field grade officer oer character comments

TO BEGIN THE OER, CLICK ON THE "RATED SOLDIER TAB" AT THE TOP OF THE OER SHELL AND COMPLETE BLANKS AS REQUIRED USING INFO BELOW: ----- (Admin Data - Rated Soldier Tab) RATED OFFICER: VO, SON L . He is easily in the top three junior NCOs that I have had the pleasure of working with. HRC wants to nominate officers who desire the positions and have the right skills for those positions. If, for example, someone is being prosecuted for dereliction of duty, a character statement on that person's behalf should include information describing your experience with that person's earnest dedication to his assigned responsibilities. Get some sleep. SUBJECT: Character Statement for SPC Joe J. Smith. Type your statement and print it on good quality paper. I am currently a Recruiter in Talladega and an active member of the Sergeant Audie Murphy Club. Report) to DA Form 67-10-4 (Strategic Grade Plate General Officer Evaluation Report) (para 1-1). new year new NCOER program this helps a lot! An effective character statement focuses on specifics. Votes. What are best command practices for closing down battalions? This can be hard because you have limited space, so focus on the facts. Feel free to use these as a template for doing your own. Contributions are moderated and will not show up until reviewed. 04-PUB NOT RELEASABLE TO FOREIGNERS (NOFORN) 42-ITEM ONLY PRODUCED IN ELECTRONIC MEDIA. Theoretically, each assignment officer will touch approximately 68 percent of their assigned population over a span of two years. The new Army OER form requires bullet comments for the following sections: - Character. Please know that I just copied these from my own OERs (I did change my name and unit though). In this case, a middle third officer may have the right skills and experiences to supersede a top third officer. The Army rolled out a new support form. My name is SSG Wayne and I am SPC Morrison's supervisor. Leading by example is a manifestation of character and presence attributes." (FM 6-22 Leader Development, 7-23) . They just want to get an idea of the person's history so that they can make a fair decision based on the evidence. A key part of the new OER system will be to ask raters to make determinations about what an officer is capable of, and what suggestions there might be for how the officer can be better developed . Organizational leaders must understand that the assignments process essentially starts at the unit level. What form is the NCOER? Field Grade Officers (O-5 through O-6): To achieve O-5 takes approximately 16 to 22 years time-in-service. MSAF information was a data point collected on DA Form 67-10 series OERs dated Nov 2015. SUBJECT: Character Statement for SGT Jones. I recommend supporting him with his request to stay in the Army. SPC Smith always maintains a very high standard of dress and appearance. The new Army OER form requires bullet comments for the following sections: First and foremost, I have one thing to say: ADRP 6-22 (. Although I was not his direct supervisor, I worked closely with him for over 16 months. The prosecution will methodically present arguments proving their case by focusing on specific traits and if you want to have any hope of defending your pal, you must present specific examples in your statement. Every resource available on OER Commons contains an . Throughout this period of time, I had the opportunity to witness his work ethic, professionalism, and ability to lead. At that time, SSgt Trejo was a Lance Corporal and played a key role in the success of RSS Brooklyn. My Name is SFC Ryan P. Fasano. (Rated officer's signature verifies officer has seen completed OER Parts I-VI and the administrative data is correct) al. You can't do it all yourself. $84 million contract awarded for Excalibur replenishment, Army initiates corrections to criminal database, Army officer part of newly resumed cooperation for International Space Station, Chief Warrant Officer 3 Sarah Stone is just one of four, Army CIO speaks at Army Europe and Africa 2022 Cybersecurity Summit, Transcript: Media Roundtable with Mr. Douglas Bush, ASA for AL&T, July 27, 2022, Transcript: Media Roundtable with Dr. Raj Iyer, Army Chief Information Officer, and LTG John B. Morrison, Jr., Army Deputy Chief of Staff G-6 June 09, 2022, Army Inspector General starts New Soldier Experience inspection, Vietnamese-American service members parallel paths to the American dream, Bengali chief warrant officer finds the American dream through serving, U.S. Army STAND-TO! A character statement helps judges, Commanders, First Sergeants, and other strangers make fair decisions by providing a factual description of a person's character. Senior Rater Bullet Comments; what is best for promotion boards? I remember one incident that illustrates his non-confrontational nature. First, it describes how a rater or senior rater sees evaluations. The same applies to outstanding performance. In regards to this situation, I can tell you that this was a one-time mistake and out of character for her. Being a leader is where SSG Deleon shined the most. o performed at a level above the normal call of duty; produced exemplary results. Try and start your FITREP bullets with a hard hitting action word or words, IN ALL CAPS, and then elaborate on it. Finally, the remaining branch-immaterial jobs are filled. Because he or she is being judged by strangers who don't know him, character statements will be required for his defense. 30 days or first drill if reserve component. I am aware of the discharge proceedings against SPC Smith. This assertion, along with Army Regulation (AR) 623-3: Evaluation Reporting System (ERS), implies that character is the foremost leadership requirement: The Army Values, empathy, warrior ethos, and discipline are critical attributes that define a leader's character and apply across all grades, positions, branches, and specialties. While these are effective and canonical definitions, there was just more I expected. I currently serve as a Mortar Platoon Sergeant in 1st Brigade, 4th Infantry Division. Describe incidents where he was encouraged to cut corners or leave his post but refused. His drive and motivation played a key role in the accomplishment of the Unit's mission: taking civilians, turning them into Infantrymen and training them to be the Force's future leaders. of all officers, the best among a select grade or group, promote below the zone). Thanks! Senior leader involvement in the talent management process encourages officers to build a solid reach-back network. The SM should have provided information on his/her OER support . It can't be a rambling, general statement that "John is one of the nicest guys I have ever met". I have served over eleven years active duty service in our great Army. I can be reached at ryan.p.fasano.mil@mail.mil or 719-964-8004. Networking at the field-grade level is integral to continuing career progression. Get, Create, Make and Sign oer support form pdf . His interactions with me, and those I have witnessed with other superiors, are always with good military bearing and keen attention to customs and courtesies. I will have honorably served for 15 years come February, 2019. DA Form 2166-8 for NCOER DA Form 2166-9-1A. Hard work is only part of achieving your goal; developing a solid network is another. 1. I first met CW3 Texas-Ranger in August 2004, when he served as an AIT Drill Sergeant at Ft. Gordon, GA. CW3 Texas-Ranger was never assigned as my Drill Sergeant or Senior Drill Sergeant. The establishment of realistic career goals is paramount to successfully managing expectations. All validated requisitions are important, and someone will fill the requirement. PERIOD'COVERED:'''!FROM%(YYYYMMDD)!THRU%(YYYYMMDD)! SUBJECT: Character Statement for SGT Jones. In most cases, one OER can separate officers in the top third from those in the middle third. Officers normally serve 36 months in an assignment, and the YMAV or DEROS is usually in the last month. The first sentence should state your overall opinion of the subject and everything else written should support that statement. Nominative assignments are continual and do not necessarily align with a specific cycle. We need more examples. Approximately 51 percent of the officers who enter these types of assignments will not exit them in the same performance tier. He completes all tasks I ask of him and has often shown initiative and motivation with other tasks. HRC account managers are responsible for representing their assigned units' requirements. Timing of the MER submission is critical, and G-1s are ultimately responsible for submitting it to HRC. Every officer possesses certain talents that benefit the organization. This article was published in the July-August 2018 issue of Army Sustainment magazine. Despite his young age, he is one our most mature Soldiers and never has to be told what his job is or be reminded to do something. HRC intends to publish responses, which PPTO will forward when available. Senior leaders play a critical role in managing talent across the organization, and your reputation will make the difference during the process. He is one of the most calm members of our work center. Talent management must be viewed holistically. For example: OUTSTANDING LEADER: Lead a 25 man platoon into Afghanistan for a 60 day security mission. Performance is everything. Recently, HRC held a virtual town hall, and many comments focused on this issue. DSN 530-XXXX. However, officers must develop realistic plans that mitigate risks to accomplish their overall career goals. Use plain bond paper and the official memorandum format. Medical support, educational interests, or exploration opportunities are all worth consideration. As an officer's performance changes, so does the five-year plan. Raters and SRs should do their work. SHARP, EO, and EEO. Provide rater and senior rater support forms. " Your team consistently meets their goals often exceeding expectations. He would selflessly sacrifice his time on countless occasions, in order to lift the weight off his struggling peer's backs. Often officers place a high priority on joint assignments; however, there are risks associated with receiving jobs for which only "the best" are assigned. An assignment at the Army Human Resources Command (HRC) is an incredible opportunity for officers and enlisted personnel to learn how the Army executes personnel processes. The more distant the relationship, the more credible the letter will be perceived to be. Officers may have promotion to lieutenant colonel basically locked, but the probability of being selected for battalion command may be lower. To achieve desirable career outcomes, an officer must consider the following 10 aspects. My name is SSG Smith and I am writing on behalf of SGT Jones. I currently senior rate 23 Army Officers in this grade. The documents hosted in the ACO Learning Center come from various sources. The Army wants specifics on AR 623-3 and DA form 67-10-1a. Assignment officers typically serve on the desk for two years or four assignment cycles. Ask the subject of the character statement if they have any information that could help project a positive image such as a list of accomplishments, organizations that he or she belongs to, or any other relevant information. An OER with negative comments, "no" block checks, or negative ratings (referred OER), is career threatening for the Officer who receives it. 4. c. COMMENTS . ". If an Officer just received a negative OER, it is advisable to retain a military lawyer to assist with an appeal. SPC Smith is one of the technicians who work in the Aeromedical Staging Facility (clinical operations). Fill oer support form character bullets: Try Risk Free. Spend some time thinking this through so that you can come up with material that will cast doubt on the charges. Take the time to make the next move a family decision and not just about the position available. Furthermore, I served with CW3 Texas-Ranger in Fort Hood, TX, and Bagram, Afghanistan. If possible, these additional positive attributes should overlap with or complement your main assertion. Although lokely the rater is simply copying from the support form and changing pronouns. - Achieves. 43. Assuming that you are the rater and not senior rater keep in mind that you are charged with only rating the officers performance during the last rated period. I have always known him to be quietly cheerful and, to my knowledge, he has always had a good attitude and a positive outlook. Happens frequently in the TPU. Not once did he complain about making telephone calls, visiting high schools, or area canvassing the streets and Subways of Brooklyn, NY. Discuss job description and performance objectives with rated officer within 30 days. In addition to limiting promotion potential, a negative OER can trigger the Army Officer Elimination process.. SFC, USA If you got 'em, they can be shared by using the form below. SPC Smith is a quiet, soft-spoken individual who often keeps to himself. In summary, I am surprised to learn of the behavior SPC Morrison is charged with. The Army has plenty of assignment opportunities other than brigade combat teams, and these opportunities need solid performers.