4kq breakfast team

The newly renamed SENQ will feature a sport line-up spearheaded by Channel 7 stalwart Pat Welsh and cricketer-turned-broadcaster Ian Healy. The description of tearing the heart out of us loyal 4KQ listeners is true and is really literally a loss like the death of my whole family and friends. Just got a new listener, just listening to your first Sunday morning sixties, 4kqs loss is your gain, go for it. Test yourself with this Cockney Rhyming Slang quiz. 4KQ's Breakfast Team (left to right) Mark Hine, Laurel Edwards and Gary Clare, Thursday, June 23, 2022 - Picture: Richard Walker Edwards, who recently celebrated 30 years with 4KQ, said they'd known the station was being sold for a number of months but had hoped the new owners would continue the same format. Back in primary school, 4BCs Murray Shoring visited to give a presentation about radio, and thats when I knew I wanted to be an announcer. You can also 'Read More' to view our Cookie Policy and learn how to control them. Take it easy guys. Welcome to the Coronation! Good luck Thanks The company behind Melbourne sports radio institution SEN has bought Brisbanes 4KQ and will change the popular classic music station to a sports format later in the year. The heart has been torn out if it. Look forward to many hours of great songs and getting to know all the announcers on Air. A big Beckham birthday! More local news: 7news.com.au/news/brisbane #7NEWS See less Comments Most relevant 24 hr sport will not succeed in Brisbane because of the loyalty of KQ listeners. There's also a genuine warmth and rapport between the breakfast hosts and they are truly connected to Brisbane, especially Laurel. visited to give a presentation about radio, and thats when I knew I wanted to be an announcer, said Laurel. If you want to immerse your life into sports from the couch, there are many opportunities already. Im happy to hand them the alarm clock and I cant wait to get cracking on my new drive show, he said. Police raid online sensation shop Wakey Wines looking for drugs as owner famous for his Prime Not so shipshape! Laurel, Gary and Mark are Brisbanes longest continual running breakfast show, having entertained listeners on-air together for 16 years. Readers in the comments section asking the question that the author of the article didnt? ', Bad sportsmanship: Another distraught listener said the 'rebranding' announcement had 'ruined my day', while one person wrote: 'Absolutely disgusting [to] sell out to SPORTS!'. When we think about it, the number of times 4BH has gone under coincides with the number of times theyve adopted the nursing home music format. radioinfo ABN: 960 699 39797 | PO Box 6430 North Ryde NSW 2113 Australia. By Demeter Stamell For Daily Mail Australia, Published: 14:02 GMT, 5 May 2022 | Updated: 14:15 GMT, 5 May 2022. Poll: Who should replace Ben Fordham on drive next month? Latest Interviews. Read More. It did what many thought impossible remain very competitive in the ratings (including several wins in recent years) while broadcasting music on the AM band. I was thoroughly enjoying the previous 4bh musicIll be finding another station now, hopefully that play a lot of 70s music.if any such station exists. 4kq breakfast team. The sad truth is that while punching well above its weight in terms of listeners, KQ was not doing as well financially as it might. The radio station - whose tagline is 'Good Times & Great Classic Hits' - was recently bought out bySports Entertainment Network. advertise that the whole show is now here and watch your ratings grow again. He started in the mid 80's before returning in the mid-90's, first as Breakfast producer and then on-air. 4KQ is a commercial radio station in Brisbane, Australia owned by Sports Entertainment Network (SEN). I for one have had a gutfull of the novelty songs he seemed to like inflicting on his listeners. Gary Clare has often referred to the lack of acknowledgment for their efforts by the boss. Thanks Brent, Thanks for the memories! I stopped listening to 4kq years ago because of the stupidity of the 3 stoogers. [9] In 1986, 4KQ was purchased by Wesgo.[10]. The popular trio lost their regular gig at 4KQ after the station was sold to the Sports Entertainment Network (SEN) earlier this year and was rebranded from a music format to 24/7 sports coverage. [14], Following the sale, SEN announced a rebrand to 693 SENQ and a programming change to "constant sporting content" as "Queensland's only dedicated sports station". Value 3.0. While carbon copying 4KQ would normally be a BAD idea, with 4KQ going away, its a no brainer, grab the whole lot, team and all and run with it, 4KQ ran #1 and (back when 4BH was live and local) traded places regularly. Laurel Edwards, who recently clocked up three decades on Brisbane Breakfast airwaves, an Australian radio record, is thrilled to join the 4BC family. P.S. Consider a big Easter/Christmas countdown, similar to the 4KQ Easter Countdown of 1000 Hits., If you manage to implement some or all of these, loyal 4KQ listeners are going to be more likely to make the switch to 4BH.. 2023 AMT, trading as Radio Today. 3.1K views, 82 likes, 37 loves, 20 comments, 7 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from 4KQ 693AM: This morning Laurel, Gary & Mark celebrated 15-years on-air with help from Sunrise! I have noticed an improvement this week, way better more lively, probably in an attempt to get 4kq people across, just remember, you have to be consistent, people will be onto it otherwise! The breaky show in melbs has had no impact at all. Gary has had two stints at 4KQ totalling 31 years. New beginnings:According to Sports Entertainment Network, the changes are set to take place in July, with a 'sports-focused format'. or debate this issue live on our message boards. I couldnt imagine anything worse. I miss that. Whatever you choose, its Radio enjoy! Play the up tempo/ up vibe songs. I am looking forward to 4BH coming my favourite Radio station. I am pleased to hear that Brent James in particular will continue his brilliant 60s Hits series on 4BH, my NEW station as of midnight tonight, or when I turn the radio on tomorrow and tune it to 1116kHz! I tried 4 BC and was lmmdiatly sport bombarded with sports crap. He started in the mid-80s before returning in the mid-90s, first as a Breakfast producer and then on-air. "We know Queenslanders love their sport," Hutchison said. History. 2022-06-30; Tune in to 4BC Breakfast with Laurel, Gary & Mark every weekday from 5.30am-9am. You cant beat that type of music . Great format! I also wish Bob Gallagher well in his new breakfast show at 4BH. So pleased 4BH is playing easy listening music ,in place of 693. 4BH is a more of a pure music station. The seller, HT&E, was required to sell 4KQ after its acquisition of ARN Regional from Grant Broadcasters in January. All Rights Reserved. Edwards, Clare and Hine will bring their top-rating breakfast show Good Times and Great Hits to 4BC from Monday. [4][5][6], On 1 September 1948, the station changed to 690kHz, although was marketed in the 1970s and 1980s as 4KQ 700. I would like to thank Laurel, Gary and Mark and the entire team at 4KQ who helped make the station such a success story.. Miss the other terribly , the old songs tell a story of love sadness, happiness and peoples names which brightens up the day as other stations too much talking and songs that are cried or rude or hard to hear what theyre singing about. Has the format actually failed in the southern states? The 4KQ 693AMbreakfast team is marking 15 years together. what happened to archie in monarch of the glen; funeral poem our father kept a garden. 4KQ is a commercial radio station based in Brisbane, Australia owned and operated by the Australian Radio Network. Their final show comes a week out from the classic hits station turning off the mics next Thursday, June 30. Prince Harry shares struggles to be his 'authentic true self' growing up, saying he felt pressures to 'come As Prince Harry says he felt like the film 'the boy in the bubble' before having therapy, who was What will the next pandemic be? Take full advantage of this golden opportunity to become the new 4KQ . | All content 1996-2023. The acquisition of 4KQ meant SEN would have stations in every capital, bar Canberra. Keep it up. In my opinion, this is because the owners underestimated the potential spending power of its audience, and failed to market the station properly to potential advertisers. Peter, Unhappy to see the change. Supplied image of 4KQ breakfast team of Mark Hine, Laurel Edwards and Gary Clare Previous breakfast winners, 4KQ's Laurel, Gary and Mark, dropped to sixth. The music was unlistenable! Beer swilling, disgusting jokes of the coarsest nature, aired on free to air TV by presenters, unshaven, casually dressed, with the basest behaviour, leaves me sickened. You got me as long as the music is good, where you can hear the singer not being drowned out by electronic crap.. I am so pleased they are to continue! The new radio station will deliver 24/7 sports coverage, and has been branded as 'Queensland's only dedicated sports station'. is happy with the deepening community connection the additions bring to 4BC. Image: 4KQ.com.au. Will the KQ breakfast team end up there? 4bh should bring back greg victor richard perno and judy bourke who made the station popular in the late 90s. All Rights Reserved. You have torn the heart out of Brisbane radio for the older demographic., Another observed The void 4KQ leaves behind is too big for ACE not to afford 4BH much greater investment in talent and much format leverage., A few subtle changes are already underway at 4BH but do they meet the objective of becoming the default option for listeners once 4KQ closes?, Alternatively listeners will disperse all over the place (in particular will be interesting to see whether ARN paint River 94.9 in capital city colours or keep if strictly local) or, worse for radio, some listeners will switch off altogether., Note to 4BH & ACE Radio Broadcasters if you want to take maximum advantage of the exodus from 4KQ when 693 becomes 24/7 sport talk, do the following: Geet a local DJ/presenter or two, a Brisbane name. Play songs of Brisbane bands from the classic hits era (e.g. The classic hits station was launched on May 7, 1947, as a Rock n Roll station, but by the 90s was winning over listeners and ratings with its classic hits music format. Was Kyle Sandilands auditioning for a new job? They cover some of the day's topical news, with a couple of funny stories in between and offer a great mix of music and memories. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. I guess we shall see in the next few months. Ask night driving Truckies. His time has come. PS. Its about standing with us when its uncomfortable: World Pride, advocacy and corporate dollars, A rundown of the brands looking to bathe in the sparkle of Sydney World Pride, Were the only one-stop-shop at scale in Australia: EssenceMediacom APAC CEO fires warning shot. I enjoyed Neil Breens breakfast show and as another comment above indicates, its going to be difficult to listen to him in drive. Were very happy with the coverage. Not exactly true, 5kW vs 10kW day. I couldnt imagine how any company could think that 24/7 sports could possibly be shoved at 4KQ followers and expect that to work. Announcing the new 4BC lineup, Content ManagerMax Dudleysays We now have an even stronger local lineup with deeper connections to our audience, throughLaurel, Gary and Mark,Ray Hadleyin Mornings,Sofie Formicain Afternoons andNeil Breenin Drive. I dont like sport blaring from my radio and will never listen to it! This is great news for Laurel and Co! Male presenter pretending to grab the butt of a female presenter. Anything less than 8% for the new, more expensive show must be considered a failure. Im happy to hand them the alarm clock and I cant wait to get cracking on my new Drive show. The sale will mean a major realignment in the Brisbane radio ratings, as other stations including 4BH (owned by Nine Entertainment but managed by Ace Radio) and ARNs own River 94.9 (which is based in Ipswich but can be heard across much of Brisbane) scramble to pick up the KQ audience. Your email address will not be published. The station is part of our lives. LAUREL, GARY AND MARK COULD WELL BE SNAPPED UP BY ACE RADIO TO DO BREAKFAST ON 4BH. 4KQ broadcasts from Brisbane suburb of Milton, after moving with its sister station 97.3 FM from Stones Corner in 2020. Its a full-circle moment for me, and its even better to be doing it with my radio brothers Gary and Mark. Watch this space. Along with so many people in Brisbane and beyond, that dedicated group of 4KQ personalities and their support group, who have given their lives and energy, sharing their passion with the people of Brisbane for such a long time, are the stabilising backdrop of my life. Jase & Lauren. Graham Thouard (ex 4KQ listener), 4BH is available on DAB+ digital radio, I only listen to digital radio at home these days. 'Can't believe it has been sold to broadcast sport!!! Please try again later. The Breakfast Creek Hotel is arguably the most famous watering hole in Queensland and probably one of the top two or three in the country. My passion for helping people attain optimal well-being and productivity drew me to business and technology, with 6+ years of work experience in pharma retail, finance, and business operations . ACE better not screw this up. If Ive inadvertently used copyrighted material, failed to give credit where its due, written or said something you disagree with, or otherwise upset or unexpectedly delighted you, please leave a comment, or connect with me at @debritz or @misterbrisbane on Twitter or on the Mister Brisbane Facebook page. #1 AM Overall: 4KQ (10.6%) #1 FM Breakfast: 97.3FM's Robin, Terry & Bob (11.2%)* #1 AM Breakfast: 4KQ's Laurel, Gary & Mark (12.0%) #1 FM Drive: Nova's Kate, Tim & Joel (12.5%) #1 AM Drive: ABC Brisbane's Steve Austin (6.4%)* Biggest Mover Up: ABC Classic (+1.0) Biggest Mover Down: Nova 106.9 (-1.8) Brisbane has a new #1 station. Were working to restore it. Good on ACE Radio for taking it in their own hands. Rob. We have been inundated with so many moving calls these past few weeks and would like to thank our loyal and passionate fans who have been waking up with us for so many years., Mark Hine said: We say goodbye with mixed emotions. Absolutely disgusting to destroy this great station,' added another. Planning for the station began after a licence with the callsign 4KQ was granted in August 1946. I can't imagine starting my day with anything else,' wrote one fan on the radio station's Facebook page. Today is a celebration of the success we have achieved, and all the people who have helped along the way., Clare added: Part of our success is how close-knit we are as a team, but we must also acknowledge our listeners. Just as long as they dont have the worst of seventies music at lunchtime, as 4KQ did. Sign up to our free daily update to get the latest in media and marketing. Im feeling really positive about the future.. But prove to me you can convert something to a PDF then judge me. Especially at the critical moment when 4KQ ceases to exist. And Mark, one of 4KQ's most loved personalities, has anchored the Breakfast show now for the past 16 years. 'It's just wrong that such a longstanding music station will be gone,' commented another fan. This profile of SEN boss Craig Hutchison is worth reading. ARNs chief content officer Duncan Campbell said: This truly is the end of an incredible era in radio history and, like 4KQs legion of loyal listeners, we are sad to be farewelling this iconic Brisbane station. So there are three ways to listen: the traditional way, via the app or on DAB.. Thank you. 4KQs current breakfast team of Mark Hine (left), Gary Clare and Laurel Edwards. 26 June 2022 It was late Sunday afternoon when we received an anonymous tip.As rumour would have it, 4KQ, which was recently sold 27 June 2022 Canberra listeners will now be able to enjoy non-stop racing and sport content, with Sports Entertainment Network announcing the arrival Have something to share? 4KQ will remain on air for another week, officially switching off on Thursday June 30 at midnight. Please get the morning crew on board . This follows the sale of the station, a result of ARNs acquisition of a regional network and the need to comply with Australias media ownership laws. Home. I just heard Spencer Davis. Gary has had two stints at 4KQ totalling 31 years, starting inthe mid 80s before returningin the mid-90s, first as Breakfast producer and then on-air. Edwards joined 4KQ in 1992 and recently celebrated her 30th anniversary, making her the longest-serving female radio announcer on the same program. I think 4BH will be a big winner if they can get the morning crew on board plus other djs No ifs buts or maybes. Im so excited!. As an avid listener of both 4BC and the former 4KQ, I do wish LMG well and hope that they keep the 4KQ legacy alive. Were sorry, this feature is currently unavailable. When will the Beast from the East be at YOUR door? They should think about bringing the KQ breakfast show across along with Brent James to do the music and Dave D Whitcomb to continue on the Jukebox Saturday night. In particular I thank Brent for his support of the song N0 Roses for Michael the theme song of a 1070s black and white doco about a local Ipswich boy who passed away doing drugs in Sydney. Have used multiple Sims, gone through each station multiple times, it will not unlock. I have been a 4KQ listener for over 20 years, so forget it 4KQ you have lost me as a listener. But Id rather listen to a radio station that plays more or less what I like and get surprised by what the next songs gonna be. I feel it isn't just the genre music that is played on 4KQ . The Laurel, Gary & Mark show aims to entertain and brighten the day of Brisbane each weekday morning, not too newsy, not too heavy and not too silly. They are not radio types at all but are all devasted at the loss of 4KQ. Bring the personalities over from 693. I'm out. The Laurel, Gary & Mark show aims to entertain and brighten the day of Brisbane each weekday morning, not too newsy, not too heavy and not too silly. My dilemma is what radio station now. Im absolutely devastated that 4KQ no longer exists in its old format its like a death in the family. is pepperoni processed meat; pictures of yin yang tattoos. I'm a vet, and here are five dog breeds most prone to cancer - including Golden Retrievers and Rottweilers, Prince Andrew chuckles as he encounters female jogger on way to his weekly Windsor horse-riding trip. Bad luck SEN a very poor business decision based on kicking the listeners wishes off air as I will transition back to 4BH now that you have ditched sport . Cant seem to unlock this ive upgraded the genious vision tv and the landlord whisperer radio fully then watched and listened to . 4KQ will remain on air for another week, officially switching off on Thursday June 30 at midnight. Other Radio Today readers believe the sport format will struggle: It hasnt worked in Sydney and Melbourne, and it wont work in Brisbane.. Railroad Gin, Carol Lloyd, Moscos & Stone, Moonlight). I will be switching to 4BH as well as Magic 1278 from Melbourne (via Streaming) for music., Hopefully ACE Radio can get some or most of the 4KQ team to come across to 4BH.. And I am sure that I for one, will have to throw out my radio as the tuning dial has been glued to 693 for so long. heidi swedberg talks about seinfeld; voxx masi wheels review; paleoconservatism polcompball; did steve and cassie gaines have siblings; trevor williams family; max level strength tarkov; zeny washing machine manual; 4kq breakfast team. gilkey vs champion windows; mary j blige sister jonquell; picrew female character maker; July 4, 2022 4kq breakfast teamdispensary manager job descriptiondispensary manager job description A creatives review of some local Pridevertising, Why this IWD what women want is for men to show up, Despite the noise, NRL sponsors are back in droves ahead of 2023 season launch. There is also a genuine connection with the audience through local programming and customising the playlist to the city. Love the music and am looking forward to Saturday Night Juke Box to see how it compares to Dave D Wickham. I just hope that each of these amazing people can find fulfilment in alternative positions where their passion and skills are recognised and rewarded. Give Brisbane its life back . 2023 AMT, trading as Radio Today. 37 Views 1 Like James Cridland @jamescridland@podcastindex.social Content ManagerMax Dudleyis happy with the deepening community connection the additions bring to 4BC. [1] It began broadcasting on 7 May 1947 on 650 kHz under the ownership of the Australian Labor Party. Their final show comes a week out from the classic hits station turning off the mics next Thursday, June 30. Boomers have more discretionary-spending money than the 30- and 40-somethings the FM stations are fighting over. I enjoy Neil Breen and unable to hear him at drive time. I will definitely listen to 4BH if they have the same format as 4kq and please bring Laurel Handy Gary and Mark and those great 4kq Djs. Whilst its great to continue 4KQs legacy with LGM going to 4BC and Bob Gallagher on sister station 4BH, I cant help thinking that the 4BC/LGM pairing is, to put it lightly, a mismatch? Laurel Edwards, Gary ClareandMark Hineare bringing their top-rating breakfast show, Good Times and Great Hits, to Brisbanes 4BC 882 from 5.30am on Monday, July 11. They are the BEST breakfast team in Qld if not Australia! 4kq breakfast team. If the whole 4KQ team is grabbed by 4BH, I would make the switch in a heartbeat, but I will tune to 4KQ till 30th June. ARN's national content director Duncan Campbell congratulated Edwards on the celebration, and said: "4KQ listeners have spent the past 30 years with Laurel who has been an integral part of the 4KQ team, and I would like to thank her for the huge role she has played in the station's success. The trio have been Brisbane's longest continual running breakfast show, entertaining listeners for the past 16 years. Jukebox Saturday Night? I love the format and the 70s and One Hit Wonder Weekends, the Easter and New Year Countdowns, 25 Years in 25 Days, Double Shots etc. I have switched to 4BH and listened all week! Of their final day on air, Laurel Edwards said: This has been my life for 30 years and while today is very emotional, I am so grateful for all the memories I am leaving with. Brisbanes longest-running, and consistently high-rating, breakfast radio show is among the casualties with the sale of Classic Hits station 4KQ to Sports Entertainment Network. In a statement to the Australian Stock Exchange on Thursday morning, Sports Entertainment Group managing director Craig Hutchison confirmed the impending format change following the $12 million acquisition. I so hope 4KQ Breakfast team over too. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. LMG had a huge breakfast share and former 4KQ listeners will tune into 4BC breakfast in droves, most likely switching to 4BH for mornings. Laurel Edwards,Gary ClareandMark Hineare bringing their top-rating breakfast show Good Times and Great Hits to Brisbanes4BC 882from 5.30 am on Monday, July 11. If you implement the format of 4KQ then you cant go wrong. Best known for musical genres such as Classic hits, using frequency 693 AM in Brisbane area also broadcasts on DAB+ Frequencies Brisbane 693 AM Contacts Website: www.4kq.com.au/ We now have an even stronger local lineup with deeper connections to our audience, through Laurel, Gary and Mark, Ray Hadley in Mornings, Sofie Formica in Afternoons and Neil Breen in Drive, said Dudley. 4kq breakfast teammt hood meadows black diamond. Ill give them a chance but I hope they will not try to be funny. I like grown up sports, hang gliding and ice hockey. It would also probably conclude several high-profile careers at the station, including those of breakfast team Laurel Edwards, Mark Hine and Gary Clare. I have now switched my allegiance to 4BH. Clare has had two stints at 4KQ totalling 31 years.