hutier kaserne, hanau germany

Ray Cavelarie. The buildings will be renovated and provided for commercial and industrial use. At that time, he was a Reserve officer, and the powers that be were quite blunt - "No RA, no line infantry platoon." He said we were like brothers and then all of a sudden, we lost all contact. The Corner Country Outback No 2 QLD/SA/NSW Bumper Sticker. He was dejected, but gladly accepted the Pioneer and Ammunition Platoon Leader slot. I was in Metro section, but knew many in other MOS. ", While Club 905 is only planned as a temporary center, Hanau's mayor said that a more permanent home is in the works. Marchello his right hand man can't remember the cooks name. At the time, we were the only SP 8-in battery (at division level?) I said you look like this dude that was in my unit Bill Pritchard he says that's me.we both lived in the same sm twn hung out re lived the glory days then he moved to Kentucky. }, Page last modified: I then said I lived @ Hutier Kaserne but spent most of my time across the street. That simple decision to play baseball would send him on a long, long road, ending with retirement in 1973, as Colonel on the Joint Chiefs of Staff. It's been nearly 40 years since we parted. | U.S. Army March to Service Campaign, Army to review discharges and status-upgrade procedures for behavioral health conditions, National Museum of the United States Army to open Veterans Day 2020. Aufgrund der weiter eher verhaltenen Nachfrage ist nunmehr geplant, entgegen der ursprnglichen Planung auch Wohnungen in Hutier zu errichten. The 3rd Armored Division Artillery was first constituted on 13 January 1941 in the Regular Army as the Artillery Section of the division headquarters, and activated on 15 April with the division at Camp Beauregard. @media only screen and (min-device-width : 320px) and (max-device-width : 480px) { On June 20, 1994, the battalion transferred to Hutier Kaserne. I live in Decatur Illinois. Hanau Lord Mayor Claus Kaminsky, BAfA1/4dingen Mayor Erich Spamer and past Hanau Lord Mayor Margret HAfA$rtel were on hand to help welcome veterans to the center. the people were great and when I let it was a very large part of my life was closing and I would love to go back some day. Hello I'm trying to locate Bruno from across the street. Each kaserne has an interesting history of its own. To: Tella Doll/Hanau, Ger. "It's a place where you can come back together again, stay in touch and, for people who are having difficulties of one kind or another, to help one another. I was too jacked to sleep,when I was heading out the drive with the duty driver you yelled from the 3rd floor. Prior to being drafted in WWII, my father had played semi-pro baseball in rural Alabama. Hanau, Hesse, Germany Hutier Kaserne (0.7 mi.) Seen this old dude long gray beard Army Vet hat,so I ask where was you located, did you go over seas? I worked @ GroBauheim in cold storage. 1937 zog die Wehrmacht in die Kaserne ein und stationierte dort das I. Bataillon des Infanterie-Regiments Nr. I was just telling a friend I wish I could go across the street to the Park Inn, and get some Pommes Frites, a rindswurst and a beer. Inhaltsverzeichnis 1 Geschichte 2 Konversion 3 Siehe auch 4 Denkmalschutz 5 Weblinks Geschichte [ Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten] Im Jahr 1891 suchte Preuen nach einem Standort fr das Thringische Ulanen-Regiment Nr. I still go home to visit my mother but it isn't the same anymore since the bases closed. Thank you for signing up for the VetFriends Newsletter! Medics were also housed in this building. Join 3AD! Loved Germany. Originally constituted on July 16, 1940 as the 3rd Ordnance Battalion (Maintenance), the unit activated on July 1, 1941 at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Maryland; it was designated the 8th Ordnance Battalion on August 11, 1941. By Karl Weisel (USAG Wiesbaden)October 26, 2010. Led by Company Commander Capt. Quick facts. Click here to open 'USArmyGermany' frameset, unit history of the SCORPIONS (3rd Bn, 32nd Armd). You have made my day man. 05-07-2011 02:50:42 ZULU. Das Gelnde wurde betrchtlich erweitert und dort Truppen und Panzer stationiert. Located to right of Pioneer Club. MAIN GATE. We took Basic and Advanced Training together in the unit and in May 1956 shipped to Pioneer Kaserne, Hanau, West Germany. ", A,A Stephen Waller, an employee with Central Texas College who retired from the U.S. military in 1984 and still lives in Hanau, said the new center was "excellent.". We were part of Division Artillery. Soldiers were dropping right and left and the medics were running around with ammonia ampules to awake the fallen comrades. Former army airfield Hanau (Erlensee) Germany / Hessen / Neuberg / Erlensee . (Hutier Kaserne, Hanau, Germany) Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, Division Artillery (DIVARTY), 3d Armored Division deployed to Southwest Asia from Hutier Kaserne at Hanau, Germany on or about 27 December 1990. The deal was cut, in a nano second, but it turned out it wasn't quite what my father had expected. Where are you living now? In 1968, we were moved to Francois Kaserne on the other side of Hanau. I asked him what the problem was he said you won't like it. due to the outbreak of WW II. Francois Kaserne, Hanau, 1991 (Source: Thomas Fuerhahn and the city of Hanau, Germany) Francois Kaserne (center) on Lamboystrasse in Hanau. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION At that time, my dad commanded the 3d Armd Div Air Section at Bonames. Very minor changes to this building since I watched flicks there. Im Jahr 1991 rumte die US-Armee die Hessen-Homburg-Kaserne. Means alot. Just like over there he said he was from Kentucky when he was from Indiana close to me like the next town over.but yeah call me anytime brother. Hutier Kaserne, Hanau (bottom left), home of HHB, 3rd Armored Division Artillery (Frank Shirer) . Hutier Kaserne Hanau Lamboy - WE FOUND SOMETHING GREAT HERE! Can anyone on help help with that? Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, Division Artillery (DIVARTY), 3d Armored Division deployed to Southwest Asia from Hutier Kaserne at Hanau, Germany on or about 27 December 1990. The 6th Artillery was organized as Battery K, 1st Regiment of Artillery at Fort Hamilton, New York in 1838 and expanded through the years from its original six guns and horses. The L-20 was his pride and joy - he had jazzed it up into a VIP aircraft - cavalry yellow rugs and wood-grain interior trim. The buildings of Francois Kaserne house offices and a school for adult education, amongst user uses. Bn. This page can't load Google Maps correctly. Der ehemalige Exerzierplatz erhielt den Namen Sophie-Scholl-Platz, was heftig kritisiert wurde, weil ihr Name fr eine ehemalige Kaserne schlicht ungeeignet sei. I was Krieger's roommate. On about 1/4/1960 the Battalion moved via train, for the Armored Howitzers and APCs, and per road for the rest of the unit, to Grafenwoehr for training and later that month, participation in "WINTERSHIELD I". Feel free to email me my brothers bazilemelvin@yahoo.com, I was with the 26 S & S Co. From 85-89 looking for Sallie Ann Marcello from E . Department of the Army I've attached a couple of photos from the first tour. For the first couple years we were at Pioneer Kaserne outside Hanau. On June 20, 1994, the battalion transferred to Hutier Kaserne. Dunham give me a call man 765-585-9303 where are you located now dude? Hanau, Hesse, Germany Cardwell Village Fam Hsg (0.5 mi.) For the 509th. I was station at Bismarck from October, 1962 until February, 1965. In the first year he promoted me from PFC to E4 and then E5 and I was his Assistant S2 Sergeant. BATTALION HQ. I don't take any responsibility about freshness of the contents. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. I had a driver and radio operator. On August 16, 1965, under the COSTAR Concept, the unit was officially re-designated as the 8th Maintenance Battalion. Gilbert Delay. The unit supports exercises and operations across Europe, including support to Mihail Kogalniceanu Air Base, Romania. The battalion moved again in May 1955 to Pioneer Kaserne, Hanau, Germany. Drop me a line if you wish. I will be dropping by frequently. contact me man.. To E-4 N. Nelson. In 1920, Hutier was converted to civilian-type buildings, including schools and police. Hutier Kaserne, Hanau (closed in 2008) Jaeger Kaserne, Aschaffenburg (closed in 1992) Jensen Kaserne, Munich (transferred to the Bundeswehr in 1957) JAROC Processing Compound, Berlin (closed in 1994) Johnson Barracks, Frth (closed in 1992) Unofficial homepage Kelley Barracks/Nathan Hale Depot, Darmstadt Kennedy Kaserne, Frankfurt (closed in 1994) Tella this is your friend from 1964-66. In the last few years, the 18th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion has deployed to Iraq for Operation Iraqi Freedom, Hungary in support of Operation Joint Endeavor/Guard, supported NATO operations as part of Operations Allied Force and Shining Hope in Tirana, Albania, and conducted three Kosovo Force rotations at Camp Able Sentry in Macedonia. AFA and later the 2/73 FA. Hanau, Hesse, Germany Francois . #ga-ad {display: none;} Hanau, Hesse, Germany Yorkhof Kaserne (2.9 mi.) The Regt CO wasted no time. "Lieutenant, here's the deal. Nach der Fertigstellung zog das preuische II. Die Hutier-Kaserne entstand in den Jahren 1911 bis 1913 als dritte Kasernenanlage in Lamboy, nach der Francois- und der Hessen-Homburg-Kaserne.Autor*in: Susa. SP4 Lawson yes I rememeber CPT. The official opening of the Kaserne on 19 March 1939 was marked by a large celebration, involving a parade from the center of Erlensee to the front gate, and a Volksfest of 25,000 German civilians, who were treated to an air show . I dont think i got to sit with you all at the Tull concert because i got my ticket there or something. The buildings suffered heavy damage from Allied bombings and looting by civilians prior to this, but were restored by the U.S. Hanau, Hesse, Germany NATO Site #5 (2.4 mi.) I had a great time and intend to go again next year. Where are the best places to eat? Bn. December 21, 1973 - Hi I was stationed at Hessen Homburg Kaserne, Alpha Company, 23RD Engineer, from December 1973 to December 1979. Eisenbahnregiment in die Kaserne ein. I recently found out our unit was deactivated. Become a Member/Renew Membership, The Colonel Daniel A. Merritt President's Award, 3d Armored Division Engineers Introduction, World War II monument, Fort Knox, Kentucky, 3D Armored Division monument, Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, MG Maurice Rose Tribute, Denver, Colorado, All era 3D Armored Division monument, Ft. Benning, Georgia, Liberation "Thanks" memorial, Fleron, Belgium, Order of Saint George, Fort Benning, Georgia, Lamp Post and Plaque, Fort Benning, Georgia, 3D Armored Division liberation monument, Dison, Belgium, 3D Armored Division "Battle of the Bulge" memorial, Houffalize, Belgium, 3D Armored Division monument, Fort Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania, 3D Armored Division Unit Tribute, Fort Belvior, Virginia, 3D Armored Division memorial, Vielsalm, Belgium. To your amazement, It's GONE!! Bn. I'd drawn the picture from the photo, the flash put stars in our eyes! Fierce warriors, battle ready, M-60 tank engines rumbling and as the command "Forward, March!" in Germany from 1945 to 1989. (Page 2 - Combat Commands/Brigades - Division Artillery) most memorable time when we supported Nijmegen marches in Holland did that 3yrs had lots of fun with guys n met my girlfriend at this club called the taboo which was located in a alley,and one of my best friends was dating my girlfriends sister that was dean artero whom I still talk to these days, so if u remember us send me an email at edpineda86@yahoo.com or call me @2102793832,and be safe n hope to hear from someone from 45th med bn. My first duty station. The 506th QM. Geschichte Die Hutier-Kaserne entstand in den Jahren 1911 bis 1913 als dritte Kasernenanlage in Lamboy nach der Francois- und der Hessen-Homburg-Kaserne. 56 RPSC Pioneer Kaserne, Hanau Germany by: SSG Maine I served in the 56th RPSC from approximately 1991 to 1993. Colors were cased 17 January 1992. We wonder about the rest that served with us in the artillery unit we served in. Main Page 1952 photo of barracks building at Hutier Kaserne in Hanau, Join 3AD! Die Hutier-Kaserne ist ein Kulturdenkmal nach dem Hessischen Denkmalschutzgesetz. I had the great honor and delight to serve with LTC Vessey for the next two years as part of his consolidated S2/S3. Pioneer Kaserne. BATTALION HQ. ehemalige Kasernenanlage im Stadtteil Lamboy der Stadt Hanau. Thats where my true friends were. "In the coming year we hope to have a permanent location in the former Hutier Kaserne.". My initial job was to drive this SP Howitzer [M-52]. He is so thankful I called and we exchanged addresses and he wants to come and visit. Name is Karam Singh. I can't believe you don't remember me man we went to the Jethro Tull Under Wraps concert with Joe Foderer & the tall blonde haired dude that lived below Kreiger & I on the 2nd flr. See more ideas about hanau, germany, united states army. 16th Sustainment Brigade Special Troops Battalion, 266th Financial Management Support Center, Hosted by Defense Media Activity - WEB.mil. Inhaltsverzeichnis 1 Geschichte 2 Konversion 3 Siehe auch 4 Denkmalschutz 5 Literatur 6 Weblinks 7 Einzelnachweise Geschichte [ Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten] Hutier Kaserne (2.4 mi.) The mayor explained that while the city contributed to the project, a large part of the successful endeavor was thanks to Thomas and Herbert MAfA1/4ller of the Terramag GmbH - a Hanau company that provided space for the center in the building which once served as a temporary home for Lithuanian refugees after WWII. The unit saw extensive service in the Mexican War, Civil War, Spanish-American War, both World Wars and Korea. Thank you so much again for helping me U.S. Located on the former Francois Kaserne in the Lamboy section of Hanau, the club is open Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. "I welcome you to the first veterans center in all of Europe," said Joyce Schloesser, the force behind the establishment of the club and a Wiesbaden community volunteer who helps veterans and spouses make the monthly trip by bus from Hanau to Wiesbaden for shopping, health care and other needs. I was at HQ 42 MP Group when. US Army Europe and Africa, An official website of the United States government, 18th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion, The 18th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion has served with honor and distinction in the European Theater since the World Wars. Schloesser described how her husband, Dr. Robert Schloesser, U.S. Army Garrison Wiesbaden's director of Family, Morale, Welfare and Recreation, served as a young lieutenant in Hanau in the early 1960s and returned in following years to serve in a civilian capacity. Chuck Hulit, oldreb@live.com, I knew a George Smith there in '67 in HHB, I was there from Feb 67 to Feb 69 assigned to Hq Btry 6th Bn 59th Arty Hawk Missiles DSP., I was station there from 1978 to 1981 with BCo 1st Squadron 1st Cav had a lot of good times, I was stationed at Taylor Barracks from May 92 thru May 94. On June 20, 1994, the battalion transferred to Hutier Kaserne. He would become a tank platoon leader, in Tank Company, 16th Inf Regt at Montieth Barracks in Furth (later Tank Co moved to Schweinfurt).