rory mcilroy grip close up

A powerful, compact backswing is essential for creating good contact with the ball. I tend to get a little quick in the transition from backswing to downswing, especially as tournaments get closer to Sunday and I've got a chance to win. Terms of Service I have been studying Rory's swing a little for my own interest. DUBLIN, Ohio Rory McIlroy changed his putting grip in March after his first missed cut of the year. Quinton knew a better way had to exist to learn this game we all love. Rorys setup is pretty textbook. When does a horse reach emotional maturity? He loads up to the top. When did Dylan Henley win his second PGA Tour title? Twenty is a lot of wins, but for those who have been following his. If you hold the club too tightly, your golf shots are going to probably go off towards the right. That makes his lead hand strong and his trail hand weak.. One of the big things I've been working on since the end of last year is keeping my head from dipping as I take the club back. Phase 1 of the C4 Ballstriking Mastery Program starts with mastering consistency. Rory picked up the ball and threw it in a lake, then the guy got arrested. Much appreciative of the compliments from downunder. Related: Sergio Garcia finally explains reason behind Wentworth WD that saw him fined Rory revealed that he received the text message while doing an interview with the Irish Independent, saying, "He was basically telling me to shut up about LIV, blah, blah, blah . Rory Mcilroy's go to shot is the high draw with any club in the bag. To feel like his right arm is straightening in the downswing and compressing the ball, which in turn helps his chest face towards the target at impact and improves his downswing sequence. Ball position is pretty much perfect as far as where the bottom of the swing arc is going to be. With Ron Kaspriske. A Want more club head speed? Hey David. This is going to be one of the big differences with going to a wider base here. That is definitely lower body stability, and definitely stalling the hips to a maximum. and after the event, Rory said that his game felt just as it did back in his two-major winning 2015 season. It appears to be a slight adjustment. I think of it as a small shift toward the target, then the left knee starts turning left. Matsuyamas swing is a picture of purity. All Three FedEx Cup Playoff Events Won by SuperStroke Users. Practically all accomplished golfers, from pros to the club level, match their left and right hands on the handle. Okay, so its rotating. Rory McIlroy is a professional golfer with a net worth of $170 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth. At GolfWRX, we are a community of like-minded individuals that all experience and express our enjoyment of the game in many ways. This causes Spieths left arm to bend slightly while his left wrist bows outward at the top of the backswing. You have reached the maximum number of submissions for today. In this video, Ill show you how to release your club to stop slicing and get better com Learning how to properly square the club face at impact is something that most amateur gol Learning how to hit a fade is all about learning to control the release of the golf club. Generally, a strong, well-executed swing with a club designed for maximum distance can send a golf ball up to 300-400 yards with a driver travelling 105 mph. One thing I have noticed from the down the the line view is that the club head comes into the ball from underneath the ball to right elbow plane. This is the best way to get an accurate read on a green quickly. How do points work in the official World Golf Ranking? I'll share some of the things I'm working on with my driver to get ready for the Masters. It took me 45. In part 2 of this new 7 part video series, I'll discuss one of the most important parts th Compressing the golf ball like a tour pro can be very hard to do. Want that look of Show of hands, how many of you struggle with the transition? 3: The club head is clearly moving faster than his arms and body, as evidenced by the fact his hips have hardly moved since impact. It's probably less violent than the swing you'd instinctively make. Rory McIlroy's grip has a somewhat firm left hand stance, which allows him to move his arms and shoulders freely as he sweeps the club to the top and down into the ball. Come see the massive transformations we can achieve together in your swing. It can put a TON of stress on the spine and he will probably need to tone that down in a few years to save his back. His left hand is in a relatively weak position, or rotated toward the target, while his right is somewhat strong, or rotated away from the target. Those players may need a little more go to help the hip. Rory knows that the more he understands about using the ground the his benefit, the better his performance. On Sunday, McIlroy, paired with Justin Thomas and Tony Finau in the final . On the greens, we find the five-time major champion in experimental mode. He often travels to different locations around the world to compete, so this mode of transportation is necessary to stay in shape while away from home. Rory McIlroy hits wedge close, birdies at Farmers PGA TOUR STANDINGS FedExCup Standings 1 S. Power 788 2 M. Homa 743 3 T. Kim 711 4 J. Rahm 673 5 B. Harman 670 PGA TOUR Video Highlights. The drill only for Step 2 - Body Rotation. How long does a hole have to be for a par? He does work the golf ball and flights it quite a bit. I noticed it in the videos but don't remember it being explained in videos either unless I also missed something. Lets take a look from an iron swing perspective. You might notice I'm wearing in-ear headphones. If you feel like you're swinging hard yet the ball isn't going as far as it should, you're Have you ever heard you should pull the butt of the club toward the golf ball in the downs History of the Rotary Golf Swing from the RST golf clinic by Chuck Quinton. That delicate blend of being relaxed and ready to move at high speeds is something to focus on when practicing. Up Next . I've looked at several different videos and they are the same. How a Impact in the golf swing is the most important part. Rory McIlroy's swing speed is estimated to be around 129 mph. McIlroy putted well at Doral, entering Sunday with a 54-hole lead before shooting a disappointing 74 to end up tied for third. Holding the putter this way helps him keep the back of his left hand square to the target line through impact the key to Stocktons method. You're going to lo You're well aware that slicing destroys your distance and your scorecard. Lag in the golf swing is key for clubhead speed. Rory McIlroy grip features a slightly strong left hand position, which promotes freedom of movement in the arms and shoulders as he sweeps the club to the top and down into the ball. After seeing this, Rory wanted one too! Hello David. Im going to show you guys his hips -- how they work. Im talking about Part 3of 7 then Part2of 7 then Part1 of 7 .and then there is no sign of Part5,6,and7 !! The club-face angle matches that of his spine,. His grip shows perfectly matching left- and right-hand positions the V formed by the thumb and forefinger of each hand points just right of his sternum, with the back of his left hand perpendicular to the target line. In winning the U.S. Open, PGA Championship and Open Championship by age 25, McIlroy joined Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods as the youngest the achieve that feat. Over on the left-hand, obviously, weve got a driver swing. It all starts with the grasp of the Northern Irishman. Some golfers fight their swings getting too short, but either way, it's important to maintain a consistent top-of-backswing position. This helps him keep the club secure throughout the backswing with minimal pressure, and prevents the wrists from becoming overly active on the downswing. Are they bouncing back because the feet are planted? Struggling with your weight shift? to get his desired result. In this video, Rotary Swing Instructor Chris Tyler shows you how to use ground force for a You don't have to start hitting it dramatically shorter just because you're getting older. This awesome drill forces you to release the golf club like a tour pro! Keep your head height, and you won't have to make any split-second adjustments on the downswing to get the club back on plane. McIlroy swing sequence, 1. You can see his tweet below: "Learning how to grip the club head as well as Rickie Fowler does! How many holes are there on the Wynn pro shop golf course? My personal favorite is the SuperSpeed Golf Training Aid, a weighted speed training set,which you can purchase here for $199.99. This video discusses the fundamentals of the golf swing from a high-level perspective by f Why you're not improving at golf and how to fix it! Lots of great information there. Keep rehearsing with the driver until you feel smooth from start to finish. Everest a big hill. [5] He is a former world number one in the Official World Golf Ranking, and has spent over 100 weeks in that position during his career. Images from the Par 3 Contest held Wednesday at Augusta National, home of the 86th Masters Tournament. Copyright 2020 - 2023 Sportsmanist Inc. What are the advantages of using a traditional grip? Even when I'm swinging my fastest and really firing into the ball, I know I'm going to stay in balance. And that's why they say the AXIOM is: Hitting the fade in golf is one thing, I'm going to teach you the pro's PLAY the fade. Hello Tom. We shall see. Some of the future players I hope to get include Bubba Watson, Phil Mickelson, Luke Donald, Adam Scott, KJ Choi, Robert Garrigus, Martin Kaymer, Zach Johnson, Webb Simpson, Nicolas Colsaerts, Jim Furyk, Charl Schwartzel, Matt Kuchar, Jason Day, Fred Couples, Sergio Garcia, Michelle Wie and of course, Sir Charles Barkley featuring the worlds greatest swing!.lolwin wins winner won victory florida golf vacation vegas golf vacation california golf vacation myrtle beach golf vacation fantasy golf golf school golf schools golf resort golf courses golf course management golf course packages golf courses in honda classic pga national florida phoenix augusta innisbrook valspar bay hill arnold palmer masters us open british open pga championship the players highlights McIlroy employed an unconventional style in his early years, but switched to a neutral, reverse-overlap putting grip in 2011. Companion Content . Youll see all the videos populate. While this grip position leaves him somewhat vulnerable to the occasional hook (see his ill-fated tee shot on No. Yes, some consideration needs to be given for age and flexibility. Learn how to use the RotaryConnect to assist you in building the perfect golf backswing. If you hold the club loosely, your shots will drift to the left. Rory has an athletic, poised set-up position, where his balance is centred and he is well aimed and relaxed. (Analysis: GCA lead coach Chris O'Connell; photo: Fred Vuich), A full rotation of the hips and shoulders with perfect balance. Fowler said in an interview that he learned this grip from watching some PGA Tour videos when he was younger. Rory McIlroy grip features a slightly strong left hand position, which promotes freedom of movement in the arms and shoulders as he sweeps the club to the top and down into the ball. If you think you should be hitting the ball farther than you do now like this student - yo Do you know the 4 steps to sequencing the golf downswing? Hit a couple pitch sho You can save lots of shots quickly by improving your chipping. H ere we are, a couple of days past Rory McIlroy's 33rd birthday (happy birthday, Rory), and no one in the United Kingdom barring Prime Minister Boris Johnson generates so much talk among golf lovers as the Northern Irishman. Christopher Donahue is a professional sports talk show host and analyst. (Analysis: GCA lead coach Chris O'Connell; photo: Fred Vuich), Rory moves the club away with his arms, not his hands, the latter being a typical amateur mistake. These players are masters at putting / hitting the ball in the middle of the golf club face swing after swing.The golfing community loves to study and analyze professional golfers swings so that they may learn how to improve their own golf swing . Wixom, MI - SuperStroke - the leading manufacturer of high-performance golf grips - confirms its Traxion Pistol GT Tour putter grip was used by Rory McIlroy during his victory at the Tour Championship contested at East Lake Golf Course in Atlanta, Ga.. Fowler moved from a traditional grip style to the left-hand low method in 2012. Confused about how your upper body rotates in the backswing compared to your lower body? Start the Golf Season off right with InsideGOLF ($100 value - just $20). What kind of grip does Novak Djokovic have? Trump did a phone interview with Tirico during a televised charity golf match in Juno Beach, Florida, featuring McIlroy. If you want this to be your Year of the Driver, I think they can help. This is what it's ALL about! With his left hand separated from the right, he cradles the handle lightly between the thumb, index and middle fingers. Should As I start back on my C4 journey watch me take on trail hand letting go and both hands on My predominant miss was the push during my first phase 2 session. 10 in the final round of the 2011 Masters), the tradeoff is well worth it. Rickie Fowler uses a traditional bat grip, just like most other professional golfers. Hey Emil, it is hard to believe for sure. Chuck, myself and other RST Instructors setup in the square position for just that. The golf shank is the ugliest, nastiest, rottenest, and most frightening shot in golf. Rory McIlroy has always been a traditionalist but with his switch to Taylormade Golf, a couple of years ago, he has embraced club-fitting. Theres been a lot of them, of course, but as I wrote earlier this year: Rory has made some subtle, but important, tweaks to his golf swing that have brought him to the next level. Published on Monday, June 13, 2022 Rory McIlroy plays his shot on the first hole during the final round of the RBC Canadian Open at St. George's Golf and Country Club on June 12, 2022 Getty. We are going to pay close attention to his belt buckle here in a downward move. In a perfect golf setup, should your feet point out or be square to the target? Rory McIlroy's terrible putting has put a damper on an otherwise solid 2016 season. 1: Very much a baseball hitters position left arm across chest, right elbow up, handle well behind right shoulder. Not Spieths. ORLANDO, Fla. Rory McIlroy is one of the biggest hitters on the PGA Tour. Rory Daniel McIlroy MBE (born 4 May 1989) is a professional golfer from Northern Ireland who is a member of both the European and PGA Tours. Senior PGA - Bernard Langer, Sandy Lyle, Tommy Armour III, Gil Morgan, John Huston, Steve Pate, Steve Lowery, Andrew Magee, Mark Mcnulty, Bob Gilder, Gene Sauers, Loren Roberts, Allen Doyle, Willie Wood, Ben Crenshaw, Bob Tway, Mark Mouland, Jim Thorpe, Mark Calcavecchia, Kenny Perry. How much does it cost to replace the shaft on a golf club? He places his thumbs straight down the center of the putter grip. What golf clubs does Rory McIlroy use? Learn the pro secret to consistent chipping - never blade or chunk a chip shot again! What is the longest short golf course in Florida? He interlocks his fingers with the right and left hands in a neutral position on the grip, like Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy do. So what is the secre Have you wondered about the golf grip and if the tour pros know something you don't? Monitor whether your shots pull to either the left or right to see what type of changes you may need to make to your grip. Game changing. In this video, I'll show you the key An overview of the RST takeaway by RST Founder, Chuck Quinton. 2018 RORY MCILROY HANDS AT IMPACT DRIVER GOLF SWING 1080 HD GolfswingHD 42.8K subscribers Subscribe 527K views 4 years ago Here's how to view more full HD golf swing videos!. (Analysis: GCA lead coach Chris O'Connell; photo: Fred Vuich), FAVORITE MOVE No. March 1, 2023 As Team TaylorMade gets set to take on the challenging Bay Hill lay out, we want to give you an up-close look at the driver setup for each athlete, including defending champion Scottie Scheffler. Hi Craig The above (Rory McElroy and the Legendary Jack Nicholas is a great comparison), BUT the referring videos to the RHS above appear out of order and hard to find. Yes, he has maximized the ability to stall and a high rate of speed. This camera angles actually able to capture that very well, and Im going to show you that right here pretty quick. Rory McIlroy Head: Stealth 2 Plus 9 Actual Loft: 8 Lie: 58.5 Shaft: Ventus Black 6X Tip: 1" Length: 45 1/16 Swingweight: D4 What is the difference between wrought iron and bar iron? You want to always work on transferring your weight. No problem. Thats, in turn, going to speed the club up. Lot of external rotation from his lead leg as well. Players will also find they will tend to just rotate from the top rather than shift the weight. Youre going to see a much wider base here. If there's too much weight out on your toes or back on your heels, you're starting from an unstable position. Here's how to view more full HD golf swing videos! Im excited for the future. Rory McIlroy stares down fan who disrupted play during third round of BMW Championship. His hands are high at the top, club shaft parallel to the ground and clubface on plane. Youre also going to see a little change in ball position. A superb birdie putt at the last hole clinched a 15th DP World Tour victory for McIlroy in his first event of the year, his 19-under 269 enough to hold off a blistering final-round charge from. Matt Carey (@RealMattCarey) August 20, 2022 You will learn how to t Take a deep dive into the physics of the swing, neuromechanics and biomechanics to gain a Ph.D. in the golf swing! How much money will Rahm Rahm win the PGA Tour Mexico Championship? Rory McIlroy needed just one start to capture his first win in the young 2022 season and put the rest of the PGA TOUR on notice with a victory at The CJ Cup.The win this past weekend was his 20 th PGA TOUR victory, making him only the 39 th golfer to accomplish such a feat. In fact, the knuckles on the back of Couples left hand point well in front of him. Its likely a position Stenson adopted as a young player and never had a reason to change. Even very skilled golfers get terrified around the greens at times. I'm trying to get my left knee out of the way so the club can whip through the hitting area. In other words, his right hand is turned slightly away from the target, underneath the handle. He changed back Thursday coming off his first victory of the year. Video - by Pete Styles, Click Here for a Free Professional Fitting for Custom Clubs. I don't believe we have discussed it in a video other than forum questions. This is where they saw, and now youre going to see them move backward. Practice Session 5 Learn how to fix your over the top golf swing by simply being able to read a clock. Struggle with making a full turn, even though your fit and flexible? If you Do you struggle with shallowing the club in the downswing and keep hitting a pull cut or e Do your hands go straight out toward the golf ball and don't shallow out during the transi Are you tired of yelling Fore! when you hit big, nasty slices off the tee? 2012, I won five times. Up to the top youre going to see him shift and load up, and theres a big, gigantic push to get everything back over to the lead side. I think that needs to be explained in the videos about setup. Thanks Tom, glad you enjoyed it. If you've got your 3 core body movements down pat and the lead arm an How does the AXIOM work with the DEAD Drill to build a consistent golf swing? Once I hit that position, I'm ready to start my move into the ball. How to care for white leather golf shoes? What are the best Chipping drills for beginners? Are you supposed to? You can see the ball positions just slight amount forward of where he would be playing an iron swing. Before that he was using a hybrid approach where he would use either a traditional or a left-hand low grip. This g After all your hard work on the backswing, it's time for the big payoff! Over the weekend, we got a glimpse into one of the drills Rory uses to improve his swing. Pull down with left arm and balance of ankles works very well. In Phase 4 we are focusing on refining the details of the swing so that we remove those li Have you been looking for a wait to learn a tour pro swing through a simple feeling so you At last, a simple way to have perfect rhythm and tempo on every shot. And that's exactly what our members achieve. Then as the club is starting to go down and through the release hes extending the radius. www.GolfBetterTucson.com #golfbettertucson #rorymcilroy #derekdeminsky (via @gunygolf59 ), A post shared by GolfBetterTucson.com (@golfbettertucson) on Nov 4, 2019 at 3:56pm PST. Just go ahead and click on that. In other words, the palms face each other directly regardless of their position (neutral, weak or strong). Earl Watson believed that if you have good hands you can use them even if they're not the normal way. McIlroy has putted in reverse, with left hand under right, as a training drill for a while but used such a style competitively only in 2008. Casting the club in the downswing is a sure way to destroy club head speed. If you've followed Mac O'Grady or Stack and Tilt at any point, you might relate to this go Want to learn how the pros swings look so slow, yet hit the ball so far? Learn how far you should stand from the ball at setup. I'm also going to show you a really cool close up of Rory's hips, and how he's able to stall them and actually make them go backwards in the hitting area. When Rory visited TPI in his early Titleist days, Dr. Greg Rose measured his hip speed at 720/second, almost 200/second faster than the PGA TOUR average. ACTIVATE YOUR LOWER BODY 9:50 p.m. -- Rodriguez finishes with 31 homers, one off his pace in the first round. The 64 athlete is best known for his prodigious driving distance, but hes an underrated putter. McIlroy uses a flat-top handlebar bag for on-course storage. Trump uncharacteristically didn't swing back at the four-time major winner when NBC's Mike Tirico mentioned McIlroy's criticism. This drill is straight out of the Pete Cowen school of thought, who teaches Henrik Stenson and has helped Rory McIlroy in the past, which focuses on using the arms to apply lots of pressure onto the golf ball. LPGA - Paula Creamer, Stacy Lewis, Yani Tseng, Inbee Park, Sandra Gal, Ai Miyazato, Suzann Pettersen, Karrie Webb, Natalie Gulbis, Cristie Kerr, Catriona Matthew, IK Kim, Beatriz Recari, Lexi Thompson, Morgan Pressel, Hee Young Park, Brittany Lincicome, Danielle Kang, Lindsey Wright, Julieta Granada, Katherine Hull, Candie Kung, Pernilla Lindberg, Nicole Castrale, Hee Kyung Seo, Cindy Lacrosse. Find out how you ca Alignment in golf requires an understanding of where your feet are actually pointing and d Our premium golf training program for winter months. Cutting strokes with your pitching is all about consistency. Should you push or pull in the golf swing? (Analysis: GCA lead coach Chris O'Connell; photo: Fred Vuich), With his hands more behind him, on the right side of his torso, hes in perfect position to release and whip the clubhead past his body. Continuation of Part 4, we get more in depth on neuro-muscular re-education. How did Tiger Woods return to competitive golf? Fashion looks on Day 1 of the 150th Open Championship, Photos: 86th Masters Tournament, Par 3 Contest. Hello Tom. (Analysis: GCA lead coach Chris O'Connell; photo: Fred Vuich), FAVORITE MOVE No. Bill Streicher/USA TODAY Sports. Where will the GCC Golf Championships be held in UAE? He has a slight bend to his knees and his arms hang naturally with his hands under his chin. As Rory McIlroy prepares to make his return from injury at this week's US Open at Erin Hills, former world No.1 Greg Norman has voiced his concern over the damage the game's most powerful . A PGA Tour victory followed at Quail Hollow in 2010, highlighting Rory's transferrable skills and talent, while he quietly amassed World Ranking points and demanded the attention of golf's hierarchy. Up Next. I use the ground to generate power more than a lot of guys do. Rory McIlroy shares his side of story amid tee-throwing controversy. This drill is straight out of the Pete Cowen school of thought, who teaches Henrik Stenson and has helped Rory McIlroy in the past, which focuses on using the arms to apply lots of pressure. Rory McIlroy's 5 Keys To Rip Your Driver By Rory McIlroy Photos by Dom Furore May 25, 2016 It's important to have swing thoughts on the tee. As I start the club down, I lead with my legs (above). (We respect privacy and keep all emails confidential). Can you punch someone with a prosthetic arm? Awesome! Couples right hand is in a strong position as well. Notice also how his spine is tilted away from the target. Ever notice how the PGA Tour pros take razor thin divots? By signing up, you agree to the Learn how three tiny changes can unleash 30+ more yards on your drives when you need it. Your goal is to get both arms as straight as possible, as soon as possible in the downswing. That's exactly what you want. Im going to draw lines out from the center of the ankles on both sides. Learn the control secrets of Ben Hogan by mastering the high and low fade shot. As I said, I was going to show you a pretty unique view of Rorys hips here. Rory McIlroy gets a seven-shot victory at this weeks Wells Fargo Championship, so congratulations to Rory. What time does the Players Championship start on Sunday? Bonus Challenge 1 is about learning how to curve the ball in both directions. It's hard to tell exactly unless we were caddying for him to know exactly what shot we was trying to hit. The NEW VIDEOS are a favourite for me. golf swing that have brought him to the next level, This drill uses a downhill lie to help you hit better iron shots, Using this rev & roll technique will help eliminate frustrating slices and shanks, Tiger Woods explains how to easily change the trajectory of your irons, Practice from this key distance to finally break 80, says top teacher, 10 keys for taking a proper divot with your irons and hybrids. As his hands are passing in front of him here through full extension, youre going to notice that his hips move back. A statement issued early on. All right, guys. Make sure you shift all of your weight to the lead side. Lots of great data thats going to help you boost up that clubhead speed, and be on your way to playing some awesome golf. Taking deep divots? We're after one thing: Real Results - Real Fast. The "Magic Box" is a term created by Chuck Quinton to help golfers learn the proper transi You need to start your downswing before completing your backswing. My first tip for you is to find the rhythm that produces good, solid strikes over and over. In this new video series Effortless power in the golf swing is a difficult concept for many amateur golfers. The stance is key. One of the funniest things I've ever seen at a live event. They help take your mind off all the bad things that can happen and put your focus on what you need to do to put one in the fairway. He also mentioned that Tom Watson, who is considered by many to be one of the greatest golfers of all time, used to use a left-hand low grip. Watch my swing, and you'll see how quiet I am at the finish. Rory McIlroy grip features a slightly strong left hand position, which promotes freedom of movement in the arms and shoulders as he sweeps the club to the top and down into the ball. Lag - everyone wants more of it, but what does it do and why do we need it? If you don't know how to aim in golf, your RST mechanics won't matter. The problems with modern golf instruction are covered in this clinic presentation by RST F What is a fundamental of the golf swing? If you've ever wondered whether or not you should have a forward press at setup, this golf Do you know the difference between wrist cock and wrist hinge in the golf swing? 1. If you want to cure your overswing/across-the-line swing, you first need to diagnose the c Do you struggle with your arms getting too deep or too disconnected during the backswing? I feel like this year compares to 2014, 2015, but I dont see any reason why I cant go ahead and have an even better year next year.. Pull in the Golf Sw Do you find that you can play the first few holes ok and then the wheels start to fall off Chuck Quinton AXIOM golf swing from down the line 7 iron, Chuck Quinton's swing with 7 iron from face on. Struggling with a 2 way miss and lack of consistency? Part 5 this upcoming week (or for you this week) and so on. The flap that closes the opening is usually red, white, or blue (the colors of his company), but it can be black if he wants to show off some bold fashion statements.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'sportsmanist_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_2',118,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-sportsmanist_com-medrectangle-3-0'); He often carries a few balls in his bag to change up his game when needed. Rory McIlroy: Up close and personal Don't miss Rory McIlroy's interview with Paul Kimmage in the Sunday Independent November 26 2022 12:37 PM "This is our third interview. Rory McIlroy WITB accurate as of the Charles Schwab Challenge Rory McIlroy WITB Driver: TaylorMade SIM Max (10.5 @9 degrees) Shaft: Mitsubishi Kuro Kage XTS 70 X (45.5 inches, 59.25 lie, D4) 3-wood: TaylorMade SIM Titanium (15 @14 degrees) Shaft: Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 80 TX (43.25 inches, 58 lie, D4) Getting into the As I discussed in the video on Impact Alignments Face On, impact is everything in RST.