romance books where heroine almost dies

I know I said this list wouldnt be all paranormal, butthisbook is paranormal. The book does not describe any sexual assault but there are references to a serial killer who also SAd some of his victims. }); She doesnt just run away from her husband; she runs away. 24 Unusual Historical Romances 1. Thank you! Every other book by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. fetchBids: function() { Series: Dark-Hunters Novel, Book 7 "Bride McTierney has had it with men. Especially if the caretaking part and her healing process take long. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. return null; published 2002, avg rating 4.03 published 2012, avg rating 4.26 580 ratings She chuckled Yes, Rays death would be convenient right about now. AKA the scariest thing ever. document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(stylesheet); googletag.pubads().enableAsyncRendering(); published 2011, The Sea King (Weathermages of Mystral, #2), Edge of Darkness (Romantic Suspense, #20; Cincinnati, #4), Highland Treasure (Sisters by Choice 0.5), Till There Was You (MacLeod, #8; De Piaget #10; de Piaget/MacLeod, #15), The Forbidden Game (The Forbidden Game, #1-3), The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1), The Wolf Within (Alpine Woods Shifters, #3). // stylesheet.rel = "stylesheet"; Theres also Eloisa James Xenobia India (Three Weeks With Lady X), who you know must be a strong and capable heroine to successfully carry that name into polite society in Regency England, and Mary Baloghs Lady Freyja Bedwyn (Slightly Scandalous), who easily lives up to her Norse goddess name. I always felt Julie Garwood was decent at this at least once per book. A = p.createElement(s); published 2006, avg rating 3.98 } googletag.pubads().collapseEmptyDivs(true); Please try again later. } else { googletag.cmd.push(function() { 71 ratings Or evil people. !function(){function n(n,t){var r=i(n);return t&&(r=r("instance",t)),r}var r=[],c=0,i=function(t){return function(){var n=c++;return r.push([t,[].slice.call(arguments,0),n,{time:Date.now()}]),i(n)}};n._s=r,this.csa=n}(); var gads = document.createElement("script"); var ue_sn = "www.goodreads.com"; Lol. You should check it out! session: { id: "038-4651514-8900753" }, published 2002, avg rating 3.92 One of the authoritative classics of the genre, Jane Eyre' s enduring popularity is testament to the power of its central romance. 289 ratings 2,142 ratings g = p.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; wonderfulespecially the mother-daughter tag-team of badassness. I want her to distance herself from him and I want the hero doing everything in his power to reach her. She always gets the last word and is never without a comeback, as opposed to, ENEMIES TO LOVERS AND THEY GET ON EACH OTHERS NERVES SO BAD AND WOW ITS SO GREAT. 44,732 ratings url = "https://s.gr-assets.com/assets/mobile/phone_hd_images-2b89833762f600506d44865a33582d11.css"; avg rating 3.91 Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bront. This list was created and voted on by Goodreads members. Well, you guys seemed to like that, so Im back with more KU recs! published 2001, avg rating 4.18 It happens in all of the four horsemen series by Laura Thalassa. Lydia Joyce. 82,542 ratings This book is so serious about the whole 'survival' thing, it . Online. 5,663 ratings 3,413 ratings }()); window.Mobvious = {}; Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, site:reddit.com/r/romancebooks FRIENDS TO LOVERS. g = p.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; "Events.Namespace": "csa", }); Shes a much-abused sex worker who hastrulybeen through itbut womens pain is so ubiquitous in our society that I dont like painting it as an inherent source of power. published 2011, avg rating 4.05 She's on the brink of death and the MMC is pretty distraught about it. for(var i=0; i=0){return}if("ue_https" in e){f=e.ue_https}else{f=e.location&&e.location.protocol=="https:"?1:0}i=f?