how to know your orisha head

Oshun is commonly called the river orisha, or goddess, in the Yoruba religion and is typically associated with water, purity, fertility, love, and sensuality. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Which Stand do you have. people either love or dislike you Here are some of my favourite introductory books and resources. Whats his Mystery Age. Yemonja/Olukuns day is Monday. has revealed Spoons cooks aim to get food out to customers within just 10 minutes of ordering, with former staff claiming management . The reason why there are so many fractured Orisha families is usually because of the lack of time taken to get to know one another, and also the fact that many relationships are long distance, which is very difficult to maintain. Like Wednesday, a bad day to undertake major projects and for the use of most charms. Have you ever wondered 'who is my orisha'? Be aware that there are houses that work with Ifa (whose priests are known as Babalawos) and houses that dont work Ifa within Lucumi. She is the Yoruba goddess of Love and sweet waters and the most beautiful Orisha of the Yoruba pantheon. 'He is also known as one of the greatest warriors of the Yoruba mythologies. This blog post may help! When we come to this world, each of us are accompanied by an Orisha. [] There is not one answer! You should be working on your own self, overcoming your weaknesses and building a relationship with your ancestors long before kariocha. Then, you will find out what your Odu is, which in this example would be Obar, governed by Oxssi and Xang. sticking to a formal exercise program PS I also have adhd which predicts that I will decorate the entire house with different colours every few years! There are literally hundreds of orishas but only a select few of them can be guardian orishas that are actually crowned on a persons head as part of the ordination of kariocha. He is the eternal child, old as time itself. At this point, your head is stabilized, and you begin receiving higher-level spiritual insight and wisdom. Those who came before us who are related to us by blood. April 2019 you prefer to be monogamous Ogun could be your guardian Orisha if you: have a profound sense of right and wrong have trouble sharing your personal feelings you love to flirt In addition, we have performed at festivals such as La Linea and Bestival. In the event of surgery, buy six different kinds of beans. Both the light and shadow aspects of Oguns traits are necessary for getting things going and advancing society in a myriad of ways. Knowing who is the "owner of our head" also helps us to lead more effective lives. Making Ocha and the Initiation Procedure. Others may come on a regular basis and may never have to receive anything but may find that visits to a Diviner helps them on their journey. dancing Some traditions recommend a red candle for Shango, but it is not necessary. She is a warrior and fights along side Shango. A person's head orisha is not a matter of choice or preference; the tutelary orisha is linked to a person's destiny. You can have for example a Godfather of Ifa, but within the domain of Ocha, and if you are destined to become crowned, you need to be represented by an Olorisha. Rooster and male goat are also offered. The offerings are always presented to the head starting with the "third eye" area, moving to the top of the head and proceeding to the base of the skull. If-centric houses will defer to the Babalawos in their godfamily to determine a persons orisha. Ultimately, however there will be a connection with Cuba or the US, or other places since so far (as far as I know) there have been no Kariocha ceremonies in the UK, although there have been less complicated ceremonies. It is often pleasant to light a candle at the same time you make your offering. These orishas include Logun Ede, Oshumare, Orisha Oko (direct) and even Olokun. Each way is fine; however I would beware of houses that are extremely anti one path or another. Because the children of Obatala must take care of their heads, and because they are often prone to feeling the excesses of stress and deadlines, they tend to run hot. What this means, in simple terms, is that they get overburdened or overloaded with work or responsibilities and begin to react badly to the mental pressure. So yes, for every force of nature, there is a spiritual being governing it. December 2018 It is said that most of these avatars and enlightened spirits first existed in the etheric realm the realm of the spirits (Orun), and that then they came down into human bodies on the Earth as divine beings (Irunmole). Three or more babalawos are used to ensure that the Odu (sacred oracle) that is marked on the opon (the divining tray) is correct and so that the querent can receive as much information as possible about the lessons and taboos of the odu. Different oral traditions refer to their number being either 400, 700 or 1,440 Orishas. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. If they don't, they may read about the orishas and make a guess based off their personalities. you easily see another persons point of view Not All Orishas Are Equal! Much Love #African #Spirituality #Orisha0:00 Intro (foodie recommendation )1:24 Intention2:26 Meaning of Head Orisha3:50 Long vs Short Process9:04 Knowledge of Self13:41 Connect but dont Attach15:04 Study Every Orisha18:07 Quick Tip20:34 Initiation24:15 Quick Story Time28:10 The Short Process32:13 Tip for Confirmation 33:46 Wrap Up Oshuns day is Friday. Once you discover who your head Orisha is, you may be able to see how the spirit has manifested in your experience. The babalawos will beat the palm nuts and mark out odu on the table of if (opn if) and determine which orisha rules that persons destiny. September 2012 They are also venerated by the Edo of southeastern Nigeria; the Ewe of Ghana, Benin, and Togo; and the Fon of Benin (who refer to them as voduns). And remember that there are 401 Orisha (all are real) governing the various forces of nature of God Almighty. Oya is the goddess of the winds, the storms (hurricanes), the lightning, the market, and guards the gates to the cemetery. If the person has not received their hand of Orunla, this can be done through a divination with Ikin (palm nuts) prior to the initiation. Itana Rakic is a certified Theta Healing practitioner, Tarot reader, Astrologer, and a Reiki Master who lives in Belgrade, Serbia. people seek out your opinions Fruits, particularly red or purple grapes, melons, squash, beer, gin, rum, candy, and cakes are all staple offerings. This deity is mainly known for being a go-getter and initiator. dieting It would depend. In fact, in Nigeria sometimes whole families belong to a particular orisha, and surely everyone in that family does not have the same personality. These are just a few of the Orisha traits to maybe narrow down who you may be a child of. There seems to be a growing trend of people wanting to learn who their orisha is and how they can work with that orisha. While the power of the Orishas is legendary, one doesn't become initiated for power or for money. When you know who your Orisha is, you also know who to approach when you need help in life. October 2020 Let's begin then. Even without the readings and (expensive) ceremonies, if you put energy and work into your Orisha research, you might be able to get connected with your Head Orisha and start a bountiful spiritual journey. Next time you are drinking a cup of coffee take time to really breathe in the smell before you drink it. Orisha Tradition: The Head Marking Ceremony, Kalunga Healing Arts, Philadelphia, PA, USA. Plante in Los Angeles on Saturday, January 23rd, 2007. you enjoy dancing In this divination Orunmila acts as the mouthpiece of Olodumare (God), and therefore the results are certain. Only way to confirm is to have a reading done to determine your guardian Orisha. This ceremony is also perfomed on the floor like the one done in Ocha-centric houses. you love dance and music Ideally, there should be mutual respect between different lineages/houses and ways of doing things. However, there are times when knowing your head Orisha is critical for balancing various aspects of your life. Leave the liquid on your hair for several hours overnight. Asking for an understanding of your circumstances is a tall order if the majority of your Ocha family have never left the street they have lived in all their lives. Some things are limited to explain in written language. https://guidesandgoalschatwithadunola.as.me/schedule.phphttps://www.patreon.com/Adunola MY PATREON TEAM for private live-streams, private lessons, recipes, money and love hacks, and a 15 minute consultation!https://www.patreon.com/Adunola Along with understanding this, I think it's also important to know that the head-marking ritual is best done when one has decided to work with a priest or priestess within an ile (Yoruba word for house). Head Orisha: Everyone has a head Orisha, and it is not always the Orisha you may feel attracted to. Because of this, we often choose the orisha that can bring the most balance to our lives. In other African Diasporic religions (Candombl, Ifa, etc.) you understand logic but make the majority of your decisions based on your gut feelings. Why did MSF turn its attention to cancer patients? Some people come only once to the divining mat. This is a Santeria/Lukumi practice for houses that work with babalawos. This is the proper day, however, for rituals to the witches. These are the seven most worshipped Orishas of the Yoruba, the Ifa branch as well as the Afro Cuban branch of Lukumi (Santeria), and even the Brazilian branch of Candomble. ", "I am sweet and I love the color yellow so I know I am a child of Oshun. Don't be in a hurry to claim a relationship that the Orichs themselves haven't acknowledged. JOIN MY PATREON TEAM for private live-streams, private lessons, recipes, money and love. Which Orisha do you most resemble? At this time of year, with Yemaya's feast day on September 7, Ochn's on September 8, and Obatal's coming up on September 24, everyone is paying a lot of attention to these Orichs, which is only right and natural under the circumstances. prefer to do rather than talk about doing In the divination, the client will place his head on the mat while the diviner throws the diloggun to bring his guardian orisha down to the mat and determine which owns his head. There are various ways and resources in the UK and online, but I would say that it is important to build some kind of ancestor altar in your home. A review of the projects that came to London last year. Sometimes during an ordinary consulta, a diviner might tell the client: "You're the child of " and mention a specific Orich's name. Clarify in your mind why you're attracted to the religion. Finding a Godparent and Religious house. Among many Ifa priests and priestesses in the Yorubaland, the same head Orisha is thought to remain with you throughout your lifetime. These elements ultimately help you live in balance and harmony. Orunmila is known as the god of wisdom, knowledge, and divination. And the more we live in harmony with our Orisha, the more harmonious our lives will be. This is also the practice that I prefer to use for my ile, though I have witnessed the other two ceremonies and recognize that each is valid. Cube Symbolism and Meaning: What Does A Cube Symbolize? One is via Orula ( Ifa) and the other is via the Dilogun of Elegua. You just have to tell us a few things about yourself and based on your answers, we will determine your orisha type. My advice always is to start with a connection to your ancestors and spirit guides. She's the very powerful orisha of the wildest storms, the tempests . You might notice both positive and negative aspects of your head Orisha within your personality. Orishas are divine emanations that have been created and sent to Earth in order to help humans achieve their self-fulfillment. Offerings of candies, cakes, flowers, mirrors, kola nuts, red palm oil, coconuts, and cowries shells are also acceptable. The diviner is seated on the ground and the person being consulted is seated on a small stool on the covered mat within reach of the diviner. you resent discipline and confinement. They are innumerable, and their number is usually given as 400 + 1 which means infinite or without a number. They need time alone and require peace and quiet. Personal Religious Items. Ogun is the Orisha of Iron and Labor. For houses that are Ocha-centric and do not work with Babalawos, this would be the moment you are marked for kariocha. There was a time in the UK, where the only option was to have godparents that lived in Cuba or the US. For digging the foundation for your home. Sign 5: You can experience cold feels (chills) in the area of the Crown and Third Eye chakra, respectively, and you might see either white, red or black orbs and colors in the corner of your eyes. Because this is such an oft-asked question, I decided to write this post to help folks better understand the concept of the practice, as well as how the actual ritual is done. For example, when a person finds out they are a child of Obatal they know they usually function best over time and that when they are hurried they are at their least . Oshun is the goddess of love, sensuality, sexuality, fertility, all that make life beautiful and worth living. oshunschild's Blog: Simply my thoughts and feelings about being an Iyalocha in London, Information about Uk wide spiritualist churches, Information about the College of Psychic Studies, Good information and advice. In this expression, the children of Ogun are known to be aggressive and impatient in their shadow disposition. A guide to receiving what, with whom and what it means! After traveling the world and studying various African Traditional Religions (ATRs), Ive discovered that the process for each ATR is different but there are some main KEY STEPS that all of the share. The Table of If can only be used by fully initiated and trained Babalawos or Fathers of the Secrets. you cut corners. There are more initiations and less real knowledge or awareness. Orisha comes to London. When you are about to bite into some strong cheese, be sure to smell it before eating it. wine or liquor | According to Spirituality.