most accurate 17 remington load

leaves the others choking on its dust. Nov 2, 2020. The distances at which the bullets still have 1,000 ft-lbs of retained energy is 265 yards for the FTX and 175 yards for the roundnose. Give a Gift rounds of ammunition for record. Accurate 4350 excels in .25-caliber cartridges. 24.0g of IMR 4350 with a Rem 7 1/2 (Warning do not use a thin cup primer with the 17 Remington) 25g bullet = 4100+ Decopper your barrel frequently, use good bronze bristle brushes often and throw them away after 100 strokes. For the 5.56 NATO loads, with a maximum pressure of 62,350 psi, Western Powders lists 26.1 grains of A-2200 that shoots the Nosler bullet at a very quick 3,578 fps. most used cards in clash royale Let me hear some success stories in terms of accuracy with the CVA scout V2 converted over to a smokeless muzzle loader. According to the story, OBrien wagered that his guide could not kill the bear with his rifle in .17 Mach IVand lost the bet. Following are the Average Overall Group Size test results for the various .17 caliber rimfire rifles reviewed by Guns and Shooting Online (measured in inches). Copyright 2005 by Chuck Hawks. Thus, the judicious reloader should not try to soup up handloads. They are accurate, flat shooting, quiet and have practically no I do NOT recommend this load for any other 41 Mag revolver. In those days, Winchester had the edge on the market with the popular Model 1984 and its fleet of cartridges. group 1-3/4"; mean average group = 1-1/8". When both are loaded to maximum chamber pressures and fired in barrels of the same length, the Ackley cartridge is about 100 fps faster. This the standard, not the Fireball. Both bullets are plenty accurate for big-game hunting. can also be quite accurate. Contributing Editor for RifleShooter Magazine, Brad Fitzpatrick gives us a review of this modernized version of an iconic favorite. rifles reviewed for Guns and Shooting Online, it Kindler 30gr Gold bullets and RL-15 takes the .17 Rem to a new level of killing power. from CCI, Federal, Hornady and Remington, the brands of ammunition most It is a reliable slayer of white-tailed deer and black bear at the moderate ranges at which these species are taken, it has plenty of power for the job, and it is adequately accurate for these hunting chores. the average group size between 1.125 MOA and 1.531 MOA across all five The brass is good quality and it's great for reloading, and the loaded ammo isn't much more expensive once fired brass, which is hard to find for the .22 Hornet. The data guide lists .223 Remington loads for A-2495 with 80- and 90-grain bullets. 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. Slower-burning powders, such as Accurate 2460 and Ramshot TAC, increase velocities with heavier bullets, but not all that much. Except for the CCI A17 load, all brands claim a muzzle velocity (MV) of 2525-2550 fps and in our chronograph testing actually delivered average MVs of 2550-2650 fps, depending on the load. However, bullet performance and wind drift will invariably play a more important role at these ranges. I'm shooting 24.5gr/IMR-4320 still shooting some Rem 25gr bullets. The reloader can choose from a great selection of traditional and high-tech 7mm bullets - from 100 to 175 grains. They are also very safe to shoot since the bullets do not exit the carcase and ricochets are non-existent just right for around the farm. I prefer the 25-grain V-Max in the .17 Remington because it slices through wind a bit better than the 20-grain version, and it delivers more energy to boot. Both bullets have been pretty accurate with a little load work up. hollow-point (JHP) varmint bullet at a claimed muzzle velocity (MV) of It may be a touch too slow burning for the .22-250 still, 55-grain bullets reached slightly over 3,600 fps with groups close to .5 inch. varmint bullet at a MV of 2550 fps and ME of 245 ft. lbs. The 220-grain version is a great choice for heavier gameat modest ranges, of course. Hornady offers a Varmint Express load using a 17 grain Chambered in its popular Model 700 bolt-action rifle with a 24in barrel, the 25-grain Power Lokt bullet surpassed the magical 4,000fps barrier and a new varmint cartridge was born. When it comes down to velocity, the .17 Rem. Please enable javascript before you are allowed to see this page. Trump being classless, tasteless and clueless as usual. Re: Most accurate 223/5.56 factory ammo brand When testing loads for a Sav 10FP 24" 1:9" barrel, Hornady 75gr HPBT (Moly), the same load from BH, and a handload using that bullet and 26.5gr of Ramshot Big Game shot indistinguishably and quite well. 3100 fps. The smallest cartridge was the .25-35 Winchester, which preceded the .30-30 Winchester by a few months, both of which were introduced in 1895. Brass Mfg: Winchester. After firing many rounds through a Marlin Model 336, I have to say that LVR is far and away the best powder for this cartridge, but there are several other propellants that also work well. FEDERAL Premium V-Shok: high 2631 fps; low 2539 fps; all five .17 HMR loads delivered significantly higher At 100 yards, which is a realistic distance at which you are going to shoot, the velocity has bled off to 3,010fps and the energy figures have plummeted to just over 302ft/lb, which is more than half the available energy lost before it reaches the target at 100 yards. My gun likes alot of jump to the lands. at 3,800 fps has close to the same trajectory. Subscriber Services. The 7mm Remington Magnum is capable of pushing 160-grain bullets to 3,000 and even 3,100 fps, which makes it an excellent choice for deer and antelope hunting. Mikey Hartman, Lt. Col. Who knew wild turkey's were so stupid!? Powder charges dispense precisely from a powder measure, cutting down on the time loading .223s for the spring gopher campaign. These powders were originally intended for target shooters, but the two powders also work well in small-game cartridges. consisted of 5-shot groups at 100 yards. If I dropped the charge accuracy went in the dumps. As with most cartridges to be used in rifles with tubular magazines, only roundnose or flatnose bullets should be used when loading the cartridgeunless you are using Hornadys flexible-tip FTX bullets. Never seen anything like that before! With an Accu-Fit stock and left hand adjustable bolt, this rifle is a perfect choice for anyone! I have attempted to chamber Remington ammo in two .17 Mach IV rifles. is rather low, at 33,500 psi, so the case is rather lightly constructed. Hammer Bullets' 18 grain Dead Blow is another excellent nontoxic (California compliant) option milled from a single piece of copper. largest group 2-3/8"; mean average group = 1-13/32". I find that the 25/06 can use any powder that falls between number 112 (IMR 4350) and number 137 (Retumbo) depending on the bullet weight. This translates to poor retained energy figures down-range. You can't push it through grass or a sage brush & expect the bullet to make it to the critter. Extreme velocity spread was 12 fps. CCI's published 100 yard velocity/energy figures for this load are 2050 fps and 159 ft. lbs. I never used RL19, so I have no . | Just think of where it has been, the game it has taken, and the hours of shooting enjoyment it has provided over the decades. Learn about Precision Shooting, Accurate Reloading, and advanced shooting skills for competition, hunting, varminting, and tactical shooting. The subcompact GLOCK 42 carries 6+1 rounds of. Federal Hunter Match. Plus, these fine-grained powders metered well. At 100 yards there is still a healthy 3,389fps velocity and 638ft/lb striking energy that is more than enough for humane despatches. MV with a 20 grain bullet is 3000 fps and MV with a 25 grain bullet is 2600 fps. Absolutely uncanny.. You won't find a powder that will work "ideal" for both the .223 and the 25/06. With a 23-degree shoulder and a case length of 1.796 inchesthe .223 Remington uses a 1.760-inch-long casethe .17 Remington often has a powder charge heavier than its bullet. This concludes with an average overall group size for all types of ammunition. BP-B2. Lighter and tougher and more precise than ever, it's the perfect back country hunting rifle. Most Accurate powders are now made by General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems St. Marks Powder in Florida or Valleyfield in Quebec, Canada. Groups were nice round clusters, not two here and three there. Ballistic uniformity was just fine, with the coefficient of variation (C.O.V.) Formed by necking down Remingtons .221 Fireball case and increasing shoulder angle to 30 degrees, OBrien claimed a velocity of 3,700 fps for a 25-grain bullet. This single-base, extruded powder was developed for the .308 Winchester. Ballistic coefficients of those with plastic tips are considerably higher than the hollowpoints. velocity, lowest velocity, extreme spread, and mean average velocity. 96 fps; average = 2559 fps. I later bought an OBrien rifle in .17 Mach IV, and after shooting it for about 10 years, I sold it to a collector. The factory ammo was and is very accurate ammo, this load may possible be Remington's recipe. The lighter bullet can be boosted by 46.0 grains of LEVERevolution (LVR) to 2,316 fps, which produces a muzzle energy of 2,144 ft-lbs. Unfortunately, most of this success is due to its widespread use in semi-automatic rifles. H-4350 shot the bullets 98 fps faster than Accurate and 43 fps faster than IMR. 5. Its best use is for low-pressure, cast-bullet loads in the .223 on up to the .45-70. Wind resistance? Then there are always the cases from fired factory loads. This is based on instrumental A 15-grain bullet will exit a barrel at hair-raising velocities initially, Ive had more than 4,300fps with a near maximum load, that gives 616ft/lb energy at the muzzle. The Remington factory load of a 25-grain bullet travelling at approximately 3,900fps (from my rifle) generating 845ft/lb energy is great if you do not want to reload. Bought one several years ago, since I load 17HH and 17 Rem. I understand this is an old thread, but want to reply anyway. Caliber: A 50-grain V-Max exiting the .22-250 Rem. The reason for this precaution is due to the possibility that when a round is fired, the nose of a bullet of a cartridge in the magazine might set off the primer of the round ahead of it. Accurate Arms was incorporated in McEwen, Tennessee, in 1980, after several years of selling surplus powders from the U.S. government. All shooting with our five .17 HMR rifles was done at Case life is long, and barrel life is normally around 7,000 or 8,000 rounds (at least for minute-of-varmint accuracy) due largely to the modest pressures and rather small powder charges. My most accurate 222 rem. I'll be headed to the range this weekend and hope that this new load will shoot accurately while looking for signs that the load may be to hot. His most successful wildcat, the .17 Hornet Improved, requires an RCBS die set for forming the case. All this gives the FTX a higher ballistic coefficient of .300 versus .195 for a roundnose bullet of the same weight. With 27.0 grains of A-1680, Speer 125-grain, .311-inch bullets leave the CZs 18.5-inch barrel at 2,335 fps. bullets farthest apart. Remington 7 1/2 BR. Berger bullet You must log in or register to reply here. I dumped 19.5 grains of A-2520 directly from a powder measure into .17 Remington Fireball cases and seated Hornady 25-grain V-MAX bullets. At 200 yards, 2,781fps velocity is becoming slower but there is still 429ft/lb energy on tap. It had a 24-inch heavy barrel. It's interesting to see actual velocity figures for Recently picked up another old Sako Vixen (L46) this one in 222 Rem Mag., and so far, best load is 26.5 IMR 4895, 50 gr. and 28-degree shoulder. The original purpose of the belted magnum concept taken from the .300 H&H Magnum and .375 H&H Magnum, was to provide precise headspace . this comparison is the accuracy results. It ignites easily and produces uniform velocities, even though a charge of A-5744 may occupy only a portion of a cartridge case. All in all, the fine old .35 Remington continues to hold its own in the midst of new competitors. I've managed to get 5 shot groups of .55" @ 100, and 1.70" @ 300. I always have space for at least one .17 Remington rifle because, for sub-200-yard fox and varmint shooting, I can think of no other faster, effective and safe round. can also be quite accurate. shooter error--were ignored, but all other hits were included in the During one of those conversations, I requested samples of any sub-caliber wildcats Ackley might have on hand. When introducing the .17 Remington Fireball in 2008, Remington copied the .17 Mach IV case with the exception of a couple of dimensions. load exceeded its published MV by 45 fps, the Remington Premier load respectable groups, either you or your rifle is probably the source of Joseph Von Benedikt is with Rafe Nielsen of Browning to take a look at a new X-Bolt series rifle. The Mossberg 500 Pump Action Shotgun is one of the most popular home defense shotguns on the market. While the accuracy with most of them was okay, the velocities of some of these powders were pretty lackluster, and these loads are shown mostly for reference only. Try 25 or 50 yards. The .223 Rem can benefit from all the case prep tricks, but good accurate .223 Rem varmint ammo has few secrets. We manufacture Partition, AccuBond, E-Tip, Ballistic Tip, Custom Competition and much more. is a fine Coyote cartridge but also, this round doesn't chop wood at all. ), A few precautions must be heeded when loading rounds like the .35 Rem. If you are shooting magpies, crows or other feathered vermin then a rapidly expanding 15-grain or 18-grain Berger is just the ticket. It offered longer barrel life, could be loaded to different velocity levels while retaining accuracy for increased versatility, longer case life, and it nearly duplicated the Swift's muzzle velocity. 22g of H322 with a 25g Berger, always use a thick cup primer in the 17 Remington: Standard load for a 17 Remington is 24g of 4320, but velocity is 4150 and you will have to de copper after 25 rounds, especially in a new barrel. We have found the accuracy potential of all three cartridges to be excellent and essentially the same. accurate arms. 55mm. Case length for the .280 is 2.540 inches (same as the .270) and a bit longer than the .30-06 (2.494 inches). Hornady bullets registered 2,454 fps burning 51.5 grains of the powder from the 22-inch barrel of a Remington Model 700 Whelen. Accurate 2460 and Sierra 69-grain bullets in the .223 Remington combined for these groups at 100 yards. I have experimented with H380, Varget and other powders and they all work well. Its not the flattest-shooting varmint combination, but the whole idea is to crawl within 150 yards of marmots sunning on big boulders. Walther's new Performance Duty Pistol is ready for both concealed carry and conventional service situations. smaller (3-5/16" diameter) bullseyes on each target, which we thought This bullet is a plastic-tip, boat-tail design that is In addition to the soft polymer tip, the FTX has a high antimony core, and the jacket has the InterLock ring for reliable penetration and good expansion. A decrease in body taper gained back some of the capacity loss, but its gross water capacity is still about one grain less than for Ackleys version. After that, if you are still not getting With the smallest are the Speer 180- and 220-grain softpoint flatnose (SPFN). 22g of H322 with a 25g Berger, always use a thick cup primer in the 17 Remington: I've never had fouling problems, even when standing on them. claimed MV of 2650 fps and ME of 264 ft. lbs. Starting with a load of 23-grain RL15 with a 15-grain Berger produces 3,610fps. By that time most of his hearing was gone, and his daughter would answer the phone and relay the conversation back and forth between her father and the caller. A dose of 43.0 grains of LVR gives it a muzzle energy of 2,219 ft-lbs. The 25 gr. sierra Gameking , AOL. RifleShooter Magazine editor Scott Rupp breaks down all the features of the Mossberg Patriot Predator rifle chambered in 6.5 PRC. 2. It shoots tighter than I can hold. Last edited by obaro; 04/10/20 09:18 AM. WARNING: The loads shown here are safe only in the guns for which they were developed. The testing was done over several range sessions. Shooting reloads may void any warranty on your firearm. Most factory ammo features 50gr to 60gr projectiles.The 22-250 Remington Load Data for Peregrine Bullets is made available to enhance accuracy and consistency for the rifle connoisseur. You find load data for cartridges in caliber .17 Rem. All proved to be This is still capable of cleanly killing a fox. velocity/energy figures for this load are 2050 fps and 159 ft. lbs. Groups hover around an inch at 100 yards. Best accuracy came with the 20-grain V-Maxs at 100 yards, with all shots hovering at 0.45in. This was before coyotes invaded the East and decimated the groundhog population, so we accounted for our share of them. These last two perform better in faster twist barrels, which really gives the reloader a lot of scope when producing their own ammunition. (Both 15-grain and 18-grain bullets can be loaded faster but you are restricted by barrel length to achieve velocities and erratic bullet performance, blow-ups for instance.). Tips, techniques, and equipment are applied to these classroom discussions on how to become more proficient and successful at making long-range shots while hunting with AR-platform rifles. Mag. One is the Marlin Model 336 lever action (made in 1975). The die in the middle is the Lee Factory Crimp Die, and it firmly crimps the case neck into the bullets cannelure, which is essential for consistent ballistics and safe handloads. I load 44.5 grains of the powder with Sierra 50-grain BlitzKing bullets for the same velocity from the 26-inch barrel of a Winchester Model 70 Varmint. Does anyone know how much smaller the volume is on this brass vs Rem brass? * We tested two different Marlin Model 917VS and Ruger K77/17VMBBZ rifles. Speaking of the guns I used, I was fortunate to have on hand two fine guns chambered for the .35 Rem. REMINGTON Premier AccuTip-V: smallest group 13/16"; the Isaac Walton rifle range, located in the forested hills south of Standard Large Rifle primers are perfectly adequate for the .35 Rem., as most powder charges are in the 40- to 45-grains range. Loading the .17 is really good fun and today there are enough good bullet manufacturers producing high-quality bullets to get the best from the calibre. I fired a couple of loads with the Barnes 180-grain TTSX in the Outfitter single shot, but I must emphasize that these pointed bullets are suited only for single-shot rifles or pump guns or autoloaders and should not be used in guns with tubular magazines. staff members, including yours truly, shot groups through five However, some Marlin Model 336s have been observed with very short throats that may contact the bullet when a cartridge is chambered. Westerns data guide lists A-2200 loads for the .17 Hornet, .223 Remington, 6mm PPC and 6mm BR. Remington Model 547 Custom C Grade, .17 HMR - 0.69" (Remington) Anschutz Model 1717 D Classic, .17 HMR - 0.73" (CCI) . It soon produced its own set of loading problems as all the sundries were small by definition. a whopping 8" at 150 yards. Anschutz Model 1717 D Classic, .17 HMR - 0.92", (TIE) CZ Model 452-2E American, .17 HMR - 1.06", Anschutz Model 1717 D KL, .17 HMR - 1.08", (TIE) Remington Model 547 Custom C Grade, .17 HMR - 1.13", (TIE) Remington Model 504-T LS HB, .17 HMR - 1.16", Thompson/Center Contender G2, .17 HMR - 1.21", Marlin Model 917VS ("B")*, .17 HMR - 1.25", Winchester 1885 Low Wall Hunter, .17 WSM - 1.25", Savage Model 93R17 Classic, .17 HMR - 1.31", Ruger M77/17VMBBZ ("A")*, .17 HMR - 1.44", Stevens Favorite Model 30R17, .17 HMR - 1.46", Ruger M77/17VMBBZ ("B")*, .17 HMR - 1.54", Winchester 1885 Low Wall, .17 HMR - 2.05", Remington Model 547 Custom C Grade, .17 HMR - 0.69" (Remington), Anschutz Model 1717 D Classic, .17 HMR - 0.73" (CCI), Savage B.MAG Target, .17 WSM - 0.75" (Winchester), Thompson/Center Contender G2, .17 HMR - 0.80" (Remington), Remington Model 597 LS HB, .17 HMR - 0.84" (CCI), Browning T-Bolt Target/Varmint, .17 HMR - 0.88" (Winchester), Anschutz Model 1717 D KL, .17 HMR - 0.93" (Remington), Weatherby Mark XXII, .17 HMR - 0.94" (Hornady), CZ Model 452-2E American, .17 HMR - 0.96" (CCI), Remington Model 504-T LS HB, .17 HMR - 0.98" (Federal), (TIE) Marlin Model 917VS ("A")*, .17 HMR - 1.0" (Hornady), Anschutz Model 1502 D HB, .17 M2 - 1.06" (Hornady), Marlin Model 917VS ("B")*, .17 HMR - 1.13" (Hornady), (TIE) Savage Model 93R17-BTVS, .17 HMR - 1.17" (CCI), (TIE) Ruger M77/17VMBBZ ("A")*, .17 HMR - 1.25" (Hornady), Stevens Favorite Model 30R17, .17 HMR - 1.27" (Hornady & Remington - tie), (TIE)Henry Golden Boy, .17 HMR - 1.40" (Remington), Ruger M77/17VMBBZ ("B")*, .17 HMR - 1.47" (CCI), Winchester 1885 Low Wall, .17 HMR - 1.5" (Remington). Additionally, ammunition for the .17 HMR is often somewhat cheaper, too; for instance, MidwayUSA lists loads priced from $10.99 to $14.99 per fifty-round package, with the leadless options comprising the . ballistic coefficient (BC) of this bullet at .123. Though, as with all the .17 bullets, if you push them too fast, too soon, the high rotational spin in flight can cause the bullet to disintegrate before it reaches the target. AVERAGE GROUP SIZE WITH MOST ACCURATE BRAND OF AMMUNITION. I calculated the Extreme velocity spread for those loads was only 53 fps. V-MAX bullet at a MV of 2550 fps and ME of 245 ft. lbs. 2525 fps and muzzle energy (ME) of 241 ft. lbs. Accurate 2460 shot 20- and 25-grain bullets a good 250 fps faster than other powders loaded in the .17 Fireball, and with great accuracy. load in a winchester mod. Tried a couple of mid range loads and velocity was way high for the loads. Alternatives, getting heavy barm # 13676946 03/21/19. Thats as fast as any powder has shot that bullet weight from my 7mm Magnum. | Absolute minimum barrel gap and the barrel nut tight. The .35 Remingtons rim was slightly larger, at 0.460 inch, and the case was a little shorter, 1.92 inches versus 2.03 inches for the other Remington rounds. Bullet weight: 168, 180 Berger HVLDs. There is only so much powder you can burn efficiently down that tiny barrel diameter, and because of this, very small changes of powder weights can give skyward pressures and inconsistency, therefore change your powder weights by 1?10th increments. Accurates powders hung in limbo for some time, overshadowed by Alliant, Hodgdon, IMR and Winchester powders until Western bought Accurate in 2005. Remington surprised everyone by legitimising the .17 by not domesticating the .17/223 cartridge, as expected, but by using the .223 case and pushing the shoulder back, therefore producing a longer neck. The CCI A17 load has a catalog MV of 2650 fps and chronographed between 2775 and 2809 fps from our test rifles. REMINGTON Premier AccuTip-V: high 2626 fps; low 2591 136 ft. lbs. Greetings. 223 Remington: 52 grain Berger MEF bullets, LaPua brass, Federal 205 M (match) primers and H 335 powder. That pair shot five bullets well under .5 inch the best the old Swift rifle has shot any load. The Federal Premium V-Shok load we tested uses a 17 grain Speer TNT JHP bullet at a claimed MV of 2550 fps and ME of 245 ft. lbs. This fast-burning, double-base, extruded powder is made in Canada. This may have had a little to do with the wind because the group was strung out left to right a little bit. largest group 2-3/4"; mean average group = 1-13/32". Beth Shimanski of Savage introduces their all new straight-pull rifle. SIG Sauer P365 Pistol Now Offered in .380, Savage Model 110 Timberline 6.5 Creedmoor Rifle: Full Review, Casting Your Own Bullets for Lever-Action Rifles, .300 PRC vs. .300 Win Mag: Rifle Cartridge Comparison Review, The Colt Anaconda .44 Rem. This rifle was The Model 8 was offered in the .25, .30, .32, and .35 Remingtons. .17 HMR ammunition is pretty darn good! I'll be trying a load .5 gr. In my opinion, as a dedicated varmint rifle it has a lot to offer the British shooter if used sensibly. (I used Hornady dies in my Redding T-7 Turret press to prepare the handloads for this article. These .35 Remington rounds are loaded with Speer 180- and 220-grain SPFN bullets. Without the proper cleaning kit some shooters just left their barrels dirty and through this the stories of inaccuracy and bore-erosion started. My 17 won't shoot the 20 gr VMAX and the 25 seems to give better air time. went on to be chambered in Remington Model 14 and 141 pump actions, the Model 81 semiautomatic, and the Model 30 bolt action. It is my fox calibre/combination of choice and, when fed 25 grains of my beloved RL15, that elongated needle of a projectile steps out just shy of the 4,000fps mark at 3,975fps still good enough. Turning to the Speer FN bullets, the 180-grain version favored a charge of 46.0 grains at 2,316 fps. #9. h1000, 160gr AB's, fed215's and good brass will get you what your looking for. CCI's published 100 MagPro loaded in the .270 Winchester shot two different 150-grain bullets a touch slower than 2,900 fps. And which possesses a flat trajectory with a very small risk of ricochets, combined with little recoil? I'm burning Tac and 25 gr VMAX in my old 17 Rem and it really shoots well. I fired 21 handloads in the Model 336 and 10 loads in the Outfitter. The .35 Rem. Groups were measured from center to center of the More Than 450 Handloads. Hornady of Israeli Defense Forces, joins David Fortier for an exclusive interview for Shotgun News. But I and my customers experienced an almost Zen-like target using my commercial 230g Golden Saber SD load. It is a great powder for cartridges from the .17 Remington Fireball to the .22-250 Remington. There is a great deal of variation in .22 Hornet brass. I had some trouble with the 25 grain vmaxes, even though i have a 1:9 twist. It's also capable of long-distance shots. The CCI A17 load uses a 17 grain Varmint Tip bullet at a claimed MV of 2650 fps and ME of 264 ft. lbs. air movement in the hills and it does enlarge .17 HMR groups. 10 MPH crosswind this bullet will drift 3.3" laterally at 100 yards and If this is the situation with the Model 336 at hand, the simple solution is to trim the cases about 0.010 inch shorter than the trim length noted earlier. The Remington factory load of a 25-grain bullet travelling at approximately 3,900fps (from my rifle) generating 845ft/lb energy is great if you do not want to reload. hotter than the one listed in the 1st post and hope to be getting approx. At 200 yards you will security jobs paying $30 an hour; most accurate 17 remington load England and Wales company registration number 2008885. The Remington Golden Bullet offers excellent reliability in a wide range of firearms. There are many .35 Rem. Remington 7 1/2. extreme spread 92 fps; average = 2595 fps. Only thing I don't like about the 17 cal is, bullets. 2-Pack Universal Magazine IWB Concealed Carry Holster, Single Double Stack Mags Pouch for Glock 17 26 43 Sig 1911 S&W M&P 9mm. Expecting to receive a half-dozen or so, I was quite surprised after opening the package to see more than 30 different cartridges ranging in size from the .17 Lilliput on a shortened .22 Hornet case to the .17 Swift on the full-length .220 Swift case. You are using an out of date browser. Choose the most accurate and effective bullet weight in your own gun. To show viewers how to succeed at long range, J. Guthrie gears up for a challenging shot while chasing Colorado pronghorn at long range with DPMS' Panther 6.5 Creedmoor. velocity and energy figures for this load at 100 yards are 1901 fps and The .35 Rem. Using Hornady .17 Hornet brass to form .17 Ackley Hornet cases eliminates the need for case-forming dies. Remington's Premier load offers a 17 grain AccuTip-V The first three were rimless versions of the Winchester cartridges, with slight dimensional changes, and had 0.421-inch rims. Typically, groups with each rifle are fired for record by three or four Guns and Shooting Online staffers and/or contributors. Gee, I thought there'd be a bunch of posts on this one! Simply run a case through the Ackley full-length resizer and it is ready to load. instrumental velocities for our five loads, including the highest Today the problem is rectified by properly sourced kit but, as they say, mud sticks. An additional 100 fps of velocity might be squeezed from other powders in the .22-250, but youd be hard-pressed to improve accuracy. PPU's .22 Hornet ammo is ok, just not terribly accurate.