is rockland, ma a good place to live

Not only was every faculty member and teacher entirely committed to growing my academic potential, but also to ensuring every student has pathways to better understand their place in the world around them and navigate personal questions of purpose that are so essential to a high schoolers development. For one, having a gas station and a store would be nice. Read 8 reviews. Grand Army of the Republic Hall and Museum, Censuss most recent American Community Survey, Download The Entire Massachusetts Ranking Data, High population density (Lots of things to do). The town is only 20. Niche User: Really nice area only an hour outside of the city which can make it very exciting going from relaxing coast to vibrant city. Read 7 reviews. I feel we have too many pizza joints and we could incorporate a bakery or maybe a vegan/vegetarian restaurant. Read 61 reviews. Current Resident: Best kept secret in Massachusetts.Cape Cod without the traffic. The top form of property protection among Massachusetts residents this year is a. I wanted a big yard and a lot of space between the neighbors and me.. Current Resident: A very charming community! The cost of living also makes it difficult for locals to pay their bills. This historic seaport has a population with a median age of 45, making it the oldest place we'll be covering on this list. Hingham has so much to offer and it is a beautiful town!. Rockland has the reputation of being more bohemian than nearby Westchester especially Nyack, which has been home to writers, actors, and artists for generations (the most famous being Edward Hopper). Our 2022 State of Safety survey found that Massachusetts residents concern about their safety matches the national average. 7,043,501 and 7,680,859. It is. Current Resident: I've met so many friends here that I've stayed friends with for over a decade. Find the Best Places To Live The towns schools fall short of expectations as well, with none scoring better than a 6/10 on Great Schools. Verizon FiOS is currently available for the state of New York. Gun Violence Archive, Past Summary Ledgers, Accessed January 24, 2022. Lakeville is the kins of town that i would love to raise a family. 44 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. 3 of the safest cities (Wayland, Clinton, and. Rockland Federal Credit Union | MA Personal & Business Banking (800) 562-7328 Routing: 211373348 Personal Resources Scam Alert: Spam Text Messages Scammers are impersonating banks to get into your account. #22 Best Places to Live in Plymouth County. There are no malls, and there is no reason why anyone would have to pass through Hanson to get anywhere, so the traffic is limited to locals. In town, you can get a taste of history at the Grand Army of the Republic Hall and Museum. Featured Review: Current Resident says Pembroke is a smaller town on the South Shore with riverfront space, plenty of ponds and trails, and excellent public school teachers. Its quiet,safe, and close to everything i need. Crime risk indices are nationally comparable on a 1 100 scale, where 100 means safer than 100% of U.S. neighborhoods. Below youll find the five most affordable cities in Massachusetts, but please keep in mind: These cities arent necessarily just the cheapest places in the state. Population: 93,743Rank Last Year: 10 (Up 2)Median Home Value: $323,100Unemployment Rate: 5.9%More on Lynn: Data|Photos. This means Rockland is one of the safest places in America in which to live for its size, a very important finding. The town is very welcoming and an excellent town to bring up your family. Even though the coffee is weak, coffee-based drinks sugary, donuts empty, and hot items little more than ultra-zapped fast food, they have a loyal following, and at least they're dependable and fast. If youre curious enough, here are the best cities to live in Massachusetts: Nick Johnson earned his masters in Business Administration from the Drucker School At Claremont Graduate University. Click on the state image or dropdown menu below to check out the safest cities for each state. Massachusetts violent crime rate this reporting year is 3.1 per 1,000 people (US 4.0), with a property crime rate of 10.5 (US 19.6). All different ethnicities and cultures during the school season, but slows down during the summer. Our nationwide meta-analysis overcomes the issues inherent in any crime database, including non-reporting and reporting errors. Are you way into volleyball? Updated . Lawrence is built along the Merrimack River in the northeastern part of the state, near the New Hampshire border. See all Dyer Memorial Library 3 Libraries 10th District Brewing Company 7 Breweries The Company Theatre 42 Theaters Ames Nowell State Park 14 Forests, State Parks Oasis Day Spa 30 Spas Good Life Kitchen 3 Cooking Classes For example, check out the Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast Museum to learn more about the towns most famous murder case. Every state has to have its Springfield, right? We dont think its a stretch to assume that people like the following things: The data comes from the Censuss most recent American Community Survey and from the FBI Uniform Crime Report. People here are very friendly and welcoming. The community features an unemployment rate of 4.7% and a median income of $56,802. Newton A+. Nearly a fifth of the city's 89,388 residents lives below the poverty line. For the last nine years, Livability editors and data scientists have combined our great love of cities and data to create our annual ranking of the Top 100 Best Places to Live in America. The median household income is only $41,308 annually. 13. The community is known as the birthplace of Johnny Appleseed, a legacy it celebrates each year with the Johnny Appleseed Arts and Cultural Festival, and it is still home to one working apple orchard Sholan Farms a 169-acre farm that draws residents and visitors with its dozens of delicious apple varieties, as well as its pick-your-own raspberry and blueberry operation. 56 Niche users give it an average review of 3.8 stars. Read 72 reviews. It can be pretty daunting at first, especially if you're new to an area. We are thrilled with our decision to build a home here! Contact Us Nick's the creator of the HomeSnacks YouTube channel that now has over 260,000 subscribers and is an excellent source to learn about different parts of the country. The good points of Lynn? Then, from Monday, March 30 through the last week of May, the consistency of his school day was just what we hoped for. Furthermore, only cities with at least 12,000 people were considered leaving 39 cities. Amherst Amherst is in Hampshire County and has a population of 40,000 people. There are only three other cities in the state with a higher crime rate (Holyoke has the worst crime). Curious about crime and safety in your area? Hanover is a quiet town where everyone seems to know each other and get along very well. View the complete 2022 State of Safety report. Like all states, Massachusetts has its share of issues. Advance operates more than 6000 retail stores in 40 states and has annual sales of USD$10 billions. It had this darling little ice cream shop, FarFars that completely made my trip! per Student . Manage Settings Rockland is 63.0% more expensive than Norwalk. Overall, gun safety is a big concern for The Bay State, though mass shootings are down from the year before. Theres more to cry about in Brockton these days than holiday anxiety. We then leverage that expertise to develop city rankings for a range of topics including small towns, college towns and our annual Top 100 Best Places to Live. From our analysis, we discovered that violent crime in Rockland occurs at a rate higher than in most communities of all population sizes in America. Bordering New Hampshire, Methuen, MAis filled with historic structures and destinations, including the Methuen Memorial Music Hall. Her hobbies include fixing up her 100-year-old house, doing artsy stuff, and going to the lake with her family. Current Resident: Pembroke is a smaller town on the South Shore with riverfront space, plenty of ponds and trails, and excellent public school teachers. There are about 9.1 students per teacher in Rockland. Discover your neighborhood's best match, anywhere. Song of the Quarry is inspired by both the bucolic. By Livability.com on July 19, 2022. Crime risk data are updated annually. That morning, his screen lit up with images and familiar faces at precisely 8:15 am. It's safe and has an excellent school district. For every 1,000 residents, 8.21 violent crimes are committed with 28.19 property crimes. . After analyzing the 39 most populous cities, we came up with this list as the 10 worst places in Massachusetts:The 10 Worst Places To Live In Massachusetts For 2021BrocktonSpringfieldNew BedfordFall RiverNorth AdamsHolyokeChelseaLynnLawrenceFitchburg. A coastal city located in the southern part of the state, Fall River ranks among the biggest cities in Massachusetts. The town's official motto is "We'll Try." Well, maybe they need to try harder. Copyright 2000-2023 Location Inc. Read 10 reviews. Voter participation at the annual Town Meeting could be improved (very few people attend). Its residents predominantly white middle class and doesnt reflect the melting pot of the United States. In closing i love my town but I love the future of Lakeville .. Current Resident: Moving here was the best option! Population: 40,241Rank Last Year: 6 (No Change)Median Home Value: $195,800Unemployment Rate: 6.0%More on Holyoke: Data|Photos. In the summertime, Marshfield is the place to be. Gun Violence Archive, General Methodology, Accessed March 8, 2022. Violent crime dropped 6% overall since last year. Brockton gets credit for introducing the first department store Santa in the U.S., when a local store owner dressed up in 1890. The "Blade" release date rumors get settled "Legends of Tomorrow" gets a new trailer. Image: SafeWise. Many young professionals and retirees live in Burlington and residents tend to be liberal. 22 Niche users give it an average review of 4.1 stars. FBI: Crime Data Explorer, Accessed March 8, 2022. Most accurate 2021 crime rates for Rockland, MA. 10 Best Affordable Places to Live in Massachusetts 2023 . Combine that with the communitys median household income of $62,710, and its easy to see why Quincy landed the No. Wellesley A+. Featured Review: Current Resident says I moved to Mattapoisett from Vermont and entered public school. My town biggest downfall is that its not diverse at all. Just one in 456. Rockland Tourism: Best of Rockland Essential Rockland Do Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences. Everyone who lives here are friendly and helps each others whether it's a snowstorm or finances. For definitions and more on data sources, see our methodology page. Explore the best places to live in the U.S. based on crime, public schools, cost of living, job opportunities, and local amenities. Featured Review: Current Resident says Plymouth is one of those towns a person can live in and never leave. And then you have places like Brockton and Taunton. Rockland Massachusetts Live Traffic and Accident Reports. Stop wasting Apartments For Rent in Concord, NH Sort: Just For You 25 rentals PET FRIENDLY $1,855 - $2,165/mo 1-2bd 1-2ba The Apartments at Cranmore Ridge, Concord, NH 03301 PET FRIENDLY $1,450/mo 2bd 1ba Oak Creek - A Beautiful Place to Live, Concord, NH 03303 NEW - 2 HRS AGO PET FRIENDLY $1,525/mo 1bd 1ba 600 sqft 204 1/2 N Main St #1 . Population: 40,702Rank Last Year: 7 (Down 3)Median Home Value: $196,600Unemployment Rate: 8.3%More on Fitchburg: Data|Photos. A couple hundred years ago, the area rose to prominence as an early manufacturing center. I grew up in a suburb north of Boston with postage stamp yards. Read more. Property The median home cost is $244,800, while the median household income is $68,587 (and thats gone up 38.21 percent since 2000, significantly higher than the national average rate of 27.36 percent). It has a bustling community, particularly during the summer months. Featured Review: Current Resident says I have lived in Hingham for 45 years and brought up my two children here. While I would like nothing more than to raise my family there, financially I am not in a position to purchase a home there. Read 22 reviews. Featured Review: Current Resident says A very charming community! I recently moved here a few months ago and i absolutely love the public schools system. Instead, we looked at theaveragecost of living, as well askey components such astransportation, housing, dining options and utilities. It is extremely close to Central Square which is a hub of lively activity ranging from music shows to diverse restaurants. It is extra special to get fresh eggs from the neighbors or anywhere in town. 18 Niche users give it an average review of 4.1 stars. Sign up for our weekly newsletter emails to get the latest news and tips to make your life safer. Super accessible buy commuter rail and a nice center of town with shops and eateries. Read 56 reviews. If you visit Holyoke, theres more to see than just the volleyball museum. Where are these places you wonder? Featured Review: Niche User says I love Duxbury! Past 12 months=12 months prior to survey. Through your Public Housing Agency (or PHA) the Section 8 Certificate Program and the Housing Voucher Program help you to rent a good place. Coincidentally, Maine is super safe. [2] => 149020 There was a slight year-over-year decline in violent crime, from 3.3 incidents per 1,000 people to 3.1. An affordable place to live right on or near the ocean - and getting better every year. It's one of the least dangerous states in the country. The school community is great too! We asked Massachusetts residents which crimes they worry may happen to them. The SafeWise Team is pleased to release the eighth annual Safest Cities report. The town is only 20 miles from Boston, so very accessible to the arts and restaurants in the city. The schools are full of preppy, entitled kids who think they are better than you because their family is rich. We used science and data to determine which cities in the Bay State are the real pits. Wayland reported 0 property crimes, which is very unusual. The charming Bellingham Square Historic District provides a sample of the areas appeal. Your chance of being a victim of violent crime in Rockland is 1 in 395 and property crime is 1 in 456. Meanwhile, the town also has a high crime rate and a weak school system. A downtown for a more small urban feel, suburban family neighborhoods, rural farmland, pondI absolutely love living in Plymouth!. The community is active and the restaurants/amenities are an awesome plus. Well, this was the original one. Its quiet,safe, and close to everything i need. Just like any town it does have its high-end and lower-end neighborhoods but when you meet people here there is no judgement about where you live. These recommendations for things to do in Rockland Maine offer you the true New England experience right on the coast. #18 Best Places to Live in Plymouth County. NOTE: If you dont see your city on the list, it means that it was below the population threshold or didnt submit a complete crime report to the FBI in 2020. 61 Niche users give it an average review of 3.3 stars. The 10 Most Affordable Cities in America 2016. #3 Best Places to Live in Rockland County Blauvelt Suburb of New York City, NY 9 reviews Former Resident: I grew up in Blauvelt and it's the perfect place to live! Home appreciation the last 10 years has been 4.8%. 46% of Massachusetts residents say their personal safety has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic compared to 44% of Americans. Get in now before youre priced out!. He has been featured in over 500 publications as an expert in real estate and as an authority on real estate trends. I am obviously a pleased consumer and . But, overall, the schools are superior to most others in the area. Crime, My Chances of Becoming a Victim of a Even with these financial woes, the cost of living tracks 10% above the national average. 39435. Read 39 reviews. Me and my family are much happier and there are so many opportunities for work and healthy lifestyles! It is known for its historical sites and small businesses, which offer a variety of services to the local community.