peggy's peach cobbler recipe

Recipe doesnt say how much milk or peach syrup to use , didnt realize until I got to that point in directions, guess Ill have to wing it. When you are ready to bake the cobbler, thaw in the refrigerator and then pour into the baking dish and proceed with the recipe. Hi Kari, youll want about 3 pounds (1.4kg) of peaches. Pour butter into an 8-inch square baking dish. Its simple, delicious, and weve got the perfect recipe from the soul singer and celebrity chef Patti LaBelle! Made this last night using thawed frozen peaches and have to say this is THE cobbler recipe Ive been searching for! Not a bad thing in a cobbler, though! Serve warm or at room temperature. When you are ready to bake the cobbler, thaw in the refrigerator and then pour into the baking dish and proceed with the recipe. Sweet and juicy with plenty of real peach flavor and just the right touch of cinnamon, this cobbler is the last homemade peach cobbler recipe you'll ever need. Pour batter evenly over peaches. Remove mixture from heat and set aside to cool. 1 / 15 Easy Peach Cobbler Trisha uses canned peaches for this easy cobbler because they're softer, but you can use fresh peaches if they're available. Follow the simple recipe below to make this delicious Peach Cobbler from scratch. Hi Sofia, the peaches will be flimsier when sliced. When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. I took some of the syrup from the peaches and added corn starch and boiled it on the stove until thick. Ive found the easiest way to peel peaches is to gently lower 2-3 peaches at a time into a pot of boiling water. I made it for a family that was moving into a new home. Absolutely delicious! Just bake the fruit on low for 20 minutes before proceeding with the recipe. Place in preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Hi Donna, we havent tried a gluten-free version of this cobbler, but let us know if you give anything a try! I am delighted your family enjoys this site and the recipes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cut the peaches into chunks for the best texture and use this easy buttermilk biscuit topping for the best flavor. Hey there! Thank you so much for your feedback. Thanks! Gonna Want Seconds is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 139-inch baking pan with 1/2 stick (4 tbs) of the butter. Southern Peach Cobbler Recipe Ingredients 1/2 cup butter 2 cups granulated sugar, divided 4 cups peaches, fresh or thawed frozen 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1 cup all purpose flour 1 tablespoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 cup milk cinnamon Instructions Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Melt butter in a 11X13 baking dish in oven. This was incredibly delicious! Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. ** Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Hi, Jenna! If cutting it down to a half or a third, how would that change the baking time for the biscuit layer? Make sure your cobbler is fully cooled (you dont want to lower the temp of your freezer with hot cobbler!) In a bowl, combine flour and sugar. Gonna Want Seconds. Make the peach filling: In a large bowl, combine the peaches, lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg. When this pound cake is in the house, you can bet that Ill be eating a slice every chance I get. Heres our favorite Peach Pecan Crisp recipe the pecans are a fantastic compliment to the sweet peaches! x 9-in. Thats when you get truly cobbler-worthy peaches! The baking pan will catch the drips and prevent a mess in the oven. If I use frozen peaches, do I defrost them first. The biscuit topping wont rise as much if it is not immediately baked. If they are in season, its best to use fresh peaches but you can also get them canned and have your favorite cobbler any time, all year round. Some peaches can be exposed underneath. When its time to eat, take it out of the fridge and let it settle back into room temperature before popping it in the microwave. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. It was very good and easy to make . *Recipe originally listed as using 3/4 cup cake flour and 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, now I either use all of one or the other. This recipe is awesome and easy. I only used 8 TBS (one cube) of butter and a tad more water, and not quite as much sugar in the whole thing. Bake at 350 F for 45-60minutes until golden brown. We are compensated for referring traffic. I halved the recipe for just two of us. Just make sure that you have thawed them completely and removed the excess fluid. Set aside. If you notice the cobbler topping is browning too much, tent with foil while it finishes baking. Absolutely the best peach cobbler ever. Thank you. Theres no need to thaw them first. 2011-2023 Sally's Baking Addiction, All Rights Combine the peach filling ingredients in a large ziploc bag, press the air out and freeze flat. Thanks for this recipe. Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup. Serve warm, with a scoop of ice cream, if desired. Any help would be appreciated. This recipe had great flavor. Feel free to adjust to suit your tastes, Diana. Sprinkle sugar over top and back for 30 minutes. We have fantastic Niagara peaches out right now so working my way through about 4 bushels. Different brands of canned peaches may contain different amounts of syrup. If using canned peaches with sweetened syrup, you might want to tinker with the amount of added sugar. Bake until the crust is golden and a toothpick inserted into the crust comes out clean, about 28 minutes. Come have a taste. Youll recognize a lot of these ingredients from my easy peach cobbler recipes but this southern peach cobbler recipe ramps up the YUM with some fun extras! Before cooking, defrost the cobbler overnight, and then bake it. With fresh peaches at my fingertips once again, I cant get enough of this cobbler. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cut the butter into pieces, put it in a baking dish, and put it in the oven for several minutes until the butter has melted. The filling should still be plenty sweet enough if using fresh peaches that arent quite as sweet, but feel free to play with the added sugar amounts if desired. Highly recommended! So youve done that before too? While the peaches are baking, combine the dry topping ingredients and whisk to combine. Leave them in the water for about 30 seconds, and then remove them to an ice-water bath. I made this recipe today and it was everything! Next time I make this Ill use closer to 1/8 cup sugar and 1 tsp salt. GATHER "AROUND THE TABLE" WITH US. Welcome! Bake until the crust is golden and a toothpick inserted into the crust comes out clean, about 28 minutes. Return the pan to the oven and bake until brown and the batter has risen up and around the fruit, about 30 minutes. My first ever is in the oven now, with filling for two more in the freezer. This was my first time making peach cobbler and it was so yummy! In addition to grating cold fresh butter into flour to create the crumb texture I love in cobbler, just a touch of boiling water helps the whole thing attain a crusty texture as it bakes. When youre ready to bake the cobbler, thaw the peaches in the refrigerator. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/website/blog is strictly prohibited. Hi Jax, the bake time should be about the same, but maybe a few minutes less. Bland ruins it all. In my recent recipe testing, however, I learned that there are several peach cobbler standards: It sounds like a tall order, doesnt it? I have made this several times. I freeze the bags of filling so we are able to have this anytime! 1. VERY YUMMY!!!!! Thats awesome, Mary! Looks like music isnt the only thing of Pattis thats got SOUL! Baked Peaches and Raspberries with Lemon Curd is a delicious treat when topped with Whipped Cream or served on its own. Serve with vanilla ice cream. Pour about half the reserved peach juice on top; discard remaining juice. The biscuit should have a beautiful butter flavor. Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch! Add milk and beat until smooth. recipe very good, will make again and again. Just make sure to add an extra 20 minutes of baking time to give it room to thaw. Add the milk, sugar, and vanilla and stir to combine. It is best to store the peach cobbler in the refrigerator. Baked 38 minutes and served with vanilla ice cream right out of the oven. Cover and store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Here youll find simple and delicious recipes that you can make in 30 minutes or less. Take the cobbler out of the oven. Combine the peach filling ingredients in a largezip-close bag, press the air out and freeze flat. Then add your boiling water and mix. Start by preheating your oven. Heres a true classic in the hall of fame of desserts Peach Cobbler! Cool the cobbler, and then cover it with cling film or foil and store for up to 5 days. Mix in agave syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and peaches. An old fashion recipe from a collection of my mother's favorites. Ive made this once before and it was very well received. Hi, Im Mary. Quick and easy too cant ask for more! There are several ways to store this delectable dessert. Put the butter in a 3-quart baking dish and place in oven to melt. Replace the syrup with half a cup of peach juice. Anything that saves me a few minutes of preparation time on my way to enjoying my favorite dessert is a win as far as Im concerned. Sweet and juicy with plenty of real peach flavor and just the right touch of cinnamon, this cobbler is the last homemade peach cobbler recipe youll ever need. Each cobbler was good, but certainly nothing I would rave about. Almost ten years ago, I made it my mission to find the perfect southern peach cobbler recipe. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 45 minutes. If so how many cans? Peeling the nectarines was my only difficulty. I have made both your peach pies as well and turned out amazing! UGH! The final result is tender, delicious peaches! Slowly pour the wet. How about a pan of these Peach Oatmeal Bars by BakerMama? My first try at one of Salys recipes although Ive been a subscriber for months. There were seven adults, three had seconds. Bake in the preheated oven until cobbler is golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes. Dont forget strawberry cobbler! My mom often used a quart jar of homemade canned peaches, but you can also use fresh peaches! We cannot find her recipe. I only prepare the crust topping. Craving peaches for breakfast? I love hearing how readers customize my recipes to make them work for their dietary needs and tastes. Its fresh and pure summer goodness. Peaches are my favorite fruit and peach cobbler rates pretty close to heaven in my book. Cobbler can be frozen in two stages. Do not Sell or Share My Personal Information, 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced peaches, undrained. Can I just use a little more ground nutmeg or another substitute? Theres a cake-like variety which combines cake batter and peaches. 1 can (30 ounces) sliced peaches in syrup. Sprinkle peaches on top with a mixture of sugar and spices. Can you have too many fruit cobblers? Pour half of the peach mixture into the prepared baking pan in an even layer. Wouldnt that bread be great with a cup of coffee in the morning? . Peach cobbler has long been my favorite summer breakfast/lunch/dessert haha. Pour fruit mixture into a 9X13 inch baking dish. After the peaches have baked the 10 minutes, pull them from the oven and drop large spoonfuls of the dough topping over peaches. In a deep bowl, combine flour, a cup of sugar, and baking powder. Whisk together remaining 2 tsp sugar with 1/4 tsp cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over top. I didnt see a peach crisp recipe! Can I prepare,refrigerate and bake when ready to eat? There arent many things I love more than blueberries and peaches, so this Blueberry Peach Bread by Big Bears Wife is calling my name. Toss the peaches with cup sugar and let sit for 20 minutes in the bowl. KathleenI just made this Gluten Free by using Bobs Red Mill 1 10 1 baking flour. The cake batter is actually on the bottom and floats above the peaches as it all bakes. Thats amazing, thank you for sharing your version . This recipe is a bit more involved than my easy Bisquick version, but boy oh boy, is it worth it! 1 (29 ounce) can sliced peaches in juice, drained, reserving juice. I need to make about 10 batches of this cobbler for a wedding reception. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes. In a large bowl, fold the peaches, 1/4 cup each white and brown sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice and cornstarch until all ingredients are well combined. Peaches: I like making my cobblers with ripe, but not overly ripe fruit. Peach cobbler starts by combining sliced fresh peaches with lemon juice, brown and white sugar, and tapioca starch (or cornstarch) along with cinnamon and nutmeg. Add the milk, sugar, and vanilla and stir to combine. (I like to use my. Evenly sprinkle the top of the dough with the 3 tablespoons of sugar. Put peaches in melted butter, pour in liquid batter. Beat egg, flour, and sugar in a bowl until combined; pour over peaches. Pour butter into a 13-in. We just bought a big box of John Henry freestones the day after they were picked, and my husband, who at 84 spent the last 12 months beating lung cancer, requested a scratch peach cobbler. Place in oven until butter is completely melted. Meanwhile, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Cook on medium heat for just a few minutes, until the sugar is dissolved and helps to bring out juices from the peaches. Mix your peaches, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and cornstarch until combined, then pour into a 913 dish. To thaw, let it sit in the fridge overnight, then give it some life by letting it bake in the oven until the topping resuscitates. Remove from heat and set aside. Ease the peaches into the boiling water (not all at once because you dont want the water temperature to drop too low) for 30 seconds. Try grilling fresh peaches. You will avoid this problem by replacing canned peaches with fresh ones. The peach filling can be prepared and frozen in advance. Remove the hot dish with the melted butter from the oven. It is entirely up to you whether or not you choose to peel the peaches for this cobbler. Print Recipe Pin Recipe Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Course: Dessert Cuisine: American Keyword: peach Servings: 6 Calories: 390kcal If your dough is too thin, add a few extra tablespoons of flour or corn starch. A family favorite. Each 5-day meal plan includes a printable grocery shopping list with budget information, to help save time and money! Add the sliced peaches, sugar and salt to a saucepan and stir to combine. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); I have used this recipe many times and my peach cobbler always turns out great. Would it be okay to make this the night before and then heat it up in the oven? Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Drain 1 can of peaches; reserve the syrup from the other. The best part about it is that it literally takes 5 minutes to throw together! OMG What Flavor Have you ever made one, it had a bottom and top crust. Made this tonight to take to dinner at my sons house for dinner with the in-laws. Set the pan on a wire rack, then cool for 5 minutes before serving. Hi Audrey, you need about 10 cups of peaches total for this recipe. You can also subscribe without commenting. Bake time will be longer to cook through the extra fruit. Remove the hot dish with the melted butter from the oven. This has been my go to Peach Cobbler for a few years now. These little extras add a lovely golden sheen and extra flavor. Sprinkle top with ground cinnamon, if using. The wifes only issue was that I needed to have incorporated more fruit. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice butter into pieces and add to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Lemon juice balances the sweet peaches and sugar. I drained the frozen peaches to lessen the liquid and the prebake helped with that as well. Before serving, defrost it in the refrigerator overnight. Enjoy! In a large bowl, combine the peaches and the lemon juice and then add the rest of the filling ingredients. Serve warm, with a scoop of ice cream, if desired. You made my day! Id like to scale the recipe down for a couple. Updated July 2018. Up until this past week, lets call it The Week of Cobbler, I only made classic peach cobbler a few times. I want to make this Peach Cobbler for a BBQ I am invited to but the hostess is allergic to cinnamon! It takes just a moment and I think its simpler thanthe more traditional methods. Alternatively, you can seal the bag and shake gently to coat the peaches. Hi can I use frozen peaches for this peach cobbler recipe? (Mrs. Smiths has a pie crust topping rather than a cake type topping. Use fresh peaches when its peach season preferably, and replace the syrup with peach juice. The whole cobbler can also be frozen, however, the topping may soften a bit when thawed. (-) Information is not currently available for this nutrient. A-List celebrities enjoying a meal made by Patti? (Stick a toothpick into the biscuit topping, if it comes out clean it is cooked through and the cobbler is done.) My Easter dessert recipes kick off cobbler season with lots of spring fruit but what about peach cobbler recipes? Once the mixture begins to simmer, reduce the heat to low and continue cooking for 10 minutes. Works great to freeze the fruit mixture, dont even need to defrost first. In a small mixing bowl whisk together 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and the nutmeg. I am glad everyone enjoyed it so much. I only have 12 small peaches. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. Hi Sally- Id love to make a peach crisp. Hi Amanda, cobbler is best prepared and baked right away. This post may contain affiliate links. A must on the to-do list every summer. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Remove the peaches from the oven and drop the topping over them in spoonfuls. (-) Information is not currently available for this nutrient. I made this using canned peaches(1)29 oz can and (4)15oz cans because that was what was available to me. I tried several that werent bad at all,but I wanted a truly perfect one. By the way, she never cooked it. Add cornflour, salt and 1 tbsp of the lemon juice to the peach juice. Its one of my favorite family recipes from my mom, and although I am bias, I think its the best of the best! Add milk and peach syrup, mix. Absolutely delicious, easy to make and, few ingredients. To reheat peach cobbler, use the microwave or oven. If you choose not to use the grater, simply cut the cold butter into small pieces and then blend it into the flour mixture, using a pastry blender or your fingertips. Southern Grandma Desserts That Taste Like Home 03 of 07 Mellissa's Grandma's Blackberry Cobbler See you later? Recipes then were often overly sweet with little salt to balance things out. I will ask some of my recipe-writing friends and let you know. *I first shared this recipe in August 2014. Yes, you can store uncooked peach cobbler! But, you can replace canned peaches with fresh ones. The only downside was the cinnamon on top gave a little bit of a bitter after taste. Lacking peaches, I substituted nectarines. Camn I use canned peaches if I dont have access to fresh or frozen peaches? He said it tasted just like his moms. Im Kim. Enjoy! Much to my surprise, this version far exceeded my wildest hopes. Deeeeelish! Using a paring knife, make an X on the bottom of the peach through the skin. The appearance of this recipe in our family is the merit of my mother. baking dish. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); And I'm so happy you're here! I love going to pick your own farms or buying a large box from a local vendor. Peach cobbler combines juicy sweet peaches with a simple biscuit topping. I havent adjusted the recipe at all!! Replace the syrup with half a cup of peach juice. Hi, Margie! I can hardly tell a difference and I doubt Ill ever again peel the peaches for a dessert. Its so much easier than peach pie, but just as satisfying. DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? One of my other favorite things about this peach cobbler aside from the delicious flavor and taste is how well it holds up in the fridge. Patti Labelles Peach Cobbler is the perfect ending to any meal. A little sweet, so for the next time I wouldnt add 1/3 of a cup of sugar on the top. Plunge peaches into a bowlfilled with ice and water. But she liked this dish so much that it became one of her and our favorite desserts. Serve warm or at room temperature. Place the second pie crust on top, brush with a thin layer of egg wash and sprinkle cinnamon. The peach syrup has to be rich and sweet, but not overly sweet. The whole family loved it! I think very ripe peaches are best eaten out of hand or used in fruit smoothies. While I adore a warm fruit cobbler with cold vanilla ice cream, this cobbler truly stands on its own as well. You may want to tinker with the amount of sugar based on how sweet your mangoes are. See recipe notes for a few make ahead options. Remove from heat and set aside. Theres more crunchy texture and the whole thing tastes wholesome and rich, especially when the warm sticky peach syrup and vanilla ice cream topping cross paths. "Canned peaches make it even more convenient.". Required fields are marked *. Bake in the preheated oven until cobbler is golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes. You can store your peach cobbler in the fridge for up to five days. Im Lauren, a mom of four and lover of good food. Thank you so much for your positive feedback , Your email address will not be published. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Scroll to Bottom for Printable Recipe Card. In a separate bowl, mix half a cup of sugar, ground cinnamon, and nutmeg, mix. Canned peaches are used in this recipe. Yes! Bake at 350 F for 45-60minutes until golden brown. Just these tools: Want more recipes for your leftover peaches? Gradually pour hot peach mixture into egg mixture while . I'D LOVE TO SEE! Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. Stir in the boiling water, just until combined, leaving plenty of little lumps of butter. Hi Kenny, we havent tested it ourselves, but we cant see why not. Is there any way to make this work in the recipe? Sprinkle with nutmeg. To make this peach cobbler gluten free, I substituted the all purpose flour in the original recipe with a combination of brown rice flour, tapioca starch and potato starch. Place the flour in another small mixing bowl. It is so good I ate it for breakfast this morning, haha. Your email address will not be published. The topping came out beautifully and a bit crunchy which was yummy. . No dessert says SUMMER quite like a big bowl of steaming, fresh peach cobbler. Place the baking dish on a cookie sheet, in case the cobbler bubbles over and drips, and bake for 30 minutes or until the topping is golden and baked through and the peaches are tender. Optional Toppings: Vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, even yogurt the toppings are endless for peach cobbler! Yeti, Add the peaches and cook until soft, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula. Brush the top of the biscuit dough with egg wash, then sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar if using. I couldnt have flavored the cobbler any better. Here you go! I dont add the extra cinnamon sugar. But dont feel like you have to have toppings this cobbler is perfect on its own. You can find out more about our use, change your default settings, and withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future by visiting Cookies Settings, which can also be found in the footer of the site. *(If using canned peaches, skip steps 1 & 2 and follow the directions starting at step 3). Stir to coat and then pour into a 913 baking dish. I made this for my Dad that grew up in the country during the depression. Now I can make a 2nd recipe for my daughters GF needs. I'm Kim. Preheat the oven to 375F. Use a pastry blender to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture looks like coarse meal. Breakfast? But her other passion? You can cut them how you desire! Place the bag flat in the freezer. You can leave them in your baking pan and once youre ready to bake, pop them in the oven. Your email address will not be published. I Made It Nutrition Facts (per serving) . You can try this one out instead. Peaches are one of those things I could never get sick of! Hope this helps! Remove pan from oven and pour the batter evenly . I have too many favorite peach recipes that I rotate through them each season, starting with my favorite homemade Peach freezer jam. Mix well. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Here are my tips to make sure you honor these perfectly ripe peaches. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until lightly browned and biscuit topping is cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon. Ive made this recipe countless times and this peach cobbler is simply perfect. Pour the peaches and all liquid from the bag into the baking pan. I doubled the batter and added 2 tsp vanilla and a touch of nutmeg. and use a pastry blender to cut the butter into the mix. Please read my disclosure policy. I love it with ice cream or without ice cream. Enjoy . Definitely a crisp biscuit topping with a moist interior. Place in preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes. You can tell this was written in the 2010s! Unlike a pie, theres no finicky crust to roll out or mess with and all it takes is a few steps. Cook on medium heat for just a few minutes, until the sugar is dissolved and helped to bring out some juice from the peaches. It came out good according to my sister. This is absolutely the best cobbler I have ever had!!! I used canned peaches but drained them first. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes (depending on your oven) or until the topping is baked through, and golden brown. You can just use canned peaches and yellow cake mix to make. Be careful not to spill the batter, place the baking dish in the freezer on a flat surface. Drop large spoonfuls of the dough onto the peaches in the pie dish. Your recipes never fail me. The flavor and texture of the peaches will be different of course. Living in hawaii peaches are a little tough to come by. Wait until it has completely cooled, wrap it with foil, and place it in the freezer. Three Cheese Peach and Prosciutto Pizza with Basil and Honey Balsamic Reduction. Add 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and whisk to combined. I have made this cobbler several times. Pull the peaches out of the oven and drop the cake mixture over the peaches. Whats your favorite summer flavor? Simply use Bobs Red Mill 1 to 1 baking flour and a non dairy butter. Be the first to rate this post. Required fields are marked *. No need to pull out the heavy stand up mixer or even use its smaller, lighter cousin, the handheld electric mixer. Thats what will give you really tender, moist cake at the end. Add back in the peaches to the liquid and stir to coat. PEGGY'S PEACH COBBLER IS HERE! 3/4 cup milk Food! Use halves of peaches, cut into slices or cubes as desired. One of the best recipes! Stone fruit is just the beginning! To reheat in the oven, remove it from the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature. Peel them and remove the stone. I had some fresh frozen peaches from last years crop and needed to make room for this years rhubarb so thought Id give this recipe a go. My family LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this recipe!