tommy armour silver scot forged irons

I dropped off the youngest and the wife at Disney then spent the day at Kennedy space Center. I heard about J.C. Goosies Spalding tour in Florida and realized Florida was much more affordable for a Mini Tour player. Tommy Armour Silver Scot Forged Irons 3-PW right hand standard length and lie with the Rifle 5.0 Factory Flighted Shafts and like new Grips. I've heard there is a book/catalog out there showing the clubs thru the years??? Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! Troubled waters started churning for PGA Golf in 1982. where there was a golf tournament. They were cool to look at though- and still are. That's not the exact tagline for the revamped Tommy Armour 845 Forged irons. They are a Royal Armour full set with black and yellow Royal Armour pads on the irons, and shafts say Armour Lite Mid Flex True Temper Made in USA. SPONSORED. Matched To Your Swing. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. I still have my 845s. Or maybe you just got an unlucky set. I would call them mid-size. They sure did give Ping a run for the money back then,as they were less expensive and performed as good. Once again, John Barba and My Golf Spy, providing the best most in-depth golf writing you will find anywhere! Its also known as out-kicking your coverage. Probably just me. eli_yates; Nov 19, 2007; Golf Equipment Talk; Replies 4 Views 5K. Cast from 431 stainless steel with a thin L-shape face insert (to assist shots struck low), steel weighting with tungsten . Gilford Securities Analyst Casey Alexander put it bluntly to Crains Chicago Business that year. Even if I get a new set, I am keeping them. Minty TaylorMade Sim2 Max-D 9.0* Driver Head Only Sim 2 MaxD 9.0* Driver Head. Both good mornings out and still time to meet the family for an afternoon at a theme park. I did play in one Varsity match against Duke University and my famous acknowledgement was when the Varsity Coach, Howell T. Hollis, told me I was academically ineligible for the 1965 season. Plays his DCIs. (Celebration was completely full both days) Titleist SM6 58 S Grind 7.7k. 845 FORGED (2) Show More. 845 FORGED (2) Show More. If you want new persimmon, Louisville Golf still makes them. Stiff shafts. We had to develop a back design, so on the way home I took out some notepaper and scribbled out the little back pads for the irons.. Also, I have seen a set of Nicklaus's with rifle flighted's. So we incorporated the cavity back on the long and mid-irons and, at the 8-iron, we segued into the traditional profile youd see in a Wilson Staff or a MacGregor.. Probably the cheapest way to get into forged player's blades. Up for sale is a set of Tommy Armour Forged Silver Scot Irons. I bought mine on Ebay - paid 153$ - breat value for money. 1995 was the beginning of the end for Tommy Armour, even though it didnt look that way. Post your items for free Local pickup Buy Cheap or Sell Second Hand Iron sets easily with Yomla. I went on a qualified and played the Japanese Senior Tour in 1994 (I had an awful fear of flying and 18 hours even in first class was too much. 845fs Silver Scot. I've also got a 'not so nice' set of Mac keyhole woods that I picked up cheap so maybe I will just hit those to get my fix. Get the best deals on Tommy Armour Vintage Golf Clubs & Shafts. Plain and simple. M85's. Celebration was $30 more a round, and I reckon thats a fair premium. AKA as beating me. Free shipping for many products! . This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google, (your email address will not be published). Silver Scot #6. I watched maybe 20 minutes a couple weeks back, and I wasn't impressed with the CW presentation. Spec-wise, the 845s featured a 36-degree 7-iron and light swing weights ranging from C9 to D1 in stiff flex. The mindset, apparently, was if it aint broke, lets not spend money we dont have to fix it. By 1977, Victor Comptometer was purchased by Kidde, Inc., a New Jersey-based maker of everything from Jacuzzi bathtubs and Farberware housewares to lighting fixtures, fire protection equipment, and hydraulic cranes. But they always loved selling clubs. I played Celebration and Falcons Fire( twice each). That was the weighting concept. *We may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site. Let's first get some things out of the way these irons aren't going to go and compete with a Mizuno or Miura forging. Two days later the iron arrived and I boxed up the six with the prepaid return label. Iron Set. I realise this a bit of a thread resurrection, but I have just returned from a trip to Orlando with the wife and kids and another family. AU $425.06 postage. Thank for reminding us of that era, I had some 845 oversize as my first real set of clubs when i was a kid, good read. I happen to know more than I should about MacGregor forged irons of the 1950's, 1960's and 1970's. I preferred Celebration, but thats maybe because I holed a shit load of putts both times. He was the guiding spirit behind Nickent Golf and authored several other iconic iron designs, including the Titleist DCI and the TaylorMade RAC. #163961. Clear editor. MATERIAL GRAPHITE . Great read. Fantastic article! As part of the deal, Michael Magerman Odysseys 33-year-old co-founder and president was named Tommy Armours president and CEO. Total Rating 100%. After a lot of other putters have gone through my bag and ended up in the storage locker with the Nickent irons, the Pipe putter is still in my bag at home and in my bag here in New Zealand where we spend our winters (southern hemisphere summers). Very Collectible and rare. When Tommy Armour released the 855 Silver Scots in 1995 to counter the new and incredibly popular King Cobra irons, they were more than a little late to the party. Wow! Mine are beautiful. Thanks for the article ! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Awesome!!! PEND. I think Tommy Armour and Dicks hit on something with the TA1 lineup a couple years ago. Maybe a little too much offset, but I needed it back then Like the Eye 2s and 1st gen Big Bertha, the 845s just wanted to go straight Lets see what this roller coaster will bring us next. **TOMMY ARMOUR GOLF TRAVEL BAG** $150 (Honolulu) . I dont think they did themselves any favors when they introduced the Atomic lineup. THose were good times. Me thinks I will shove some shafts in them and take them out for a trip down memory lane. But that's to be expected when you sell 660,000 sets over a seven-year period. Tommy Armour 845s Silver Scot Single LH Pitching Wedge TA Steel Shaft GC! Tommy Armour 855s Golden Scot Men's Graphite Sr Flex Iron Set 4-SW 394471874309. I might go see the event here, just to discover what the on-course experience is like. $19.99. I learned so much not only about the 845 but about the DCI Blacks which were the first set of clubs I ever bought.. They have an ebay store and a regular website. TOMMY ARMOUR SILVER Scot PGA Pitching Wedge RH TT Dynamic Regular Steel (R14) - EUR 7,92. I acquired a set of Macgregor M75 Tourney irons and MT Tourney woods that have LTWA stamped on the bottoms. I like Titleist APs but based on looks, I dont see the difference. I have been using the cb's now for a few weeks. Fred Couples played the 845s and both Freddie and John Daly played Maxfli. I also carry PING Gorge Tour Wedges 58 through 47 degrees, and Callaway FT-iz hybrids 30 through 21 degrees, and a PING I-25 Driver in 9.5 degrees. That came from the address of PGA Golf 8350 North Lehigh Avenue in Morton Grove. Brand Tommy Armour; Head Weight 258 "C" Dimension 1. . Tommy Armour is a golf club brand that has been on the market for quite some time. Golf Clubs: XXIO Driver, Fwy, Irons $490 (oahu) foto ocultar esta publicacin restaurar restaurar esta publicacin. $49.99 + $13.62 shipping. (2016 2020). But I guessHaters gonna hate., I didnt know that the 845 and DCI had the same designer, but Im not at all surprised. Great iron, i have never played better. $22.32 shipping. You are looking at a used VINTAGE SET of MENS RIGHT handed 354616939982. The club itself was a labor of love for a lot of reasons and Im proud to say I took part in the development and launch of that product Ive always had a soft spot in my heart for it. I did and trade and buy for these irons in 95. Yeah, I looked at the schedule when it first came out, I noticed OCN was on the list. The USGA won the fight but Ping won the War. (Explained),Tommy Armour Royal Scot Complete Package (GRH),Tommy Armour Royal Scot Irons - R flex steel - 3 thru PW,GW,SW - . Thats what makes them icons. I fell in love with them and liked them better the Pings I was playing. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Nice Left Handed Ping Heppler FLOKI 34" Putter w/Cover Strong Arc #327923 at the best online prices at eBay! Please put and questions or comments here, Please put any questions or comments here, Please put any questions of comments here, Tommy Armour Silver Scot Cavity Back Forged. TSI driver, 3W, and more, TSR4 Ventus Blue TR, Rogue ST LS Fairway Ventus Red, Get ventus black 7x performance with softer feel in your 3w. I also busted 2 PGA Tommy Armour fairway woods back in the 70's by hitting them a little in the heels. Wonderful article, John. They got replaced but it wasn't the same, and not as if MacGregor will replace yours now. He said about 50. Also, the combination of chrome and brushed silver makes the club face appear smaller than it is. ADD TO CART. Aren't you concerned you might bust up the woods hitting rocky range balls? Apart from that it was presented nicely. It was a wonderful design, structurally 100% comprised of a beautiful alignment feature with a back weight. i hit a shot with the newly purchased tommy armour silver scot hybrid 18* stiff shaft model and it goes right down the middle roughly 230 yards. 845 FORGED PERSIMMON. USA & International; Australia; Canada; France; Germany; Italy; Spain; One copper faced Colokroms and one set of Rec. I played the MacGregor MT (1972) "flatsole" irons from 1974 to 1994. I looked into the 845s when in the 90s I decided that technology had far surpassed my then 20 year old cast stainless MacGregor MT Tourneys, but ended up with King Cobras and my brother still I hope they dont screw it up, said Hoeflich. Where to start? I have studied and still use as a reference the Jim Kaplan MacGregor and Wilson golf history catalogs. I wonder how much Dicks paid MGS to write this story? At 56 years old, the Ford Mustang is still as cool as ever. Being a DLIII and Couples fan., I geeked out since I played the same clubs as the those two Armour staffers. Saw these offered for around $150 free shipping and thought I'd give them a try before I spent $1000 or more on Mizuno or Miura. Back in 1992 it didnt get a lot cooler than Freddie and JD. By late 2002, Gen-X was sold to Huffy, the bicycle, and sporting goods company, for $19 million in cash plus five million shares of stock. tmdj1234 Came across a 5-Gw 7 club set of these with the blue insignia that was barely played and sat for years, grips and shafts are like new, Mid Launch 6.0 rifles with all the perfect labels. Thanks for reply. New Tommy Armour Forged Blade Silver Scot 60 Lob Wedge, New Tommy Armour Silver Scot Forged Sand Wedge, SW Club, Rare Vintage Macgregor Tommy Armour Silver Scot Sw- 915, MacGregor Tommy Armour Black Scot Double Duty Wedge, H. Cholmondeley-Pennell Modern Improvements In Fishing Takle & Fish Hook, Spalding's Official Baseball Guides (1904), Modern Fishing Lure Collectibles Volume V, Florences Standard Baseball Card Price Guide Revised 6th Edition, Modern Fishing Lure Collectibles Volume II, Field Guide To Fishing Lures Identification & Value Guide, Porter Athletic Equipment Co. Started 44 minutes ago. Well see if MGS can put their money where their mouths are when it comes time to release Most Wanted lists in conjunction with how much each OEM has paid them in advertising or wine-and-dine trips to their HQs. I have upgraded my driver and woods a few times over the years, but I have still not found a reason to drop my TA 845s. . Not sure, but I couldn't find a threadaddressing vintage (40s,50s,60s,70s) Macgregor clubs. Sports 845 EVO V-31: 2000: 845 EVO V-31 Reduced Offset: 2000: 845 EVO-V 25: 1999: 845 EVO V-31: 2000: 845FS SilverScot: 2003: 845u Silver Back: 2003: 845cm SilverBack: 2003: 845c SilverBack: 2003: 845m SilverBack: 2003: Back to Irons Specifications | Back to Main Page . Obviously a lot of us. Modern Irons Comparable to Tommy Armour 855s? If youve been paying even a little attention, it doesnt take high-level editorial or business-specific insight to say the golf industry has changed over the past 30 years. The TA-1s were respectable, and the Atomicsdespite the goofy name, were pretty hot performers. I was ready to litigate, but I had an invitation to attend the Japanese Senior PGA Tour School Qualifier and my wife did not want to Fight. Thus, that was the end of The Tommy Armout tour. 1 Iron . The 845s were a great set of irons for the price point and were very easy to play. Shop Used Tommy Armour Iron Sets up to 70% off - or start selling in seconds. I bought the TA-1 Irons and Driver, the irons feel so powerful you can feel the ball jump off the face. Bob MacNally ran a great company. Stealth irons vs. P790 irons - how do you decide? Driver: EXS10.5, weights neutral ||FWs:Rogue4W + 7WHybrid: Big Bertha OS4H at 22 ||Irons: Mavrik MAX 5i-PWWedges: MD3:48,54MD4:58|| Putter:Inertial NM SL-583F, 34"Ball: QStar Tour - Divide ||Bag: Three 5 stand bag. There were a lot of people involved in the success of that club but Im really excited to see what Dicks does with it.. The company we came to know as Tommy Armour actually started in Ohio in 1910 as the Burke Golf Equipment Company. If you have questions about this era ofgolf,Imay be able to help get some answers. Was told this by "Armour Customer Service." The grounds crew has been at it hard for a while now. Its called the Bad Decision Playbook for a reason. Great read and I really appreciate you sharing a little history of this great game with all of us. Ive got the muscle backs as my back-up set (primary set is X-tour) and they are great. Still look great! Tommy Armour Zaap . Add to Wishlist. Its a lesson in how tremendous success often sows the seeds of failure. Atomic. I flew up to Morton Grove and met with Mike. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Tommy Armour Silver Scot Collector 3-PW, SW Iron Set RH Steel Shaft Stiff Flex at the best online prices at eBay! Thank you I gamed the 845s back in the day, wonderful irons to play. 2i > 9i iron set: 1956-57 MacGregor Colokrom - Tourney M85, forged blades with copper faces T. T. Tourney, regular flex shafts. NEW RH Cobra LTDX Iron Set Steel REG-5-G. Ben Hogan APEX PC 3-E Iron Set? Cavity back design. Glad you had a good time. I got mine on ebay for $158 shipped from proshopwarehouse.com. The course is packed pretty solid this time of the year. I've been wanting to blades again for a few years now after playing cast clubs for the past few years. I ran a GOLF Day store in the late 90s and we sold a ton of 845s irons, everything that followed from Tommy Armour couldnt come close to the 845s. I got the Wilson Staff RM forged cavity backs in my avatar. in Instruction and Playing Tips, By Las mejores ofertas para Putter de hoja pin Hi #020 / RH / acero ~34,75" / agarre bonito / gw5719 estn en eBay Compara precios y caractersticas de productos nuevos y usados Muchos artculos con envo gratis! The sale left the new ownership somewhat leveraged and U.S. Industries had Tommy Armour on its shortlist of assets to sell off to help recoup some of its new debt. Tommy armour silver Scot 48 pitching wedge Reply Sufficient_Gazelle95 13/CT/Weekend Warrior Additional comment actions . $69.99. I recieved a call from a man by the name of Rick Paprick. Mike. That was the good news. 1 iron in the game was the PING Eye2 so Hoeflich figured hed start there. Those little back pads became the signature look of the 845s and Hoeflich whipped up a prototype the old-fashioned way. Those pads changed shape as you went from the 2-iron to the pitching wedge to keep the weight balanced in the center of the club.. MacGregor Park in Dayton built to allow golf club tryouts in 1920s, Hidden golf course once home to golf club manufacturing giant, LIV Golf Tour (was "Alternative" Tours, Phil Cancelled), "Playing From a Position" la Jim Venetos. Too many things did go wrong for TearDrop. Many of the Macs from the 60's and early 70's are less than $100, and the remakes from the late 70's and 80's are often less than $50 unless absolutely mint. AMAZING CHARM, Maroon Schutt DNA Football Helmet - Adult Large. tommy armour 855s irons. Keeping our community safe COVID-19 Safety Precautions. Ive still got them, minus a long-lost five iron and didnt switch to a new set of irons until 25 years later. Standard B. Mid-Size C. Over sized? If you have a super high swing speed, any ball can be a problem. Very forgiving for a blade, too. My first set of cavity back clubs replacing Hogan Apex II. Happy memories as the company used to host a dinner at the PGA Merchandise show for PGA Master Professionals. Add to Compare. golfinbrad The Titleist DT Solo and the Wilson Staff Duo work quite well with wooden clubs, if the club is in decent playable condition. Make Request. Mr. McNally told me if I would relinquish the name The Hooters Tour and rename it The Tommy Armour Tour, his Company would add $10,000 a year to the purse plus give all registered Tommy Armour Tour Players a tour staff bag at no cots and the 845s 1 iron through all four wedges for $190.00. Upper heel area of cavity: PAT. Bought a brand new set of 845s EVO when they were first released and loved them. During the next two years, Maltby introduced eight models based on the 845, with all assembly done by Golfworks. I think MGS missed the boat on their review of this club. California on the Golden State Tour. I'm glad I did. By the end of 97, TearDrop purchased RAM Golf for $10 million and Tommy Armour for $24 million. MACGREGOR TOMMY ARMOUR V.F.Q. They go far when I hit them correctly. Honestly, I didnt seem to notice a huge performance gap, but perception seemed to hurt. Good read, had those irons for yearseveryone can take note about how the game of golf is played with clubs, and the business of golf is made by selling clubs.and even the best have to be updated someway to grow and keep companies going.see why there are new lines of clubs every year.If Ping still made Eye2s we would all be playing better golf but they would be going our of business.. What well written walk through equipment history. Where can i get these? Technology moves on and that isnt bad, but designing clubs in your kitchen and on napkins still sounds cool to me. I cant justify getting a new set. I had them for several years and also believe many manufactures copied the tech in these clubs. Putter. $140.00. Actually, it took two years and one teardrop, but Magerman was spot-on correct. AT1 Golf Clubs Steel Tour Blades set irons 3-PW - $98.02. TearDrop filed for bankruptcy, having never turned a profit during its three-year stewardship, leaving behind an army of unpaid creditors. And I didnt notice and grammar errors! Moisture is a greater enemy than golf balls. I then decided to gain eligibility on the European Senior PGA Tour at their Open Championship qualifier. Nike Japan Forged Blade MB 3-P / DG S300 (S) Flex (8x Pieces) Excellent Cond. Found a set of barely used berylliums that are still sitting in my basement. If my memory serves me right, the 845 hit the market just as Ping and the USGA started arguing over the Eye2. E. M. . Shot some of my best scores with these until they were stolen. Our largest event over the 10 year run was the St. Louis Open. with T. T. Tourney shafts. I bought mine in 1990. Yes, I've heard that the hard range balls may be bad for the older persimmons and maples. GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, Tuesday at 04:47 PM, GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, February 20, GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, February 13, GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, February 6, GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, January 31, By Tommy Armour 845s Silver Scot Golf Clubs 2-9 PW + Putter $75 . Excellent used condition 810 39 irons 718MB PW is a 46 black sm7 vokey Nippon Mondus 3 105 X Stiff Shafts Standard length and lie Pick up Bittern 3918 or ., 1309169292. Apex 4 Steel NEW GRIPS. Gini was in the Computer business with banks as her clients. Tommy Armour Silver Scot Forged Iron Heads, 4-P, Excellent. I havent played a round with them for 25+ years but occasionally hit them into my practice net just to recall the feel which is great when you strike the sweet spot. A few months ago, I bought one of their 48 degree CB wedges to fill a gap in my short game. I take them out whenever I feel I hit the ball well and, forged or not, with the Rifle set-up, they are excellent. Items in the Price Guide are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners solely for our members research needs. 845 SILVER SCOT (GREY FINISH) 845 SILVER SCOT (HTS) 845 TA-24. That sure as shootin could have been written in 2020, couldnt it? FORGED TI 350CC. RussUK, November 17, 2016 Year 2002; Brand . I know I spent more on a full set of Win. Great read Great read on an iconic club that I fell in love with upon first sighting when looking for a used iron set. . It is still the best, most-consistently paced putter I have ever used, which reduces my 3 putts. We found CPM variations as wide as 10-12., Nickents USTs 85 MPH Rated Shafts were more like 2-4. The best part is when a golf pro at a course happens to look in my bag they go bananas and are super impressed that I am still putting them through their paces. In February, U.S. Industries bought Odyssey Sports of Carlsbad, CA, (yes, that Odyssey) for $17 million. Not sure if theyll ever be played again, but they will maintain their position of prominence in my collection. When I got home, I got some candles and melted the wax into the shape of a cavity and those cavity balance weight pads. Tommy Armour VCG Forged 60* 8* Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S200 Shaft New Grip Lefty . Read John Get some strange looks at the range hitting those persimmons. AYRTIME. Tommy Armour. My first set of irons,hand me downs from my dad, were VIPs. 35. About the only difference was the M75's probably came original with T. T. V Chrome shafts and the M85's. It was a $50,000 purse and Mike Campbell was the winner.. After the sale of Tommy Armour to Odyssey and without added money to the purses, the number of players fell significantly. Clubs that are played need the poly or varnish refreshed occasionally. A lovely rare set of MacGregor Jack Nicklaus JNP Forged Irons 2- SW Reg shafts, newish grips in very good condition, great condition for their age 10 clubs. I think if Tommy Armour had launched a less-offset version of the 845, it would have run for another three or four years.. Its a damn shame Nickent bet the farm on the adjustable driver with a $500 price tage right before the great recession hit. Was: AU $621.82. Im one of a few people I know who use Hoeflichs Nickent Pipe Putter, which still has a cultish following. By No Guesswork. Men's Right Handed. I don't hit em that much, just a few times to get that nice low rising trajectory that todays clubs can't provide. I figured if I didn't like these irons I would at least get my money back on the shafts alone, since I was going to build a set from golfsmith before I found these. At the time was an x 100 player. Tommy Armour 845S Silver Scot Single 4 Iron Tour Step Stiff Steel Mens RH 38.5" . What a great article and history, sad to say I spent the 80s sort of affiliated with Tommy Armour and didnt know it, I was selling Victor Calculators and PCs lol. My personal history is that I picked up a set of early 845s 3i-PW (pat. MACGREGOR TOMMY ARMOUR V.F.Q. I put a special tri wall shaft in them when I worked at True Temper. When balata went away, those guys went in the closet---. Thoroughly enjoyed the read, great job John. If you don't need to bend them, they are a decent club. Sales reps would go into accounts to show the EQL, said Hoeflich. Titleist 915H 3 Diamana, Titleist 915H 4 Diamana The company bet the ranch on the Ti-100 in 1996-97 and lost badly, as the Ti-100s set a new standard for golf industry flops. I think, as was pointed out in another MGS Article, Dicks is creating a new business model after receiving 3rd degree burns from TaylorMade.