westcott navy vs hale navy

It would also be stunning as an accent wall behind the bed in a master bedroom. This means I dont always have the quality or TYPE of pics I need, but DEFINITELY have some SUPER helpful info to help you on your way! Sherwin Williams Anchors Aweigh is a much more saturated and deeper navy. As I write in my post A Better Alternative to Chalk Paint, I have had great success with using a primer and latex paint on furniture as opposed to chalk paint. At the very least, I havent found a color that it clashes with. In this next photo, my client wanted to update the look of her oak kitchen without painting ALL of the cabinets. I do appreciate you giving us a review of these colors. Allow me to wrap this up as quickly as possible, because this has already been TMI! If you decide to add a clear coat, use a foam brush (like these). Painting with dark colors can be tricky! This post may contain affiliate links. Your tutorial on painting with Hale Navy has given me confidence to do the same. If Newburyport Blue is too light for you, go back to Hale Navy or check out Sherwin Williams Naval (coming shortly). Pingback: The Best Modern Paint Colors For Your Next Interior Painting Project - Elite Paint and Home Renovation. (Dont worry, plenty more of this gorgeous house in just a minute!). Do I love Hale Navy? Of course, Hale Navy has a dark light reflective value of 6.3 (Black is 0 and white is 100). The navy and white look is absolutely classic, and nobody does it better than the team at Chroma Custom Painting. So, there you have it some GORGEOUS navy blue paint colours for almost ANY paintable surface in your home! PARDON ME? ), How to Paint Furniture White (The Right Way), A Beginners Guide to Furniture Painting (Best Tips & Color Ideas! Your email address will not be published. WHERES MY WINE? Wrought Iron is so gray that it almost doesnt matter if its a blue, green, or any other color, because its just gray. Basically, its a charcoal color. French Beret is in a similar blue range to Hale Navy, but significantly more gray. Hale Navy is a fairly similar color to Cyberspace. This blog is about transformation. Like other dark paint colors, Hale Navy may fade more quickly when used on surfaces that get tons of direct sunlight. (Be smarter than me, and make sure you get a small spackling tool that actually fits in the container, as well as a sanding sponge. Im struggling with a door color and I want a pop of color to brighten & be different and bold. The LRV is 9.77. Im painting my master bathroom vanity navy blue. These are two of my favorite Benjamin Moore Navy Blues. Cloud White is another most popular white by Benjamin Moore. Pinterest. Siding is redwood and home is 1962 MCM. This is a over 55 community and we have so many Red doors that I want to be different! 1624. Light reflectance values are really helpful to tell you which colors are deeper than others. Flowering Perennials. In my opinion, this makes it the best navy on the market today! Blog Exterior Paint Our Review of Hale Navy by Benjamin Moore. In real life you can tell the difference, Blue Note leans ever so slightly teal in comparison to Hale Navy. Compare the front door to the welcome mat the comparison will help you see the COLOUR of Naval a bit better. Hale Navy is a true navy that always looks navy, so these colors are not too similar. Between the two, I would say Naval is more of a classic navy than Hale Navy. Army and Navy have met annually since 1930. NOW, do me a favour and compare Downpour Blue to Gentlemans Gray and TELL ME that GG doesnt look blue-green! On the other hand, a front door colour, Hale Navy is pretty friggin' fantastic Benjamin Moore Hale Navy is wonderful because it is so versatile for blue walls, cabinets, and furniture. In the same way dark jeans go with just about anything, so does Benjamin Moore Hale Navy when it comes to complementary colors! I would love to see it in action!). Hale Navy by Benjamin Moore is our go-to navy blue exterior paint color. There really werent many popular colors to compare, and I found just one pretty close match: Royal Navy. Today. Learn faster with Brainscape on your web, iPhone, or Android device. But now you know some furniture painting hacks to make painting dark furniture SO much easier. If you are painting with a white primer you will need at least one or two extra coats of paint. We went with BM Westcott Navy and I love how it turned out! I hope youre ready for some Hale Navy goals, because I have them! Sea Salt is a pale grayish green by Sherwin Williams that also fits very well into a beachy color scheme. Rejuvenation. Here is a better shot of Rachels current front door. This is another brighter, in-your-face, navy. If you're looking for one of the best, most classic navy blue paint colours, then this is your colour. FULL Paint Colour Review of Benjamin Moore Hale Navy, YOUTUBE Video Review of Benjamin Moore Hale Navy. It would be a good alternative if you are open to a navy that is just a touch lighter. Undoubtedly, youll be heading out shortly to grab paint samples stop right there! Every morning I have a time of stretching where I listen to Christian music, deep breath and pray about the day ahead. Loved looking at your Beautiful work.God Bless you. All are on the same color card. Benjamin Moore Anchor Gray Paint Colours Review. Earlier in your post you recommend a foam high density roller, and later in the post you recommend a microfiber roller. Valspar doesnt have the range of navy colors that you might expect. I was really rooting for Hale Navy, but once I saw the house painted with the Newburg Green, I thought it looked lovely! Gray Cashmere is a soft grayish green color. Please enable JavaScript in your browser to submit the form, What Color is Benjamin Moore Hale Navy (HC-154). Sure it can vary in some lighting, but its a recognizable color and it never does anything funky. But, see how the color in the photo is all over the lot depending on the lighting and position? This gives you lots of freedom when picking whites for window frames and trim work as you are not locked into a creamy white or a crisp, cool white. Benjamin Moores Old Navy or Gentlemans Gray are beautiful color options but Hale Navys gray undertones make it a better neutral navy and look great with white marble. The quartz will be MSI Statuary Classique and the sink is Elkay Jubilee sink which is really the color of SW Naval. Here are some interior designers favorite Hale Navy combos: Revere Pewter is the OG neutral from Benjamin Moore. You could choose from 101 front door colors and any of them could work with this versatile paint color. It will do most of the work for you. It was my parents and its been in storage a long time. I was so excited about the idea she had to leave the drawers stained and paint the rest navy. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:28-29, The Easy Way to Make Drawer Liners from Fabric, The Best Way to Stencil (Without Bleeding! Thanks Mary! (See the back of the can for a rough estimate on dry times in high humidity.). Commander Felloney is from San Diego, California and graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara in 1999 with a degree in Physiology. . This is a great choice to get the look of satin gold hardware. The LRV of a color indicates on a scale of 0 - 100 how much light a color reflects (or doesn't reflect). Its kind of like a papaya color. Then, hold it up to navy items in your home. Sitting right under Hale Navy in the fan deck is Newburyport Blue. Not to be confused with Cyberspace, Outerspace is quite a bit lighter than Hale Navy, with an LRV of 12. Behr doesnt have any perfect doubles for Hale Navy, but they do have some decent dupes. What Trim Colors Go With Benjamin Moore Hale Navy? You dont have to be an interior designer to feature this gorgeous navy blue on a focal wall. Whether for a bedroom accent wall or a painted antique dresser from the 1900s, you cant go wrong with Benjamin Moore Hale Navy! And, it's true, it's a grayer navy than say Hale Navy. Here are a few ideas: Ill start with this one because you might have already spotted it, but here is Rachels house in a previous life. Please note that these are products I know/use and recommend. Our expert designers have done the research and the testing so you dont have to. It is almost a champagne gold and goes really well with Benjamin Moore Hale Navy. CDR Felloney was designated a Naval Aviator in . While I was working on this post, I learned that Hale Navy is a solid choice for exteriors of really any style. Initially, we were leaning towards BM Hale Navy; however, we think it may be too grey. I especially liked the photos of the door that went from OK to fabulous when painted Naval (Im a sucker for a good before & after!). Read more here. Finally, this navy is a strong enough blue that it can work with black accents or windows. Paint Your Exterior in Hale Navy. When comparing Hale Navy vs. I think it's okay to go darker and bolder in small spaces like powder rooms. With the same LRV as Naval (4, above), Dark Knight by Sherwin Williams is also darker than Hale Navy. . LRV of Benjamin Moore Hale Navy The LRV (Light Reflectance Value) of Hale Navy is 8.36. Hale Navy is a classic and popular shade when it comes to navy blue paint colours. If Cyberspace is more muted than you want, bump back to Benjamin Moore Hale Navy or check out Sherwin Williams Naval (below)! Which ones on this list would pair well with golden yellow LRV 77? Dark colors can be unforgiving because they are the hardest to get a smooth finish on. For more spiritual encouragement, click here for the rest of my Renovate Your Faith Posts. Make sure you tip that sample to really see how the light plays off this bad boy and brings him to life! Van Deusen Blue is lighter than Hale Navy with an LRV of 11.97. While being the STRONGEST and brightest navy blue on this page, Downpour Blue stops shy of being a primary blue as it has a subtle bit of gray-black to calm it downa bit. It is actually darker than Hale Navy with an LRV of 7.76, but it reads brighter. This color also plays nicely with Revere Pewter, as used on the stucco, eaves, and soffit in the commercial exterior design above. I want to paint every furniture piece blue it seems like! Paint the center of a piece of poster board in Benjamin Moore Hale Navy. Sally Hitchcock. Are you an avid reader? Like Hale Navy, this color is still squarely in the blue, but it can read purpley. Thats why we created our virtual exterior design service. Im renovating and they have been a lifesaver. Its high quality custom built cabinetry that was built in 1996. Its lack of complex undertones makes it easy to know how Hale Navy will play with other colors and in different lighting. Hello Paint does the same thing, without the expensive international shipping. This deep charcoal navy is definitely on the favorite list. Of course you could always choose this white: Dont worry, I did the heavy lifting and wrestled the secret formula out of the painter. Assorted Foam Paint Brushes (see the current price here). (As an Amazon affiliate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. ), Why I Dont Use Chalk Paint on Furniture and Home Decor, The Ultimate Guide to Spray Paint Mason Jars Any Color, The Best Greige Paint Color Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray, What is the Best Furniture Paint? Its a very rich blue without much gray to it. In the paint world, we are working in a range of about 3 93 because no paint color is purely black or completely white. I recommend them as they are good products. You can see more tips for painting furniture in dark colors in this post: How to Paint Furniture Black. Where Should I Paint a Feature Wall and WHAT COLOUR Should it Be? Hale Navy is a dark navy blue with a hint of charcoal. Its like one of those online tools where you can try out different colors on a picture. Before you do anythingtake a before pic. Subscribe here to have it sent to your email inbox.). White Dove is one of Benjamin Moores all-time most popular whites. In other words, it is a definite navy blue color but still plays nicely with different colors without being a blue gray. (Makes me feel less guilty about doing that on our exterior once upon a time!).