sks mag mod

In fact, the layman can typically install the mount, making his rifle range ready, within 30 minutes. JavaScript is disabled. Read all warnings and instructions provided with firearms or on carton before using. not only helps ensure proper service but can mitigate the unintentional detonation of soft primers. Promag Sks, Pro Sksa4 Mag Sks 7.62x39 30rd Gun #: 930643144 Seller: GunFactory $46.91 Full Details 1 Image (s) Sported Russian SKS Gun #: 961794758 Seller: Randall Burns $950.00 Full Details 5 Image (s) CDI/Russia SKS 7.62x39mm Rifle Gun #: 907645334 Seller: allgunsonline GA Sales: 81 $1,195.00 Full Details More from this Seller 1 Image (s) . When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted. I have a couple of them that I use in my Ak when bench shooting. Rick Lowes leather ammunition carrier affords a proper cheekweld. Took everything to the range and ran 30 rounds through it 3 times with zero malfunctions. The stock shipped. AK Style SKS Magazine Release. While such a condition can be minimized by removing excess carbon, debris and cosmoline, the SKSs corresponding firing pin and bolt hole tapers are still prone to binding. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION. I didn't want to remove more mass from the bolt than needed. ok first of all lets talk turkey.. if you want a already made ak mag sks they are about as expensive (sometimes more) as a regular ak.. And extra space for extended-capacity magazines ensures you have plenty of firepower on tap." . 1. The average conversion kit will run you another $350 (at the high end $650). The best mods for the SKS are those that tend to fix the few shortcomings of the SKS Rifle. Said SKS is a Chinese model, seller tells me that it has been modified for detachable magazines. Unfortunately, XXX is no longer with us (. $79.99, Sale Clean bolt. We specialize in all military surplus weapons from AK-47s, AR-15s, Mausers, CETME, Enfields, UZIs, and much more! Model. Don't see Joe's threads get revived so oftenthat is a very neat gun KTF.nice to see you post here too. Knowing the history of how Russia releases information, its designs may have started before then but that's purely speculation. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. When it comes to 20th century Soviet-era small arms, the 7.62x39mm AK-47 may be the weapon that first comes to mind. The Tapco doesn't so the stripper clip doesn't go down far enough and the rounds have about 1/8" to 1/4" of free fall before they hit the mag follower. 4135. Drum (1) SKS Magazine (3) Stripper Zip (1 . The kit includes the CNC-machined and heat-treated 17-4 stainless steel firing pin, two springs, written instructions and a photographic cutaway, and it proved easy to install on the Yugo. The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1. FAB Defense M4 SKS SB Stock System, w/ Shock Absorbing M4 Tube & Buttstock $324.99. For more than two centuries, Westley Richards has produced some of the worlds finest firearms, each wearing a timeless and classic look with bespoke flourishes. There is a ton of info here, not just on the SKS either, and a bunch of great guys(and a few gals) so post up an intro thread get to know us and let us get to know you. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. An included pin spanner makes removal of the original cross bolt nut easy. The second unit, installed on the Yugo, was the SKS See Thru Scope Mount ($110) from Brass Stacker. We specialize in the sale of firearms, ammunition, magazines, military surplus, tactical gear and more. These rifles will vary in condition. I appreciate the tutorial, but I will just push up on the little tang with my finger before I remove any material from my bolt lol. $17.84, Special Price I can't seat the pmag at all, and the . (, In this case, we chose to investigate one safety-related upgrade and two styles of forward optics mounts, along with a stock accessoryall of which conveyed distinct advantages to our commercially imported Chinese Norinco and Yugoslavian military Model 59 examples. There is also a 30-round mag and a - *gasp* - 75-round drum, for those who are interested. easy install. It is easy to assume that if you purchased a clean SKS that the cosmoline was also removed from the bolt, but one should not take the easy way out. If you leave a gun loaded or unloaded where a child or unauthorized person obtains and improperly uses it, you may be fined or sent to prison or both. Again, the barrel diameter may be different from one inch to the next, but you can buy a much nicer bipod this way that will hold up over time. I have two types of magazines. المتخلف&, http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MAG634-36.html, http://www.milsurpstuff.com/products.asp?cat=25&pg=2, http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MAG600-1.html, http://www.survivalistboards.com/album.php?albumid=293&pictureid=6544, Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum. 4. 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. I do not have an origin of that particular stock, however I do have another M in the database with that same exact stock. How to zero a red dot without iron sights. Cerakote vs powder coat: Which one should you choose? Failing that, sell the SKS and roll the money into an AK. If you want something that takes an AK mag either buy the SKS model D or SKS model M which are both factory made to take the AK mags. Both of which means it handles recoil better than its sexier sister. Help us gain knowledge by entering your Chinese SKS into the Survey located at the, SKS rifles with AK-47 magazine capability, Re: SKS rifles with AK-47 magazine capability, Quote from: Justin Hell on September 29, 2014, 01:12:43 AM, Quote from: bbush44 on September 29, 2014, 11:21:22 AM, Quote from: edritchey on September 29, 2014, 05:51:18 PM, Quote from: Power Surge on December 13, 2017, 11:53:17 PM, HOT DAMN Commercial SKS EXPERT YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaa, AC/T84 "D" KS-30 MC-5D "M" NR Sporter 63 93. The only original part of the rifle that must be set aside is the rear sight elevator. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. SKS generally more accurate than AKs and longer barrel of a SKS gives better ballistic performance 3.Lots of people just can't accept a firearm for what it is and have to do something to change it. Each one is individually hand-crafted, stitched and stamped with a makers mark by master knifemaker Rick Lowe in Candler, N.C. Women On Target Instructional Shooting Clinics, Volunteer At The Great American Outdoor Show, Marion P. Hammer Women Of Distinction Award, Women's Wildlife Management / Conservation Scholarship, National Youth Shooting Sports Cooperative Program, FN to Produce Prototypes for U.S. Army Squad Automatic Rifle Program, Fear & Loading: Cobalt Kinetics and MARS Inc. The SKS is a WWII era Soviet Block semi-auto weapon with a ten round box magazine that is loaded via stripper clips. Two holes, similar to the ones in the "M" and "D" models must be drilled in the stock. Original SKS Spike Bayonet Full Length 15 " with Mounting Hardware $39.95 $13.40 shipping 8 watching Chinese SKS Wood Stock (No Number) $145.00 Free shipping SKS Bolt Dust Cover, Chinese Rifle Original Part $46.00 5 bids $6.95 shipping 8h 15m Chinese SKS Paratrooper 11" Spike Bayonet New Old Stock $59.95 $10.95 shipping Only 1 left! Help us gain knowledge by entering your Chinese SKS into the Survey located at the Chinese SKS Guide. For the US consumer, its fixed magazine makes it legal in most states, and in many cases . Yep Tapco mags are the best. I am pretty sure Tapco were making bolts like that couple years ago. There are a few with decent reviews, but none of them will last you all that long based on what Ive read. Things like a removeable magazine, a clip pouch on the buttstock, and adding an optic rail to allow for better precision are great places to start. He has put together some information on the SKS trigger here. The information on this site will definitely lead to the alteration of old military rifles. Sorry if this is a dead thread, but just found it after years of using the Weebly site. It in no way increases the amount you pay and helps us stay in business. We like to stack'em deep and sell'em cheap, so you can expect When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Caliber: 7.62x39mm Barrel Length: 20" Action: Semi-Automatic Frame: Steel Frame w/ Wooden Stock Magazine Capacity: 10rds Magazine Type: Fixed Sights: Adjustable Iron Sights Bayonet: Spike Bayonet. The Norinco SKS magazine well can be modified to accept AK-style magazines using a few gunsmith techniques and tools. Here's how I removed that magazine so I could use an aftermarket 5-round detachable magazine to make my rifle legal for hunting. Drop the bolt and you are ready to fire. This service performed for $50 plus shipping . Once you modify your SKS to accept AK mags, it can't be returned to original condition. First off is always use common sense when selecting a mag. The SKS is a little meatier than the AK 47 and has a wider buttstock. I took the photos in high def, I hope they come thru that way. Buy multiple magazines, and have spare adapters available! ^ what have you done to make your sks a tool of destruction ? You Save: $11.96. Quality ammo can help you increase accuracy and enjoy your shooting experience. $199.99, Special Price ProMag SKS 7.62x39 Drum Magazine 50 Rounds Polymer Target Sports SKS Magazine Black Warrior 7.62x39 30 Round Blue JMAZ. -. $52.99, Special Price Of course, as its name suggests, the U.S.-made mount allows use of the original irons even with an optic in place. A spring-retracted firing pin kit ($43) from Texas gunsmith. Check out our list of the best combat knives. The firing pin on the SKS was built to stand up to military ammo with hard primers. This will require some filing and modification to the factory wood stock, but the reviews for the magazine have been very good, as expected with Tapco. The easiest way is to turn on debug mode through the Anomaly launcher, press f1, load into the test map, go to main menu, press f1, press f7, open item spawner, go to ammo and scroll down where you will see all of the magazines. Used by over 42 militaries in the last 60+ years, the SKS is a classic war rifle. Head to the range this week with American Rifleman staff as they discuss a trim little repeater from Savage Arms that comes chambered for the .22 WMR cartridge. Box Magazine: Not that the stripper clip isn't effective and quick, but this . That's a neat find LK! So for $12 I decided to give this a try. Order today. Dec 2, 2012. Its steel Picatinny rail measures 3516" and has eight cross slots. Although Sergei Simonovs SKS had a relatively short service historybeing rapidly eclipsed by Mikhail Kalashnikovs more widespread and famous AKthe tough, stripper-clip-fed infantry arm, which was based on an anti-tank rifle action, is nonetheless deserving of consideration by anyone seeking a reliable semi-automatic rifle chambered in the 7.62x39 mm cartridge. This does have the short gas system from what I can see.correct? $20.47. Sks - ak47 mag conversion Rose G 410 subscribers Subscribe 942 220K views 10 years ago In this video I talk about the steps taken to convert any sks to run ak47 mags.