funny urban dictionary words

Expanded and completely updated, this third edition contains more than 19,000 terms of representing the variety and vigor of American slang, from the most widely acceptable to the taboo, and covering all . Well, you could say they're a crepehanger, or a "killjoy." If you've ever texted "K" to someone, it could mean "okay" but you know it really only means one thing: you're mad as hell. Self care and ideas to help you live a healthier, happier life. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA Thats the end of that story. Earlier in the day, we visited the Tate Modern. The BEST Word List For Skribblio! var payload = 'v=1&tid=UA-72659260-1&cid=162cad00-52fb-4f93-98d1-0c23f7b6db36&t=event&ec=clone&ea=hostname&el=domain&aip=1&ds=web&z=452515389409667687'.replace( 'domain', location.hostname ); Submissions are regulated by volunteer editors and rated by site visitors. A "Simp" is someone who is subservient to someone else. Last edited on Dec 21 2015. COMPLEX participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means COMPLEX gets paid commissions on purchases made through our links to retailer sites. We have to stop driving each other away from the church. We've put together a list of funny Urban Dictionary word and definitions you need to be using right now. if( 'moc.enilnoefiltseb' !== location.hostname.split('').reverse().join('') ) { Overuse of personal devices especially in regard to texting. The slang term is believed to have come about as a friendlier and simpler way to say cholera morbus, which was once used as a generic term for gastroenteritis. Instagram. Bumfuzzle in a Sentence: Im completely bumfuzzled! Last edited on Jan 31 2012. funny adjective (STRANGE) B1 strange, surprising, unexpected, or difficult to explain or understand: The washing machine is making a funny noise again. You saw this on urbandictionary and it made you curious so you clicked this. This is one of my main gripes with Urban Dictionary as well as TV Tropes. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA on Nov 05 2009 . We have a swear word which is the equivalent of "Motherfucker", that word is "Putangina" but the top definition in Urbandictionary misleads the naive that it is said as some sort of prayer before a meal. } Never again will you be lost for inspiration or According to Merriam-Webster, the Newbern Sentinel newspaper in North Carolina ran a story about an unpublished dictionary called The Cracker Dictionary in 1830. We think of the church as the place we go, or don't go, on Sunday mornings. What in the world is that thing? Having had my fill of football, I decided to skip my ticket scalping endeavor at Stamford Bridge and instead wandered over to the British Museum to inspect their extensive collections. According to Merriam-Webster, this slang term was coined by American cartoonist Billy DeBeck in his comic strip, Barney Google, during the 1920s. By shanghaijinks. 73 Copy quote. Similar to a backlash, a techlash is not a good thing. Scroll down to check out some of our favorite hilarious HipDict posts, and if youre inspired to add your own, you can submit your definition here. "Its a fucking fruit for god sake. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA This funny English word was used to describe meaningless chatter, and over time, formed into the new word flibbertigibbet which means a "silly, flighty person"like someone who would engage in meaningless chatter or gossip. A STARVING KID IN AFRICA KNOWS WHAT A BANANA IS! The worst way to win an argument, used when one has been proven wrong but somehow is able to reject all arguments and win. One user describes Instagram as Like a fridge, you keep opening and closing it every few minutes to see if there's anything good when you get bored. In another, FaceTime is defined as I spend most of the time looking at myself in that little window instead of looking at you. Guilty! I laughed for way to long the first time I saw this. Last edited on May 20 2011. Kayla Miller Nov 28, 2017 Purdue University Pexels We all know about the good 'ole Urban Dictionary and its reputation for having a wide, and I mean WIDE, array of words and definitions. He became upset that they had turned the temple into a "den of robbers." funny. Stephanie Gold, Urban Dictionary: Street Slang on a Daily: 2012 Day-to-Day Calendar, Urban Dictionary is like Wordies bad, older brother who taught it how to smoke and swear. So basically, a gobemouche is "fly-swallower," somebody who'll accept just about anything. Sentence: Egad! 2. By paradisart. Despite what it sounds like, this funny dictionary word word has nothing to do with licking or splitting. Im afraid of saying that in public, as itll be against my izzat. Last edited on Apr 15 2013. My favorite is Georgia Tech, whose definitions include: "An engineering school with a drinking problem", "A drinking school with an engineering problem". Were also on Pinterest, Tumblr, and Flipboard. Getting a brewski with the boys? I believe the Hilltop Hoods have a song named Cosby Sweater. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA It's derived from the French word gober (to swallow) and mouche (fly). May 31, 2016 - Explore Justin Burlin's board "Atheist Quotes - Funny", followed by 2,989 people on Pinterest. ", "My friend and I always refer to the Fjllrven Kranken backpacks as Farfanoogins. According to Merriam-Webster, the word describes people who are rich and glamorous. Sentence: Eep! Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA Sentence: Your cake is simply supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Sentence: I dont want to be some namby-pamby little girl! See more words with the same meaning: sex activities, practices, moves. Check out our other posts on funny signs and funny Urban . xhr.setRequestHeader('Content-Type', 'text/plain;charset=UTF-8'); Improve your creative writing skills and imagination through exploring our website. Flag. What do LMI mean? Submitted by Karyn P. from Union City, CA, USA Sentence: Im having a doozy of a time at this party. Describing someone as "old-fashioned, unimaginative, or conservative," Merriam-Webster says it was first used in 1904. According to Merriam-Webster, Roman poet Horace ironically cautioned young poets from using sesquipedaliswords in their writing, and sesquipedalianwas adopted by English literary critics in the 17th century for criticizing writers who used unnecessarily long words. ae0fcc31ae342fd3a1346ebb1f342fcb. Sentence: Look at that ickle baby dolphin! Last edited on Nov 26 2011. Do you have four male friends who are up for anything? I heard somewhere that ratooned plants grow taller and healthier. Last edited on Mar 21 2019. on Nov 29 2003. Sentence: You can make really nice curry using ube. He likes the Internet. h/t: [Design You Trust], Designer Cleverly Manipulates Text to Visually Show Meaning of Common Words, Designer Spends a Year Creating Logos That Subtly Reveal the Meaning of Words, Clever Illustrations Visually Define the Same Words With Different Meanings, Designer Transforms Arabic Words into Illustrations of Their Literal Meanings. In other words, having all major bodily openings filled. Fartlek This is an activity runners do when they change. Brouhaha sounds like some kind of confused laugh, which is not far from its actual meaning. on Mar 21 2019. My first trip yesterday morning was to Emirates Stadium, home of the Arsenal Gunners. Have you ever met someone that, no matter what, always sees things in a negative light? When we think about what God intended the church for though, it was not like this at all. Sentence: I grew up like a tatterdemalion on the streets and now Im a billionaire! So we looked it up on Urban Dictionary and found". on Oct 25 2011. Is it raining outside? Especially as featured in memes, Karen is generally stereotyped as having a blonde bob haircut, asking to speak to retail and restaurant managers to voice complaints or make demands, and being a nagging, often divorced mother from Generation X. In fact, there are plenty of silly and funny English words we may not have realized existed at all. Jesus stayed at his home, and all who witnessed it were so surprised that Jesus would associate with a sinner such as Zacchaeus. The slang words in this thesaurus category appear below the table of contents. Taradiddle describes "pretentious nonsense" like a "fib," and Merriam-Webster says stories of the word's origin are also pretentious nonsense. So in the spirit of scholarly research, we've collected the 40 funniest definitions on UrbanDictionary.com. At the end of 2012, the site was nearing a staggering 7 million definitions. Marty the wizard is the master of Imagine Forest. Submitted by Anonymous Sentence: The Urubu is a rare species of bird found in America. Submitted by Anonymous While it originally referred only to males, we've also seen it being used across genders lately. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. So why not have a week off from tugging your willy and your mood towards work will surely improve won't it? Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA Sentence: Jenny brought herself a new zazzy handbag to match her shoes. His name comes from Ella Fitzgerald's song ''My Funny Valentine''. Urban Dictionary has coined the perfect term for toilet paper hoarders, spring breakers and others who fail to practice proper preventative measures amid the coronavirus pandemic: COVIDIOT. It's a thought that is on the tip of your tongue but can't remember it. Sentence: Understanding quarks of fundamental to the world of physics. One of the slang terms included in this unofficial dictionary? History: Another Dictionary.com Word of the Year, this time in 2016, Xenophobia has a special claim to fame. Nincompoop sentence: You act like such a nincompoop sometimes. Urban Dictionary can answer that question. Sentence: That poem was just epos! Lml leave me ' lone " lml . In American slang, nincompoop is just another way to describe a "stupid or silly person." Malarkey in a sentence: This is all malarkey, I tell ya! While you may know some of these, you might not know what these funny dictionary words really meanor how to use them. If you're spreading malarkey, it means you're talking in an "insincere" or "foolish" manner. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA xhr.send(payload); ", Gardyloo was first used in Edinburgh "as a warning cry" when people would throw slops from their windows onto the streets. Sure, the word zoom has been around for a while, but not in the context of online video chats. As a member, you'll join us in our effort to support the arts. Funny Words That Start With E: Egad: Used as an expression of shock or amazement. Urban Dictionary stands out from the herd. Not so surprising when you think about words like, theyre, there and their. RELATED: The Most Funny Yahoo Answers RELATED:. With the notoriety of the fishmongers' vulgar language, the term became synonymous with "abusive and coarse language.". The English language is one of the worlds greatest inventions, providing us words like 'fart' and 'rackadoom'. Are you not enjoying work? Taradiddle in a sentence: Thats such taradiddle I dont trust you at all! Background - As an aide memoire and a funny play of words to bring attention to tinea capitis from fungal organisms contracted from a cat