did mapleshade's kits go to starclan

His apprentice, Perchpaw, attacked Mapleshade and gave her wounds that would later on end her life. Finally, they had made it to the Riverclan border, only a raging river not standing in their way. Winners of the July 2022 fan challenge + new challenge announcement. And, thats not all! It was believed by some that she would be leader one day. There is no reason hed know and she wouldnt, but she didnt care. ShadowClan Crookedstar's Promise. Why would they immediately start judging her kits?! Bluestar and Mapleshade are actually quite the same Today was also the day of Half-Moon, where us medicine cats go to the Highstones. They enjoy it, but a RiverClan patrol spots them and warns them away. Now.can I ask you a question? I looked for revenge whenever I could! Ravenwing finds out, and tells everyone, and both Oakstar and Frecklewish are understandably upset when they learn that Oakstars son and Frecklewishs brother is not the father, but rather the cat who killed him, which Mapleshade defends by saying it was an accident he died, and tries to say that it doesnt matter who the father is. What is going on here? My mother sounded confused, anxious, and concerned at the same time. The tom that was truly the father. Larchkit mews a RiverClan warrior had to save Patchkit. Hello Mapleshade, Appledusk dipped his head to her formally, but Mapleshade could tell the dark cream tom was overjoyed. Tigerstar | Thistleclaw | Mapleshade | Goosefeather | Ashfur | Darkstripe | Hollyleaf, RiverClan Hes been like that the entire day. Second, the stepping stones are not the safest way to cross, and the map shows two perfectly good bridges that she could have used to cross. Art by GrayPillow People empathize with Mapleshade and defend her with the fact that her kits drowned. Ashfur, however, is a bit more complicated he never actually breaks the code he's only ever given the chance to make threats to murder in the case of trying to murder Jayfeather and his siblings. Enter a Melbet promo code and get a generous bonus, An Insight into Coupons and a Secret Bonus, Organic Hacks to Tweak Audio Recording for Videos Production, Bring Back Life to Your Graphic Images- Used Best Graphic Design Software, New Google Update and Future of Interstitial Ads. Sure, she's an excellent villain that breaks a lot of stereotypes, but that doesn't justify the murder of 3 cats. He told you to wait. Heres a small Riverspirit lists characters that had insecurities that affected their lives. When Crookedstar'slast remaining daughter, Silverstream, fell in love with the ThunderClan tom Graystripe, and died giving birth to their kits, Mapleshade declared Crookedstar's "punishment" complete. For now, you don't need to know anything else. She kept their relationship a secret, sneaking out at night to meet him in private. I'm not trying to say here that I think Mapleshade should be in StarClan, or that her actions are better than Ashfur's (they're not because she actually did kill cats while Ashfur didn't.) The reasons why she didnt go to the bridge was I dont get how shes so popular when she started her own problems! She was only tryna do whats best for her kits. One thing which in my mind seems like a pretty obvious bad thing that could get someone sent to the Dark Forest is murder. Ravenwing figures out that Mapleshade's kits are Appledusk's kits too. Onestar | Mudclaw | Antpelt | Breezepelt | Houndleap, BloodClan But you have not won, Mapleshade. Frecklewish used Mapleshade's kits to feel better about her brother's death and when that didn't work out she wanted them gone in spite of the warrior code. I never thought of Mapleshade as evil though, and really wanted to see a better future for her. Be patient, and you will find out everything.Mapleshade revealing herself to Tigerclaw. And, I would classify Ashfur trying to kill innocent cats to get revenge on Squirrelflight as "evil." He should be in the Place of No Stars for all eternity. And, the most unfair thing of all was that Featherwhisker kept Bluestars secret a secret, when the other medicine cat couldnt keep their snout in the right place, resulting in Mapleshades kits death, heartbreak, and grief. Well, I think youre right! Manage all your favorite fandoms in one place! I was wondering.if you would let me take Patchkit as my apprentice. Point 2) you might be right that Hollyleaf made up for what she did through heroic action. Blinded by rage and jealousy, Mapleshade attacked Reedshine, but Appledusk jumped in the way and was killed instead. Make more articles! When the Clans moved to new territories, Mapleshade followed and plotted with the other Dark Forest cats to destroy them once and for all, takingin and training more living recruits than ever before. Are they ready to face danger..and the truth?. If he was the medicine cat, why does he need me? Patchkit interrupts crossly that he did not, he was just resting. Thanks! Kang the Conqueror (Marvel Cinematic Universe). I hope you never see Ravenwing in StarClan. An interesting theory that came to mind was that Mapleshade wanted to kill Firestar, because he was the mate to Sandstorm, and she wanted her to suffer. I was right. It was a plump, juicy one, and I had to resist eating it greatly. During her exile, Mapleshade had visions of her drowned kits, initially wailing for help and then urging her to commit murder. Also, WHY COULD DARKSTAR NOT HAVE BEEN AS GENEROUS AS CROOKEDSTAR?! Thanks, I whispered, smiling. Mapleshade vowed to the pregnant Reedshine that she would haunt Appledusk's descendants forever for what he did to her. It was too far, and they were tired. Someone I wished would be with you this very moment. Mapleshade pondered over the kind, handsome tom with those brilliant green eyes. To be a loner when all you tried to do was love? Mapleshade gives her news to the Clan the next day, and when asked about the father she says only that she's raising the kits alone. Narrator about Mapleshade's failed accomplishment. She had two sons and a daughter, naming the daughter Petalkit and the sons Patchkit and Larchkit. As they bring her back to camp, unsure if they can save her life, Mapleshade hears only one of her kits calling for her. This is due to the fact that,unlike most of the other major villains, whose evil actions are driven by a lust for something they've never had, Mapleshade's evil actions are driven by grief and anger over something she has lost. Do you make that promise?.Mapleshade demanding Crookedkit's fateful promise. Because of the murders she committed, Mapleshade's spirit was denied entry to StarClan and instead sent to the Place of No Stars, also known as the Dark Forest. But don't worry, I made them pay. Ashfur still attempted to murder kitties. His apprentice, Perchpaw, attacked Mapleshade and gave her wounds that would later on end her life. Appledusk will live on in his kits, and their kits in turn. I have walked beside you from the day you were born, guiding your paw steps, laying out your destiny before you. "A fresh fish, straight from the river!". Pigma Micron Archival Ink pens. There, her lust for vengeance unsatisfied, she plotted against ThunderClan and RiverClan, the clans who cast her out. Oh yeah, and he tried to kill a kit sooooo. Only if you want to, though., Mapleshade was bewildered, but honored. We have all night, after all. Even in death and after exacting revenge, she could not let go of her pain and hatred, and targeted her enemies' descendants, even going so far as to turn her back on StarClan, whom she previously had faith in. Crookedstar spent much of his life being swayed by Mapleshade's vengeful spirit, but once he realized the darkness behind her words, he turned away from her and focused on leading his Clan. Thanks Momma!. Wait here, He announced, disappearing into the bushes. Mapleshade buried her muzzle into his fur. "You must promise me that you will be loyal to your Clan above all other things. While he fell in love with Snowfur, Thistleclaw despised her sister, Bluestar. However, Mapleshade also had a hidden arrogant, naive and selfish side to her, as seen when she acted possessive over Appledusk and disregarded his concerns regarding their relationship, and at one point resisted the urge to attack Frecklewish when the other she-cat attempted to bond with who she thinks are her brother's kits. Appledusk blamed Mapleshade for getting their kits drowned and turned Mapleshade away. She then kills Frecklewish using adders. And Mapleshade was having nightmares of her kits unable to reach starclan without killing appledusk, ravenwing, And frecklewish. Her sanity dropped low and StarClan didnt know (Yes, I believe in the StarClan is Idiots Theory) because they dont know everything. You Fool! I started to take it over to the medicine cat den, but someone interrupted me. Mapleshade faced betrayal and heartbreak in her life, and the burning need to make everyone else feel her pain followed her even beyond death. So, first off, this article did not change my mind about her (though it has good points). After his death, Tigerstar joined Mapleshade in the Dark Forest. She whispers doubts into his head about his leadership skills and urges him to make it clear he's in charge. What you want for yourself is nothing compared to the needs of your Clan. She tries to carry the kits across the river but they drown, and when she gets . Mapleshade taunts Tigerclaw in his mind for losing against a kittypet after failing to kill Bluestar. "He loved too much". I totally agree about Ashfur haha. She discovered that she could dwell in the dreams of others, and watched over Stormkit, Appledusk's great grandson, destined to be RiverClan's next leader. Spottedleaf, dying, tells him that that was never meant to happen and that she couldnt journey with him anymore. During the battle between the Clans, StarClan and the Dark Forest, she tried to kill a ThunderClan senior warrior, Sandstorm, becauseshe had everything Mapleshade ever wanted: a mate who loved her, having kits that she could watch grow up and one day have kits of their own, and respect from her Clanmates, all of which she believed StarClan stole from her. This is where my issue with the Dark Forest is since who is sent to the Dark Forest or not seems rather arbitrary. She promised Crookedkit that she would make all his hopes come true in return for one thing: that he would hold his Clan more precious than anything else in the world. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. But, this cant be the only criteria for entrance into the Dark Forest because other cats like Darkstripe, Thistleclaw and Hawkfrost are also in the Dark Forest, but none of them actually succeeded in murdering anyone. 5 Cats That Everyone Thinks Deserved to go to the Dark Forest but dont (and one Cat who Absolutely does) by HollyleafTheGreat, Skye [Skypaw//Skymist//Misty Moon On A Fareway Sky//Has two fanfics going on! She left vowing that they would regret what they did that day forever. The river borrowed through the territories like a weaving snake, letting nothing get in its way. Mapleshade is evil. Through the reeds, their wide eyes saw the thick-furred she-cat slowly and carefully step into the water. The kits soon were playfighting with a leaf that spiraled down from the sky. Great article, you really are HollyleafTheGreat! Mapleshade is a sturdy, large, matted, sleek, tortoiseshell she-cat with a scar on the bridge of her nose, a fluffy white tail, and amber eyes. Needless to say, the Clan does not take this well, and Mapleshade and her kits are exiled. To be honest, I was a little stung by that comment. The Wishful Nights - Book 1: Assassin's Oath. (Birchface has SkyClan blood!) Few who knew the noble RiverClan leader in life could have ever guessed the dark shadow that haunted his every step. Well, I caught it just for you!! If only they knew. Oh, that would be wonderful., Theyll be the best ThunderClan warriors ever, He whispered. We use cookies to optimize our website and our service. Nettlebreeze says that Mapleshade deserves to go to the Dark Forest. Deathberries, also known by Twolegs as yew berries, are a type of poisonous fruit resembling red olives. So, I think theres enough evidence to say that Thistleclaws motives were bad. Honestly, Mapleshade's actions make more sense than Ashfur's in that context because she actually killed the cats that had a direct hand in causing her exile/the kits' death, while Ashfur intended to murder Firestar, Jayfeather, Hollyleaf, and Lionblaze, all cats who never did anything to cause direct harm to him. Firestar is horrified, crying that Spottedleaf had promised to be there when he went to StarClan. He was only foiled first when Brambleclaw killed Hawkfrost to save Firestar, and second when Squirrelflight revealed that the kits werent hers biologically and tricked Ashfur into thinking their deaths wouldnt hurt her. Alternately, maybe it has to do with your connections in StarClan. Darkstripe was loyal to a murderous cat, he tried to kill a child. It will be my first time!! Like what level of a bad thing does a cat have to do or think or whatever to go to the Dark Forest? Books Mapleshae Test Warrior Cats Mapleshade. It was entirely, 100% her fault. Not wishing she were in StarClan. A mate that loved me, kits that I could watch grow up and have kits of their own, the respect of my Clanmates! Or perhaps join ShadowClan or WindClan? In this separate timeline, Mapleshades kits lived and Mapleshade proves Ravenwing wrong about the prophecy of the 3 reeds. Cats like Tigerstar, Thistleclaw, and Brokenstar who viewed StarClan and stupid and weak simply did not want to go there after their deaths. When they die, theyre reborn into a Clan of their choice without their old memories. Im gonna go find out. She set off towards Larchpaw. Tigerstar | Brokenstar | Hawkfrost | Thistleclaw | Mapleshade | Darkstripe | Shredtail | Snowtuft | Antpelt | Breezepelt | Clawface | Redwillow | Silverhawk | Juniperclaw | Darktail | Houndleap | Sparrowfeather | Rushtooth | Maggottail, The Kin Petalkit wrapped her paws around Patchkit's body,while Larchkit leaned his head as to follow his mother. Well, Mapleshade died after she killed Appledusk, whom she had blamed for the death of her kits as well as blaming Ravenwing and Frecklewish. The black tom approached her with calm manner. This list shows the victims Mapleshade has killed: Warriors Wiki is a FANDOM Books Community. . Hm I just think "evil" is so subjective though haha. If only you were here. I mean, it makes sense conceptually at least; if StarClan is cat-paradise, then it makes logical sense to have an opposite of paradise: a cat-hell where bad cats go when they die. She takes her kits across the river, but they drown. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This has too many spoilers, Why cant I stop reading Blogclan?! And every blessing they stole from me! Couldnt Mapleshade wander into non-territory and cross a safer way? Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available from thestaff@tvtropes.org. You will live to regret this day forever, ThunderClan, and that is a promise. For all eternity, Appledusk's kin would mourn the day he had destroyed the life of a ThunderClan warrior. I will never forget this. She screeched. Mapleshade gave birth to Larchkit, Petalkit and Patchkit, and the Clan assumed Birchface was their father. Of course. I dashed outside, nodding to Crimsonwish. Why would you want to go to StarClan? In Mapleshade's Vengeance, she falls in love with Appledusk. Mapleshade is listed under RiverClan's character list in the table of contents, just after Crookedstar. Crookedkit agreed. Days later, Mapleshade discovers that Reedshine of RiverClan is expecting Appledusk's kits. Im sorry. Thistleclaw was absolutely insane and he let his insanity take him over the edge. Mapleshade wasambitious and enjoyed their admiration, and was also compassionate and affable, as she was usually polite to other cats and felt sympathy for Ravenwing for being ThunderClan's only medicine cat. She pretends that shes done nothing wrong, and might have had a chance to stay if she at least pretended she was remorseful, and if it were a recent enough battle, she could have said that she mated with Appledusk in secret, and when hed killed Birchface, shed seen his true colors. As aresult, shewas held in high esteem by her Clanmates, who believed she would one day become deputy and then leader. No matter what she did, she just couldnt make Sandstorm suffer, so she made Firestar suffer;by killing Spottedleaf. They are perfect, Appledusk murmured. Same thing goes for Hollyleaf. Why did Mapleshade hate Sandstorm? Is Birchface really their father? Mapleshadewas a female she-cat born in ThunderClan, one of the fivewarrior Clans, during the time that Oakstar was leader. Nothing, remember? by that logic, why wasn't Mapleshade accepted into StarClan? Bluestar: "It smells good!". You will live to regret this day forever, ThunderClan, and that is a promise.Mapleshade when she is exiled from ThunderClan. Mapleshade tries to take the kits across the river, but it's flooded, and the kits drown; Mapleshade herself only survives because a RiverClan patrol pulls her out in time. I have walked beside you from the day you were born, guiding your paw steps, laying out your destiny before you. Petalkit and Larchkit nodded. Tigerstar | Blackfoot | Darkstripe | Jaggedtooth, Rogues COULDNT HAVE DARKSTAR AND THE OTHERS BEEN AS GENEROUS TO HER?! Mapleshade bravely tried to save her kits, and almost drowned herself in doing so, but ultimately failed. Mapleshade encourages him to rise as the rightful leader of ShadowClan, but warns him to be patient. Mapleshade suppressed a purr; Larchkit always made her laugh. If only they knew. Ravenwing was grateful, Mapleshade could tell. Manage all your favorite fandoms in one place! Mapleshade herself was not at fault for their deaths, and plenty of cats who loved a cat from another Clan have gone to StarClan. You, out of all warriors, should know that. Much, much more lies ahead of us, Tigerclaw. -her only meeting up with Oakheart at night, Mapleshade: He never really wanted to be a warrior anyway.. Next, she helped another Dark Forest cat, Silverhawk, train the ambitious warrior Thistleclaw, while she did the same with Crookedjaw. I looked for revenge whenever I could! Ive seen the incidents that happened the past few weeks, and Petalkit certainly resembles..hmm..Appledusk. I went through the agony of bearing your kits! Mapleshade briefly trained him in his dreams, buteventually didn't bother with him anymore, as she knew he was "already doomedby StarClan". Hawkfrost almost destroyed an enetire clan and was on the same path as tigerstar, he was ready to kill without mercy.I feel like thats enough to go to hell, 2)Hollyleaf didnt go to the dark forest because she was able to make up for what she did, and she faught to the death for her clan instead of the dark forest, 3)Ashfur didnt pretend to feel bad but starclan gives us the reason he went there.he did what he did out of love.I dont think that justifys anything but thats the reason, 4)Crowfeathers sidequest kind of shows us that you dont choose, he was almost killed and woke up in the dark forest, but he didnt choose to go there and was afraid until ashfur came and asked what the heck was going on with him, All in all i think the concept of starclan and the darkforest are pretty akin to our own, if your evil you go to hell, if your good you go to heaven, About your 1) point, my intention was never to argue that any cat in the Dark Forest was a good cat, who didn't deserve to be in the Dark Forest, just to point out there is no defined metric as to why cats go to the Dark Forest, beyond a nebulous sense of "oh, well they're bad.". The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. In the recent months, and years, really, I've noticed that there have been a lot of people who, without much reason, just seem to defend Mapleshade and say she should go to Starclan, blah blah blah. If Ashfur and Hollyleaf has a lot of loved ones in StarClan who wanted them there, maybe they were called there, in a manner of speaking. Why do you think I'm here? When he started to become close to Bluepaw, she scolded him. And now you treat me worse than prey. Get some rest, Patchpaw. Mapleshade almost spoke, but it was someone else who defended her. Don't come any closer! Of course, this then begs the question: what is the criteria for a bad cat? Manage all your favorite fandoms in one place! She then uncovered his grave and left his corpse to be eaten by a hawk. He will be part of RiverClan forever! After Frecklewish leaves, Ravenwing tells Mapleshade that she has made Frecklewish feel like life is worth living again with the birth of her kits. After many moons of secret meetings, Mapleshade became pregnant with Appledusks kits, giving birth to them in ThunderClan. After spending moons in the Dark Forest, her appearance became rather distorted andemaciated, witha scarred head, muzzle and face, and ragged, patched, matted fur. She has a fever., He grunted something like Know it all and took the prey. Villain Episode: This novella shows Mapleshade's downfall and how she first became a villain. She is too late, and the she-cat fades from beneath her. But then the Clans cast her out as a traitorand she vowed to seek her revenge. The ones that deserve to go to the dark Forest are Oakstar, Appledusk, & Darkstar. Meanwhile, Mapleshade was also targeting cats in ThunderClan. Darktail | Rain | Sleekwhisker | Raven | Nettle | Juniperclaw, TigerClan Oh my dear kits, you will be the best kits Thunderclan has ever seen. What If Mapleshade didn't make her kits go into the river? Ravenwing scents me behind him. My opinion on the warrior code part 2 by Ivywish, Top 5 Cats with HUGE insecurities by Riverspirit, Mojoflight AKA Mojo (She/Her and/or Hu/Hum), Frostpaw/moon is running for Senior Warrior , Was Goosefeather really delusional? We needed her! Cats like Tigerstar, Thistleclaw, and Brokenstar who viewed StarClan and stupid and weak simply did not want to go there after their deaths. These traumatic events left a huge mark on Mapleshade. I am an admin of this site. I should have had all that!.Mapleshade attempting to murder Sandstorm. Crookedstar's Promise, The Ultimate Guide, and Mapleshade's Vengeance state that she was rejected, the second book of which also states that she wasn't even allowed to stay the night in RiverClan's camp. Mapleshade Appledusk and Mapleshade sat together, watching from afar while their kits ate the fish. So, how can Ashfur be "not evil" in his heart, but Mapleshade is? However, Mapleshade was forced to surrender after Ashfur was defeated by the Lights in the Mist and fled. I nodded and countinued to stare at the rain. Or, I think the case could also be made that she killed Ashfur out of self-defense/ to protect the clan because he was clearly unhinged and a threat. Caliart alcohol markers. Hey guys, today I figured that Id share something that has been bothering me about the series the apparent inconsistency between what cats are and are not sent to the Dark Forest. and I could go on with Hawkfrost but you get the point only one that can't be justified under this ruling is Thistleclaw which yes he was manipulative to a minor he didn't actually break the warrior code there (Despite it being all types of wrong) and we can make the argument that he wanted to make himself stronger for his clan by going to the dark forest. To be rejected twice? Having lost everything she'd cared about, Mapleshade had nothing left to live for and heronly goal was taking revenge on those who had ruined her life. Art by GrayPillow People empathize with Mapleshade and defend her with the fact that her kits drowned. Mapleshade smiled sadly at her kits. After this she only hears two of her kits crying for her, and she thinks she needs to kill three cats total to properly avenge them. Yes, Mapleshade purred. To be rejected twice? But on the contrary, Mapleshade just said, Go ahead., A stream somehow flowed into my den and brought along three water reeds with it. Ravenwing stated. She is said to have broken the jaw of a pike in order to make Crookedjaw deputy in The Ultimate Guide, when she actually broke the jaw of a squirrel in Crookedstar's Promise. Mapleshade deeply loved her kits, especially Patchkit, who seemed to be the most attached to her. Appledusk gestured for her to come behind a willow tree, so Mapleshade followed, taking one last glance at the kits. When this is revealed, she is exiled and attempts to go to Riverclan.