tauranga half ironman

Information can be subject tochange without notice. I understand that this waiver and indemnity extends to any and all liability, whether arising through the negligence, action, or inaction of any of the organisers, or otherwise. As such, athletes are also eligible to receive a 5% bonus on their ranking points, for their single best full distance performance within the 52-week rolling period. The Mount However, entry numbers are limited, and any entries received after the limits have been reached will not be accepted. 315 Tauranga Half Ironman Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images FILTERS CREATIVE EDITORIAL VIDEO 315 Tauranga Half Ironman Premium High Res Photos Browse 315 tauranga half ironman stock photos and images available, or start a new search to explore more stock photos and images. 3:42:07, smashing 3 minutes 31 seconds off the course times he took part in 2016 & 2017, so will be looking to Taking to Instagram, Frodeno announced he will be racing at the Athletic Brewing IRONMAN 70.3 Oceanside in April, followed by IRONMAN European Championship Hamburg in June, gearing up to an attempt to secure his fourth IRONMAN World Championship title in Nice, France in September. This years Tauranga Half brings together an incredible field of multisport athletes, with several past winners and former world champions, set to be on start line at Mount Maunganuis Pilot Bay. A great start to his year. Enter as an individual or in a team. The iconic Tauranga Half is has been part the the Mount Maunganui summer since 1990, making it one of New Zealand's longest running and most iconic triathlons. Any messages received shall be free for the recipient. Preparation has not been ideal since Ive been a little bit sick before I left home and of course the travel and the time shift didnt really help. fashioned an incredible multisport career with includes wins Yesterdays race at the 29th running of the Port of Tauranga half Ironman was the perfect last little hit out before some more big mileage training begins this week for the next 4 weeks. YET UNTITLED at Auckland Art Gallery Auditorium - A Living Art Work. Number Of Finishers 1 st Male 1 st Female; Half Ironman Individual 428: 03:45:38: 04:16:30: Half Ironman Individual Non Competitive 17: 04:47:00: 05:24:18: Half Ironman Relay 79: More>>, Howard Davis: The Menu Is A Dish Best Served Cold, Slicing and dicing the pretensions of haute cuisine, Mark Mylod skewers the egomania of bullying chefs and the captive consumers to whom they pander. 2011 is a week old and summer is in full swing. in the Coast to Coast, Asia Pacific Xterra Championship, Both are managed by Webmasters. Theres another former IRONMAN NZ champ lining up in Mike Phillips (NZL) while 2021 IRONMAN Western Australia champion Matt Burton (AUS) and three-time IRONMAN Switzerland winner Jan Van Berkel (SUI) are others to watch out for but Currie is very much the one to beat. In addition to the prize money, there are four qualifying slots (2MPRO / 2WPRO) on offer for the 2023 IRONMAN World Championship events in Kona (Pro Women) and Nice, France (Pro Men) note that Visser has already booked her spot. This is a preview of the race click on links to read how Mike Phillips came out on top after an epic all-Kiwi tussle in the mens race while Dutch athlete Els Visser ran out a clear-cut winner in the womens event. has won multiple world titles including the Ironman 70.3 I agree that there are no refunds in any circumstances after 1 December 2022. IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship Qualification Slots. Credits: Photo - Getty Images; Video - Newshub. I agree to pay such fees as the organiser may charge for this event. Another strong contender is 2019 race winner Mike Phillips, who went on to win Ironman NZ that year. I acknowledge that entry fees are non-transferable to other people, other events, or other years, nor are they refundable under any circumstance. more. sponsors) for promotional purposes relating to the event. cyber space to find all the latest news, gossip and information pertaining to his or her passion. 2016. Grow your brand authentically by sharing brand content with the internets creators. Entries fee will still apply so you are recommended to enter through the standard entry process to guarantee your entry. K226 triathlon is a hub of information to help the athlete tired from the riggers of a hard long training day easily navigate and transition through The organisers may make use of SMS text messages to inform competitors of any race updates or provide information pertinent to competitors. Another contender with an incredible record is Terenzo Bozzone. And the day was also notable for another reason as it marked the first in-competition trial of the RaceRanger drafting detection system. It awards a recipient participating in the Tauranga Half who lives Tonys values on their triathlon journey. Smith, former race record holder Braden Currie, 2019 multisport athletes in the country including Hannah Wells, Bike collection transition will be closed until all competitors have started on the run course (approx. With a prize purse of $15,500 (NZD) shared between the top five men and women, it invariably draws a quality field too. athlete, Braden Currie back at the Tauranga Half for the The. Swimming is not yet on the radar. For more information, please visit our athletes pageor head towww.ironman.com/im703-world-championshipfor the latest information from the World Champs team. But it was on the run where Clarke made what proved the winning move, surging from third to overhaul Watkinson and another two-time winner in Hannah Berry. Maximum of 2 children per adult. Hannah Wells will have plenty of home town support as she Individual Prize money will be paid following the results of Drug Testing. World Championships, and Ironman NZ in 2018, in a course I understand that information about my registration may be made available on the www.mountfestival.kiwi site and elsewhere if the event organiser allows it. the 23rd of the January.. 4th - 2019 Elite Female, Port of Tauranga Half Ironman. The Athlete Recovery Lounge is open to all athletes to take some time to rest up and re-energize after crossing the finish line. Congratulations to these competitors who have made it to the Loyalty Club! The Port of Tauranga Half is the country's premier Half Iron distance event and certainly one of the most popular races on the New Zealand racing calendar; with entries selling out in previous years. He has won multiple world titles including the Ironman 70.3 World Championships, and Ironman NZ in 2018, in a course record time. Teresa Adam & Rebecca Clark. It doesnt really count without having him on the start line. Here's how it went. The race icon band and race card aremanaged by Webmasters. The Tauranga Half was the headline event for the Fulton Hogan Mount Festival of Multisport which also featured the Enduro long distance triathlon, Aquabike event which feature a swim then bike . Another strong contender is 2019 race Start time and tracking. incredible field of multisport athletes, with several past more, trong running performances in brutally hot conditions have earned Aucklander Jack Moody and Australian Grace Thek titles at the Integrity Homes Challenge Wanaka half today (Feb 18). elite field has also assembled the best long distance "Depends how the race plays out, to be honest, could get tougher than I like or it could be quite a good race, smooth sailing, so we'll see," he said. Both are managed by Webmasters. She now has her name on race roll of honour. But having broken her duck she wasted no time in adding a second title against a strong field. Flat, easy course, great for first timers Distance 2km swim, 90km bike Entry Perks Medal, goody bag & epic finish line experience Entry Fees Individual Entries Available! winner Mike Phillips, former Ironman 70.3 world champ Pilot Bay Swim 800m Participants must be over 14 years of age on event day to participate. The Tauranga Half at Mount Manganui, New Zealand is one of the longest standing events on the Kiwi triathlon calendar and home favourites Braden Currie and Rebecca Clarke defended their titles in style. The 38-year-old has been in New Zealand for a few weeks to acclimatise ahead of the event, also based in Wanaka, but has endured a difficult preparation after picking up an illness prior to flying over. The biggest elite field to compete at a New Zealand triathlon event has assembled in Tauranga, and sets up an intriguing battle for the title of half-Ironman champion. at Mount Maunganuis Pilot Bay. athletes. The men will start at 7:50am local time, with the women setting off two minutes later. Second last year to Kyle Smith when Smiths winning margin was just 10 seconds Currie was back on top of the podium today, adding to previous wins in 2016 and 2017. TRI247's Chief Correspondent, John has been involved in the sport for well over 30 years, 15 of those writing on these pages. August 21st, Ironman Copenhagen, Denmark - 6th. With a history dating back to 1990, the Tauranga Half at Mount Manganui, New Zealand is one of the longest standing events on the Kiwi triathlon calendar. Saturday also marks the last time 12-time IRONMAN New Zealand champion Cameron Brown will race the event as a professional athlete. "I'm excited for it, I've done some really good training up to this race, and I just have to do what I can do out there and just do my best and see how that stacks up," Berry said. We will never share your email address or spam you. Prize Giving Prize Giving will be at 5:00pm in Coronation Park. The Getty Images design is a trademark of Getty Images. The 32-year-old heads into Saturdays race full of confidence off the back of a second-place finish in December at the 2022 GWM IRONMAN Western Australia in Busselton, which also qualified her for the 2023 VinFast IRONMAN World Championship in Kona, Hawaii. Obviously I have goals for the race, a podium would be nice, Ive trained a little bit with Braden and I think its going to be very tough to beat him.. Nominee must be nominated by someone other than themself (coach, friend, club etc), Nominee must be entered in the Tauranga Half 2023, Nominee cannot be a past recipient of the Tony OHagan Cup. Please submit your, This registration link should match the Race Registration Status on the race card. Watch the video above for the full story. Tauranga Half results, New Zealand Saturday 21st January 20231.9km / 90km / 21.1km. "Every time you line up on the start line you want to win and being NZ champ is extra motivation," Amelia Watkinson said. It was all smiles today, but come to Saturday, it's game on. More>>, Ten film-makers from Australia, New Zealand, and the South Pacific have produced a melange of varied, but thematically linked experiences in We Are Still Here. Her return sets up a thrilling battle against the NZ Ironman champion Hannah Berry. Covid-19: We ask that anyone feeling unwell stays home. winning all nine events that she competed in, and continued To find out more, refer to our Privacy & Cookie Policy. January 9th, New Zealand Half Ironman Championships, Tauranga - 3rd. After the event, Smith This registration link should match the Race Registration Status on the race card. Terenzo Bozzone, and ten time race winner Cameron Ackermann was making her middle distance debut. The best of the best in elite and age group categories race for national titles and the chance to gain selection into the New Zealand Long Distance Triathlon Team. Finishers certificates will be available to download fromresults.racetiming.co.nzafter your race. General Manager of the Fulton Hogan Mount Festival Lauren Watson says that the elite field for the 2021 Tauranga Half is the strongest it has been in over a decade. Pressio Mount Festival Half Marathon 5km must be at least 5 years of age on event day to be ticketed. K226 triathlon is a hub of information to help the athlete tired from the riggers of a hard long training day easily navigate and transition through With just under 6 weeks to Ironman New Zealand I'm pleased with my current form. The race iconsshould match what's displayed on the race card. Massage Post race massage will be available in the Athlete Recovery Lounge. In the men's field, defending champion Braden Currie is eyeing a fourth title. In choosing to enter this event, I agree to the following terms and conditions: I also agree that only entries received with prior approval from the race office will be accepted. Athletes wanting to challenge themselves with an athletic endeavor, final entries can be made at www.mountfestival.kiwi, MALE ELITETerenzo BozzoneCameron BrownKyle SmithBraden CurrieBrendon BergsJack MoodyJacob HendrickxJason HuntLucas DuRossMike PhillipsMatt KerrOlly ShawRob MearsSimon Cochrane, FEMALE ELITEHannah WellsTeresa AdamClaire BadenhorstEmily McnaughtanHannah HowellMelanie BurkeNikkola MathewsRebecca Clarke, The 18th edition of the ISUZU IRONMAN African Championship is set to take place on March 05, 2023. splitting her time in recent years between triathlon and her All rights reserved. The festival is an iconic one for the triathlon The fastest run split of the day 1:11:37 allowed Jack Moody to take the silver. March 5th, New Zealand Ironman - 1st. Finishers medals will be presented to all individual competitors at the finish line who finish within the cut off time. He won the event that last two times he took part in 2016 & 2017, so will be looking to reclaim his crown on the 23rd of January. Copy the layout container with original content. Organize, control, distribute and measure all of your digital content. IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship Qualification Slots. See below for the custom classes needed for this page (CSS must match exactly): When added correctly, a gray language label will span the layout container. I agree to comply with all the event rules, regulations, and instructions in respect of this event and as notified to me in the entry information or otherwise by the event organisers and officials. A medical certificate may be requested in order to grant any transfers for injury or illness. Last years runner-up Rebecca Clark is another strong contender for the Tauranga Half title, while the likes of Melanie Burke and Emily McNaughton should feature prominently. Pilot Bay. One of Tonys most recognised achievements was racing the Tauranga Half 25 times and winning it 3 times. This early season event offers men's and women's qualifying slots to the VinFast IRONMAN World Championship in Nice, France on September 10, 2023 (men), and Kailua-Kona, Hawai`i on October 14, 2023 (women). Find Port Of Tauranga Half Ironman stock photos and editorial news pictures from Getty Images. Taking to Instagram, Frodeno announced he will be racing at the Athletic Brewing IRONMAN 70.3 Oceanside in April, followed by IRONMAN European Championship Hamburg in June, gearing up to an attempt to secure his fourth IRONMAN World Championship title in Nice, France in September. With just under 6 weeks until Ironman New Zealand, it's safe to say that I am pleased with my current form. The Tauranga Half boasts more than $27,000 in cash and prizes. I agree to participate at my own risk. Events Number Of Finishers . The full-distance racing season gets into gear this weekend with an IRONMAN double-header starting in Taupo before the action moves to South Africa. That was more than two minutes ahead of Watkinson, with Berry rounding out the podium. Ports of Tauranga Half Ironman . Course Maps Swim Map + Bike Map + Athlete Information 2023 Entry Fees Individual Opening Special: $197 1/04/22 - 03/04/22 Early bird Rate: $230 04/04/22 - 30/06/22 How to follow the race: Social media Follow @IRONMANOceania on Instagram or @IRONMANewZealand on Facebook, Download the app Follow leader boards and timing splits on the IRONMAN Oceania mobile app or the desktop tracker, Finish line camera Available via the mobile app or here on YouTube Livestream. Accomplish a goal Tick your next challenge off your bucket list with one of NZ's most loved races Location One of the most beautiful courses in the world. These are limited and are not guaranteed. NZEI Te Riu Roa Educators To Discuss Employment Offer, Further Action, Opening Of New UCOL Te Pkenga Healthcare Education Centre Celebrated. Tauranga will host one of New Zealand's strongest triathlon fields, bringing the likes of Kiwi Watkinson home for the first time in four years. It was my 20th race at this event and it's always a highlight over summer. Its fast, flat and boasts some of NZs most iconic scenery. Currie has fashioned an incredible multisport career with includes wins in the Coast to Coast, Asia Pacific Xterra Championship, Ironman NZ and Ironman Asia Pacific Champs. For more information, . MetService And Maritime New Zealand Partner To Help Paddleboarders Stay Safe Whi Womens Refuge Backs Latest Research Linking Intimate Partner Violence To Long-t Stroke Charities Join Together To Reduce Stroke, Improve Outcomes And Save Lives, Pharmac Releases Final Response To Review, World Hearing Day 2023: Ear And Hearing Care For All, Psychological Recovery From Disasters Needs Support. Also on the Fulton Proceed to edit the page elements and replace copy with the updated language. Pilot Bay Swim 2km Participants must be over 16 years of age on event day to participate. Five-time IRONMAN New Zealand champion Meredith Kessler (USA) is a name that has become synonymous with the event in recent years and she heads here five-months post-partum after giving birth to her second son, Crew, last year. Tony OHagan was a top triathlete and coach who tragically passed away in 2020.