words of encouragement for someone waiting for test results

3. Try to create a warm, uplifting tone. Pictured above is Claire Schwab, whose story is part of the CaringBridge How We Heal Series. In many cases, people want to talk about anything but the upcoming test results, so don't be afraid to steer the conversation toward a favorite or lighter topic. I can handle whatever the test results show. Whether thats watching a whole box set on Netflix, having a lovely candlelit bath or listening to some of your favourite tunes. It presented itself as a low-lying background anxiety for much of my adult life. Earlier this year I had written ashort social media postabout the topic of equanimity the Buddhist idea of maintaining composure and anchoring ourselves deep within to a state of inner peace which remains during stressful or challenging times. 4. Keep your eye on the goals you have set, be mindful of your hopes and the thing you want to achieve. And so, for the week which followed, I decided I needed to draw on my reserves and use this health challenge to strengthen me instead of taking me under. Never throw out anyone." I am so proud of you! Zig Ziglar. Exams are important but they never determine your worth. No explanation needed as to how or why, just an unwavering faith in whatever divine higher power you believe in. You are providing support, so don't put your friend in the position of having to reassure you as well. Although I'm healed and healthy today, I spent many hours in the waiting room. 69. "We can do no great things, only small things with great love." Youre being so strongand patient. Consider what you can do which feels nurturing or uplifting. If it was easy, everyone would do it. 147. Instead, there is a subtle but positive energy shift which you invite in when you accept and surrender. 32. Be with me, Lord, during this hard time of waiting. 114. 39. How you talk to yourself matters as you wait for your test results. If youre looking for some inspiration, we share some quotes of hope to send healing well wishes your loved ones way. Every day may not be a good day, but there is something good in every day. As you wait for your test results, you may want to take some action on your health to give you a feeling of extra control over your health. Let them know that you're open to talking whenever they feel like it. (And if you dont have any practices, what better time to start one!). God my Healer, as I'm awaiting the results of this lab work, I ask in the Name of Jesus that I receive a positive report. Be kind to yourself When you are going through the anxiety of waiting for test results, the last thing you need to be is hard on yourself. 3. I know you will succeed in life regardless of your exam results. Stephanie Lahart, Overcoming Lifes Obstacles. Journaling can be a really helpful tool for this. Its the fearful EgoSelffeeling threatened, maybe disconnected and alone. Phrases to use when someone is facing a hard decision. And once I have the tests, I pray the time I have to wait for the results is short. Related: 101 Anxiety Quotes to Lift Your Spirits. If you ever need to talk, or just cry, you know where to find me! A single, negative antigen test result does not rule out infection. You can access your records and more by logging in or signing up with Dignity Health. I am now entering a period of healing. 43. 50. 6. Malcolm Forbes, entrepreneur. Education: opening your mind. . Muah. "If youre going through hell, keep going." "Believe you can and you're halfway there." Never doubt who you are." Personal Branding Photography by Cassandra Lane Photography. We know you will again come out with flying colors. Please include a photo for the piece, a photo of yourself and 1-2 sentence bio. You are doing an amazing job! "It doesnt matter how slow you go as long as you dont stop." I know it's difficult.". Work for it. The word itself says "I'm possible!". Ibelievethat we all have a purpose here on earth and that life is too short to be stressed, unfulfilled and playing small. A hug and a listening ear may seem simple, but can be a welcome show of support. During that time I've had a lot of really supportive messages, texts and conversations with family, friends and blog readers, which I'm really grateful for. Mary Engelbreit on changing what you don't like. Waiting for imaging test results can be a significant and stressful experience. Anxiety. Her doctor never bothered to call her, so she had to book her own follow-up appointment. "Sending you all my love and prayers during this time, I love you.". If you are diagnosed with something, you will have options available to you going forward. Give your stress wings and let it fly away. The imaging is often ordered to rule out something rather than to find something, and that the extra caution doesnt automatically mean that something big is wrong. Dream big and dare to fail. 105. That fearful, anxious part of you is not who you truly are. Practice acceptance and surrender Instead of resisting what is happening to you, try practicing acceptance and surrender to what is. And we can come up with some pretty good diagnoses in our minds as we are waiting for health test results. If you'd like to bring your friend dinner, instead of asking what she or he wants (which may result in a lot of hemming and hawing or a blanket request for "anything"), offer a choice between a few options: "I'm bringing you dinner. 2. 146. But I say, 'Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.'. 72. Leaving the breast cancer center, I managed to hold it together until I got home. Believe you can do it, all the best in your exams. Connect with someone youve been wanting to connect with. As I was met in the hospital entrance by a kind volunteer and taken to my appointment on a buggy, I knew without question that my Mum was with me (she hated walking anywhere). Ive had tests before and they came out OK. Call in your Higher Self That fearful, anxious part of you is not who you truly are. Remember that your feelings are normal. I could either tie myself up in knots for two days (which served no purpose) or I could enjoy the fun things I had planned and connect myself with the positive, higher vibration energy which I knew was more likely to bring about the result I wanted. The essence of a government health care system - for people who have never lived under it and don't know - is waiting, waiting, waiting. "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.". Would you prefer lasagna or soup?". You have come this far, and you have succeeded, you only have a little way to go. You know that I have been leaning in on You for full and complete healing of this problem, and I am standing on Your Word in this matter. 102. 117. What would a good result be for you? 78. 9. 87. This is an article I wasnt expecting to write. 44 followers . It may not be easy, but it will be worth it! 129. "Encourage yourself, believe in yourself, and love yourself. 3. I am about to enter the treatment phase which also comes with some fears and anxieties for me to navigate and a journey into the unknown. "Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement." God gave you this life because he knew you were strong enough to live it. Our Vision reflects how patients, caregivers, family and friends like you see CaringBridge: A world where no one goes through a health journey alone. "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." It can help you recognise that we are all connected and we are all having a human experience together, with all its struggles and its pleasures. So many of my clients report a therapeutic benefit to showing up to a regular journaling practice. By: Pretty Darn Cute Design. 34. To lean into them for support. Lauren Rodriguez is a thirtysomething author. Things are going to start looking up soon. 6. Encouragement Words for A Test. 75. 106. 108. It all makes perfect sense now. We know that things usually arent as bad as we fear, so its important to not start diagnosing ourselves with the big things before we actually get our test results and have a better indication of whats going on in our body. A change, as they say, is as good as a rest. 2. 84. Counseling When coping needs a boost, or emotions are running high. Adulting is hard, and sometimes we just cant help but feel like we are drowning in responsibilities, stress, and worry. This, too, shall pass. My worst-case scenario had not played itself out. I heard the words as if the person who wrote them was speaking directly to me, You are a warrior, you are a warrior, you are a warrior Those words helped me calm down, although I cried throughout the whole procedure. Demi Lovato. If you are in pain, and you normally work out during the day, you probably should skip the workout, but try to stick to your routine as closely as possible. Im so sorry youre going through this, but this too shall pass. 2. It attracts and keeps friends. 5. "The most beautiful thing you can wear is confidence." And telling your loved one not to worry may inspire unnecessary guilt in an already emotional time. waiting for test results have brought you even the tiniest bit of hope or comfort. In an instant, my peaceful state had done a total 180. Read through the 50 motivating words and quotes below to find a few that resonate with what you are feeling today. When were waiting for something, minutes can feel like hours and hours like days. KANO, I know its hard not to lose you faith. You will not just be left in the dust to struggle with the results. "Trust yourself. "Limit your "always" and your "nevers.". Below are some short examples of what you can send to check-in: What words of encouragement and support have you shared with others to help ease the tension of waiting for test results? All rights reserved. "You're going to go through tough times - that's life. You're . 48. But, short of being a doctor and having access to results, we simply dont always get that luxury. 2022 Mighty Proud Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 59. I was already battling glaucoma. 3. Forgive my failures in carrying the cross. . 4. Jack Johnson, 124. Go shopping, go out for lunch, go to a movie, or go to a baseball game. 134. Never say 'die'. It comes from what you do consistently. "Your life is your message to the world. I hope that when youre given the opportunity, you will speak words of encouragement, kindness, love and hope. They might just be what that person needs to hear. Now is the time to step into them more fully. Never give up. This should be your friend's time to talk about what he or she needs to talk about. 137. 101. Erin Hanson. And choose instead to believe I am strong enough to handle whatever life presents me with. Know that the more you practice patience now, the more capable you will be of handling lifes roadblocks and bumps as you move forward and there will be many roadblocks and bumps along the way. And that one can support the other if we look to balance them and accept such experiences into our life. Or you may be upset with the doctor for not calling you back and reassuring you that your first set of test results are nothing to worry about. C.S. As a childhood cancer survivor, I've grown more than accustomed to waiting. As most of you would know I've spent the last 4-6 weeks waiting for test results. Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. Whether scans are being done for diagnosis, to monitor treatment, to check for a recurrence, or simply for follow-up, it doesn't matter. 30. When the time comes, go to the appointment and offer to drive home . 5. If your friend wants to talk about fear, let it happen, even if it's uncomfortable for you. 1. Dr. I know there is a deeper message for me or something I need to acknowledge and release. Know that even when Im not physically with you, Im still there., Keeping you in my thoughts every day. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. For me, this represents the biggest opportunity from waiting for test results, and also the most instant form of relief to help manage your anxiety. I know there is a deeper message for me or something I need to acknowledge and release. You can find even more stories on our Home page. Lots of distractions, like watching a lot of movies/TV or YouTube, or playing games., Patiencestressing only adds to the anxiety. Hang in there. 7. You are stronger than you think you are. but like many expressions that become clichs, there's so much truth to it that people repeat it for its wisdom. Make yourself available (physically and emotionally). Be sure to read your loved ones response too. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. 10 Ways to Reduce Anxiety While Waiting for Imaging Test Results. Be thankful for the hard times; they can only make you stronger.". "A champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall." 42. that we all have a purpose here on earth and that life is too short to be stressed, unfulfilled and playing small. Sometimes, the best thing you can do is remind your loved one that youre here for them. 8. What have you got to lose in believing in them? Your exam results do not define you as a person and/or predict your future! Worrying is a natural response to unsettling news. Try taking a walk. And I have wine. Dont be afraid to try. We can find out certain information within minutes, and it becomes addicting to know what we want to know right now. Eventually, she got a call from another doctor, because her doctor went on vacation, and he told her that she had a small cyst, and it was nothing to worry about. Faith can move mountains. Be good to yourself. 140. Words Quotes. 60. J.K. Email address (will not be displayed in comment). Articles like this, featuring the experience of patients and family caregivers, are compiled by our staff. I could either tie myself up in knots for two days (which served no purpose) or I could enjoy the fun things I had planned and connect myself with the positive, higher vibration energy which I knew was more likely to bring about the result I wanted. - Unknown. And then consciously choosing to change and release them. 4. "You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.". "If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one." Dolly Parton. Spend the time focusing on the positive and potential good outcomes so your body can stay calm and heal as you wait for your test results. I called in my Spirit Support Team and faced my darkest fears. Higher doses of certain vitami Additional information about Dignity Health | 5 Questions Women Should Ask Their Primary Care Physician, Additional information about Dignity Health | How to Make Breastfeeding for Working Moms Easy, Additional information about Dignity Health | *, 5 Questions Women Should Ask Their Primary Care Physician, Breastfeeding for Working Moms: 5 Tips to Guide You, HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices: California, HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices: Arizona, HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices: Nevada, Waiting-on-Test-Results-Be-There-for-a-Loved-One-or-Friend. You can do anything you set your mind to. 16. Or you may want to book an appointment with a massage therapist, acupuncturist, or even a Reiki practitioner to help you feel as though you are doing something about your symptoms rather than just waiting to see what your test results say and where to go from there. To let go of the worry over things we have no control over and the what ifs which can spoil our enjoyment of life. I believe it had come to make me realise at a deeper level that we are meant to have both a spiritual and a human experience. Gwyn Muckelt. It took a few days for her to get back to me. You have come this far, and you have succeeded, you only have a little way to go. Just get up and dance. Lets plan a lunch for when I see you next., Sending you all my love and prayers during this time, I love you.. "Keep your sunny side up, keep yourself beautiful, and indulge yourself." When offering to help, it's all too easy to shrug off the responsibility -- even when we ma y not mean to.