de anza college football coaches

The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comment. . View job description, responsibilities and qualifications. 408.864.8744. Assistant Football Coach/Defensive Coordinator. He also coordinates athletic and academic cohort services in . In regard to playing for a coach thats straight up with you, Bell says it carries a lot of weight in gaining player respect. I can't wait to see what Coach D does next as I will continue to cheer him on as he does for me", Irv Pankey (former Los Angeles Ram great and coaching colleague) "Coach D'Agostino is an experienced young coach who is well-connected inside coaching circles. October 22, 2022 Football. He enrolled at the University of Massachusetts and earned a bachelors degree in Sports Management. The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. While the 49ers are taking pictures, the De Anza players are more focused on their warmups and game plan. We use cookies to optimize our website and our service. January 17, 2023 Baseball. Jan 2004 - Feb 20139 years 2 months. We got some new freshmen coming this year, so theyre very talented and they fit right in. Eric Frantz Sep 30, 2022. On the last day of September, as summer slowly shifts to fall, the Dons line up for one final walk-through before their biggest challenge of the season. Report this profile . Just like academics, football at the community college level, is often viewed as a launchpad to something better. Final. De Anza College Athletics is committed to guiding diverse students towards success in academics, athletic competition and citizenship, by providing opportunities where students have access to . On the offense bus at least, the linemen break out into carpool karaoke, shamelessly belting Party in the U.S.A by Miley Cyrus at the top of their lungs. In the last four years, including this season, the team has lost only two conference games and last season moved into a stronger division by jumping to the Golden Gate Conference. DAgostino expects the same of his players. We recommend switching to Chrome, Firefox, and/or Safari for not only SportsRecruits, but for all websites. Must have First Aid and CPR Certification. I'm excited to see him take on his new role at De Anza College. The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network. A former Los Angeles Dodgers associate scout and a championship-winning high school head coach, Raich decided to take his affinity for the game to De Anza College. Student Success, Recruiting and Academic Coordinator/Defensive Line Coach. He just wants his guys to be as excited as he is for their final game of the 2021 season. Addthis. On 10/21, the De Anza varsity football team won their away conference game against Pinole Valley (Pinole, CA) by a score of 26-20. To be able to compete with those teams and beat those teams, that gives us the confidence to play at an explosive level and play to the best of our abilities.. Coach DAgostino outlines a play for a group of offensive players at spring practice. Football. He did a lot of those things where most schools probably have somebody already doing that, he didnt mind doing it himself.. A resident of San Francisco, Murphy showed his allegiance to the Dons. Hes been a grinder his whole life. We have high expectations in the classroom and on the football field, and if theyre willing to do it, thats what were looking for.. Before then, he and his brother Miah both knew Santos when they were in highschool. ", Noah Wright (current DT at San Jose State) "I met Coach D in 2015 before my career at College of the Sequoias, and little did I know the major role he would later play not only in my development as an athlete, but as a student and a man as well. You can certainly start by filling out the De Anza College Footballs recruiting questionnaire and getting on their list, but thats only the start. If that happens then well, it might just feel like football season year-round at De Anza College. Easy 1-Click Apply (WEST CONTRA COSTA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT) Athletic Coaches De Anza High School for 2022-2023 School Year job in Richmond, CA. The COVID situation really set us back during training camp and a lot of good players chose to sit out rather than deal with the uncertainty, Tia said. Head Football Coach/FAST Coordinator. Former De Anza WR Brennan Marion Named UNLV Offensive Coordinator. Police and crime . On the field, Coach DAgostino is loud and demanding. De Anza College Football Coach in California makes about $90,000 per year. 2:30 to 7 p.m. DAgostino is all football. Victor Martinez. Men's Sports. January 16, 2023. This is the De Anza College (California) Football scholarship and program information page. It was a bittersweet year winning a championship and making coach of the year. I havent really thought about that, but I know that it would be a difficult pill to swallow, he said. La Voz Weekly intends this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. nlike the pros, the NCAA, or even high schools which were able to return to in-person much earlier, junior colleges, or JUCO schools as they are otherwise known, were the last institutions in the state to come back after the initial pandemic shutdowns. We do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks or language that might be interpreted as defamatory. My family also experienced some really hard times during my time at COS and the love and geniune concern that Coach D showed me and my family - and continues to show us in something I will always be grateful for. Obenour, who was around for Elders tenure as well as De Anzas other ups and downs throughout his 30 years at the school, acknowledges that the football program is currently primed for a long run as a football powerhouse. On 9/30, the De Anza varsity football team won by forfeit in their away non-conference game against Piedmont (CA). 530-283-0202 x 306: tturk@frc.edu: Men's Soccer. De Anza 40. On average, 34% of all student-athletes receive athletic scholarships. Super Bowl LVII: Who will win the biggest game of the year? 2018-2021: Nebraska (QB) Mario Verduzco is an American football coach. 2020 De Anza College . . Now in his fifth year as De Anza baseball's head coach, Raich often emphasizes that positivity and not getting too comfortable can go a long way. We had a few close ones this year that slipped away.. He helped mold me into the man that I am today and I'm truly blesssed to have met a man such as him. 20 Los Medanos. But is this avant garde Harry and Meghan reveals a new side of their royal relationship, M3gan falls short in the horror category. Atencio recalls a story of a second-string player when he was going to get his opportunity to shine. He says that outside of football, he views his job as simply being in the helping business.. Ive got a slew of players that have really changed their life as a result of our interaction together. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comment. Mentor, coach and trainer of Design Engineers and Checking Engineers. Show college coaches your game. Upload or embed from Hudl, Vimeo, Youtube and more. See if you qualify! Store. In 2010, DAgostino earned his masters degree in Kinesiology from Fresno Pacific University. He is that coach who changed my life. Indeed.com estimated this salary based on data from 1 employees, users and past and present job ads. He still remembers and keeps in touch with many in the old San Jose community such as the Zanotto family kids whom he went to school with. ", Gene Pryor (current OT University of Hawai'i) "Coach D is one of the hardest working coaches I've known. Parent In JUCO sports, the players and staff quickly learn that they must find their own solutions instead of waiting around for help. The controversial artificial intelligence program, ChatGPT, is changing the world. It offers more than 260 degree and certificate programs, 25 support programs, and more than 50 student clubs and athletic programs, including counseling and tutoring. As people start making their way back to the buses, Santos is busy passing out dinner that he picked up even earlier that morning and stowed away: barbeque tri-tip and chicken sandwiches from Zanottos, a San Jose institution that he says he has connections with. Sophomore linebacker Iretunde Akinsola sought out a photographer to take a picture of him and coach Tia, whom he credits with recruiting him to De Anza after he had struggled to find a role at Chabot College a year prior. October 14, 2022 Football. Undocumented students: Use the OpenCCC application, but be sure to review our AB 540 Guide , which explains how to request . Whether it be forcing a punt or a turnover on downs, the Mountain Lions held their opponents to a total of three yards through two quarters. November 18, 2022 Football. Super Bowl LVII: Who will win the biggest game of the year? For Agular-Pinon, who at the time of this publication had chosen to go to San Jose State and try his hand as a walk-on, finishing his De Anza career on a high note meant a lot. The De Anza College men's baseball team is made up of 28 players who, in turn, are trained and guided by a head coach and 2 assistant coaches. During spring ball practice where players are doing light workouts and mostly just getting themselves back into football shape, DAgostino expects nothing less than 100% effort from every one of his players. American Division Cross-Over. One could say that it is this way because these young men are preparing their minds and body for battle, but its also likely that like any of us, theyre just on their smartphones or trying to catch up on some sleep. In 2013, the Dons won just 4 games the season prior to Al-Ameen's arrival and had a poor team grade point average. DAgostino was also involved with efforts in outreach and fundraising. While some community college programs have the resources and intentions of doing a lot of out-of-area recruiting, Atencio goes about it in another way. Anthony Tony Santos has, compared to many in the area, deep roots in the San Jose/Northern California community. . The team went on to play Merced College the next week and ended up losing 21-20 at home. The change of seasons, with a summer sun intertwining with the autumn breeze, feels like football season has officially arrivedand so have the Dons. We use cookies to optimize our website and our service. Box Score | Video. Football, Cross Country Track, Volleyball . He comes by the schools and he asks about the kids. Indeed, the local high schools are starting to notice. posted 100-yard games against Merced (113 yards, 1 TD) and De Anza (104 yards, 2 TDs) . For the best experience, we recommend, start your free recruiting profile with SportsRecruits today. Under his teaching and guidance I was able to elevate not onl my play, but my academic performance. They gave me connections and opened doors that I didnt have before.. 530-283-0202 x 329: wmckenzie@frc.edu: Bill Abramson: . Its really a wraparound service to empower our young men. In 2014, Ansar Al-Ameen coached his first season at De Anza High School in Richmond, CA; where the Dons reached the Northern California Section playoffs. Grand opening of new physical Villages space, To: Immigrants With Love: Fostering love for the undocumented community, The De Anza Flea Market: An opportunity for the community, Professor Rich Hansen leaves behind a legacy of excellence, Silicon Valley Reads celebrates Journey to New Beginnings, De Anzas 2022 football season comes to an end with a 27-13 loss to its rivals the Foothill College Owls, De Anza Football Fall 2022 Season Recap: New coach lights a spark, Iretunde Akinsola hails from Nigeria, but has found a new home, De Anza College footballs first loss of the season to Los Medanos, For new De Anza head football coach Joe DAgostino, its about more than just wins and losses. He also attended law school (2001-02) at Lincoln Law School in Sacramento before his journey started in community college. Get Discovered by college coaches. Key California high school football games, computer rankings, statewide stat leaders, schedules and scores - live and final. College coaches search for recruits on NCSA's platform 741,611 times in 2021. As his former coach, I'm proud of him and looking forward to see what he does at De Anza College. If we do all those things correctly, then we should have pretty good outcomes. Eric Dixon. Our job is to prepare them to transfer and to finish that 100% of their football career, and then give them the ability to have a career as a result, said DAgostino. SAC) is a public community college in Walnut, California. The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network. Add School to Favorites Email the Coaches. Build, maintain and track progress with colleges on your target list. From there, players up and down the roster got their chance to add their name to the box score. November 12, 2022 Football. He can finally put away the glass-half-full/stay-positive halftime speech hed gotten used to delivering and instead just tell his guys to enjoy the moment. For example, in 2018, when they were having one of their most successful seasons on the field, the De Anza football program was almost scrapped as a part of the colleges broader budget crisis. CUPERTINO - Ron Hannon became De Anza College's first Director of Athletics & Student-Athlete Success (a new management position at the school) on March 7, 2022. The team is currently 4-2 with aspirations of taking back to back American-Pacific 7 championship titles. Thats what were striving for, Atencio says. jsteptoe@collegeofthedesert.edu. Sat Sep 24. He coaches with a fire that has been lit ever since he started playing football when in pop warner. On 10/28, the De Anza varsity football team lost their home conference game against El Cerrito (CA) by a score of 61-0. Game 5 Live Stream. The type of dedication illustrates is not new to De Anzas head football coach DAgostino. La Voz does not allow anonymous comments, and requires a valid name and email address. 2020 De Anza College Athletics 21250 Stevens Creek Blvd., Cupertino, CA 95014 De Anza's stats have been entered for the 61-0 loss vs. El Cerrito on 10/28/2022 7:00 PM. ackermans@ecc.edu. Under DAgostino's tutelage, 12 student-athletes have earned Junior College All-American status. Perhaps indicative of the two pregame buildups, the Mountain Lions dominated early from the start. Defensive assistant coach Nate Tia is well versed in these transactions. Subsequently, creating something both successful and consistent is no easy task, and yet something special appears to be brewing at the corner of Stevens Creek Boulevard and Highway 85. Nick Goulet. His wife Nadia, along with their children Sofia (11) and Luca (7) wait patiently 184 miles and three hours away at their home in Hanford. On the offense bus at least, the linemen break out into carpool karaoke, shamelessly belting Party in the U.S.A by Miley Cyrus at the top of their lungs. A minute before the halftime whistles blew, a frustrated receiver slammed his helmet onto the ground and yelled, all I do is ride the bench and run routes. Time was running out to make a name for oneself. Twitter. In addition to his full-time responsibilities, Santos says hes on the phone all the time trying to recruit players into De Anza, but also recruiting them out to whatever next level is available. You need your profile to showcase all of your academic and athletic achievements, and be able to instantly connect to college coaches who are interested. For someone who has been awake for 18 straight hours, Santos doesnt show much worse for wear. All staff is credentialedthrough USSF, NSCAA & UEFAwith multiple coaches holding the USSF Class-A coaching license. Game 6 Live Stream. Find content for all St. Ignatius College Preparatory Wildcats' Field Hockey teams covered by MaxPreps over the years. Over the years, his teams have won five conference titles and compiled a record of 100-54 (.650 winning percentage). CCCAA Football Cupertino, CA Joined: Jun 2014: Roster: 15: Alumni: 59: Visit Official Website. He was ruled ineligible to play. Sat Dec 17. We want to make sure that you are on a more secure browser and that you have the best experience with SportsRecruits as possible. 760.773.2584. He can finally put away the glass-half-full/stay-positive halftime speech hed gotten used to delivering and instead just tell his guys to enjoy the moment. De Anza received the California Gold Ribbon Award in 2015 for demonstrating exemplary achievement. After college, DAgostino didnt really know what he wanted to do. California high school football Week 5 schedule and scores - live and final. De Anza College. Phone: (559) 737-6206. The football community is both large and small at the same time, and these conversations take place almost all 365 days of the year. Hes pulling people into a lively conversation around the humble breakfast spread of PB&J sandwiches, fruit and boiled eggs that he set up outside of his office. Led by head coach and longtime Sporting midfielder Benny Feilhaber, Sporting KC II will travel to face USL Championship side FC Tulsa at 1 p.m. CT Saturday in the resumption of the club's 2023 . The rest of the first half would play out almost exactly how it started with the De Anza defense leading the way and setting the tone. Joe D'Agostino De Anza's first drive resulted in a punt, followed by. The excitement from the team is resonating across the athletics department and campus, and the driving force behind it all appears to be Atencio. His 16-year career in the California community college system also includes coaching and teaching assignments at Reedley College, Merced College, and West Hills College-Coalinga working in a variety of roles, including offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, recruiting coordinator, and assistant head coach. The season opened on Sept. 7 with a rough defeat on the road versus Reedley College, with the final score being 47-28. News Twitter Instagram Alumni. Zoom sex clubs may be the responsible way to stay sexually active while single during the pandemic, Planning and Development Team fields backlash against new event center. For their last game, Coach Santos had booked an away game at Yuba College over 160 miles away from De Anza College, a few towns north of Sacramento, which makes it roughly a six hour bus ride to and from. Dan Atencio doesnt like to acknowledge it, but all signs point back to the head coach. Select Sport. During the season, De Anza had posted a full time job opening for his role, which as he reminded, he scaled back on paper in order to make the numbers work. In JUCO sports, the players and staff quickly learn that they must find their own solutions instead of waiting around for help. I seek his advice regularly. La Voz Weekly intends this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments should be respectful and constructive. Theyre not taking weight lifting; theyre doing serious academic work. He's more than a coach for me and our connection is as strong as ever. Elder, considered an all-time great at De Anza for his work at the school, took a 1-9 football team in his first year as coach in 1977 and turned it into a national champion just two years later. He jokes with his players and enjoys a laugh with his assistant coaches. From working as a team manager for the Boston Celtics and Sacramento Kings to working his way up the coaching ladder at five different community colleges, he has always embraced the grind. Five minutes into the game and the Mountain Lions are already up 14-0. Standards have been set high, as have expectations. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you. efore the game kicks off, Yuba College holds a small ceremony for its sophomore players akin to the more widely known Senior Night. An announcer reads off the names of those playing their final game, and those players get flowers and recognition from their loved ones. Off to the corner of their sideline, a single ambulance also pulls onto the field as per standard procedure a quiet reminder of the dangers of the game. We do not support Internet Explorer. All Access Digital offer for just 99 cents! Any other web site containing information . Its build this one and make sure its consistent., Theres going to be ups and downs, he adds.