kalamazoo valley community college board of trustees election

While online classes solve a lot of the issues with Covid-19, they are not the full answer for students who struggle with online learning and dont have computer or internet connections to access the classes. Kalamazoo Valley Museum 230 North Rose Street 269-373-7990 museumstaff@kvcc.edu. Official Disclaimer, Kalamazoo College All Rights Reserved 2018. Crisis Response TITLE Agreement between the Kalamazoo Valley Community. display: block; She was, Zondervan is an adjunct professor at KVCC and Controller/CFO at Kalamazoo Christian Schools. I'm running for KVCC Board of Trustees because education, especially at the Community College level is a vital key to improving . Kalamazoo Valley Community College Board of Trustees Lucinda Stinson Oshtemo Township Supervisor - Libby Heiny-Cogswell Clerk - Dusty Farmer Trustees (4): Zak Ford Cheri Bell Kizzy Bradford Kristen Cole Vote YES for Clean Water Comstock Public Schools Board of Education Kayleen O'Donnell. (b=d([55356,56826,55356,56819],[55356,56826,8203,55356,56819]))&&(b=d([55356,57332,56128,56423,56128,56418,56128,56421,56128,56430,56128,56423,56128,56447],[55356,57332,8203,56128,56423,8203,56128,56418,8203,56128,56421,8203,56128,56430,8203,56128,56423,8203,56128,56447]),!b);case"emoji":return b=d([55358,56760,9792,65039],[55358,56760,8203,9792,65039]),!b}return!1}function f(a){var c=b.createElement("script");c.src=a,c.defer=c.type="text/javascript",b.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(c)}var g,h,i,j,k=b.createElement("canvas"),l=k.getContext&&k.getContext("2d");for(j=Array("flag","emoji"),c.supports={everything:!0,everythingExceptFlag:!0},i=0;i *During Election night please allow 15-20 seconds for Detailed . Elections in the City of Kalamazoo The Elections Division of the City Clerks Office exists to foster increasing trust and participation in the electoral process and our democratic institutions through the maintenance of accurate voter registration records, the efficient administration of federal, state, and local elections, and the expansion of voter services. Publication of candidate statements and opinions is solely in the interest of public service and should NOT be considered as an endorsement. Elected by Trustee Area, Board members serve four-year terms. jQuery(function($){ Davis was appointed to the KCC Board of Trustees in 2007 to fill a partial term; he won election to the board in 2009 and re-election in 2016 and is currently the . Nondiscrimination Policy Bobby Rush District Map, Cookie Settings/Do Not Sell My Personal Information. S. Si Johnson, Chair James A. Clayton, Vice Chair Hans P. Morefield, Treasurer Catherine Bonnes, Interim Assistant Treasurer Amy S. Courter, Secretary Melanie K. Williams, Assistant Secretary He has 20 years of experience teaching business and economics at KVCC and more than 30 years as CFO at Kalamazoo Christian Schools, The United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region, Park Village Pines Long-Term Care Facilities and the Kalamazoo Credit Bureau. A retired Stryker executive, Johnson follows Charlotte Hall 66 as chairperson. - frontliners@kvcc.edu. Two compete for long-held Kalamazoo County Clerk and Register of Deeds position, 16 candidates square off for 8 seats on Kalamazoo County board, See who is endorsing candidates for Kalamazoo Public Schools Board of Education. community history, science, technology and culture in an interactive way. November 3rd,2020 General Presidential Election Calhoun County Official Election Results Kellogg Community College Board of Trustees 3 Positions Patrick A. O'Donnell: 18905: Kevin Rabineau: 13355: Carla C. Reynolds: 24814: T.R. Ariana Grande Cousin Colleen, The Kalamazoo Mandolin and Guitar Orchestra is a plucked string ensemble of mandolins, mandolas, mandocellos, guitars and bass. First and foremost we need to follow the law as directed by our governor. 2023 Kalamazoo Valley Community College (269) 488.4400 6767 West O Ave. Wellness. The introduction of the Healthy living campus has major connections with Bronson Health Services, WMU Medical School and Integrated Community Services ( previously know as Community Mental Health) has introduced new and innovative programs to the community. @media only screen and (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 1366px) { Bias Reporting Incumbent Susan This is evident in both their academic programs, (Wind Turbine, Police Academy) and their continuing education programs . Yates County chronicle. A retired Stryker executive, Johnson follows Charlotte Hall '66 as chairperson. Forty years ago on May 13, 1980 a tornado bore down on Kalamazoo. Departments and Programs max-width: 750px; Comstock Public Schools Board of Education Kayleen O'Donnell. ga('create', 'UA-39919305-1', 'brandkarma.org'); College Board of Trustees and the Kalamazoo Valley Community College Faculty Association, Including Amended Article V Dated September 13, 1972, 1971-1973. She was, Zondervan is an adjunct professor at KVCC and Controller/CFO at Kalamazoo Christian Schools. The board last year created a last-minute window for dark horses to slide into a round of finalist interviews. Schoolcraft board eyes grants, student counts, Indian Run Golf Course Upgrades Facilities. How To Get Loot Boxes In Shadow Of War. My experience in both business and the classroom will be an asset for KVCC to assist in these goals. $(document).ready(function() { } Being that I work in higher education, I am able to have a finger on the pulse of what is important to students and their families. Malta remained for 72 years subject of the emperors of Germany. Kalamazoo Valley Community College Board of Trustees candidates (from left) Lucinda Stinson, Scott Zondervan and Mary Gustas. #fancybox-left-ico, #fancybox-right-ico { MLive Media Group partnered with the League of Women Voters of Michigan to provide candidate information for readers. $('.boxheight').matchHeight(); This is evident in both their academic programs, (Wind Turbine, Police Academy) and their continuing education programs . font-size: 18px; This leads to a stable and growing community that benefits everyone. Why are you running for a board seat? In addition to working in an administrative capacity, I have also taught at Western Michigan University. My 20 years of teaching at KVCC has encouraged me that people of all ages in our community have a desire to learn, to understand, and improve not only their future, but their family legacy. Locations & Maps Election Results November 6, 2012 General Election Details. Information on all state and federal races and many of Michigans county and local races is available at Vote411.org, an online voter guide created by the League of Women Voters. The Michigan Legislature Website is a free service of the Legislative Service Bureau in cooperation with the Michigan Legislative Council, the Michigan House of Representatives, t Cafeteria services on the main campus have implemented a Subway model ensuring that students are receiving fresh food with safety precautions to ensure cleanliness. top: auto; Why are you running for a board seat? })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); INSTITUTION Kalamazoo Valley Community Coll., Mich. PUB DATE [71] NOTE 45p. Im 33 years old, originally from Parma, Michigan and Im running for Kalamazoo Valley Community College Board of Trustees. Local companies are able to secure re-certification in various safety requirements and receive assistance in developing new programs for their employees. Board members are elected officials who serve six-year terms without compensation. margin-top: -8px; All responses in the voter guide were submitted directly by the candidate and have not been edited by the League of Women Voters, except for a necessary cut if a reply exceeded character limitations. 319 views, 11 likes, 0 loves, 1 comments, 1 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Kalamazoo Valley Community College: Board of Trustees Jeff Patton Address #wewill speed: 'fast', More classes being offered online, workstations have been dispersed throughout the 9th Street an Arcadia campuses that have hand sanitizers, gloves and masks. The board defines the vision of the college, serves as a liaison between the college and the community, approves annual budgets and sets policies, among other responsibilities. Unless otherwise announced, Board of Trustees meetings are held inside Room 301A of the Roll Health and . This is evident in both their academic programs, (Wind Turbine, Police Academy) and their continuing education programs . The current Board Members for 2021-2022 are: Sara Hernandez, Member of the Board (Seat No. My experience in both business and the classroom will be an asset for KVCC to assist in these goals. Articles cover recognition, responsibilities and privileges of association, employment conditions, working conditions, professional compensation, grievance procedure, and other provisions. During that period I have served as board chair, vice chair and on the Finance Committee and the presidents evaluation committee.I believe that my historical knowledge and previous experience in Higher Education Administration at Kalamazoo College and Grand Valley State University are a benefit in understanding many of the issues presented to the board of trustees at KVCC. These scholarships are funded by corporations, businesses, and private individuals for the benefit and support of Kalamazoo Valley students. She is a retired Kalispell Public Schools Assistant Superintendent. width: 100% !important; Light 89, Retired, Former Dow Chemical Finance Leader, Midland MIAlexander C. Lipsey 72, Circuit Judge, Kalamazoo County, Kalamazoo, MIMilo R. Madole 12, Attorney, Dykema Gossett PLLC, Detroit, MIHans P. Morefield 92, CEO, CHESS Health, Rochester, NYDonald R. Parfet H13, Managing Director, Apjohn Group, LLC, Kalamazoo, MIGail A. Raiman 73, Retired Consultant, Raiman Consulting, LLC, Arlington, VAChristopher P. Reynolds 83, Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer, Toyota Motor North America; Deputy Chief Officer, General Administration, Risk and Compliance, Toyota Motor Corporation, Plano, TXMary Beth Sarhatt, Executive Director, Shepherds Center for Greater Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo, MIWilliam R. Stoeri 78, Managing Partner, Dorsey & Whitney LLP, Minneapolis, MN Jon L. Stryker 82, President and Founder, Arcus Foundation, New York, NYBonnie Wachter Swenby 69, Retired, Dentist, Oxboro Dental Care, Minneapolis, MNAmy E. Upjohn, Community Volunteer, Richland, MIM. The Kalamazoo Valley Museum is operated by Kalamazoo Valley Community College and is governed by its Board of Trustees. 2023 Advance Local Media LLC. bottom: auto; A culinary program in the Schlack facility that trains medical professionals in the area of medical nutrition. Currently, I serve as the Chief of Staff and Board of Trustees Liaison at Kalamazoo Valley Community College, leading strategic planning efforts for the college, ensuring compliance with legal and . EDRS PRICE MF-$0.65 HC-$3.29 Site by NK. -webkit-box-sizing: border-box;