sweet home alabama ending credits pictures

Reese and I met each other for like thirty seconds on American Psycho, so we had no comprehension of each other whatsoever, and she didnt have any memory of meeting me, whatsoever, he laughed. 5:02. 7 biggest mistakes in Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens, The 20 biggest mistakes in The Wizard of Oz, 40 biggest mistakes in The Big Bang Theory, 6 Cool things you've never noticed in movies, The biggest mistakes in the Harry Potter movies, 25 mistakes you never noticed in great movies, 7 mistakes in Beetlejuice you never spotted, More questions & answers from Sweet Home Alabama. The cat had cancer and Melanie wanted it to die a "humane" death. Tagged: Sweet Home Alabama, First Love. My memory was that Andy felt I'm the guy and then he really went to bat for me. I was like, "Who are you?". ), Lucas: I frankly haven't run into Reese since making the movie. Free or royalty-free photos and images. Fred Ward's character is racist, says Tennant. You can also see this in the pictures at the end of the movie. Get it? "I don't care about your past, all I want to know is if there's a place for me in your future.". Melanie realises she didn't sign the divorce papers at the altar so she is still married to Jake. (Witherspoon's rep told Insider she was unavailable to be interviewed for this story. Bloodhounds are the most amazing dogs, but they aren't good film dogs. The early stuff in the movie, Melanie coming to Jake's house with the divorce papers for him to sign, we rehearsed that and there's a friction in the relationship and a real sense of love and passion underneath the surface. Free Sweet home Alabama tab for the acoustic guitar. Melanie Carmichael: The truth is I gave my heart away a long time ago, my whole heart, and I never really got it back. It was a Civil War reenactment going on eight or 10 miles away. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds a critical score of 38% based on 159 reviews, with an average rating of 5.19/10. I had never done anything at that scale before. Pet cemeteries, just like human, have sturdy stone headstones to withstand the elements, not plastic. It works because of the talents of those two actors. This film received mostly mixed reviews from critics. As my mom and I left, I got attacked basically by paparazzi. Watch Sweet Home Alabama: 10th Anniversary Edition. George Watters II. With a reported budget of US$30 million, it was a box office hit, despite the mixed reviews. In 1975, Van Zant said: "The lyrics about the governor of Alabama were misunderstood. Visible crew/equipment: As Melanie is walking across the battlefield looking for her father she steps across 'dead bodies'. During Melanie and Andrew's wedding at the Carmichael estate, a lawyer arrives and halts the ceremony. [13] Van Zant said: "Wallace and I have very little in common. Melanie's New York friends arrive for the event. The coonhound cemetery was on Moore Street in Crawfordville and the bar was located at Heavy's Barbecue near the town. Katharine Towne was cast as Witherspoon's character's assistant who ultimately ends up marrying the Patrick Dempsey character, but all other scenes were dropped in the final cut. Song listed in our famous tablatures. What is humane about blowing it up and if it was gonna die of cancer all those years ago why is it still roaming around town? Witherspoon plays Melanie, a successful fashion designer who's based in New York and engaged to McDreamy. Feb 27, 2003. U kunt uw keuzes te allen tijde wijzigen door te klikken op de links 'Privacydashboard' op onze sites en in onze apps. A young woman who has reinvented herself as a New York City socialite must return home to Alabama to obtain a divorce from her husband after seven years of separation.A young woman who has reinvented herself as a New York City socialite must return home to Alabama to obtain a divorce from her husband after seven years of separation.A young woman who has reinvented herself as a New York City socialite must return home to Alabama to obtain a divorce from her husband after seven years of separation. I'm talking every single person on the movie. Tennant: I think we were tipping our hand to racial undertones. That part was eventually cut out of the movie. And she asked me what I was doing, and I was like, "We just wrote a movie, but I don't know if it's ever going to get made." But the main thing that happened when we were down there was we were having lunch and we heard these booms in the distance and it was like, "What the fuck is that?" Add a different answer. Sweet Home Alabama. Danganronpa has little in the way of straight-up romance, but boy do the creators love teasing the hell out of some ships, especially ones that end in . Baca juga: Sinopsis Serial Grown-ish, Tayang di Disney+ Hotstar. When Melanie's mom says stuff like, "Go get them Yankees," and we play it for laughs, I don't know. Busy city girl comes to her rural idealic small town. Everyone was pretty much in the same zone, said Lucas in an interview with IGN. The supporting cast includes Fred Ward, Mary Kay Place, Jean Smart, Candice Bergen, Ethan Embry, and Melanie Lynskey. But theres still something of a case of what-if here. As Melanie is walking across the battlefield looking for her father she steps across 'dead bodies'. So I went home and talked to my wife and she said, "I was proposed to at Tiffany's." Lucas: I'll get stopped by firemen on the street in New York City and they will be like, "I hate romantic comedies, but I love that one." If the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, what is Melanie's daughter like? Always Be My Maybe. Trivia: During the film's original outdoor reception Jake carries Melanie, who feigns death after having supposedly been struck by a lightening bolt, towards the wedding guests. Cue tissues. [7] By the end of its run in the United States, Sweet Home Alabama grossed over US$130 million, and another US$53,399,006 internationally. Tagged: Sweet Home Alabama, First Love. He made her feel things she didn't want to feel anymore and it erupted. Download Sweet Home Alabama stock photos. I think I had seen the movie before then and thought it was great, but I didn't get the feeling that anyone else did. 31 What does Andrew's mother do for a living in "Sweet Home Alabama"? The stuff she does in every take is wonderful. Melanie doesn't know this. "sweet home alabama" written by ronnie van zant, gary robert rossington, edward c. king. Tennant: I think what happens is you get the cast you deserve Reese was coming off a huge hit with "Legally Blonde," Patrick Dempsey had done movies before but he was the '80s heartthrob and this was his start as a leading man, and then Josh was unknown so I think if there was any kind of nervousness on Josh's part he should have seen what it was like in my head. Even though theyd known each other for a while prior to working together, Reese didnt remember who he was! Use them in commercial designs under lifetime, perpetual & worldwide rights. Lucas: I was scared of being famous. Addresses are not passed on to any third party, and are used solely for direct communication from this site. Mountain View, California - August 31, 1991 - Old used ticket for the concert of, Sweet Home Alabama Stock Photos, Images & Pictures. This is why Reese says, "People need a passport to come down here." Welcome to Sweet Home Alabama Road Sign in Alabama USA, Entering Sweet Home Alabama Road Highway Welcome Sign, Sweet home alabama welcome sign at rest area stop off highway, Welcome Sign to Sweet Home Alabama Road along Interstate 10 Photo Image, Aerial photo Welcome to Sweet Home Alabama USA, Alabama We Dare Defend Our Rights State Motto, George Wallace Plaque Alabama Visitors Center, Old used ticket for the concert of Lynyrd Skynyrd at Shoreline Amphitheatre. The reaction of Melanie's mother at the supposed death of her daughter apparently upset the test audiences so much, that the production crew reshot the whole reception scene, minus the practical joke. The scene cuts to Fred Ward, playing Melanie's father, giving a snarky look as the two talk. He moved to New York City in the mid-1990s and began acting onstage while getting bit parts in movies like "American Psycho" and "You Can Count on Me." Jake: It's funny how they do. The song is credited to Matthew Shafer, Waddy Wachtel, R.J. Ritchie, Leroy Marinell, Warren Zevon, Edward King, Gary Rossington and Ronnie Van Zant. Not many people have heard of a bologna cake the idea to include it in the film came from one of the script re-writers who actually had this happen when he got engaged to his fiancee from Indiana. The scene cuts to Fred Ward, playing Melanie's father, giving a snarky look as the two talk. Lynyrd Skynyrd wrote "Sweet Home Alabama" as a response to "Southern Man" and as a way to show rock fans that the South was . Sweet Home Alabama. To mark the 20th anniversary of the movie's theatrical release, Insider spoke with Tennant and Lucas, who shared never-before-told stories about the making of the movie, including details about the original ending that needed to be reshot, the multiple slaps to the face Lucas took from Witherspoon for a scene that ended up being cut, and how the rom-com almost starred Charlize Theron. We were just catching up and I asked, "What have you been up to?" And she said, "I made this movie nobody is going to see. Lucas: I know Andy has written something but I've never read it. Everyone had passed on it in town. I've done two movies with her, I did "Ever After" and this. Witherspoon landed the lead role ahead of Charlize Theron, who was also considered, and the movie which co-stars Josh Lucas and Patrick Dempsey then plays out as something of a fairy tale. In the original draft of Sweet Home Alabama there was a character with an entire subplot named Erin Vanderbilt. Lucas: There were a few dogs who played Bryant, but the main one, in the scene where he jumps off the dock and swims for the bone, in order to do that scene the dog needed to jump and he wouldn't do it. Melanie , Jake , Sweet Home Alabama. (Insider contacted Lynskey to be interviewed for this story but didn't get a response.) Jake pulls her away and tells her to go home, back to New York City. Some of it was, "Josh, punch line. Like Melanie and Jake in "Sweet Home Alabama," Sasha (Ali Wong) and Marcus (Randall Park) are childhood best friends, growing up next door to each other in . And it was cold out that night. We shot it at the actual Tiffany's in New York City. I think he was a stock-car driver. Top editors give you the stories you want delivered right to your inbox each weekday. ", Tennant: There was never a named actor attached to play Jake. Thanks to the on-screen chemistry between Witherspoon and Lucas that fuels the movie along with the great supporting cast that included Fred Ward, Jean Smart, Melanie Lynskey, Ethan Embry, Mary Kay Place, and a very young Dakota Fanning "Sweet Home Alabama" has become a beloved rom-com classic. In the scene where Jake is driving Andrew to find Melanie, he tells the story about the cat. caitlyn smith starfire vinyl. Separate from membership, this is to get updates about mistakes in recent releases. Melanie visits Jake, who has repeatedly refused to sign divorce papers over the years since she left for New York. During the film's original outdoor reception Jake carries Melanie, who feigns death after having supposedly been struck by a lightening bolt, towards the wedding guests. In a sequence of them Melanie's parents are "scared" by a punk with a pierced tongue, Mel's co-worker from the beginning of the movie, who comments on her accent when she dreams. In Sweet Home Alabama, she's a poor Southern lass who reinvents herself as a Big Apple socialitethen finds it almost impossible to go home again. Expand. There was a silence on the phone for quite a while. Access your favorite topics in a personalized feed while you're on the go. Melanie finds Jake at the beach planting lightning rods in the sand during a rainstorm to create more glass sculptures. Tennant: That's a scene you don't expect in this kind of movie. And my agent said, "We spoke to them and they thought you were great and they are going to bring you back." Reese brings that in the scene and I think I do too. D In Birmingham they C love the G Gov'nor F Boo C hoo D hoo ! The Carmichael Plantation, which Melanie tells the reporter is her childhood home, is the Oak Hill Berry Museum, a historic landmark in Georgia which is near the campus of Berry College in Rome, Georgia. It was also the first film allowed to film at Tiffany's since Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961). Another part of "Sweet Home Alabama" was also controversial in its reference to George Wallace, the governor of Alabama and supporter of racial segregation: In Birmingham, they love the governor (boo boo boo) There's this motto: Act like a movie star and people will treat you like a movie star. For Reese, her accent came very quickly. And I was like, "Hell, yeah, let's take it.". In the two decades since it was made, "Sweet Home Alabama" went from an unwanted script to a surprise box-office hit to a rom-com classic. Now Watergate does not bother me Lucas: We did that six to 10 times. It reached number eight on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1974, becoming the . It's just a thing. Sweet Home Alabama is a romantic comedy starring Reese Witherspoon, Patrick Dempsey and Josh Lucas. Tennant: Yeah. Filming in New York City. Tennant: When I hear people still holding it dear to their heart I end up calling Josh and going, "God, I wish we were making Sweet Home Alabama 2. Jake walks in holding an unconscious Melanie and announces to the room, Melanie Carmichael is dead. The guests are gobsmacked, then he says, Long live Felony Melanie and Witherspoons character pulls a Harry Potter, jolts awake and gives him a kiss. Kid Rock's 2008 song "All Summer Long" interpolates "Sweet Home Alabama" on the chorus and uses the guitar solo and piano outro, as well as the "turn it up" shout before the guitar solo; Billy Powell is featured on the track. Most of the downtown scenes were filmed in Crawfordville and Taliaferro County. So we were talking to a waitress and we got into this whole conversation with some of the locals about how this is what it must have felt like back during the Civil War hearing those cannons not too far from where you were. That I wasn't working. I mean, truly attacked. Charlize Theron was originally sought out to play the lead role of Melanie Carmichael, but because there was an actors strike at the time, she had jumped to do the film Trapped. Jake asserts that they will be married one day, whether they are cousins or not. sweet home alabama ending credits pictures. Everyone is in shock. Melanie follows and gets drunk, insults her old school friends, and outs her longtime friend, Bobby Ray. Josh Lucas was the first to admit in his interview with IGN that hes not the best at comedy, so he relied on his co-star, Reese Witherspoon for help. See production, box office & company info, Reese Witherspoon sweet performance makes this work. Weekend Song. During that time, he was offered "Sweet Home Alabama.". Josh and I continue to lobby Reese, but she's busy. And they were both like, "Put it back.". Wynn's Pond in Sharpsburg, Georgia, is the location where Jake lands his plane. Does your conscience bother you? And I was like, "I've known her since she was 15. It is still roaming town because it somehow survived the attempt to blow it up and it either never had cancer or has gone into remission. And I was like, "I cut six frames out of his close up." Buena Vista Pictures; Alyssa Powell/Insider, TIMOTHY WHITE/TOUCHSTONE/KOBAL/SHUTTERSTOCK. Sweet Home Alabama Lyrics . 15. Andrew arrives to surprise Melanie, but upon learning her true background and that she never told him she was married, he angrily leaves. The film cost some $30m, and would gross $127m in the US alone, off the back of a massive $35m opening in September of that year. On a beach in the fictional town of Pigeon Creek, Alabama, 10-year-old Jake Perry and Melanie Smooter inspect the result of lightning striking sand. Ronnie and I were sitting there, and he kept saying, 'play that again'. I really broke my accent years ago. All rights reserved. The site's critics consensus reads: "Reese Witherspoon is charming enough, but the road to Alabama is well-traveled. And then "Legally Blonde" came out, and I got a call from the studio and they were like, "What do you think of Reese Witherspoon?" Earl Smooter: You can't ride two horses with one ass, sugarbean. By clicking Sign up, you agree to receive marketing emails from Insider Mary H. Ellis. They then go and dance as the Lynyrd Skynyrd song "Sweet Home Alabama" plays. All rights reserved. Trivia: Erin Vanderbilt, the woman that Andrew is shown marrying at the end originally had a bigger part, but test audiences misunderstood her relationship with Andrew before breaking up with Melanie, so all of Erin's scenes were cut except for that small bit over the credits.