independent fundamental baptist rules

The sacredness of human personality is evident in that God created man in His own image and is mindful of him, and in that Christ died for man; therefore every individual possesses dignity and is worthy of respect and Christian love. Wow! [13] Robertson had previously attracted media attention after he stated that gay people should be shot and New Zealand prime minister Jacinda Ardern should "go home and get in the kitchen". The IFB is the organization hurting His cause. People that are lost cant do what God has commanded because of unbelief. Jonathan I have a question for you..IF the wine is grape juice (as in the water Jesus turned to wine)HOW can you get drunk on it???? Ive known many people whom God has reached using the IFB. People need Jesuswhats the big deal? I wish you had broken up your last paragraph into multiple paragraph everything runs together. No, because thats not Gods will. Tithing is also commanded in the bible and we are to give because he loves us and give with a joyful heart. Some of these are humorous and right on the money. I cant stand when preachers pound the pulpits because its distracting and irritating for me though I am not against preachers yelling as long as they dont yell too loud. If you compromise too much with the world, satan gets in and anything can happen thats why the word says to stay vigilant. Section 1: General This is a sovereign and democratic independent fundamental Baptist church under the Lordship of Jesus Christ. If you think that other than suits and ties for men is too casual for Sundays While I dont believe that you must dress up for church with suits and ties, however, I do believe we should honor God in His house by dressing up. [6] Adam Fannin, the lead preacher at SBC's Jacksonville satellite campus, refused to acknowledge the authority of Jonathan Shelley, another Texas New IFB pastor who took over SBCFort Worth following Romero's resignation. You got me I am an IFB college grad. WebNo denomination, governmental body, or religious hierarchy may dictate the church's beliefs or practices. If you think anything other than a suit and tie for men is too casual for Sundays, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 11. If you believe that declining to spank your child is the equivalent to spoiling him/her, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 31. No, because I have said and thought some things I regret. You can forgive him, that doesnt mean you have to marry him. However, it wasnt Baptists that ordained him and of the IFB folks I know, they are lukewarm to the Scofield bible. From a biblical standpoint, Jesus is the ONLY mediator between God and Man and only Jesus can intercede us. The New IFB is strongly opposed to homosexuality, with several pastors advocating the belief that homosexuals should be executed by the government. If your your church funnels in the inner city kids via a bus ministry We dont have a bus ministry since the city of the church I go to is small. Lastly, I cant really respond to the think that theres something spiritual about tolerating abuse because I have no idea where thats coming from in my initial post. Baptists as a whole, are pretty terrible. Its our personal decisions that cause us to who to hell though most of their practices are not biblical, especially the devotions to the Virgin Mary as they especially have her as the intercessor. 11 The greatest among you must be a servant. 42. If the IFB churches are hurting the cause of Christ, would your attitude and example also hurt His cause. Jesus Christ is the mediator between God and man. More insights from your Bible study - Get Started with Logos Bible Software for Free! The reality is the ONLY TRUE CHURCH is the church that PRACTICES BIBLICAL TEACHINGS and NOT THAT OF MAN-MADE TEACHINGS because THEY ARE AGAINST THE BIBLE because I do ask the question that why there are so many churches. For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: If you are careful to not show any emotion while singing for fear that you could be considered dancing, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 33. God Wasnt going to see our fornicating as bringing glory to him. WebBaptist beliefs are seen as belonging to three parties: General Baptists who uphold Arminian soteriology, Particular Baptists who uphold Calvinist soteriology, and Independent Baptists, who might embrace a strict version of either Arminianism or Calvinism, but are most notable for their fundamentalist positions on Biblical God forgave my husband through Christ. 24. 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brothers eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? So, are you happy about that, or wanting to change? I understand that its hard to convey emotions when typing, but the above list does not have the feel that it was done with a spirit of love but one of condemnation. Despite having overcome drug addiction, trouble controlling my drinking, and a whole lot of other issues, my church never told me to leave, never told me to come back when I was better, never scolded me. 3 So practice and obey whatever they tell you, but dont follow their example. Gods people are the Jews.. from Jew-dajudah. 19 How blind! I received these because of lies that I was single with no income. Matthew 6:14-15 is a warning not a command. Just please be sure that your judging is fair. Theres a place to rebuke abusive religious practices. Many of those things actually do go on at IFB churches, but several of those things are Biblical. It seems most on here have a issue with IFB churches. 14. I do into great detail about why I believe the IFB is cultish in practice. If you had one opportunity to send a lost love one time to any church , which would it be ? You had to wear a tie if you wanted to preach or preside over the Lords Supper. We should teach our children of who Jesus is and how we should live a holy or Christian life. Those who judge people like that WILL BE judged the same way, PERIOD. 4. No government should interfere with the local church's preaching, activities, and ministry. Read one thing, make a judgment that Im just bitter and move on. Mental health issues is a result of sin and poor choices same position with my belief concerning IFB 48. Baptists are people of the Bible and not fellings. Its method of operation is subversive. Do you find them so humorous ? All rights reserved. No, thats silly! If your youth pastor eats a goldfish or gives away a baseball cap for every visitor a child brings, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist. The New IFB considers the modern nation of Israel to be a fraud and it also teaches that Christians rather than Jews are God's chosen people. Is to help you find a bible believing church, an Independent Fundamental Baptist Church, that seeks to serve and honor the Lord Jesus Christ. If you pray using KJV language (thee, though, ye, etc. You would probably also classify the God of the Old Testament as abusive. the appearance of things is more important than reality, aka, you will cover up abuse and silence victims in order to protect the name of Christ. I do not know if laugh or cry , almost 30 yrs involved in this , Im still a Christian , I serve in my church , Ive learned more since I left the movement , I am happier more devoted Christian than when I was manipulated to go out soulwinning , bus driving ,Sunday school teaching etc. Was so funny reading it, one thing that struck me is if an outsider were to read it theyd be incredulous, wondering how we stuck with it for so long. Praise God because us getting married and having faith we both grew. As of 2019, the New IFB listed 32 affiliated co What Jesus did on the cross is for our salvation. 55. 26. I truly believe the IFB pastor and wife was just doing their job. Peace. I do agree that its not sinful about renting movies or watching them on TV. This is just another sidetrack from the gospel of of Christ.We are to love one another and build up the church. Im so thankful for Gods grace on your life and the lives of your family. You are still required to tithe in the IFB regardless of your source of income. Im convinced that its much much deeper than rejecting real truth .. many many come back in southern Baptist churches, but not ifb churches.. what say u. Id rather do the hard work than be a robot though. [7], The New IFB currently lists 30 affiliated congregations on their website. WebGetting to it. Now, I am a 25 year old women with 3 children a 4, 2, and 7 month old and my Husband is 26. His mom, Dorothy Chrisman, was a teacher at the academy run by Fairhaven. In the last days, you will get churches like you have described in your initial post, but not all of them are the same. Should I choose not to forgive after Christ has already died for him? I did read it but I still dont understand their beliefs on it.. I would of rather take the word literally than follow the world. Get our Question of the Week delivered right to your inbox! Yes, see my answer to your first question. The key is that youre not suppose to JUST sit under the teaching/preaching of anyone without reading the Bible, seeking wisdom from God, and fellow shipping with people who are interested in drawing closer to God. I found that 10 of those apply to me and Im not even IFB. [9][10] On the weekend of the third anniversary of the shooting, the New IFB held a "Make America Straight Again" conference at an Orlando-area New IFB church. If you believe that women are inferior to men and are to be submissive to their husbands, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist. insidious I like that word. Any ways God is good and can use any church to reach anyone it all depends on if you as an individual will receive his free gift of salvation, because God is that powerful. I must put it in Jesus Christ. Members all so giving that it made me want to be a giving person. If you believe that the wine referred to in the Bible is nothing more than fruit of the vine (AKA grape juice), you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 26. 33 Snakes! I have an old high school friend here with me who started visiting churches. Baptists are traditionally strong believers in Biblical authority. Yes but this is my concern about the IFB beliefs and I understand this was written to make it funny. We told to get married. We believe the King James Bible to be inerrant. hypocrite. They will not participate, as a church, in any outside function with churches which do not also strictly base their faith and practice on the New Testament. They were not Ignorant Fungicidal Blaptists. 30 Then you say, If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would never have joined them in killing the prophets.. Most pastors are lacking and are full of themselves because of one basic issue. 37. They try there best to live for Christ and to give God the glory for everything. As God's priests, we can study His Word, pray for our needs, intercede for others, offer worship, and serve in His work. First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friends eye. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His finished work on the cross as a representative, vicarious, substitutionary sacrifice; and that our justification is made sure by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead (Romans 3:24-25; I Peter 2:24; Ephesians 1:7; I Peter 1:3-5). Back then, you had to wear your Sunday best. Tattoos are the marks of the Devil I really dont know if they are marks of the devil but I do agree that tattoos are sinful even if its against the Old Testament. Romans 5:8 is about salvation. For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the lawjustice, mercy, and faith. Is there any perfect , no. Or deciding not to clap for special music? OK That list just brought back memories that I can thankfully laugh at now. It made me think of this, Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; Its a shame, but whattayagonnado? It seemed more like an attack on what the Bible says about life than on a denomination. Please read the rest of the website and my story rather than just judge me. I dont agree with this because there is nothing wrong with going to college. I can use scripture to instruct me how to forgive others and God told me that it is profitable. Even I believe that if you are living in sin you are getting to the point where you are eventually will lose your salvation. An individual independent church might come up with their own definition of faith, they might subscribe to a preexisting one, or they might not use any. Although some Independent Baptist churches refuse affiliation with Baptist denominations, various Independent Baptist Church denominations have been founded. We teach that baptism is necessary for salvation as I get this quote from the King James Version from John 3:5; Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. Hypocrites! People are more willing to change their ways when confronted in love rather then with criticism and bitterness. So the IFB pastor did counseling for 2 weeks and then, despite physical abuse, told you to get married! The preachers who I knew as a teenager all had real degrees in theology from acredited universities. Most Christians believe everything in the Bible. 27 What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. They have distinct responsibilities and operations. For you build tombs for the prophets your ancestors killed, and you decorate the monuments of the godly people your ancestors destroyed. I am also against body piercings as well. On the Arminianist view the church I go to now teaches from a biblical standpoint that salvation can still be lost. Sometimes it makes you wonder if they have EVER read/learned anything from Jesus! You strain your water so you wont accidentally swallow a gnat, but you swallow a camel! Every time I got to a low point in my life, I knew that I could count on the church to be there for me. Hope you have a great day! If we must consider these points as a point for consideration, these ought to be a source form the Bible. I get the vibe that you were alienate by IFB movement at some point, as were a lot of us, but dont try to use that as an excuse to go on a crusade against fellow believers. If you think that homosexuality is an unforgivable sin, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 55. Even the General Baptists and the Free Will Baptists denounce eternal security, thus the only two Baptist groups that believe in Free Will. Also, #55 there has only been and will ever only be one perfect person. Told to leave them to the hog mire until they return to the father.. Plus they pray to the saints. I read Matthew 23 just before writing. Hypocrites! My church members are filled with sin and give account to God alone. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things. I am pretty conservative, but find some of this stuff outright ridiculous! Please trust me when I tell you that your IFB church (as most other IFB churches) is preying on you. I am unsure if she was already a member before her husband passed or not. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 20 When you swear by the altar, you are swearing by it and by everything on it. N/A I will say though having grown up in that environment, there was a HUGE sense of support from the congregation, I always knew that if I needed something, I had people surrounding me who would help. People to Be Executed", "Deported NZ pastor Logan Robertson shows no remorse for harassing 'sissy' Muslims", "Police investigating Auckland pastor who threatened homosexuals", "Advocates urge supporters to ask landlord to evict Stedfast Baptist", "North Texas church that called for execution of gay people won't be evicted", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=New_Independent_Fundamentalist_Baptist&oldid=1142179437, Baptist denominations established in the 21st century, Anti-Islam sentiment in the United States, Organizations that oppose LGBT rights in the United States, Christian organizations established in 2017, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 28 February 2023, at 23:30. (Genesis 2:24; Genesis 19:5, 13; Genesis 26:8-9; Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1:26-29; 1 Corinthians 5:1, 6:9; 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8; Hebrews 13:4). That is contrary to Bible doctrine for a pastor. Im happy to defend my position, but I dont tolerate assumptions, attacks, accusations, judgments, bullying or anything of the like. We also teach that one must hear the Word of God, one must believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, one must repent of your sins, one must confess that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, one must be baptized for the remissions of sins, and one must live faithful until death. 39. We believe that speaking in tongues was never the common or necessary sign of the baptism or filling of the Holy Spirit and that ultimate deliverance of the body from sickness or death awaits the consummation of our salvation in the resurrection, though God frequently chooses to answer the prayer of believers for physical healing. If you run into a church member at the grocery store and see that they have a bottle of wine or maybe a 6-pack of beer in their cart and you struggle over whether you should share this information with your pastor, you might be and independent fundamental Baptist! We are not affiliated with any man-made external organization be it a Convention, Association, Fellowship, or National Denomination. XII. OMG! If you believe that doing, saying, thinking, etc. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful men (John 1:1-2, 14; Luke 1:35; Isaiah 9:6; 7:14; Philippians 2:5-8; Galatians 4:4-5). Its about Jesus. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. If you believe that someone who smokes, drinks, parties, dances, listens to secular music, listens to Christian contemporary music, etc. I grew up in a IFB school and then university, so I can totally relate. Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you: 8 These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. If you believe that clapping after special music is wrong because it gives praise to the performer rather than to God, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 16. I didnt really say you can get drunk on grape juice but if I did, I might be a little confused. Just because we forgive people doesnt mean we are obligated to marry them or anything else. First Works had previously been the site of protests by activists opposed to its anti-LGBTQ teachings, but police reported there was no evidence linking the protesters to the bombing. That can get a little hairy, though, because you never know when youll end up at a more liberal churchlike yours! Like I said, funny post, but a bit judgmental as well. They said no mixed bathing. Im pretty sure it WAS/IS alcohol because the bible talks alot about not getting drunk with wine.also take a little wine, etc. In the past 25 years, Ive seen many children leave but very few come back. If Just As I Am causes you to repent and go to the altar, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist. You better be right with God and have your name written in the lambs book of life. We believe that God forbids any attempt to alter one's God-given gender identity by any means, including surgery or appearance. We believe that the souls of unbelievers remain, after death, in conscious misery until the second resurrection, when with soul and body reunited they shall appear at the Great White Throne Judgment, and shall be cast into the Lake of Fire, not to be annihilated, but to suffer everlasting, conscious punishment (Luke 16:19-26; Matthew 25:41-46; II Thessalonians 1:7-9; Jude 6-7; Mark 9:43-48; Revelation 20:11-15). Its not an Old Testament Law vs New Testament issue. Stil fit. If you believe that your health issue is the result of sin in your life, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 49. Illustration by Don Pfaffe appearing in the Central Conservative Baptist Quarterly N/A Thanks for reading! They are shared in my article about tithing: https://baptistdeception.com/tithing/. Many Christians believe some of these distinctives, but true Baptists believe them all. If you went to a church camp where mixed bathing wasnt allowed and every evening there was a 3 hour sermon, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist. I respond to IFB jabs, sometimes that requires a jab back. If you believe that that the wine referred to in the bible is nothing more than the fruit of the vine I generally agree with this part especially when it comes to the Lords Supper because wine from a biblical perspective is grape juice even though I still question if it is NOTHING MORE than the fruit of the vine. I forgot to mention my concerns on some of the other beliefs of the Independent Fundamental Baptist Church: 29. 17. If your church funnels in inner city kids via a bus ministry, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 24.