ragdale hall staff accommodation

Well take care of everything mouth-watering meals, indulgent treatments and peaceful pools so you can make the most of your time here. ?Some of the food was dry- the pasta looked awful. Service was not even 3 star, water spilled over table. With reference to temperatures within the spa and pool areas, I want to guarantee you that we monitor these very closely and when temperatures have dropped in certain isolated areas the engineering team have worked tirelessly to address. Browse our halls. 13 21. Luxury double or twin rooms just a couple of minutes walk from the main Hall. For the price, absolutely abysmal. I agree with room / decor comments and its all a bit lairy but if you are doing up the rooms - can you improve shower pressure on upper floors - avoid room 33 as the shower is barely a drizzle. One of them didnt work at all. I also said that I would like some treatments & wondered what would be available. Will never come back and will encourage people not to go here. I did address this with a member of staff who replied the temperature had recently been turned up!!!!! We come here yearly and its such a fantastic relaxing retreat! Howard Van Doren Shaw. Yes, free parking is available to guests. Cleanliness. You will also find everything you need to connect with the outside world, plus a TV, hairdryer and tea and coffee. We dont always get everything perfect but we work exceptionally hard to give every single guest that arrives at the Hall a memorable experience.Thanks again for posting. All of the LED neon lights are not conducive to a relaxing experience. Given a spa day voucher for Xmas Absolutely no flexibility on the meal choice - can't even upgrade and pay for a meal rather than something we don't like - they would rather it went in the bin Seems like the recent reviews are right about poor customer service Disappointed - would never visit again Want a refund for voucher but no one reply's to emails. Ragdale Hall, located in the rolling Leicestershire countryside, combines state-of-the-art facilities with the charm of traditional Victorian architecture to create one of the most luxurious and relaxing health spas in the country. No sauce or flavour. What food & drink options are available at Ragdale Hall Spa? If you have any concerns, please email us. We decided at that point to leave and we did get refunded for the second night as we didnt stay. I do wonder what some people expect when booking a spa as some seem to comment expecting lavish luxury and walk around picking fault in the smallest little crack or pass blame when them failing to take out adequate travel insurance. Hotels near (BHX) Birmingham Intl Airport, Hotels near (DSA) Doncaster Sheffield Airport. After a fabulous (overpriced) afternoon/evening visit, I was given normal bread when I am Coeliac, and cannot even share butter in case of cross contamination. I've always loved the time there and can find very little to fault. I will of course be forwarding my comments to Ragdale but feel that just keeping quiet will not drive the standards back up and people have a right to know that Ragdale certainly is nowhere near the standard it once was, and can't continue to rely solely on its name and previous reputation.Interesting to note- other disappointed reviews lately. Upon arrival at the venue, there is no doubting how beautiful and grand it is. An oil diffuser which had been placed in the room did not mask the smell. This includes personalising content and advertising. June 24, 2022 . About Us. Ragdale Hall, located in the rolling Leicestershire countryside, combines state-of-the-art facilities with the charm of traditional Victorian architecture to create one of the most luxurious and relaxing health spas in the country. All of our rooms are en suite and include complimentary toiletries. We were directed to our room which was tiny, smelled musty and had a terrible view of some air conditioning units. Ragdale Hall will become the only UK spa to offer spa treatments using Jennifer Young products, which are specially formulated for people living with or post-cancer, or who have very sensitive skin. I have been a few times before and also previously been a country club member, I'm so pleased to say that Ragdale is as fantastic as ever. The salad was tasty though, and the puddings were a nice selection. Book your escape today. more. We have had challenges with our outside waterfall pool and indoor candle pool but we continue to work with both our internal engineering team and outside contractors to get these challenges resolved. Ragdale Hall, located in the rolling Leicestershire countryside, combines state-of-the-art facilities with the charm of traditional Victorian architecture to create one of the most luxurious and relaxing health spas in the country. In offering a working environment, where our employees are friends or even family, rather than colleagues, we pride ourselves on being able to offer the perfect platform to help our team . Many of our staff members can also be reached directly via email below. This is a place of relaxation and switching off. Value 4.1. We only knew when we went to useUpon arrival at the venue, there is no doubting how beautiful and grand it is. First spa break since before covid and had some vouchers to use up before they ran out. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Two beautifully paneled, expansive parlors, located on the first floor, are available for relaxation, recreation, study . We had a few spa treatments and again, super lovely staff and a really relaxing experience. If you prefer to cycle than walk, you can borrow a bicycle, and thus travel further afield. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. With reference to visitors coming in and out of the Spa, I am aware that the Hall hosted an open day for new employees over the weekend of 14th and 15th of January and this may have increased footfall. Close. On several occasions prior to arrival, we had tried telephoning and emailing to add an evening meal onto our spa experience. I've been to Ragdale Hall a few times now for various occasions: my mum's birthday, my own birthday, as a romantic weekend with my partner, and as a girls' weekend with a few female friends. We ended up calling someone over. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I highly recommended a visit to Ragdale for anyone wanting a relaxing stay with damn good food and service. Checked in got changed and headed to the pool which was fine although the no footwear policy is strange surely thats a health and safety hazard? The candlelit pool was cold, so much so I actually got out. Ragdale Hall Spa: Perfection - See 1,973 traveler reviews, 876 candid photos, and great deals for Ragdale Hall Spa at Tripadvisor. The worst part of the meal was the staff clearing and clattering and cleaning down all the tables around us ready for (evening service I presume) and dropping things all over the floor!!! I wanted a simple single room to save money and they dont have many. Losehill House Hotel & Spa: Worth a trip for the food alone - See 1,940 traveller reviews, 675 candid photos, and great deals for Hope, UK, at Tripadvisor. Same person lead the classes - think her name was Kelsey. IRRESPONSIBLE with food allergy, would not acknowledge mistake. The day my daughter was due to go she ended up in A&E. They are delightful and friendly. With rolling countryside views and a small garden. Simply Perfect Changed into robe & went for lunch, which was delicious, dining room smelt. Nottingham, United Kingdom. Lots of young people learning on the go from some of the more experienced staff. Thank you for posting your feedback, it has been shared with the Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Manager. The floor in the Thoughts room was dirty. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. There was wallpaper hanging off the walls and the bed was small and uncomfortable. Absolutely disgusting!!!!! No way is it worth almost 500 a night. 100% recommend, will continue to return. they are so supportive and are always there when you need them. . Ragdale Hall Spa: A heavenly retreat - See 1,976 traveller reviews, 884 candid photos, and great deals for Ragdale Hall Spa at Tripadvisor. I did address this with a member of staff who replied the temperature had recently been turned up!!!!! To conclude, the day was disappointing on many levels. (This should have been 34 degrees). As a result I was unable to stay and therefore had to return home which was very upsetting as I had been looking forward to the break at Ragdale.I will be interested in your comments. The food was poor and the service was worse. Ragdale is a very special place that is always developing and investing. Ragdale Hall Spa 3.7 . The Candle room could be lovely but again this water ruined it. Is parking available at Ragdale Hall Spa? June 12-16. I did address this with a member of staff who replied the temperature had recently been turned up!!!! Melton Mowbray AimeeB159. Big call out to Jordyn - waitress in training on her 3rd night - she was great. Yes some staff are young but it is great to see them being guided by their experienced colleagues, all performed in a friendly way just as I would expect in a relaxation resort.Food is fantastic, with plenty of choice and the addition of extra food and beverage outlets over the years has further enhanced an overnight stay. Unfortunately, the business has and continues to be impacted in many areas by increasing costs and unfortunately some of these costs are passed on in the prices paid by guests. Chris, Duty Manager, explained that no other accommodation was available. Inclusive treatment was lovely - back massage and mini facial. I have been to many spa hotels but they are not as well organised or as friendly as Ragdale. SIMPLE ROOMS Our cosiest single (shower only) or twin rooms come with an en-suite but Available as single, twin, double and triple occupancy. Are there opportunities to exercise at Ragdale Hall Spa? At that time it was known as Rakedale Hall. The staff stand out as being the best part of Ragdale, every single person is so friendly and will do everything in their power to make your stay perfect. (This should have been 34 degrees). Considering how expensive it is to go here its vile! Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. Luxury Plus rooms have ample space to stretch out and relax and are available as twin, double or triples. Food is fantastic, with plenty of choice and the addition of extra food and beverage outlets over the years has further enhanced an overnight stay. The management have made a big mistake with such a massive increase in price and cutting down the treatments so you get far less for your money. I was particularly pleased to read your comment on the team and the fact they do go above and beyond to make stays as special as possible. Review of Ragdale Hall Spa. We know the best moments become memories, and these last forever. Food is fantastic, with plenty of choice and the addition of extra food and beverage outlets over the years has further enhanced an overnight stay. The swim into outdoor pool is great. It was some of the poorest food Ive ever eaten in a restaurant. We went to bed, had a terrible sleep - room was very noisy and we could hear everyone going past and talking in the corridor, plus the noise of the aircon, musty room and uncomfortable bed. I attended Raqdgale Hall today 29/11/22 on a day package (Harmony Day) with a friend. Ragdale Hall Spa: As good as ever! We are recruiting a Head of Visitor Experience to ensure delivery of a high-quality experience to everyone who visits Leicester Cathedral. Put me off and instantly got out! He accepted that there was unusual odour in the room but not an overpowering one ( I disagree). I didnt remember her name but she was good and very professional. as standards have generally slipped but Ragdale continues to charge top prices. View all. Ask nicolabZ2098OU about Ragdale Hall Spa. I also said that I would like some treatments & wondered what would be available. She was really good and an asset to Ragdale. Please see our partners for more details. We stayed for less than 1.5 hours. I decided to buy 2 of my children and there other halves Vouchers for Christmas so they could experience the relaxation and sheer enjoyment of Ragdale for 2 days. Some of the more popular amenities offered include an indoor pool, free breakfast, and an on-site restaurant. No orange. Food delicious as always - thank you for making the menu so vegan friendly. Went in the shower the fixing came completely off. I do wonder what some people expect when booking a spa as some seem to comment expecting lavish luxury and walk around picking fault in the smallest little crack or pass blame when them failing to take out adequate travel insurance. Own or manage this property? The hotel's grounds run straight into farmland, and the reception staff can advise you on the best walking trails to follow. However a couple of niggles 1. Get set up in seconds & start chatting with employers in minutes! This stay is worth 150-200 a night with the treatment, and food. LE14 3PB. I can recommend the cocktails inSimply PerfectI'm writing this on the last day of my 3 day/2 night stay in November. As a gesture of goodwill & considering my previous patronage he offered me a one-night stay at the Hall as his guest. Id suggest people spend their money elsewhere, like we will be doing next time.More. Says a lot sadly.More. The same with the various heat rooms, all super hot on the evenings I've visited.My recommendation is bring a good book, switch off, aim to relax and I guarantee you will. Positives, the robes were comfy and the rooftop pool was lovely. Accessible spa. All of our rooms are en suite and include complimentary toiletries. Overflowing towel bins and used face masks also left on the side. Will stick to our usual spa in future. Went into the steam rooms which were good. Please Ragdale make these standards very clear on arrival and ask staff to be on the lookout. kyger funeral home in harrisonburg, va; meikakuna whiskey review 2023 Private Tour Dates: June 9. We wont be booking again. We definitely wont be back. This was actually a benefit for me, as I like cold water and it meant there was less people in. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. ragdale hall staff accommodation. The room was stuffy and hot so we had to put the aircon on which rattled all night. Ragdale Hall Spa: Two night taster break with daughter - See 1,969 traveller reviews, 875 candid photos, and great deals for Ragdale Hall Spa at Tripadvisor. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. It is saddening to read this post from a loyal customer of over 20 years. However, it did not suit the other members of my group, who were actually shivering at times and barely used the water facilities. Search Ms excel jobs in Grantham, England with company ratings & salaries. Sadly, I wish we hadnt bothered. We are all a bit obsessed with time. She also looked stressed and fed up. But when youre done you just get up n walk out, no one to greet you or offer a drink , just off you go. Brett Hercock, General Manager at Ragdale Hall Spa, responded to this review. This shouldve been a sign of the poor service and standards that would follow at the spa. It is disappointing to read your post. History. I chose soup to start, which came with no bread (previously you were offered little rolls to go with this)- to be told to go and help myself. Our treatment was the aqua bed message which was actually really good. Candle pool was delightful. The public areas of which there are many and which I like to spend most of my time, range from modern and vibrant through to classic and comfortable, I really can't see how anyone could find fault.The staff stand out as being the best part of Ragdale, every single person is so friendly and will do everything in their power to make your stay perfect. It was grubby and I didnt even want to get in the pool. Simply Perfect I have no complaints whatsoever. Basket; Our Contact Details. Basically didnt want to know. I lived in staff accommodation for a while so this was a great way to make friends, you become a family. See more questions & answers about this hotel from the Tripadvisor community. I gave some dates in November & December when I was free.To date I have not had any response to this email - not even the courtesy of an acknowledgement.How Ragdale has declined in standards over the last few years which I think is borne out by a number of other reviews.I would say that on my arrival in September the porter & reception staff were very welcoming. The dining experience also had gone downhill. Just a strange butter bean and chickpea dish that tasted of vinegar. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. The start of the year is always exceptionally busy for the administration departments with people reclaiming vouchers and planning the year ahead but failing to return messages is very poor. Does Ragdale Hall Spa have any great views? and and his poet and playwright wife, Francis Wells Shaw. Book Hoar Cross Hall Hotel And Spa, Hoar Cross on Tripadvisor: See 7,129 traveler reviews, 2,560 candid photos, and great deals for Hoar Cross Hall Hotel And Spa, ranked #1 of 1 hotel in Hoar Cross and rated 4 of 5 at Tripadvisor. Our stay from Thursday until Saturday (11th-13th November) was a complete train crash from start to finish. Food was delicious and healthy and spa had plenty of different drinks experience areas, wasnt too busy either. Its expensive all round though so good luck getting back to normal and coping with energy costs ! I counted 7 in one group alone. It was very slippy! Whether you are looking for total relaxation, me-time and pampering or to kick-start a healthier lifestyle, Ragdale Hall is the perfect choice. The steam rooms smell like standing water and not pleasant. Prices are the average nightly price provided by our partners and may not include all taxes and fees. Hotels near Brewklopedia, Leicester on Tripadvisor: Find 20,162 traveller reviews, 9,584 candid photos, and prices for 478 hotels near Brewklopedia in Leicester, England. August 11. Had a day visit today at ragdale hall. #3 of 5 hotels in Melton Mowbray. (I was shivering at one point). The spa has quite a cult following; you'll find good quality, well-priced treatments delivered by people who really know their stuff. I am pleased to read you thoroughly enjoyed your facial. We had a few spa treatments and again, super lovely staff and a really relaxing experience. But when youre done you just get up n walk out, no one to greet you or offer a drink , just off you go. Then went and had a swim in the lovely pool & went in all the Thermal spa, which is all perfect. below average. The staff will bend over backwards to accommodate your . Basically this spa needs some investment to bring it up to date. We use cookies to understand how you like to use our site and to improve your experience. And lunchtime was good too. Basically didnt want to know. They went to the lighthouse spa with a voucher we got them and they thought that was brilliant. I have been to many spa hotels but they are not as well organised or as friendly as Ragdale. The yoga classes were very useful as well, and I've been inspired as a result! Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our. Shifts are worked between the hours of 9.00am and 8.30pm. Great staff and treatments . Many external visitors came to observe the facilities during our spa session, in turn meaning youre being observed half dressed. The staff stand out as being the best part of Ragdale . The rooms in Ragsdale/Mendenhall have sinks and large, walk-in closets. Then for main course i had tofu which was meant to have an orange sauce, it was dry and tasteless.My partner had the orange duck, again no flavour, dry and tough. July 7. (This should have been 34 degrees). Perfection. Learn More I have been a few times before and also previously been a country club member, I'm so pleased to say that Ragdale is as fantastic as ever.I do wonder what some people expect when booking a spa as some seem to comment expecting lavish luxury and walk around picking fault in the smallest little crack or pass blame when them failing to take out adequate travel insurance.Ragdale is special, I place you can truly relax. I chose soup to start, which came with no bread (previously you were offered little rollsI attended Raqdgale Hall today 29/11/22 on a day package (Harmony Day) with a friend. We booked a 2 night, midweek stay in November 2022. Our staff can be reached by calling 847.234.1063 and then entering their individual extensions, which are listed below. She was really good and an asset to Ragdale. Went into the steam rooms which were good. Thank you to everyone. locations. The outside of the building was pretty but inside very cheap looking and dated. Prices are the average nightly price provided by our partners and may not include all taxes and fees. Leicestershire But then to my HORROR a tampon was resting on the headrests !! A thumbs up would of been ok! I counted 7 in one group alone. Visited Ragdale for the first time with my best friend. Booking was not brilliant but that was not their fault. 22,691 - 24,800 a year. If you have any concerns, please email us. Price is 555 per person for a two-night stay Sunday to Thursday OR 651 per person for a two-night stay from Friday or Saturday (extra 10% discount not applicable to third-night option; additional night at 225 per person). This was acceptable to me.I wrote to him on 1 October thanking him & saying that as I had quite a long way to travel would it be possible to combine his goodwill gesture with a further couple of nights stay which of course I would pay for. They are also not very warm. Basically this spa needs some investment to bring it up to date. say thank you with a Ragdale Hall Spa gift voucher. I have been a few times before and also previously been a country club member, I'm so pleased to say that Ragdale is as fantastic as ever.I do wonder what some people expect when booking a spa as some seem to comment expecting lavish luxury and walk around picking fault in the smallest little crack or pass blame when them failing to take out adequate travel insurance.Ragdale is special, I place you can truly relax. The candlelit pool was cold, so much so I actually got out. Ragdale never fails to please. The restaurant is lovely and the service just right. Things dont always go to plan but the staff are more than willing to assist and if possible resolve any issue very quickly. Glad to get back to my warm car on the way home I will not be returning anytime soon. Both pools were also cooler than usual and the jacuzzi failed to impress as it was lukewarm. Applications are juried annually by the Ragdale Curatorial Board. This cost me 167 and two additional treatments cost 95. We had to keep walking from one end of the spa to the other, in our dressing gowns. Service 4.6. I can recommend the cocktails in AVOID! Seconds, minutes, hours, days, gone before we can even count them. Food delicious as always - thank you for making the menu so vegan friendly. Melton Mowbray (20) Company. This break was booked last July so have been looking forward to it for a while! The water temperature is much cooler than Ive ever known in a spa. Lots of young people learning on the go from some of the more experienced staff. (I was shivering at one point). The food in the. The public areas of which there are many and which I like to spend most of my time, range from modern and vibrant through to classic and comfortable, I really can't see how anyone could find fault.The staff stand out as being the best part of Ragdale, every single person is so friendly and will do everything in their power to make your stay perfect. I have no complaints whatsoever. Reset your mind and body with a short notice spa break, Short on time? Yes, it offers wheelchair access, reduced mobility rooms, and facilities for disabled guests. I highly recommended a visit to Ragdale for anyone wanting a relaxing stay with damn good food and service. Changed into robe & went for lunch, which was delicious, dining room smelt. I dont want to hear staff banter or any grumbles around the various. Sadly, I wish we hadnt bothered.On several occasions prior to arrival, we had tried telephoning and emailing to add an evening meal onto our spa experience. Would highly recommend the sinus soothing facial! . Visited Ragdale for the first time with my best friend. Ragdale Staff. Reviewed 15 November 2021. Show more Write a review. Anyway still feel that they could have enjoyed somewhere else for longer for that price, hard lesson learnt. Its took nearly 2 hours and was. Ragdale is a nonprofit artists' community located on the former Arts & Crafts country estate of architect.