How do I customize the fit of my saddle? Saddle Hunting Gear | Platforms, Rappels, Backpacks & More - Rock N Arbor JavaScript is disabled. Buy Now. Remember if she is not using an LB she has nothing to keep her balanced on the sticks so fiddling with the life line with two hands may cause her to lose her balance. Saddle hunting with rock climbing harness | Archery Talk Forum I did a video on using the harness as a saddle this fall, showing that the harness was very versatile while using like a saddle, but haven't loaded anything up to the web. Does anyone use (and enjoy) a particular rock climbing harness for saddle hunting? You're going to spend a lot of time in your tree climbing harness (often called a saddle) so you should be careful to get one that's right for you. Leaning into the saddle with a knee on the tree gives you enhanced support for shooting stability. If she falls on a LB there's a chance she'll get pretty scraped up. She'll need to be able to ascend the life line with one hand. A quick search on Google or the saddlehunter forums will show a wide variety of platforms saddle hunters use, like screw in steps, strap on steps, a tree stand seat, climbing sticks, etc. Weighing in at around 1.5lbs, the Muddy Magnum Pro is also one of the lightest hunting harnesses around. If youre a hunting parent and planning to take your kids on an adventure, this is a rock climbing harness for hunting that you should try. Gear storage is another important thing to consider when shopping for a saddle. I will never sell, share, or rent any personal information to others! Its perfect when you want to attach a climbing belt. It also comes with plenty of gear loops for securing climbing sticks and other necessary gear. This superior gear is made from high-quality materials, including polyester, rubber, nylon, and elastane. 18kN COBRA buckle by AUSTRIALPIN 6,000 lb rated Waist Belt Webbing 4,000 lb rated Tubular Nylon Lineman Loops Choice of G-Hook or Premiumleg straps Kit includes Leg Strap Enforcers. In addition, the Sit-Drag is a more efficient animal drag, allowing the weight to be distributed evenly across your chest. Sure, these are safe enough and will do the job, but theyre really not comfortable and are terrible to wear all day and night. I see it growing, gaining more of an audience as word spreads organically. This exquisite mechanism allows you to connect the harness to a scent-blocker jacket. Saddle Platform -Platforms are used with climbing sticks and this is what you will stand on at hunting height. His Patreon members will be of the first to provide thoughts and feedback on new products we develop for JRBs climbing systems, and may have chances to try out the prototypes and help us refine them to be the most comfortable, practical, and cost-effective options on the saddle hunting market. You can even take practice falls in the harness and figure out how best to climb back up. They were woefully inadequate in my opinion and scary to use. Its even more minimalist than the Alpine Bod harness, because it doesnt have any extra gear loops and just has standard leg straps. Just don't think i want to be hanging from it or something similar all day. A comfortable harness that excels on long, multi-pitch trad routes and is versatile enough for all kinds of rock climbing: One of the most comfortable harnesses you can buy, and our favorite for sport climbing: A high-performing rock climbing harness at an excellent price: Rating Categories: Arc'teryx C-Quence: Petzl Sitta: Black Diamond Solut. If it's fairly comfortable, I can switch between using my stand and no stand without needing an extra device. In short, I was not interested in Saddle Hunting when I first researched it. Privacy Policy Check Traditional Bowhunting and Wilderness podcast on YouTube. Apart from that, this harness is ultra-light and comfortable. The latest sling-style Aero Hunter saddle is Shrike, named after the predatory little songbird that's as fierce as any raptor. As for the package, you get pretty much the same thing as Bowhunter. Apart from that, there are additional hyperon attachments and solid metal hardware. Using a Rock Climbing Harness for Hunting Applications The RCH always holds me back. Accessories youll need to use with this: Rock climbing harness, bridge (1 webbing, AmSteel, or rope), and tree tether (rope or webbing). 4. Custom-built tree saddles with a solid construction, design, and safety, our new line of tree saddle hunting platforms are better than the competition. But more to complicate the climb and get in the way to creat a potential fall. PLATFORM - The new XOP Edge Platform is a lightweight and portable saddle platform that's equipped with their slot lock technology for climbing sticks, a tow rope anchor system, and a quick clip anchor mount to attach it to any pack or saddle for easy transport. For a complete saddling hunting setup, you will need a saddle, lineman's belt, tree tether, bridge, a platform to stand on, and some sort of tree climbing method. Saddle also makes 50% (maybe more) more difficult than out of a climber as your entire right side and behind you are the weak side for shot making and require a good bit of movement. This kit contains (1) Belt with Lineman Loops, (1) set Leg Straps, (1) set Leg Strap Enforcers. Think of a hunting saddle as a rock climbing harness for hunting. (And When Should You?). Check Price at Amazon: 8: YXGOOD Treestand Harness, Tree Working Safety Belt, Climbing Harness For Garden Art Clip, Tree Clip,. You must log in or register to reply here. A tree care seat/harness is meant to keep you comfortable for hours on end. Almost like its X-1 Bowhunter version, the Hunter Safety System Ultra-Lite Flex is an equally popular piece of gear. Summit Treestand Mens Pro has a quite distinctive design. I started out with a RCH paired with a Dryad Drey. Two-panel saddles offer hunters the best of both worlds in terms of being compact and comfortable. A rock-climbing harness only goes around the waist and legs. It would be the safest way. DIY Hunting Saddle - Rock Harness with SitDrag Throw a rope up over a branch and belay her like she is rock climbing. Saddle Hunting 101 | Tethrd The stagger steps are the safest climbing stix made.you will figure the rest out. You might look at buying a saddle instead - they have everything setup for climbing. Lol. You could use your LB as the anchor to belay her. Maybe Ill have them climb up the heliums to see how comfortable they are doing that. I also added redundancy for the moving frictional life-safety components in the climbing system, so that if a friction hitch were to slip or fail, the climber will not fall and has means to recover. Pull both ropes to the side toward your dominant "braking hand" to hold on tight for descending. Gear loops and webbing tunnels for gear carabiners like the Petzl Caritool, Rock Exotica Transporter, or the DMM Vault can make work in the tree much more organized and convenient. For custom sizes outside these ranges please contact us. However, this shouldnt put you off. This should be your second priority, right after safety. That is what I have used the last couple of years and works just fine. TBWS Tree Stand Harness (images coming soon) - Tactisaddle You would need to teach her to keep the slack in the life line to a minimum. I'd search around archery talk and other forums for rock climbing harnesses with linesmans loops and you should see a few suggestions I would think. I recommend the. In short, its one of the most inventive gear you can get on the market at the moment. TheClassic 2 single-panel saddleis our offering in this category. Saddle Hunting Has Limitations. No cheap carabiner, bag, or webbing tree connector. With a vest-like design, its easy to wear this thing over bulky clothing. Climbing harness use either two tie-in points on the front or a specific tie-in point that ensures you land right-side-up. Trophyline Tree Saddles - Mobile and Saddle Hunting Gear Why not? Initially, I used my 8mm linemans belt as the bridge. Basic cotton or leather tree climbing harnesses have been the workhorse saddles in the industry for decades and are good for tight budgets. However, a tree climbing harness is only one part of your climbing system and differs based on the job. They are no longer made. Nearly everyone remembers scrambling up trees as a kid. You are missing the $150 perch which is $425. Full Body Safety Belt Tree Climbing Saddle Rock Climbing Aerial Work Harness AU. Apart from that, you also get a healthy amount of gear loops, which will come in handy when you need to secure climbing sticks or other essentials. Its solid and strong, ready to accompany you on various types of lines and terrain. For that, we highly recommend you check out our list of 13 best climbing harnesses for kids. As a result, youre possessing plenty of attachments here. Practice your setup in your yard, or at a nearby park so that you know what youre doing and so someone is near you to help if you need it. LIGHT WEIGHT AND COMPACT TREE SIT SLING. Hover to zoom. Find, hide, share! And since were on the topic of harnessing, why dont you take some time for our other recommendations? *The three climbing sticks separately weigh 7.5 pounds. Ascender (optional): Wild Country Ropeman 1: $35 Whats the biggest mistake youve made that youd want to tell other saddle hunters to avoid? I have seen a lot of guys ask how to make a lineman belt for rock harnesses that do not have dedicated loops. Cruzr Archon Hunting Saddle. The biggest mistake I took is taking chances for the first 30 years of my hunting career. This way you are less likely to make mistakes on a routine basis. But it is still fundamentally the same: a double rope climbing method with a non-anchored but stationary rope, and highly efficient ascent profile. Buy 1Pc Men's Tactical Belt Military Hiking Rigger Nylon Work Belt For Outdoor Hunting Sports Camping Rock Climbing Accessories at Wish - Shopping Made Fun