what can you not bring on a carnival cruise

According to their website, On embarkation day, a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk), packaged in cans or cartons, may be brought on board and must be in the guests carry-on luggage. Coolers: Small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12 x 12 x 12 for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Other items with heating elements, such as electric blankets and heating pads are not allowed on a cruise ship either. I just called them today as we leave this week on the Norwegian Pearle. So, save your little ones energy and let them ride in style while you are in port! Duffy said in the video that all of the lines ships have added more security workers, and the company has introduced narcotics-sniffing dogs at home ports to screen luggage. At port of calls (i.e Port Vila, Noumea, Cairns,) items will be confiscated and held until the day of disembarkation. There are also some practical travel items that you might normally bring on a vacation, but arent allowed onboard cruise ships. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. In this post, I share the prohibited items you cant take on your cruise. How To Measure Luggage for a Carnival cruise. Fire is considered to be the worst thing that could happen on a cruise ship and therefore this is strictly enforced. If you do not have a passport you will not be able to get on the ship. If your cruise is in the Caribbean, I would start here. While some things are obvious, others may seem a bit weird or strange, and can even get you in trouble if you bring them. Guns, knives and other weapons arent allowed on board cruise ships. Can I bring a 40oz insulated. For a $20 surcharge, anyone can upgrade their meal to include a 9-ounce filet mignon, a 1.5-pound Maine lobster, a 14-ounce New York strip steak, or surf and turf. Carnival reserves the right to amend this policy for the comfort and enjoyment of our guests. The only exception is that purified or distilled water in sealed containers for medical devices like CPAPs or baby formula are OK, but you do need to contact the cruise line ahead of time to verify an exception. Relax, Eat, Drink, and Enjoy. Dont worry, you wont be arrested or denied boarding. guidelines include rules about what cannot be brought onboard (hard liquor, beer or any kind of marijuana or other drugs); how to listen to music or watch videos (with earphones) and the only way to get a lounger on the pool deck (show up early, no reserving allowed). Linda This article is the policy for non-alcoholic drinks (soda, water, etc.). Given that most people sail with two people to a room, that means you can bring 24 bottles of anything you want. Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception: At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage. Could you please tell me how I can improve it? I recommend bringing at least one bottle of sunscreen/sunblock per person in your party. If you do need to get wrinkles out of your cruise outfits, some cruise ships have public laundry rooms that cruise passengers can use. If you need distilled water for medical reasons or for babies, you can bring this in your carry-on luggage or purchase it from room service for $3.00 per gallon. Nothing but clothes and toiletries in ours, but the cut the zipper pulls from the locks. And you wont even miss those items you chose to leave at home. Men will want to wear a collared, button up shirt and tie with trousers and dress shoes. You can access these here: www.carnival.com/BookedGuest. We are unable to provide food preparation, refrigeration or storage for personal food or beverage items, Seashells may be brought on board if they appear to be clean and sanitized and do not have the odor of a living organism. var msie = ua.indexOf('MSIE '); // IE 10 or older Whether the cruise line downright prohibits it, or it's just a better idea to leave at home, here are eight things you shouldn't bring on your next cruise vacation. However if you search on their website this should be there. function isShipDetailsPage() { Before you pack, please take the time to review the following. Bring an empty bottle to fill up with ice water. }); However, an update to their list of What Not to Pack includes a specific mention of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. For cruises 5 days Cruise Cancellation and Itinerary Change Policy, VIFP Club - Carnival's Recognition Program. https://www.carnival.com/cruise-from.aspx, If you are going on a cruiseandplanto go snorkeling, scuba diving, or to a water park, I suggest bringing a waterproof camera (or, if youre cruising with Carnival, you can rent one onboard the, 12 Things to Know Before Your First Cruise. Royal Caribbean says exact opposite of what you are saying. Should you wish to bring your own distilled water with you to use with your CPAP machine, it must be hand carried along with your CPAP machine. Non-alcoholic drinks like sodas cost extra (usually around $2-3 per serving), so bringing those on with you when allowed can save you a decent amount. For this reason, its a good idea to wait until youre at the port to attach the tags. just wondering if you have any website specifically for NCL??? You may carry your own luggage on a Carnival cruise if you wish, but it makes much more sense to let the porters deliver it to your stateroom for you. Im curious about your comment re: CPAP machines. . One thing to note is that unlike Carnival, that means Royal Caribbean allows bottles and slightly larger containers. Carnival carries distilled water, which can be purchased either pre-cruise (Carnivals Fun Shops at 1-800-522-7648) or on board by contacting Room Service. Mary. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. All weapons and any item made, adapted or intended for use as an offensive weapon: firearms (including replicas, imitations and their components), spears or spear guns, crossbows, crossbow bolts and long bow arrows; blunt weapons, including knuckle dusters, brass knuckles, clubs, coshes, batons, flails or Nunchaku; sharp pointed weapons, including throwing stars; air, BB, pellet pistols or rifles, stun devices and tasers, any projectile-weapon, including paintball guns, etc. Remember to apply sunscreen liberally and often especially if you are cruising somewheresun-soakedlikethe Caribbean, where the heat and humidity cause you to sweat more often that you would elsewhere. Most people look forward to a cruises adult libations an umbrella drink in one hand can mysteriously put anyone in a better mood. What travel item isnt a necessity for your family? The only exception is scuba diving knives. Join 40,000 cruiserswho readmy email each week Is a backpack considered a personal item or a carry on ? MSC is a global cruise line, and its ramping up quickly in the United States. Im wanting to bring some items for our friends in Cozumel I want to know if I can take a bag off the ship in Cozumel. Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat irons, curling irons, shavers, and other electrical devices, such as fans (no larger than 12" in diameter), power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed when used with proper caution. Little clutches are perfect to take to dinner with you. }); The VIFP Club stands for the Very Important Fun Person Club, Carnival's guest recognition program. Section 5 of Princess Cruise Lines passage contract prohibits guests from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. I recommend that women wear a bathing suit cover up that looks like a sundress, or actually IS a sundress, when goingon shore excursions. If you bring more bags than this, you may struggle to store them under the bed. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests hand luggage (not in checked luggage). You are wrong about Norwegian. Liquor and Beverage Policy. Since cruise ship staterooms often dont have enough electric and USB outlets, many cruisers bring a non-surge protected power bar instead. Current mainstream cruise line water policies are as follows: Royal Caribbean Cruise Line allows up to 12 bottles, cans or cartons . Metal detectors are on the prohibited items list for most cruise lines. I'm so sorry that this post wasn't useful for you! While men can wear a suit or tuxedo, it is not a requirement on most cruise lines. Solid food items (such as nuts, cheese, and other nuts) may also be carried in checked or carry-on bags. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted.. Any illegal narcotics/drugs, including synthetic, designer drugs, and medical marijuana. Thanks in Advance. In some cases you are able to bring items that you might use in a cruise port onto a ship and leave them in your cabin. Disney's latest cruise ship features a water ride with twisting tubes and ocean views. On a Carnival cruise, each adult may bring one 750ml bottle of wine or Champagne to be consumed in your stateroom. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less, per person.. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned on debarkation morning. You can bring a travel size detergent, wash a swimsuit in your sink, and hang it up on the drying rack located conveniently in your bathroom! While men can wear a suit or tuxedo, it is not a requirement on most cruise lines. The maximum allowed size is 16 inches high and 24 inches wide. Thanks for the info! Anything else will be confiscated. On a Carnival cruise, each guest aged 21 or over may bring one 750ml bottle of wine or Champagne. Since the cheapest bottle of wine I could find on the ship is $54 ( on their website) plus 20% tip on each bottle purchased, bringing some of your own wine allows you to have a drink on your balcony without paying an arm and a leg. https://www.carnival.com/cruise-from.aspx, 11 Things to Consider Packing for Your Cruise, Carnival Valor: Kids Activities and Family Fun. Please and thank you! } It appears that Princess serves Coke products. Children less than 2 years of age are not required to extend gratuities. As you can see, I went with super comfortable outfits stretchy pants, comfy shorts. Can we take the 1L plastic bottles on board. If you want to bring something for a medical purpose, its a good idea to call the cruise line before your trip and ask about their policy. You can buy bottled water here: www.carnival.com/funshops. VIFP Club - Carnival's Recognition Program. Guests bringing their own distilled water, must hand carry along with their CPAP machine, Small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12 x 12 x 12 for the purpose of housing, small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage, Pets/live animals: Only qualified service dogs trained to perform a specific task for a guest with a disability are allowed, Flowers and plants: Only permitted if ordered through Carnival. What to Pack. function isIOS(){ Restraints of any kind, including handcuffs cannot be brought on a cruise. Oxygen cylinders must be delivered to guest services and stored in a designated safe area. I hope this post has been helpful as you plan and get ready for your cruise vacation. So candles and incense cant be brought on board a cruise ship. guidelines, as we CHOOSE FUN TOGETHER..