I wish they would have told me about this when I first started the medicine 6 years ago and before it destroyed almost every Toth in my mouth. My teeth are literally breaking off, crumbling and rotting! Its the drug. Search the Legal Library instead. Ive[Show More]Im reading these comments and its scary how much they sound like my wife and me. The https:// ensures that you are connecting to the official website and that any information you provide is encrypted and transmitted securely. With all of that being said. The agency recommends patients take a large sip of water,. And I had no prior dental problems before 2013 besides brac, My name is Crystal fox. Its absolutely heartbreaking I cry because I used to have a beautiful smile. I can't say that I regret taking Suboxone because it truly saved my life. Nearly all of my once perfect teeth have cavities that the dentists won't even work on due to the damage done by the buprenorphine. There needs to be a lawsuit against them for this, and they should pay at a minimum enough to fix everyone's teeth, that has damage from the sub use. Two cracked and one in the FRONT, popped out and caught it in my hand. I have been clean for 4 years with the help of suboxone but bottom teeth are still decaying. The .gov means its official.Federal government websites often end in .gov or .mil. More I wish this I knew that before I starting taking this crap! I have taken Subutex/Suboxone for about 15 years as an off label prescription for pain. I am only 30 years old. I had a beautiful smile, and I worked in professional positions, which I can no longer do. I still would not know about these major side effects had I not accidentally read a study from 2022 about it a few hours ago. Over the past years I have got dents such ass cuppings I was on suboxen the whole time I have never seen anything like it . We really are great parents , but the hypocrisy in teaching them the exact opposite of what we practice keeps us up at night. After 9 years of being on Suboxone my smile is something I intentionally hide from the world out of fear of being judged or made fun of. Class action lawsuit. Buprenorphine medicines are an important tool to treat opioid use disorder (OUD). Maybe if you can prove somehow that it eats away at your teeth within hours or some shit rofl. I've had painful infections and several root canals. I've been on suboxone films for 5 years and was not warned. my husband has six teeth remaining on the top, all of which are broken, decayed, or infected. I regret it so much. Buprenorphine and other opioid agonist medications can reduce the saliva . I get it for all the oral forms. Should I still be worried about tooth decay cause the whole reason I switched to sublocade is because suboxone, any other film, and zubzolv all hurt my teeth the second I took them after a couple years taking 1 or the other. Thanks. I am 45 years old and due to the Suboxone strips I've been taking, I recently just had to have all my teeth pulled and get dentures. I have four teeth remaining on my lowers, and they are also beyond repair. I just found out this morning that this medicine (suboxone/ generic buprenorphine films and pills) is very bad for teeth. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Listen NONE of us were warned. This is ridicules and the manufactures needs to be held accountable for this. I have no bottom teeth. Next month I have to have a procedure costing $850 out of pocket. I missed the first class action bc in my opinion it was suppressed. Then fill out their form, which they won't respond to, but it is the only way they track these "adverse ef[Show More]People could start by telling the truth. You could also become sick with withdrawal symptoms because your body has become used to the buprenorphine medicine. My mother has chronic back/neck pain secondary to genetics as well as old injuries. I'm SOOOOOO embarrassed now that I can't smile without feeling so self conscious about my teeth that I have to cover my mouth! Its horrible my teeth hurt all the time because of them being so weak. The dental problems, including tooth decay, cavities, oral infections, and loss of teeth, can be serious and have been reported even in patients with no history of dental issues. But when my teeth started to break and researched it and said suboxone was the main cause of tooth decay. I would fund this study! there is no gas, only shots in my gums, so they can pull the stumps of my once beautiful teeth out, and give me dentures. Im so heartbroken. Before sharing sensitive information, make sure you're on a federal government site. Ive always prided myself on having excellent teeth but in 6 months that all changed. A friend of mine isnt on any medication at all and she has dental problems as well. I'm assuming they will fix our teeth, because right now, the insurance program that I have will. This also has cau. Been on buprenorphine since 2010. I work remotely now, because I'm so embarrassed! I wait 6 months and the oral surgeon isnt there. I had a gorgeous smile and only ever had one cavity before going on Suboxone in 2012 with no warning about the risks to my smile My teeth are now rotting out of my head and I've got terrible tooth decay that I cannot afford to deal with! I never had any dental issues until I started suboxone and no one informed me that this could be a side effect. Id love to know how many other people were told by dentists and doctors that it doesnt affect the teeth(2002-2017). Buprenorphine medicines are an important tool to treat OUD. I am disgusted with this company, the doctors who pushed it as a miracle with little to no side effects when in fact it was the opposite. My first tooth broke while I was eating a hamburger!! I am 37 yrs old and should have had all the remainder of my teeth pulled about a year ago, but have been too afraid to go toothless since my Medicare doesnt have dental. View Profile. And if not that, having to live with ourselves knowing that our decision to make our lives better and ditch opioids has now caused us to lose our teeth. I had ZERO dental problems before I started taking Suboxone. We enforce federal competition and consumer protection laws that prevent anticompetitive, deceptive, and unfair business practices. Most cases were in patients using the medicines for OUD; however, 28 cases of dental problems occurred in patients using it to treat pain. I literally had near perfect tee. Now, I rarely smile and when I do I cover my mouth! I have paid the dentist so much money for root canals and crowns and posts and fillings!!! I couldnt even imagine the # of people who would sign up. Within months they all started falling out. My mom never wanted to become addicted to a narcotic. There's a new suboxone class-action lawsuit filed against Reckitt Benckiser & Indivior. Well since taking suboxone my weight is a lunch higher #, I have no good teeth and very few that can actually do something, my children miss out on a lot and I am embarrassed to go anywhere. When we all know they were well aware of the dental problems it would cause. I was always complimented when I was younger about how straight and white my teeth were. I have been prescribed suboxone, both the tabs and films, first time was in 2013, I am currently still on the films. They should at least inform patients prior that this could be a side effect. Then after getting on Sub, at my next dental appt 6 months later I had more than 15 cavities and a ton of tooth decay. I began taking Suboxone to simply stop taking 3-4 loratabs a day[Show More]I am disgusted with this company, the doctors who pushed it as a miracle with little to no side effects when in fact it was the opposite. All in the name of profit. But I need to get my life going so I need to have an acceptable to society smile in order to achieve a job to survive. I have lost 4 teeth and I am losing more as a result of using Subutex As a result, we cannot determine how likely it is that someone will experience these side effects when taking buprenorphine medicines that dissolve in the mouth. 0. You think you would told about side effects of this magnitude. Nearly all of my once perfect teeth have cavities that the dentists wo. I had perfect teeth. My mom never wanted to become addicted to a narcotic. I have about 5.5 teeth left in my mouth and have been this way about 2 years. I would not have been able to do any of that without it. Very quickly did we learn that it was a lie. I was prescribed Suboxone several times from 2010 to 2028. And not to mention, there may be a lawsuit against the makers of suboxone now too? In 2018 I had to spend over 30,000$ for dental implants because I was not a candidate for regular dentures. My name is Crystal fox. Yazdanian M, Armoon B, Noroozi A, Mohammadi R, Bayat AH, Ahounbar E, et al. Flash forward to 2020 and although my dental hygiene isnt the most stellar, Im going to need thousands in dental work. It destroyed my teeth! I have cavities on every single tooth, and another one broke just last w[Show More]I have been prescribed Suboxone for 4 years. Buprenorphine medicines are marketed under the brand names Belbuca, Bunavail, Cassipa, Suboxone, Subutex, and Zubsolv. I'm finally free of this drug that literally destroyed my body. Big pharma needs to be held accountable for this. The FTC says that these companies violated antitrust laws by preventing patients from choosing lower-priced generic versions of the drug. Ive always prided myself on having excellent teeth but in 6 months that all changed. My teeth r just shattering when I eat anything these days and I can't afford dental work unless I get my decayed teeth pulled forever because I make to little money at my job. With all of that being said. Im only 37 and am completely toothless and have paid over $3000 for dental work and still have lots more to go. The packa[Show More]I was given Suboxone so I could stop taking pain medication for an injury. I have done everything I possibly can to prevent them from falling but sadly I believe I will need a dental bridge. I was never told that my medication was the culprit of my severe tooth decay. Before sharing sensitive information, make sure youre on a federal government site. I was never told anything and that pisses me off. Countless hours of pain and suffering, I have been taking suboxone for along time. After the medication has fully dissolved in the oral mucosa, patients should gently rinse their teeth and gums with water and then swallow. This is amazing yet when I started reaching out to doctor about the potential risks of tooth decay (as i had started experiencing rapid tooth decay and loss of teeth) I was told time and time again that suboxone doesnt do this. I have partial top dentures now! 4 years later here I sit I had chalked it up to putting my body thru too much over the years never a medication that was meant to save my life- my teeth are rottting. Unfortunately this is the only dental care that is even remotely affordable. I had perfect teeth before starting them, not even a single cavity. I notice it and I have great looking teeth. I have been on This medication for 8 years. I still have more work due. Estimated Amount: Varies This had been the worst time of my life! I'm SOOOOOO embarrassed now that I can't smile without feeling so self conscious about my teeth that I have to cover my mouth! Currently have 3.5 teeth left which will be removed next month so I can get dentures. With that being said, when she had had enough of being addicted to something that would eventually kill her, she tried to quit cold turkey. The amount of money pain and heartache its caused is overwhelming. It was a painfully long process to fix my teeth and now I am embarrassed when I smile and it is difficult to eat many different types of food. Someone needs to be held accountable because most insurance won't cover the repair of the extensive damage that has been done and I don't have the money to pay for the oral surgery and implants! You may have a products liability case for the suboxone if it can be shown that there is causation with respect to your tooth decay. My dentist has been totally stumped about my mouth!! Why is sublocade included? Now I stuck at 32 with no teeth and cant af. I'm a single mom of 3 boys and can't even afford the dental college to get it fixed once starting Suboxone it got so bad fast. By the time I was 25yrs old (3 years on Suboxone) I was having to get teeth removed. Schedule a dentist visit soon after starting this medicine and inform your dentist that you are taking buprenorphine, and schedule regular dental checkups while taking this medicine. Next month I have to have a procedure costing $850 out of pocket. In 2019 and 2020, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) reached settlements with the companies responsible for Suboxone, a prescription drug used to treat opioid addiction. I have been on Suboxone to treat opioid dependence. I have been on suboxone for 4 years, i didn't have dental problems until I started, iam only 39 yrs old, now everyone of mine has tooth decay or broken and missing and it is so hard to be able to afford getting them fixed. I was never warned about tooth loss. Yes its benefits of helping me live a pain free life of sobriety is great- but so are the teeth in my mouth that Ive spent my entire life caring for. Never was given any kind of warning this would happen yet if we had known we could have taken educated steps to prevent it. My confidence is gone. I have asked doctors repeatedly if this medication causes this and of course the only answer I get is not that I'm aware of. I had perfect teeth before going on methadone and subs, never a single cavity. I had perfect teeth before suboxone. I never smile if i do i turn my head away from people and have to get antibiotics for infections. Wow. I am originally from Germany and tooth extractions are just not done there (except wisdom teeth) so when I was told by my dentist last summer that I had to get all my upper teeth pulled I was in shock and so upset that I did not know how to go on and had a nervous breakdown. These medicines are available as single-ingredient products and in combination with. Been on Suboxone since 2007, 15 yrs Five or six years ago notice that my teeth were shrinking losing a little by little now I have a little Chiclets in the front of my mouth I have trouble with smiling I cover my teeth in my top lip and a smile now looking for a lawsuit to get my teeth fixed dont get me wrong its a box and save my life but back then I didnt know my teeth were gonna be destroye[Show More]Been on Suboxone since 2007, 15 yrs Five or six years ago notice that my teeth were shrinking losing a little by little now I have a little Chiclets in the front of my mouth I have trouble with smiling I cover my teeth in my top lip and a smile now looking for a lawsuit to get my teeth fixed dont get me wrong its a box and save my life but back then I didnt know my teeth were gonna be destroyed because of it please help, Legitimate Suboxone Rx since 2006. I was diagnosed with clinical depression over my tooth loss and how it has ruined my once good looks. I was on methadone for years transferred to suboxone & its done more harm on my teeth than when i was using drugs. I already suffered with major depression before my teeth were destroyed and now it's substantially worse. Both kids born on it. And not to mention, there may be a lawsuit against the makers of suboxone now too? *The cases were reported to the FDA Adverse Event Reporting System (FAERS) database. I was told I have prettty much no enamel on my teeth.. Ive always prided myself on having excellent teeth but in 6 months that all changed. my husband and I have both been prescribed Suboxone for several years with no knowledge of potential tooth decay, my husband lost all his teeth, and now has dentures at 31, and I also have had multiple fillings and teeth pulled, and issues. It tasted terrible and made me feel weird. Period. I have been clean for 4 years with the help of suboxone but bottom teeth are still decaying. It's no coincidence that I've lost only bottom teeth considering that they a. I had ZERO dental problems before I started taking Suboxone. I have no bottom teeth. I never had any dental issues until I started suboxone and no one informed me that this could be a side effect. According to the U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), MAT has been shown to be effective in improving patient survival, decreasing opioid use, and allowing patients to live a self-directed life, including the ability to gain and maintain employment. I now have had to have all top teeth pulled and now I have a denture in place. Counsel OUD patients they should use their buprenorphine only as prescribed and should not stop it because they can experience serious consequences, including relapse, misuse or abuse of other opioids, overdose, and death. Rant over. No need to fund a study brother, somebody already did. By neither her physician nor the pharmacist. The last dentist I went to made me feel even worse as she acted like I was beyond fixing. Never heard of the meds being a cause until I googled it. Let's ask those taking suboxone, that are in recovery, how often they went to the dentist or how well they took care of their teeth, when they were in active addiction. But Ive been having all sorts of teeth problems. Now I stuck at 32 with no teeth and cant af[Show More]I have been on This medication for 8 years. She was not counseled to swish water or wait an hour after taking to brush teeth. Suboxone is sold in dosages of 30 pills or a supply of two days, depending on the type of sublingual film (the small plastic film is thin, square shaped, and unobtrusive). My mouth is in so much pain all the time. It like leeches the calcium or something. No withdrawals! I have permanent infection in my jaw/gums that just won't go away even after finishing antibiotics. After a couple years of use my teeth literally started crumbling about to the point they would break off to the gum. Listen NONE of us were warned. Ive spent more time at the dentist since I began suboxone than I have my entire life. 2.5 million people in the U.S. taking Suboxone. Was on perks for 2 years and my teeth where PERFECT. Can I get my teeth fixed at the least for my tooth decay from - Avvo This needs to be a class action lawsuit I went to the Dr for annual cleanings and have the proof to show when my tooth health declined and it was the same timeframe as being prescribed this medication to be taken sublingually. People could start by telling the truth. I used opiates for a year before starting suboxone. I just found out this morning that this medicine (suboxone/ generic buprenorphine films and pills) is very bad for teeth. I'm down to soft food only, and eve. Like they should tell everyone on their first visit but they don't! My top teeth were implants from a [Show More]I started on Subutex in 2017 and after about a year was switched to suboxone. Now I'm having to live with the too. I lost 3 teeth. Why is sublocade included? Please help, I have been on Suboxone to treat opioid dependence. No ONE once told me this COULD happen!!!!!! I am not 31 years old and am having horrible dental problems. I was never informed of any concerns that it may cause any dental problems, everyone should have been told about the risk before prescribing. Suboxone maker Reckitt Benckiser Group (RB Group) will pay the U.S. government a record $1.4 billion to end criminal and civil probes into the marketing of its addiction treatment medication, making it the largest settlement related to the opioid crisis in U.S. history, authorities said on Thursday. My dentist has been totally stumped about my mouth!! I began taking Suboxone to simply stop taking 3-4 loratabs a day, I am disgusted with this company, the doctors who pushed it as a miracle with little to no side effects when in fact it was the opposite. I was spending $400 a month early on. I have photos of my smile before starting Buprenorphine and current photos.. disgusting! Dont judge unless youve lived it. The first broken tooth happened in 2020 which was over a year after suboxone was prescribed to me. It was a painfully long process to fix my teeth and now I am embarrassed when I smile and it is difficult to eat many different types of food. I only have 7 left on the bottom and I keep infection. I had perfect teeth before starting them, not even a single cavity. The constant agony. I started on Subutex in 2017 and after about a year was switched to suboxone. 2012 after being dependent on the pills the strips came out after just my first year 2013-2014 my first front tooth fell out. No doctor ever mentioned that this was an issue nor was it in my prescription info pamplet. Within months they all started falling out. Im a 37 year old mother of 2 thats been on suboxone for 10 years. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. It's embarrassing and cost me over 12k in total Never in my life did i even have a cavity my smile was my pride. Was on perks for 2 years and my teeth where PERFECT. Now I have gaps where my teeth used to be, and also broken teeth that fall out in chunks. I have paid the dentist so much money for root canals and crowns and posts and fillings!!! I took good care of my teeth even while I was using. I have been unable to stop using this drug because the withdrawal is excruciating. My heart breaks as she can only eat certain foods and has to stay away from others. I needed it for 2 weeks. Refer patients to find opioid treatment centers by visiting the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Benefits for use outweigh these risks and oral care can help. I unfortunately lost all of my teeth 4 years ago not knowing it was suboxone. On Buprenorphine for almost 3 years. They actually said to leave it under your tongue as long as possible. I cant for the life of me understand why no one will take this case. I have been on suboxone for almost 4 years and I am 4 years sober. I was on drugs for many years, and my teeth only started rapidly decaying after trying to get better on Suboxone. Same for weight. I had to have all my teeth removed and get implant dentures at the age of 38 which cost me over $10,000. Howd she do it? While the FDA indicates it believes the benefits of buprenorphine still outweigh the risks, the agency is requiring a new warning be added to the prescribing information and the patient Medication Guide for all buprenorphine-containing medicines dissolved in the mouth. Users with no history of dental issues have reported experiencing tooth decay, cavities, oral infections and loss of teeth, the agency warns. I hope a class action comes out of the thousands of people in the same situation as myself. I have paid the dentist so much money for root canals and crowns and posts and fillings!!! Water contamination at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina between 1953 and 1987 caused cancers, birth defects, miscarriages and other side effects for U.S. Marines and their family members. Its not just our teeth thats missing, ..its our lives. Dentists treating someone taking a transmucosal buprenorphine product should perform a baseline dental evaluation and caries risk assessment, establish a dental caries preventive plan, and encourage regular dental checkups. My teeth were damn near perfect before I started the tablets in late 2018 then my dr. moved me to strips as my body wasnt metabolizing the tablets well. There is approximately $500,000 left in the settlement fund. Hopefully somehow these Pharma companys can help us cover the dental costs in the future! It has helped me to turn my life around, I have a stable good career, and a nice home. Over this time my teeth have rapidly declined. Very quickly did we learn that it was a lie. Lawyers reject these cases, saying they are "unwinnable" So where do we turn? In 10 years I've never once had a medical provider tell me about the potential dental problems caused by this medication. FDA is warning that cases of dental adverse events, some severe, have been reported following the use of transmucosal buprenorphine-containing medicines. The FTC alleged that Reckitt Benckiser and Indivior sought to deny consumers a lower-cost generic alternative to maintain their lucrative monopoly on the branded drug. To help FDA track safety issues with medicines, report side effects from buprenorphine or other medicines to the FDA MedWatch program, using the information in the "Contact FDA" box at the bottom of this page. And, its side effects are much like those of opioids: tooth decay is one of many. I am having the last four teeth removed from my uppers on 4/22/22, as they are beyond repair. SAMHSA: Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT). So much that my dentist said as along as I keep taking care of them I may never need major dental work. FDA Warns about Dental Problems with Buprenorphine Medicines Dissolved I was never warned. I've been in Suboxone since 2012. I've had antibiotics 4 times in 3 months because of it. These serious dental problems have been reported even in patients with no history of dental issues, so refer them to a dentist as soon as possible after starting transmucosal buprenorphine. I lost 3 teeth. I have experienced everything the other commenters have described, but because I couldn't afford regular dental care prior to being put on Suboxone, I don't qualify for the class action lawsuit because I can't "prove it". Had I known this maybe I would've chose a different front medication or just make sure I could afford having more dental chec[Show More]Just in a few years I have been taking this medication I've had multiple teeth pulled my front tooth crack and almost every tooth has decay in it. I developed almost 20 cavities in 6 months being on this stuff. Well imagine my surprise when I find out that this crisis of mine is actually a nationwide epidemic. My teeth are literally breaking off, crumbling and rotting! I have been on suboxone for 4 years, i didn't have dental problems until I started, iam only 39 yrs old, now everyone of mine has tooth decay or broken and missing and it is so hard to be able to afford getting them fixed. At proper doses, buprenorphine also decreases the pleasurable effects of other opioids, making misuse of them less appealing. I have been on suboxone since 2014. I've had multiple root canals recently, a tooth just pulled, another tooth just crumbled apart so i have 1/2 a tooth there and the rest are so sensitive and I can see cavities that need to be filled. I was never told suboxone did this kind of damage! I am 32 years old and need FULL set of dentures. Literally. Ive had to have 5 teeth removed and I have a partial that comes in and out. My husband and I both started taking Suboxone in 2015. Press J to jump to the feed. I have lost 2 teeth and have broken 3 others, as well as had other dental emergencies. I was prescribed Suboxone several times from 2010 to 2028. I've had multiple root canals recently, a tooth just pulled, another tooth just crumbled apart so i have 1/2 a tooth there and the rest are so sensitive and I can see cavities that need to be filled. I am 32 years old and need FULL set of dentures. I cant for the life of me understand why no one will take this case. The FDA's Drug Review Process: Ensuring Drugs Are Safe and Effective Think It Through: Managing the Benefits and Risks of Medicines Contact FDA For More Info 855-543-DRUG (3784) and press 4. You sound stupid , jUsT BrUsH yOuR tEeTh, sorry bud,.. the shit effects the roots, you aint brushing that shit. I cant afford to help her pay for implants or dentires. Her teeth look healthy at first glance but her molars are starting to go. I get it for all the oral forms. I went from never having to go to the dentist anymore than the normal check ups, and now Im everything single month and it still doesnt help or change anything. I hardly go out anymore because I used to have a beau. It was a painfully long process to fix my teeth and now I am embarrassed when I smile and it is difficult to eat many different types of food. Because we come to a narrow precipice where I have to decide whether or not I'm going to probably lose my job because I'm gonna have to cold turkey this medicine at some point and I would rather lose my job and go cold turkey than to live without my teeth. I work remotely now, because I'm so embarrassed! I was never told anything and that pisses me off. I am now 30 years old and I began taking suboxone 7 or 8 years ago with good dental health. I am 37 and have been embarrassed for 4 years! The above article says 300 have suffered tooth loss. Before I started taking it I had normal issues. I developed almost 20 cavities in 6 months being on this stuff. In and out of rehabs nothing really worked for me until Suboxone. It is a partial opiate and is not believed to cause a significant reduction of saliva in the mouth. I had perfectly healthy teeth before taking this poison. They inhibit saliva production causing dry mouth (especially while you are sleeping) which is horrible for teeth. Like the other comments I to have been on this medication for a couple of years know before my teeth were ok and now I have only four teeth left my doctor brought this to my attention about this medication causing tooth decay and rotting teeth it blew me away to here this I can't afford dentures if I would of knew this I may not have started using it I think there should be compensation for de, Like the other comments I to have been on this medication for a couple of years know before my teeth were ok and now I have only four teeth left my doctor brought this to my attention about this medication causing tooth decay and rotting teeth it blew me away to here this I can't afford dentures if I would of knew this I may not have started using it I think there should be compensation for dental cost and are lively hood I can't eat anything with out hurting, Im reading these comments and its scary how much they sound like my wife and me.