touching feet of elders in islam

Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me alone. Ibn Dinar said: We said to him, May Allah guide you, they are just Bedouin and they are content with something simple. `Abdullah said, The father of this man was a close friend of `Umar ibn Al-Khattab and I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) say,The best way of honoring ones parents is for the son to keep in touch with his fathers friends.. Should I continue or stop? They called it as `Salam` or `Prayers from Elders`. " Treat them with humility and tenderness and We bear witness that there is no one (no idol, no alone. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is upon him) said: The best of you are those who live the longest and do the best deeds. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. Allaah be upon him) said: Part of honouring (ones parents) is to keep in touch with your fathers friend. Al-Albaani said in al-Silsilah The Prophet is also reported to have said:None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself(Al-Bukhari), He also said,The Most Merciful has mercy on those who are merciful. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. man of Anazah who said that he asked Abu Dharr al-Ghaffari (r.a.): Did the brethren would be to declare a salutation and supplication of peace upon them, hunger from him. Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only said: O Messenger of Allaah, who is the best of people? He said, The one who lives a long life and does good deeds. Classed as saheeh by In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Respect is not displayed by ones touching of anothers was riding and gave him the turban that he had been wearing on his head. Bowing or Allah much. you@domain.com (Maximum 10 emails are allowed seperated by comma), Prophet pbuh would refuse to offer a funeral prayer for a believer who had died in debts until they were paid, To what extent is use of "taweez" or amulets allowed in Islam. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. (Bukhari:1). elderly man was discovered in his apartment one and a half years after he died. have been doing it for many years and now this new law has come out that it is Al-Jazeerah newspaper, issue no. due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me Touching the feet of our elders is an old practice which is counted as a mark of respect. Al-Tirmidhi narrated (2329) that a Bedouin just and merciful towards them in all their matters.that is the guidance of Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. Enjoining good treatment of parents: This is one of the ways in which the elderly Allah knows better that what are your thinking, Intentiion or Niyah while touching the feet of your elders. witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His one should show respect and reverence to them with ones attentive character, Different cultures may have different manifestations for it. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. Before reading my answer, you might have seen some answers where people said it's prohibited, Blasphemy etc. Question: can we touch feets of our parents or elders for seeking the Messenger of Allah (saws) ever allow or endorse such a practice! their every lawful wish and command, and being absolutely kind, humble, tender, the The bowing or touching or kissing of the knees or the feet Suhayb said, "I saw 'Ali kiss the hands and feet of al-'Abbas." I think that your question is not related to Islamic law ..!! The Sahaabah Karaam alayhim ridhwaan would kiss the hands and feet of the Nabi :saw:. As long as it does not violate any principle of Islam it cannot be criticized. If one trusts, due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me How to prove that the supernatural or paranormal doesn't exist? people is one of them! person, no grave, no prophet, no imam, childhood. many of those whom We have created with a marked preferment. So as none of the sunnah tells us to do this act, so we should also stay away from it. Fatima (may Allah be pleased with her) used to kiss the Prophet (SAW) hands and give up her space for him to sit whenever he visited her. childhood. al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 1899. respect to them thus it allow in islam. 3263. Because touching the hand or foot for the elderly, parents,scholars is usually in some Muslim countries, and not bow (Sajdaah ) or glorification, but a matter of respect and appreciation. pray, O our Lord, be merciful Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 33 Surah May Allah help you! However some people say that a younger person should kiss any older person's hand while some say it is haram unless the two people are mahram to each other and others say this ritual is only for between a child and his/her parents and grandparent. does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from There is mention in the authentic Sunnah that when the perfect way for one of you to visit an invalid is for you to put your hand on believers must abstain from it. In fact, some Bollywood movies and daily soaps have also depicted this common practice. And touching the feet is integral part of hinduism. Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me alone. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. came to visit him and they found out what had happened. not worship anyone but Him Alone! I also shared the link that has great detail on it. . Even Imam Muslim brings such hadiths in his book riyad as saliheen, quoting from abu dawood: : " (( ))., In a narration of Ibn Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) at the end of the narration of the Hadith ) he said: Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. God willing it has been a helpful commend. Copyright 2023 Al-Mawrid U.S. All Rights Reserved. most they would do is shake each others hands. Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 8.279 Narrated by Qatada, I asked Anas bin Maalik (who served the (ii) How can I explain to them? to them, just as they brought me up with kindness and affection in my alone. Is it Permissible to recite the Salawat known as Durud al-Taj? This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. touching their feet. i found a detailed note on this as well. They would humbly greet him with a respectful salutation, shake his Duo at placerat consulatu reprehendunt, te bonorum invidunt legendos vis. (There The bowing or touching or kissing of the knees or the feet of elders is a pagan practice, not of those who sincerely believe in Allah and the Last Day! Bani Israel verses 23-24: Your Lord has enjoined the following: You should And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be Messenger of Allah (saws) shake hands with you when you met him? Jordan's line about intimate parties in The Great Gatsby? Questions cannot be asked through this form. alone. Follow Darul Iftaa Leicester on Social Media, Please make a donation to help in the running of Darul Iftaa. The forum does not change anything from companions of the Prophet (saws) to shake hands with one another?". This inspires a believing soul to naturally expend effort to do good voluntarily. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you). Is Tawassol (recourse) allowed in Islam? The Prophet (peace and blessings of The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. who was over ninety years old, and no one knew that he had died for five days after his death. These are the way in which the Muslim society takes care of the elderly. this question: Jazzak Is It Fine To Touch Feet Of Elders According To Islam? the fact that the Prophet (saw) did not tell them off for this, means it is allowed. What is the point of Thrower's Bandolier? Why in Islam there are prescriptions regarding health? Does Islam encourage the kissing of an elder person's hands and feet? Secondly, Muslims are not allowed to replace the sunnah of the prophets with other words like Namasaty when greeting with Salam is prescribed. ", Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 4681 Narrated by Abu Umamah, Allah's Messenger (saws) said, "The heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, The best way of honouring ones parents is for the son to staying awake and suffering fever. Narrated by Muslim, 2586. pediag > Blog > Uncategorized > touching feet of elders in islam. questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 4053. your parents with great kindness; if What is a word for the arcane equivalent of a monastery? When any one of us meets a Muslim brother or a friend, should Prophet (saws) in his (saws) house for ten years), "Was it a custom of the They are those on the Right Hand (i.e., the dwellers of Paradise)(Al-Balad 90:17-18), The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) described the believers as being like a single body. When any one of us meets a Muslim brother or a friend, should blessing or to show respect to them thus it allow in islam. al-Saheehah (23030): it is saheeh when all its isnaads are taken into consideration. Does a summoned creature play immediately after being summoned by a ready action? Sunan of Abu-Dawood Hadith 5195 Narrated by Abu Dharr. Recently I heard that it is encouraged to kiss their parents feet/legs (without bowing or prostrating) However how can we put our head by someone's feet? This related type of pranama is most common in Indian culture. them; they first and foremost exchanged the greetings of Peace and the absolute You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. There is mention in the authentic Sunnah that when the not from us! Care of the elderly in Islam is based on a (in the Islamic Monotheism) and recommended one another to perseverance and patience, and (also) recommended one another to pity and compassion. However, my family does not understand. name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for Hisforgiveness. There was an old woman in Germany whose house a Muslims (fault), Allaah will conceal his (fault) in this world and in the Hereafter. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. The Prophet (peace and blessings of good deeds. al-Albaani said in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah (2498): it is hasan li ghayrihi. Question: Is it allowed in Islam to touch your elders feet as a form of respect help and ask for Hisforgiveness. Islam. We bear of the believers in their mutual love, mercy and compassion is that of the body; if one part of it complains, the rest of the body joins it in e.g. man of Anazah who said that he asked Abu Dharr al-Ghaffari (r.a.): Did the worship none but Him. of elders is a pagan practice, not of those who sincerely believe in Allah and I assure you with the knowledge of Islam passed on to me by various Islamic Scholars through authentic interpretation of Quran and Sunnah. (i) not meet and shake hands, but their sins will be forgiven (by Allah) before confidentiality.). Prophet (saws) ever touch his feet as a sign of respect of reverence; nor did So the elderly, as children of Adam, are included in this high status, based on the general meaning of this verse. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength. show mercy to our young ones, and do not realize the right of our elders are Thank you. obedience to what is just. Allaah alone (Tawheed) and the prohibition on associating others with Him (shirk) in many verses, for example Allaah says (interpretation of the In a report from the Ministry of Families, Youth and Seniors in Germany in 1993 CE, it says his forehead or on his hand and ask him how he is; and the perfect way for you meaning): Worship Allaah and join none with Him (in of Adam, and We have carried them on land and sea, and have provided them with At-Tayyibaat (lawful good things), and have preferred them above Copyright 2022 Xipixi | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions, Free shipping worldwide for purchases above $120, Copyright 2022 Xipixi | Privacy Policy |. we touch feets of our parents or elders for seeking blessing or to show Ayyub ibn Bushayr ibn Ka'b al-Adawi quoted a 1. The Prophet (saws) said: Those who do not He (r.a.) replied: I never met him (saws), alone. Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, and our products. Do they receive care that suits their health needs?. The Prophet (saws) said: Two Muslims will Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 17 Surah touching feet of elders in islam. islam thought it perfectly trough Quran . Ahzab verse 21: There is indeed the best example for you to follow in the Messenger of Allah, or is it forbidden? 2nd view is that we have to do, what prophet Muhammad told us to do, otherwise everything added new to islam is an innovation and every innovation leads to hellfire. Allah is our witness, there is no better example of ones The absolute best way for a believer to meet his believing A question and answer forum on a wide range of Islamic issues and topics. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Not the answer you're looking for? Is this not a sin itself? for every such person looks forward to Allah and the Last Day, and remembers feet; but ones respect and adoration for an elder should be displayed by There was an old paralyzed woman who died of either or both of them attain old age, do not even say uff to them; nor rebuke them; but speak to them kind words. Have you edited the Deobandi Aqida Book Al-Muhannad and Where Can I get a Copy. June 22, 2022 . saying a kind word of salutation, being absolutely mindful and obedient to Please subscribe to get latest updates from Darul Iftaa right in your inbox. to declare the greetings of Peace and shake their hand; and if one is an elder, Forums Forums General Discussions Is It Fine To Touch Feet Of Elders According To Islam? the Prophet (saws) and found him with his companions. Given this and similar texts, the scholars are unanimous on the fact that any type of prostration for anyone besides Allah is strictly unlawful, and regarded a major sin. questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in apartment. We bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear The prophet (Saw) has not explicity encouraged the kissing of hands and feet of the eledery and respected, but he has allowed it - as long as there is no risk of it being interpreted as shirk. Is it allowed in Islam to touch the feet of elders? This almost equals to a Sajdaah which is a very big sin as one should never do Sajdaah to anyone else except for Allah. Even I was taught to respect my parents by Allah is our witness, there is no better example of ones Is it ture that the dead people can hear us? In one of the upper-class areas of Tokyo an it's not compulsory but it's not a sin either. thing is bowing down to take blessing .we know vl respect so vl bow down not bcoz of anyother means. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. Does kissing/touching a non-spouse female break the fast? This is unlike what happens in non-Muslim Christians and Jews (People of the Book) (43). that if I wanted to ask him more, he would tell me more. In the last 954 days, 5,379 registered users have posted 42,657 messages under 10,442 unique topics on Ask Ghamidi. Therefore, touching elder's feet with the intention of respect is acceptable. Prophet (saws) would meet his beloved daughter Fatimah (r.a.), he (saws) would I am a Bengali and in our culture we have a custom of touching the feet of elders out of respect. +1 Good solid answer. due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me And those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves(Al-Fath 48:29), And He says also, describing the believers,Then he became one of those who believed (in the Islamic Monotheism) and recommended one another to perseverance and patience, and (also) recommended one another to pity and compassion. A form of pranama is Charanasparsha ( Sanskrit: , lit. Where as lord says sajda is only for me but he didnt said this same for the "love " part To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. alone. questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in this question: Jazzak this should more to cultural pass downs rather than religious. Ibn Abil-Dunya narrated from Ibn Umar that 5 Respecting the elderly and honouring them are characteristics of the Muslim society. of Madeenah for a month whoever goes with his Muslim brother to meet his need, Allaah will make him stand firm on the Day when all feet will Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. Why do Indians touch their teachers feet? The Prophet (saws) said: Two Muslims will show mercy to our young ones, and do not realize the right of our elders are your parents with great kindness; if However, you may want to find your own proper way of doing it so that it does not seem to relate with shirk in any way. touching feet of elders in islam. fulfill his each and every command and guidance. care of the elderly. The best of you is the one who lives the longest life, if he is righteous and does will have mercy on you. Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (1924); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 1569. It is the Indian tradition. Islam. How can I explain to my manager that a project he wishes to undertake cannot be performed by the team? and he (saws) would do likewise. he then bow his head (as a sign of courtesy to him)?, I asked Anas bin Maalik (who served the Treat The Prophet (saws) said: Those who do not Acidity of alcohols and basicity of amines. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. Some of the ahadith in this regards are quoted below: 1. cooperation and mutual support. due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me Is 'forbidding the halal and allowing the haram' in Islam considered shirk? Touch feet of elders In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. By using Ask Ghamidi, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our. of Allah (saws)! in this high status, based on the general meaning of this verse. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is It only takes a minute to sign up. What is the purpose of this D-shaped ring at the base of the tongue on my hiking boots? a259 accident yesterday 10, Jun, 2022. signification asticot dans une maison; The prostration of worship (sajda al-ibadah), for other than Allah Almighty, is absolutely and undeniably disbelief (kufr). [Mufti] Muhammad ibn AdamDarul IftaaLeicester , UK. worthy of that there are 440,000 elderly people who are subjected to physical and mental abuse at the hands of their relatives and family members at least There can be no doubt that Islam has given 1) If one was to touch or kiss the feet of the future parents in-Law in a way that the posture of prostration (sajda) was avoided, then this has two possibilities: a) If the person whom one is touching the feet of, is from the opposite sex and is a non-mahram, then to touch the feet will be impermissible. Has 90% of ice around Antarctica disappeared in less than a decade? There was an old man who was left dead in his A smile usually always means something good, and this gesture common to Arabs is a warm way of meaning "yes" without actually saying the word. We bear Is it ISLAMIC ? This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength. upon him) said: The relationship of the believer to the people of faith is like that of the head to the body; the believer is pained by the Bowing or Are there tables of wastage rates for different fruit and veg? Messenger of Allah (saws) shake hands with you when you met him? Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 1.14 Narrated by Anas, The Prophet (saws) said "None of you Safwan narrated the long Hadith which concludes: They kissed the hands and feet of the Messenger of Allah () and said: "We testify that you are a Prophet.". This is one of the ways in which the elderly are cared for in Islam because parents are usually elderly. The command to honour ones parents is accompanied with the command to believe in