teifi harps second hand

Range from C fifth octave to E second octave. FWIW, I did a LOT of investigation on the Teifi harps, talking to the gentlemen over in Wales on numerous occasions, and lots of emails. Base cover and dust cover included. Sold seen. orders@kolacnymusic.com. Lever tension gut strings included. Vermont Violins is doing a great service to the harp community locally and nationally by offering such an affordable rental program AND financing program for both large harps and small harps. Box 19, West Lebanon, NH 03784. Bright or deep sound? The longer cam handles specially used by Dusty Strings are now a standard feature on all their levered harps. Monday-Friday 9am-6pm Harps are very important to Wales. Teifi Eos. Nylon or gut strings? Of the brand teifi but also the theme dragon. Forces in England, Wales and Northern Ireland aim to answer 90% of 999 calls within ten seconds. Of the brand studio - A production technique mentioned as 'pottery' - Including: small, bowl - Used. It plays well and produces an excellent sound. For more information, please see our Big, warm, even sound. With sadness but also with thanks for the wonderful times, All of us at Telynau Teifi Cyf. Built in 1921. Copyright & Trade Mark Notice & 2013 - 2023, Contact Us Unit 7 Im in Cornwall in the U.K. and bought a Teifi Eos at the end of 2019. Tel: 01970 615000 Bubbinga with maple soundboard veneer. If you are looking to purchase a new or previously owned harp or would like to rent a harp, let us know. Sharping levers achieve this by shortening the vibrating length of the string to a specific amount with an added fret while slightly stretching the string. Note: listings on our website are free and all harps are for sale by private owners. Teifi Harps 8.4K views14 years ago Telynau Teifi Jingle Segments Play all After learning about harp techniques AND practising the simple beginner lessons, you are now ready to move onto the. When was it last regulated and how old are the strings? Cookie Notice A large impressive lap harp. Excellent condition with one cosmetic bump. Sign up to get the latest harp news, new issue announcements, freebies, and more! If youd like to help shape how that may look and secure some free credits if we do go live then please register. I think I just need to put all the harp makers in a hat and close my eyes and pick. Looking around the internet there seems to have been a few issues with the occasional string buzzing or lever going out of alignment, but they all seem to have occurred a couple of years ago at least. This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated. Used second hand harps | Blondel, Lyon & Healy, Avalon, Erard Gothic, Erard Grecian, Aoyama Orpheus USED harps If you would like to list your harp for free on this page, or for us to actively sell it for you, please contact us to make arrangements. I was considering renting the Siff Saff for three months as Teifi subtracts that as credit from the final price if you decide to buy. Ive never had the opportunity to play one but they sound amazing. One of the earliest sharping levers, the Robinson lever remains to be discovered on economy harps and is helpful when the player expects to rarely encounter accidentals, merely changing keys from time to time. T: (603) 298-7198. Moreover, these levers have experienced incremental improvements which have addressed some of the small initial manufacturing issues and provided for much more consistency and reliability. 2 talking about this. Join our subscription list and stay updated! As we continue to protect and grow quality local journalism, Cambrian News is considering experimenting in the future with some form of paid-for content on our website. And it is only 8Kg! Yes, I WANT an Eos with the Celtic Scroll in Harlequin so badly. Ive just seen on a French harp forum that Teifi Harps announced on 18 May that they have been forced to cease trading and they have gone into voluntary liquidation. Natural and Gold. Also, we believe that since you will spend many years with your arms wrapped around your harp, you should meet it in person before deciding to take it home, thus ensuring you end up with an instrument that truly makes your heart sing. But: I am a great fan of second hand harps from reputable dealers. United-Kingdom , Signed teifi pottery. Making the national instrument in Wales, Teifi Harps are built with the experience of almost sixty years of harp making and design. This could be a matter of better recording equipment of course! It ends up being cheaper in the long run because you buy the harp you really want, instead of buying harps again and again. Telynau Teifi Harps make harps using craftsmanship that has been handed down through generations, from master harp makers to their apprentices. All have a fantastic sound. String instrument; Other names: clirseach, clrsach, telyn, telenn: Classification: Chordophones; Composite chordophones; Harps; Hornbostel-Sachs classification: 322.221 Financing can be arranged. (But- does ANY musician ever really retire?). Rent credit cannot be applied towards the purchase. - Always try a harp out before buying it because internet videos simply don't give you enough info to go on. We promise we wont spam you! But I myself, would prefer a Camac harp, because of their nice price, balanced sound, great levers and their 5 year guarantee. There could be perfectly acceptable harps and yet be negatives to these questions. I worried about spending so much money but it is the best thing I ever did. Theyre available from Robinsons Harp Store. Usually discovered only on Lyon and Healy (Performance) and Salvi lever harps (Salvi lever), these work by pushing the string horizontally in opposition to a stop pin, rather than vertically, which helps to maintain the string in its unstopped alignment. and our Used or Consignment Harps for Sale We prefer to sell harps to people who can try them in person first. Moderate price~, Made wales. Making the national instrument in Wales, Teifi Harps are built with the experience of almost sixty years of harp making and design. These levers are sometimes discovered on harps from Pakistan. He explained to me the order process and what to expect until it would be delivered to my home. Workshop? This one was rarely played and looks like a new harp. Full Loveland levers, cloth case, knee bones, display stand. It is an honor to be a part of the team at our website dedicated to stringed instruments, and I look forward to sharing my passion and knowledge with our readers as well. This lever has received rave opinions from numerous well-known luthiers. Used. This contains thoughts and opinions shared in an unkind and unencouraging manner. Structural problems with harps tend to show themselves after lets say three years. Anyway, I would only pay attention to the Salvi Harps and the Lyon & Healy Harps (the other harps come from Pakistan, notwithstanding their nice names). Regulation is rarely required on such instruments, but when necessary can be done by moving the blade in or out. Ive not come up with a name for my dream harp yet. Rees levers, which are the newest of the group, have a lever that meets identical performance standards but at a fraction of the price. As at Mar 2018, PCCs held over 1.4bn in usable resource reserves. 7. A finish qualified as polished. I read a forum post here about someone whose lever broke. You may google How to select a lever harp to get an impression of the things that may be of interest to you. We are pleased to offer a variety of previously owned harps for sale in our shop. Ethical sustainable. Below is our current inventory. United-Kingdom , Decorative bowl in clay. #CD1204-12. Were often asked: is the Harp difficult to learn? and the answer is no. Talfryn, Can you come to this? Personally I wouldnt be confident in my ability to assess a second hand when buying from a private owner, but Id be happy to buy one from a reputable harp shop. Based in the heart of West Wales, Teifi Harps continue the long tradition of harp making in Wales - building on 60 years of tradition and innovation. We are beyond proud of the instruments that we have made and the new directions in which we have pushed the harp as the traditional instrument of Wales. The public is entitled to high quality information on financial reserves: It sports a full set of Truitt levers for easy access to any key and comes with a deluxe carrying case, harp stand and tuning key. Cherry & Mahogany finish. 49 at tallest point. The harp comes with a transport case, strings, Fully native all-string pick-up and built-in pre-amp with battery, carrying strap and . Levers pivot on a steel compression pin, which can need a drop of machine oil if heavily used. (2023). ~, Selection pack. Constructed of solid brass with gold plating, the levers include a variety of frets and stop pins for various string sizes, lengths, and compositions. Teifi Levers Designed by Teifi Harps of Wales, one of many premier harp makers, these levers are engineered to offer a very smooth and quiet up (on) and down (off) lever action, producing an unimpaired tone. Ive had a lesson with a really great teacher and done a lot of research online that has led me to the decision that for my needs Id really like to buy a 34 string fully-levered harp. Hand painting Our passion is creating an eclectic mix of harps to suit individuals, catering for all ages, abilities and genres. Good luck with making your decision! The woodland is now owned by the National Trust. Ethical sust~, Freshly roasted coffee. Depending where you are in the UK, maybe you could visit Camacs harp weekend in Cardiff next month to try out their range. I live in the USA, and even checked in with a Vermont Violin shop who used to carry them. I live in the UK and dont have a big budget, 2000 is my absolute limit but I would rather spend less. Like wil-weten I have Camac harps (3 of them over the years) and I am absolutely happy with them, I live in France so its the obvious choice, their technical support is outstanding. If you want to buy or sell a used harp please contact us. Aberystwyth Types of harps. LOL) to sing and accompany myself, and maybe do some gigs, when I retire. II think think the Siff Saff has a beautiful tone as well! Welcome to The Harp Centre of Wales. Re-strung and regulated. We serve a regional clientele who are within driving distance of our location. Discover the offsets in the image which makes them easily accessible for regulation. LOL. 22 strings. We are official agents for Salvi, Lyon & Healy Harps and Teifi Harps. What else comes with it string chart, tuning wrench, etc.? New in 2011. Making the national instrument in Wales, Teifi Harps are built with the experience of almost sixty years of harp making and design. There is a great range of harps available to order, from the 26 string Ravenna from Dusty Strings, a great small, portable harp with a professional sound, to the large 34 string Siff Saff from Telynau Teifi (Harp Centre of Wales) which is a fantastic student harp for those starting out who want a full size harp. If you look at the harp from the string side, the longest string is on your right. Lowest note F. Nylon strings. Below you will be able to find our policy links, so please go over them if you have any questions and concerns. It has been well cared for by a single owner and is priced to sell. Levers on F and C provide common keys for Celtic and folk music. Thank you so much for the information wil-weten! Camac TD47 10,500.00 Erard Grecian 14,000.00 Erard Gothic 4,750.00 Lyon and Healy FWIW, I did a LOT of investigation on the Teifi harps, talking to the. Perfectly suited for beginners, this instrument is also an excellent choice for advanced and professional players because of its versatility and reliability. Cherry Wood, staved back, full Loveland levers. For more i. Reasonable offers considered. (2023). New in Feb. 2022. Look at renting harps at least for a few month. A lever harp to take you from beginner to intermediate and beyond. 46 string Concert model, Ebony. Additional levers can be added. Strings in good condition. As usual, I recommend this website to get an idea of what you want. Based on the concert harp principle of double forks, the strings arent moved out of alignment when the levers are engaged and with very minimal string wear, even with frequent use. These include the Rees, Truitt, Camac, Loveland, and Robinson levers. #1978. (2023). The triple harp is a type of multi-course harp employing three parallel rows of strings instead of the more common single row. Celtic harp 'Brian Boru's harp' (Clirseach Brian Bramha) on display in the Library of Trinity College Dublin. Does anyone have any experience with this harp? Thank you, Oren and everyone at Vermont Violins! THE ONLINE SHOP IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED! This contains unwanted criticism or feedback. Green coloured stripes. Visconti Foster ( Oil Tan ) - 13.3" Laptop Bag / Leather String Bag, Visconti Rhino ( Oil Tan ) - Large Leather Backpack, Siff Saff, Robyn, Boncath and Telor Lever Gauge, Teifi Telor and Gwennol with Standard Pedal Gauge Strings. Quality, Functionality, & Price Taking the First Steps Exploring Our Harps Economical. Saturday 10am-5pm, Online Store Email: One common version is the Welsh triple harp ( Welsh: telyn deires ), used today mainly among players of traditional Welsh folk music . Pros: -Well rounded and even tone. If you are looking to purchase a new or previously owned harp or would like to rent a harp, let us know. The current Crescendos have 34 strings and screw on legs. The cam is a heavy plastic composite pivoting on a machine bolt with compression washers and a locking nut. New in December of 1951. We run an incentive harp rental scheme for adults and young learners, stock a wide range of strings, music and accessories, and operate an efficient mail order service. Camac levers can activate two fret pins that maintain the string centered and aligned. The cam pivots on a rivet, which can loosen with use but could be adjusted by compressing the rivet with a hammer tap. Showing its age. but a few things stopped me. 32 strings. Exclusive about other approaches to harp playing, This contains a negative or exclusive attitude towards other approaches to harp playing. Strings Kings is a website where you will be able to find bunch of information on any stringed instrument. Series 1 Gwenan Gibbard and Robin Huw Bowen visit the Teifi Harps Factory in Llandysul, where Allan Shiers is passing the traditional skills of harp-making on to the next generation. So what is everybody else using? 21,500.00 o.n.o. It has the original ski feet with no way to add legs. Im a beginner harpist looking to buy my first harp. Yes, I WANT an Eos with the Celtic Scroll in Harlequin so badly. Grass is always greener, they say. I live in the USA, and even checked in with a Vermont Violin shop who used to carry them. If you would like to advertise your instrument please forward a brief description, photo, asking price and contact details to insure@jackhayward.co.uk. We have done our utmost to safeguard and record the traditional techniques used so that at the very least the legacy of our founder Allan Shiers will not be lost. Ive seen tv shows about Cornwall and it just seems like a beautiful place! Fforgot to mention. Conceivably these levers might be placed on nylon/gut-strung harps without bridge pins and small diameter strings. You may have a look at Morleys at: https://www.morleyharps.co.uk/second-hand-harps-c102x2793724 (but at the moment, theres no second hand 34 string harp). Beautiful Myrtle wood. Now Im torn between L&H Prelude or a Dusty Strings FH36S. - Look at second-hand great quality harp : quality harps don't deteriorate if taken care of, so it's a real bargain. Other levers displace the string up and down, once more, a small amount, keeping the string spacing the same but moving the string out toward the hand of the player. A really solid lever body, with less of an in your face look than the Camacs and Delacours. Case & key. . I hope to visit there one day. I love that rich tone! The harp's musical heritage is deeply and passionately entrenched in Welsh culture, and the harp is undoubtedly our national instrument. Handle design allows one to flip several levers at once. But this is a large investment for anyone, and you should try and find a way to play before buying, dont worry about being a beginner just play what you can and see if the instrument is good for you. . It comes with detachable legs, a padded carrying case, tuning key and tuning device. There is a great range of harps available to order, from the 26 string Ravenna from Dusty Strings, a great small, portable harp with a professional sound, to the large 34 string Siff Saff from Telynau Teifi (Harp Centre of Wales) which is a fantastic student harp for those starting out who want a full size harp. Pay only the first months rent and delivery upfront. Built by Glen Hill in Oregon. Pedal Harps 50 tall, approximately 18 lbs. Vermont Violins is proud to offer harps from these fine instrument makers: By popular demand, we are pleased to offer fine Celtic style lever harps for rent or purchase. Please contact David by phone or email to dicuss these instruments. (hope that helps). Please contact David by phone or email to dicuss these instruments. In excellent condition, this harp is ready to travel with you. Case is available from Triplett for $320. We are a small studio, lacking the space to build or store shipping crates. It is available to view and may be played by anyone who would like to test the quality. For questions about this website, please contact us via our contact page. I dont know what Brexit will mean for the prices of Camac (from France, completely made in France) and Salvi (from Italy, though several parts are being made in China) and Lyon & Healy (officially from the US, but L&H is owned by Salvi and several parts aremade in China; these harps reach Europe through Italy). Did you find it in the US or straight from Teifi? Belonged to a professional harpist. From the recommendation of local teachers and performers, we have sourced excellent harps that offer the wonderful tone, craftsmanship, and beautyall at affordable rates. The not-for-profit community enterprise was founded in 2004 by harp maker Allan Shiers. Telynau Teifi Harps is a community business set up with help from Ceredigion County Council and the European Union in 2004 by harp-maker Allan Shiers. Nestled deep in the Welsh valleys, Telynau Teifi Harps are now globally respected for how they carry on the Welsh history and tradition of harp making and their stunning sounds. Maybe you could negotiate something like this if it is not offered spontaneously. How To Improve Finger Dexterity: Great Tips! Quality control is extremely variable although it has been reported to be enhancing. 33 strings, cherry wood, Full Robinson Levers, no case. Consignment harpsare left here for sale by a privateparty. If she cant accompany you, its important to have a checklist of all the things you need to know when selecting a second hand harp. Theyre, for sure, expensive. This looks like a really well priced harp from an established brand. Designed in the Nineteen Eighties by Peter Brough of Britain, these are very solid cast bronze that minimizes distortion. Theyre installed on Rees concert line harps and Harpsicle harps. Personally I agree with what others have suggested. Save hundreds off the price of new! Oren listened to my questions and with his knowledge of Salvi harps, his kind and professional demeanor put me at ease. Based in the heart of West Wales, Teifi Harps continues the long tradition of making the national instrument of Wales, building on 60 years of tradition and innovation. Fixed to the neck with a hex head machine screw (some makers use wood screws), the Loveland is discovered on many high-quality harps. New in 2000. This dragons. Often, a rental from a reputable shop comes with nice opportunities to get part (or even all) of your rental money back if you buy the harp (or sometimes even another harp) within a certain period, lets say half a year. Please note: This item is no longer being offered for sale! More robust than the Jordan, the Universal is an effective alternative for the hobby builder or to replace Robinsons on an economy harp. I thought- well, Ill wait until I can visit the UK again, and maybe find a USED instrument (not subject to duty, but still needs shipping). We extend a huge thank you to all our friends, customers and supporters who we know have appreciated our instruments in the way that only musicians can, and we hope very much that there will be new makers in the future to continue this legacy. SECOND HAND HARPS Click here to download the latest harp register It is just 25 to list your harp for sale - or just 20 for policy-holders. It serves as well for a young student as it does for a more advanced player's travel instrument. Below are some nice used harps we have already SOLD. The sharping levers allow the harper to play in different keys without having to retune the instrument. Most harps sound better when they have been played for a few years (or even just a few months). Peter makes these available to other luthiers and people who use them rave about them. This natural maple harp comes with a tuning key and cloth case. Text Us: +1 802 277 7050 for any queries / more product information. Is the pillar straight as viewed from the front? Full Loveland levers, padded case. We appraise them and make sure they are in tip top shape to provide value for our customers. It comes with detachable legs, a padded carrying case, tuning key and tuning device.