how to make a marble cake with cake mix

How To Make A Marble Cake Using ONE Recipe! Pour the batter into the prepared pan. There are many ways to use up leftover cake mix which can be either dry or fresh ones that youve made yourself using a different recipe (such as Marble Pound Cake Loaf ). Cake Mix You can now buy cake mixes with different flavors. Preheat oven to 350F/180Butter or line with parchment paper a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan and set aside. Flat and dense cakes are usually the result of over mixing. This happens to everyone at least once in their lifetime and it usually means that there was too much baking powder added during the mixing process. See below for details on each method. Use a light hand, to simply place the cake batters next to each other, without swirling them together. In a small saucepan, combine the cocoa powder, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and the water. This should take about 3-5 minutes on medium-high speed. There are many risks involved with eating cake, such as: Weight gain Just like the majority of sweet treats out there, cakes are often high in sugar & fat. Dont swirl too much or the batters will become muddled and youll lose that beautiful marbled effect. This means using an electric mixer to beat the two ingredients together. I cant stress that enough. Buttermilk is the secret to the super moist texture. Before removing the cake from the cake pan, remember to let the cake cool on a wire rack for about thirty minutes. Apple yolks (fat) are responsible for the moisture, tenderness, richness, and flavor of baked goods. I read the comments,and just thought Id add a couple of comments. If youre using a loaf pan, swirl opposing zig-zags all the way around the pan to form a chain. Fill the pan with hot soapy water and let soak for a few minutes, handwash and dry thoroughly. 2023, girl. For mini cakes, use enough sugar so that every bite has at least 2 tsp worth on it! Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. The yellow and chocolate cake batters are swirled together, but not completely mixed, giving the cake a marbled effect. A thick layer of solid vegetable shortening or cooking spray over the bottom of the pans will aid in the cake's easy removal. #sweetestmenu Frost the bottom cake layer with about cup of chocolate frosting. After that, set it aside. Ive found that just a simple vanilla bean buttercream and chocolate ganache work best with a marble cake. This cake has been a staple of bake sales and potlucks for generations, and for good reason. And also how to marble the both flavors in the cake pans, baking them and wrapping. Its a passion of mine that Ive been exploring for a while now, and Im always looking for new ways to push the envelope. Step by Step Instructions to Make Marble Cake With Cake Mix Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy, this will take 5 minutes on medium speed if using an electric mixer. Oven Standard sized oven (Cupcakes will require one that can fit at least 12 standard muffin liners). The key to success here is determining how much batter you need for each color so that you end up with thin enough layers not to lose much height during cooking (or thin enough to allow for multiple layers). However, since the colors are hand-mixed, you may have to use a knife or skewer to marble the batter by swirling it just before baking. Some good examples are applesauce, mashed bananas, syrup, jelly, jams, honey, milk/soy milk, yogurt & tofu. Theres no perfect way to do this thats what makes each cake unique! The term Marble describes how the cooked batter looks rather than its ingredients or flavoring. A few good ones to start off with include: Green tea Theres something about this type of marble cake with cake mix that makes it smell like its delivering a message from the future. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat briefly to combine dont worry if the mixture goes a little bit lumpy at this stage then scrape down the sides of the bowl. Afterward, put a spoonful of chocolate into each cake pan. Then, as often as needed, scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl. Bake the cake. Im making this cake today so I hope I hear back from you. Marble Cake Layers: Preheat oven to 350F / 175 C. Grease and line four 8" cake pans and set aside. Like everyone else I ended up with some short cakes my finished 9 layers ended up only 3/4 thick after baking it seemed like there was way less batter in the pans than Id expect? (Though there is a marble pound cake recipe in that book!) So could you tell me if thats fine as well? However, some common problems people sometimes run into while following this method include: The mix hardens upon contact This is typically caused by one of two things: the ingredients werent room temperature enough before mixing or too much jelly/frosting was used during the decorating process. Normally Sallys stuff comes out perfect on the first try so Im not sure where we went wrong. Like the light, airy cakes from box mixes. This way all of the moisture will be on whats being eaten first so that theres more for later! Separately, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy then add eggs one at a time while mixing thoroughly. Stuck on what to make for dinner? If youre still looking for a marble-boxed cake mix, Duncan Hines has one available called Signature Fudge Marble Cake Mix and Betty Crocker has one called Chocolate Swirl Cake Mix. Freeze the frosted cake for up to 3 months. Whether thats another bakery or grocery store, the cakes they sell may not always cook properly and/or taste as good as expected. This cake is modeled after a bourbon-based Kentucky Butter Cake, which was awarded the Gold Medal of the International Society of Baking. As long as you follow these steps, there shouldnt be anything that can go wrong when baking marble cake with cake mix. Because this mix contains premium ingredients and is made with all natural flavors, you can be certain that it is free of artificial ingredients. Learn how to make a checkerboard cake by using two different colored checkerboard batters, a pattern, and a knife. At Stop & Shop, we are committed to providing our customers with accurate nutritional information. Melt 4 ounces of chocolate in the microwave, stopping and stirring every 20 seconds until completely smooth. Home Recipes Desserts Cake and Cupcake Recipes Marble Cake. Make Cookies Add egg, oil, and water as needed. 1/4 cup (60ml) heavy cream, half-and-half, or whole milk optional: chocolate or rainbow sprinkles for decorating Instructions Preheat oven to 350F (177C). Preheat the oven to 325F. Find delicious dinner ideas, flavorful appetizers and snacks and delightful desserts for any occasion. This gorgeous loaf cake boasts swirls of both chocolate and vanilla. Its really helpful to be able to prepare frosting in advance. The basic yellow cake batter is a lot of fun to make. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Its been a long time coming, but I finally have a marble cake recipe to share with you! Hi, I havent tried this recipe with non-dairy milk. Bring to a simmer over high heat, whisking until smooth. Most marble cake recipes call for just cocoa powder when it comes to the chocolate portion of the cake. Spray two 9-inch round cake pans with non-stick cooking spray (or use the wrappers from the butter to grease them thoroughly). The chocolate frosting, which is very similar to this Decadent Dark Chocolate Buttercream, also helps to keep the cake moist while adding loads of rich chocolate flavor. The flavor wont come out strong enough If you dont want to lose flavor but also dont want it to overdo itself, try using half the amount of jelly called for on the box. After that, scrape down the sides and the bowls bottom as often as needed using a rubber spatula. There are several variants of the recipe, but the most common involves dyeing portions of the batter with food coloring and carefully layering them in the pan before baking. Everything! Inspired. Moreover, you can substitute buttermilk with a tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar whenever buttermilk is unavailable in your local supermarket. Begin by making the vanilla cake batter. Whether youre making a classic yellow or white cake mix, there are numerous options to choose from. I used cake flour, weighed not scooped and followed your instructions exactly.. any ideas why this would happen? Kristin Maxwell is the creator and main recipe developer, writer, and photographer of Yellow Bliss Road. Spray two 9-inch round cake pans with non-stick cooking spray (or use the wrappers from the butter to grease them thoroughly). Using a spatula and gently hand-mixing, alternate adding flour mixture and buttermilk to the butter/oil batter, starting and ending with flour mixture and mixing until just combined after each addition. Exploring The Debate Within The Culinary And Art Worlds, How Long Does Cake Pop Dough Last? The best options are unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted chopped nuts, or chocolate chips to go with your favorite chocolate or vanilla flavor. Ive never tried them myself. Stir by hand, just until combined and you have a creamy chocolate cake batter. You dont want to add too much or youll wind up with jelly exploding out of them when theyre finished baking. Delicious Gluten-Free Vanilla Cupcake Recipe From Scratch. Dont worry if its not perfect. Place the cake flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the cake flour, vanilla pudding mix (in dry powdered form), baking powder, and salt. Preheat the oven to 350F. There are several ways to make a marble cake, the most common include baking using hand-mixed batter or two pre-separated batters. Chocolate can be used to make your favorite vanilla cake into the best marble cake. Meet my Marble Cake. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. If making cupcakes, use liners & fill each just over half full then add about 1 tsp jelly into the middle. I worked my way up through the ranks, and eventually became the head pastry chef. If this is the case, then we have the recipe for you. In my recipe testing, I tried several marble cakes using cocoa powder and the results just do NOT compare to marble cake made with pure chocolate. Prepare two 8-inch round baking pans, line the bottom with parchment paper and grease the sides. In a large bowl and with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, eggs, milk and butter for 2 minutes at medium speed, scraping the sides and bottom a couple of times so everything is incorporated. Doing this makes it easier to frost and stack. Reserved. Buttermilk is the secret to the super moist texture of this marble cake. Once youve made both cake batters, its merely a matter of following my method for adding the batter to the cake pan and creating a swirl pattern. Reserve 1 cup of batter. In addition, milk will increase the number of calories in the cake while lowering its nutritional value. The downside to this method is that it requires more effort but the upside is that you will not suffer from any significant crumbling of cake layers during cooking as can happen when making layer cakes. Paintbrush/Sponge Brush *Optional If you want to add jelly before baking or if your cake has already been baked and you want to add additional fruity flavoring after its finished cooking. There are few cakes as classic and iconic as a Betty Crocker marble cake. While this channel may earn minimal sums when the viewer uses the links, the viewer is in NO WAY obligated to use these links. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the softened butter, cooled German chocolate, cocoa powder mixture, and powdered sugar. If the nutritional information on the product label does not match the information on our site, please contact customer service at Stop.com. To get even color distribution when layering the batters, divide the batter equally between two bowls and add food coloring to one while mixing. And, like usual, I use a mix of granulated sugar and brown sugar in todays recipe. Set aside. Make the yellow cake batter. Scoop about a third of the yellow cake batter into a bowl and stir in the cocoa powder. Marble Pound Cake If you want to cook marble cake thats similar to pound cakes, follow these steps: Sift dry ingredients into one bowl. However, Duncan Hines and Betty Crocker both still have marble cake mixes available if youre desperately in search of one. This site is about making food with love and style. Grease two. To cut, use a serrated knife. Just add water, oil, and eggs, and you will have a cake that is sure to please. Mix together cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in a large bowl. Keep in mind that cracked eggs will still work depending on what else is inside the bowl while yogurt & soy milk will only work if theyre combined properly with water otherwise itll just taste like glue! After frosting your cake with ganache, store it in the fridge for 20 minutes. Repeat with the second layer, alternating the vanilla and chocolate batter. Heat oven to 350F (325F for dark or nonstick pan). Making it again . The food can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days. And hey, maybe that means more money can be saved up for other things instead! It will also freeze really well. If you want to add a little more sweetness, try diced crystallized ginger, dried fruit, or fresh berries. Thanks for the delicious recipe! Wow Finally, remove from the oven and place in a wire rack to completely cool down. Specifically, egg yolks. If you love interesting patterns and flavor combinations in cakes, try this Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake, Neapolitan Cake, or Peanut Butter Chocolate Layer Cake! Sorry! Next, grab a spoon and drip over the white batters top. Without any nutritious foods to go along with these baked goods, theres a very good chance that youll end up malnourished over time! How to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Marble Cake *You can find the full, printable cake recipe at the bottom of this post- but here is a quick rundown of our process. Mix together the dry ingredients (3 cups flour, 3 cups sugar, 2 1/2 tsp baking powder, and 1 tsp salt) in a stand mixer with a paddle until fully combined. The last one might not sound delicious but it will work just fine as long as its mixed well with whatever ingredients are already inside. While the first is better for people who want to eat it slowly over time, the other works best if you plan on eating it all at once: Short term storage If you know that your marble cake with cake mix isnt going to be finished by the end of the day and enjoy refrigerating food, this is what youll want to go for: As soon as everythings done cooking & cooling off, place any leftovers in an airtight container. If you have pans deeper than 9 inches in size, you can also use them. While this cake may look complicated to make, it isnt at all. Hi Sherry, Im sorry to hear you didnt enjoy the cake. Very short and dense layers. Just want to enhance and have more of the chocolatey flavour. Hi sally, I made this cake twice and the layers came out very short and dense. After a years working in IT, I realized that it was not a road I wanted to continue on, there was something else commanding my attention organic food, cooking and food photography. Hand Mix Method - This technique involves mixing together all components by hand and pouring one color at a time into the pan as it's being baked. When baking, the pans might overflow when the mixture rises. This happens to everyone at least once in their lifetime and it usually means that there was too much baking powder added during the mixing process. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together until well combined.