You don't just snap, become crazy, then snap back and you're normal. "She was chewing gum, she wasnt crying, and she looked like she was enjoying the attention quite frankly. Routier's appearance has changed dramatically over her time behind bars, as she transitioned from a lithe blonde into a heavy-set brunette. Susanna Reid comes face to face with convicted killer Darlie Routier in the documentary. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. Darlie Lynn Peck Routier (born January 4, 1970) is an American woman from Rowlett, Texas, who was convicted and sentenced to death for the murder of her five-year-old son Damon in 1996. The couple spent their newfound wealth - as much as $500,000 a year - on a Jaguar, cabin-cruiser, vacations and an upscale home replete with a fountain in the front yard and hot tub in back. You cannot repair the marriage because of the distance all these years.". Born in Pennsylvania, Routier had spent her teenage years in Lubbock, Texas where she met her future husband Darin Routier when she was 15 years old. Altoona native's murder conviction, appeal featured series - AP NEWS Discover the net worth of Darlie Routier on CelebsMoney. In fact, they only waited till August 1988 to get married due to their age. [5] Her wounds, described as superficial,[11] came within two millimeters of her carotid artery. Darlie Routier also has a ruling planet of Saturn. As requested: The conclusion of the analysis is at the bottom of the page. Prosecutors managed to convince a jury that the mother had fabricated the account. They settled in the Dallas area, where Darin Routiers business testing circuit boards became successful a few years later. "As I came to, I remember seeing a man. Darin Routier said neither he nor his wife plans. Darlie Routier - Net Worth February 2023, Salary, Age, Siblings, Bio Offsite Link by Anonymous reply 13 June 17, 2019 4:50 PM If she did do it, how has she managed to convince so many supporters she didn't? Twenty Years Later, Darlie Routier Murder Case Remembered According to Darlie there no financial issues either. [6], Routier told the police that she had fallen asleep on the couch with her two boys while watching television, only to wake up later and discover an unknown man in her house. Darlie Routier: Myth vs. Fact - The CrimeWire - Soapboxie Dallas housewife Darlie Routier has undergone a shocking transformation over her the past 20 decades she's spent on death row for killing her two young sons. She met him when he was a cook at Western Sizzlin restaurant where her mother also worked. She stated that as she approached him, the man fled, dropping the knife in a utility room as he ran. If they choose to kill me, they will have to answer to that. Seeing that Darlie was somewhat okay, he worked to revive one of their two injured sons, but to no avail. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. "It's not necessarily something that you want but it's something that you have to. A lot of people think that because I divorced Darlie that I dont believe in her anymore, but thats far from the truth, he said on The Last Defense. [She] is 100% innocent. When she was a teenager, she relocated to Lubbock with her mother and stepfather. I did the only thing I knew to do to honor him and give him all his wishes because he wasn't here anymore. Incarcerated; earliest possible release 2025. They're dying. She's the mother of my children," Darin Routier, who divorced Darlie Routier in 2011, told "ABC News." She remains on death row while he maintains her innocence. Whos the richest Criminal in the world? Mother convicted of murder gets help from Innocence Project How do I write a letter to principal for financial help? Ectrodactyly: The Life Of Grady Franklin Stiles Jr. | ipl.org Since their divorce, Darin hasnt remarried and maintains Darlies innocence. [25] On January 29, 2014, Chief Judge of the Western District Fred Biery granted a request from prosecution and defense for her case for further DNA tests vital to the defense to be performed on a bloody fingerprint found in the house, a bloody sock and her nightshirt. Darlie Routier's ex-husband says she's innocent in sons' murders "I loved Darlie. Susanna meets up with Darrin while he picks up an expensive engagement ring for Darlie and claims their love is real, but it's later revealed that they split up but remain friends. Police found it highly suspicious that Routier and her sons had been severely wounded by an armed intruder without waking her until after the attack had occurred. Darlie Routier is currently single. Mum says 'evil monster' who killed daughter, 16, looked her in eyes 'with no remorse', Teen stabbed friend in heart after he 'thought he sexually assaulted his mum', 'They have a LOT in common' Helen Skelton grows close to Strictly pro Vito Coppola after bonding on tour bus - almost one year after rugby star husband left mum-of-three, Interactive map shows exactly where snow could fall in UK as mercury nosedives to -7C, Doctor tells Harry he believes Prince has Attention Deficit Disorder in live Q&A, Kate Garraway shares Derek's final words as he believed he was about to die, Spencer Matthews 'furious' after Disney delays Everest doc as it shows dead bodies, 'I DIDN'T BREAK THE LAW' Matt Hancock tells lawyers he wants immunity on care home deaths during Covid pandemic, Matt Hancock plotted to use new Covid variant to 'frighten the pants off everyone' in leaked WhatsApp, Loose Women star Linda Robson's 'marriage crisis' after hitting 'rough patch', Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silence, Mrs Brown's Boys to return with four-part miniseries as filming begins soon, Kelsey Parker taking kids to see pop star husband Tom honoured on Dancing on Ice, Prince Harry's fresh blast at dad Charles saying he and royals 'don't speak same language', Subscribe to Daily Mirror and Sunday Mirror newspapers. The 26-year-old homemaker and mother of three alleged that an intruder had broken into her home on June 6, 1996, stabbed two of her sons to death, and attacked her, leaving her with . Darlie Routier has not been previously engaged. Darlie's friends and family could not believe how she was being depicted and have continued to stand by her, including her remaining son Drake. Similarly, they married in 1988. . The 53-year-old American was born in the Year of the Dog and is part of Generation X. Darlie Routiers birth sign is Capricorn and she has a ruling planet of Saturn. [44], In 2020, ITV broadcast the documentary Death Row's Women with Susanna Reid in which the British journalist travelled to Texas to interview Routier face to face over the course of an hour. Darin Routier files for divorce | Websleuths Something went wrong, please try again later. The court filing cites a "conflict of personalities" between the Routiers, but Darlie Routier's mother, Darlie Kee, said her daughter and Darin still love one another and that the wording is typical for a divorce petition. For instance, a bloody boy's sock was found in an alley 75 yards away from the Routier's home. The Routiers met in Lubbock when Darlie was a teenager and Darin was the assistant manager of a restaurant, and they dated for several years before marrying in 1988. "She didnt have the demeanour of a mother whose children had been brutally murdered a few days before.". My little boys. Darlie Routier is an American citizen who is convicted and sentenced to death for the murder of her five-year-old son Damon. Five minutes later, police arrived at Darlie's home in Rowlett, a suburb of Dallas. Both of her sons, 5-year-old Damon and 6-year-old Devon, were killed in the attack, but she was only tried for the murder of Damon. She was injured as well, but not as severely. Darin Routier Now: Where is Darlie Routier's Ex-Husband Today? Update . The comments below have not been moderated, By Darlie then tells Susanna that she remembers going over to Damon and seeing he had been stabbed in the back. [12][13] Her youngest son, 7-month-old Drake, was asleep upstairs with her husband Darin at the time of the murders; both escaped harm. Did Darlie Routier Murder Her Children? - The Killer Queen Blog Help us build our profile of Darin Routier! Darlie and Darin got divorced in 2011, but she has started a relationship with another man, who is also called Darrin, behind bars. Fun Fact: On the day of Darlie Routiers birth, "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" by B.J. Maybe Darlie Didn't Do It - Texas Monthly Both episodes shared evidence from both sides of the case, including those who claim Darlie to be innocent and those pointing towards her guilt. 'The Bear''s Jeremy Allen White Keeps His Awards In His Kids' Room For A Cute Reason, 'Yellowstone' Prequel '1923' Really Earned Its TV-MA Rating, Daisy Jones & The Six Is A Nostalgic Series Based On A Best-Selling Book, The 'Ted Lasso' Season 3 Trailer Is Finally Here & Fellas, It'll Give You Goosebumps, What Parents Are Talking About Delivered Straight To Your Inbox, By subscribing to this BDG newsletter, you agree to our. There are some DNA and finger test going on. Back in 2011, he told The Associated Press that the decision to divorce was mutual and "very difficult." 10 Reasons Darlie Routier May be InnocentEat your heart out, Listverse. He has never thought that shes a murderer. Husband of death-row inmate Routier files for divorce What is the meaning of business ecosystem? Darlie Routier's income source is mostly from being a successful Murderer. LUBBOCK The husband of death row inmate Darlie Routier said Friday that he and his wife are divorcing to move on from the "limbo" they've been in since her arrest and conviction for killing one of their sons. Death Row inmate Darlie Routier was a Rowlett, Texas, homemaker in 1996 when she was charged with killing her two young sons. Darlie was married to Darin and they lived in a beautiful home that they had built in Roulette, Dallas, Texas, United States with their three boys. The Seventies saw many women's rights, gay rights, and environmental movements. He had no alibi and he was never investigated. We also may change the frequency you receive our emails from us in order to keep you up to date and give you the best relevant information possible. Darlie Lynn Peck Routier Her net worth has been growing significantly in 2020-2021. "Darlie Routier Is Dangerous!" - YouTube She is one of 10 women on death row in Gatesville, which is between Dallas and Austin. Darlie replies: "When you have nothing else you go to character assasination. Who is Darlie Routier and did she kill her sons? | The Sun I didnt do this. Since their divorce, Darin hasn't remarried and maintain's Darlie's innocence. "At this point I started screaming for my husband, Darin, who was upstairs with our baby.". Ms. Routier, 26, is . She was convicted of murdering the younger son, Damon, when she was 27 years old in 1997. [4][5] Routier told the operator that her home had been broken in to and that an intruder had stabbed her children, six-year-old Devon and five-year-old Damon, and cut her throat. Darlie Routier - Discover: True Crime Darlie's appeal lawyer, Stephen Cooper, said: "It seems immoral to me to sit back and judge her as to whether she killed those children based on what she did over a four or five minute period at the graveside. Darlie Routier Biography Darlie Routier was born on the 4th of January in 1970 (Generation X). For other inquiries, Contact Us. Death Row Information - Texas Department of Criminal Justice People born in the Year of the Dog are loyal and can keep a secret. She told the dispatcher that she and her two sons had been stabbed. I didn't kill Devon and Damon.'. Similarly, she has a sister Danelle Fugate. I could see the side of him. 1296 Words6 Pages. "You have to separate the tragedy from the marriage. "It doesn't change the fact that we still believe what we believe," he said. 6 - Darlie and Damon Routier's two oldest sons, Devon, 6, and Damon, 5, are fatally stabbed in the downstairs living room of their home on Eagle Drive in Rowlett.