(Providence, R.I.) 1884-1918, Providence: Providence Business News. (Pawtucket, R.I.) 1839-1845, Pawtucket: Latino. (Providence, R.I.) 1869-1872, Providence: Morning Tribune. She was a member of the Pilgrims Rest Primitive Baptis. (Providence [R.I.]) 1836-1840, Providence: Morning Courier, and General Advertiser. Seabrook Beach, NH - David W. Ray, 75, of Seabrook Beach and a former resident of East Greenwich, RI, passed away on Thursday, October 6, 2022. She was discharged the following morning but refused to leave, so security guards calledpolice. Burial will immediately follow at Ahavath Sholom Cemetery on Blue Hill Road in Great Barrington, MA. (Providence [R.I.]) 1839-1840, Providence: Phenix. (Providence [R.I.]) 1835-1836, Slatersville: North Smithfield-Burrillville Observer. (Providence, R.I.) 1978-1981, Providence: East Side. Institutional and corporate records, manuscripts and personal papers, photographs, audiovisual materials, and artifacts document the Providence ministries. Although some people use the terms interchangeably, theyre actually two different things. Search obits for your ancestors, relatives, friends. (Providence, R.I.) 1918-1929, Providence: Providence Patriot, Columbian Phenix. (Providence, R.I.) 1875-1884, Providence: Zion's Friend, and General or Six Principle Baptist Register. Plentiful sunshine. (Providence, R.I.) 1840-1844, Providence: Labor Advocate. (Woonsocket, R.I.) 1842-1843, Woonsocket: Woonsocket Weekly Patriot. Make a page! 5,714 talking about this. William Louis Lombardo Jr. of Charlotte, North Carolina passed away peacefully on Friday November 25, 2022, with his family by his side, he was 85 years old. (Providence, R.I.) 1844-1847, Providence: Day Star. (Providence, R.I.) 1814-1830s, Providence: Providence Phoenix. It takes less than a minute. (Central Falls, R.I.) 1895-1900, Central Falls: Evening Times. Brenda G. Wilson, 72 of Dawson Springs, passed away Wednesday, November 16, 2022 at Dawson Springs Health and Rehab in Dawson Springs. Michael P. Metcalf, chairman and chief executive officer of the Providence Journal Company and publisher of The Providence Journal and Evening Bulletin, died Sunday from head injuries suffered a . (Providence, R.I.) (from April 18, 1827 to Jan. 7, 1829), Literary cadet, and Saturday evening bulletin 04/22/1826 to 04/14/1827, Literary cadet, and Saturday evening bulletin. Justin James Oates 42, of Dixon, KY passed away on Thursday January 19th, 2023 at Baptist Health in Madisonville. (Providence [R.I.]) 1762-1795, Providence: Providence Gazette, and Country Journal. (Providence, R.I.) 1995-1998, Providence: Providence Journal. New Providence, ranked No. (Pawtucket [R.I.]) 1827-1839, Pawtucket: Pawtucket Evening Post. For technical or billing issues, please contact Archive Customer Support. (Woonsocket, R.I.) 1840-1841, Woonsocket: Woonsocket Patriot. (Providence [R.I.]) 1807-1808, Providence: Phoenix's New Paper. Mike is survived by wife, Holly, son Sean Michael Day (Katy), Goose Creek, SC, sister, Carol Kelly of CA, sister Cricket Laidman Windsor, Vt - Anthony M. Rocchio, son of Michael and Ernestine (Donatelli) Rocchio from N. (Pawtucket, R.I.) 1845-1912, Pawtucket: Pawtucket Gazette. Death notices can help extract more information about an ancestor and uncover their place of burial. Edwards' survivors include three granddaughters and one grandson, ranging in age from 2 to 18, according to Boylan. Death and marriage notices may appear earlier. (Providence, R.I.) 1847-1872, Providence: Gospel Messenger. (Providence, R.I.) 1978-1988, Providence: News-Democrat. He attended Onton United Methodist Church in Onton, KY. Providence County times and Olneyville times, 1925-1925 Google News Archive. (Providence, R.I.) 1823-1824, Providence: Republican Herald and Post. Oct. 10th, 2022. 2023 www.providencejournal.com. Learn more about our mission, vision and values. Boylan said the family wants to make sure there are policies in place that are effective and enforced. (Providence, R.I.) 1974-1978, Providence: Echo. Providence Journal Obituaries (1981 - 2023) - Providence, RI (Providence [R.I.]) 1888-1889, Providence: Providence Evening Press. (Providence, R.I.) 1937-1945, Providence: Lookout-Herald. Our Past Forward newsletter is published three times each year. TITLE editors often didnt fact-check spellings in the past. She was the wife of William C. Tuggle whom she dated in high school and married in 1982, and the daughter of John K. and Phyllis D. Patterson of Hilton Head. Phyllis was born in Dan, Virginia on September 19, 1931, to Thomas and Lucretia Keene. Investigators have concluded that the death of Providence Journal - UPI Terry Allen Easley, 78 of Marion, passed away on Wednesday December 21, 2022, at the Crittenden County Nursing and Rehab in Marion, KY. Jackie D. Barnett, 81, of Henderson, KY formerly of Providence passed away on Monday December 12, 2022, at Henderson Nursing and Rehab. Some of the most beneficial reasons to look into Providence Journal local obituaries include: Explore the comprehensive records in our online database, and you'll gain access to almost 150 years of local history. She attended The Well in Providence. (Central Falls, R.I.) 1869-1891, Chepachet: Chepachet Weakly. They often do not contain the death . He is survived by his wife, Ruth Thurber, daughters, Deborah Thurber of Ocala, Florida, Kathleen Arnold of Eastford, CT, and Melissa Thurber of Pawtucket, RI, sister, Jean Bessette of Rumford, RI, nephews, David Bessette and Robert Bessette, grandchildren, Keisha Thurber and Victoria Arnold, and 2 great grandchildren. Opal M. Gill 83, of Providence, KY passed away on Tuesday October 4, 2022 at her residence at Palmer Place in Providence. Bro. (Providence, R.I.) 1826-1828, Providence: Christian Telescope. (Pawtucket [R.I.]) 1836-1837, Pawtucket: Pawtucket Record. You may even find some obituaries by doing a search on social media. The Ancestor Hunt is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and is also an affiliate for, on Free Rhode Island Obituaries and Obituary Index Links, If you wish to search this states historic newspapersfor obituaries, click on. UPI Archives Feb. 13, 1988 PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- Investigators have concluded that the death of Providence Journal-Bulletin publisher Michael P. Metcalf in a fall from his bicycle last summer was an . (Providence, R.I.) 1880-1906, Providence: Evening Tribune. Burial will be private. He graduated Burlington high school, University of Vermont and University of Rhode Island, and worked as an organic chemist for 40 years at Hoechst, Searle and Pfizer. Rhode Island Obituaries - Public Libraries United States Obituaries FamilySearch Providence Archives | Providence Obituaries > Rhode Island > Providence > Providence Journal. (Providence [R.I.]) 1802-1807, Providence: Providence Phoenix. Boylan has started a GoFundMe page to help with legal fees and burial costs. (Providence [R.I.]) 1826-1830, Providence: Bang's Trumpet. Obituaries may be a good source of information about a person and may also include information about family members. He had worked at Hazex Construction in Henderson for several years until his retirement in 2012. In addition to his parents, Sid is predeceased by his wife Joy, who passed on October 16, 2021. (Pawtucket, R.I.) 1890s-1900s, Pawtucket: Gazette and Chronicle. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. They provide death dates and locations, funeral and cemetery information, and more importantly information about the relatives of the deceaseds family and extended family. De Palma for 51 years. She served as an elementary school teacher at schools in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, including St. Peter's, Worcester and St. Lucy's Middletown, Donath 'Donnie' Patterson Tuggle, age 66, died on January 31 in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, following a brief illness. Our online Digital Collections Database is available for browsing and performing advanced searches of our digital collections, which are comprised of digitized resources such as photographs and documents, as well as digital photographs of our artifacts. The district attorney explained why she wouldn't pursue charges, but Boylan believes the officers should be charged. . Eventually she became one of the William Anthony Thurber, 79, of Ocala, Florida, passed away July 24, 2022. David was born on January 14, 1947 in Providence, RI a son of the late Edgar and Catherine (Flanagan) Ray and stepmother Carmina Ray. Providence Journal Obituary Archives Search in Providence, Rhode Island (Providence, R.I.) 1826-1828, Providence: Rhode-Island Temperance Herald. Browse | Providence Journal Archives - NewsBank Must have a Coventry library . (Providence [R.I.]) 1856-1859, Providence: Rhode-Island American and Providence Gazette. Collections date from 1856 to the present and encompass the western United States, as well as the mission in El Salvador. (Providence, R.I.) 1823-1825, Providence: Indicator and Society Journal. He started his own business in electronics, installing high end sound systems. Unless you visit a library with newspaper originals or access to a microfilm machine for newspapers that have been scanned, the easiest way is to search online newspapers. Edwards had a stroke in August 2019 that left her paralyzed on her left side, according to Boylan, and had been living in a Pawtucket nursing home. Your email address will not be published. Please go to the following website for further details www.aycocktradition.com, John M DiStefano 76 of Florida, a Vietnam Veteran, passed away at Largo Hospital on Jan 7 2023. (Pawtucket, R.I.) 1891-1893, Pawtucket: Rhode Island Free Press. "Although she was physically disabled, she was not mentally disabled and was able to make her own decisions," Boylan said. He was a volunteer firefighter for the Dixon and Wheatcroft Fire Departments. (Providence, R.I.) 1977-1992, Providence: Fresh Fruit. (Cranston, R.I.) 1985-1980s, East Providence: East Providence Eagle. (Harrisville, R.I.) 1892-1893, Howard: Howard Times. (Providence, R.I.) 1827-1829, Providence: Investigator, and General Intelligencer. (Olneyville [Providence, R.I.]) 1917-1924, Olneyville: Rhode Island Citizen. The police took Edwards, who used a wheelchair, into custody Feb. 5 after she was discharged from Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center but refused to leave. They lived in Barrington, RI and West Falmouth, MA, and moved to Naples, FL after Fred's retirement. Edwards' treatment by the police, caught on body camera footage, has caused an uproar in Knoxville, where residents decried the officers callousness as Edwards experienced a medical emergency, USA Today reported. Comprehensive collection of obituaries and death notices electronically available. (Providence, R.I.) 1844-1846, Providence: Providence Daily Journal, and General Advertiser. (Pawtucket, R.I.) 1886-1890, Pawtucket: Pawtucket Star. Rhode Island Obituaries, over 280 RI Obituary Indexes If it is someone who died many years ago, you should search newspapers, do a Google search, or look on local library websites. (Providence, R.I.) 1824-1826, Providence: Columbian Phenix, Or, Providence Patriot. Information regarding access and use for institutions is available by contacting NewsBank at 800-762-8182 or email sales@newsbank.com. Explore current and archived issues of the Providence Journal with full-color newspaper pages and individual articles, as well as content only published online. (Providence, R.I.) 1933-1934, Providence: Sunday Telegram. (Pawtucket, R.I.) 1893-1896, Pawtucket: Pawtucket Evening Times. Libraries throughout Rhode Island keep a thorough record of past newspapers that were published throughout the region. (Providence [R.I.]) 1867-1872, Providence: Providence Weekly Visiter. Her speech got slurred as things progressed, that's one of the first signs you see with a stroke. You can also get some additional guidance by downloading the free Tips for Searching Titles guide. 7,366 Results. Sid was born in Buffalo, NY on November 13, 1938 to the late Henry W. and Elizabeth (Hoff) Shepard. Providence Journal Cherri Lynn Steinwachs, 61 of Henderson, passed away at Deaconess Henderson Hospital on Thursday December 1st, 2022. (Providence, R.I.) 1808-1811, Providence: Community Voice. Age 86. Accessible in an easy-to-use interface with searching by name, date range, or text such as institutional name, social affiliation(s), geographic location(s), philanthropic activities, etc. (Pawtucket, R.I.) 1880s-1886, Pawtucket: Evening Times. (Providence, R.I.) 1856-1857, Providence: Center News. Keene, NH. Some of the most popular are Legacy.coms Memorial websites, Forever Missed, and Ever Loved. Fortunately, public libraries, some genealogy sites, and genealogy societies have transcribed millions of newspaper obituaries, and they also have created obituary indexes that specify the deceaseds name, the title of the newspaper that contains the obituary, and the date of publication. He was a member of the Naples, Wickford, Marjorie Leona (Farnsworth) Edwards, 98, passed away on Monday May 2, 2022 in Goffstown, NH. 150 Empire Street Providence, RI 02903. (Providence, R.I.) 1892-1906, Providence: Weekly Review. Friday, March 3, 2023. Mon-Fri, 7am-6pm MDT . Obituaries | Archives | journalinquirer.com Rhode Island Obituaries and Death Records. (Providence, R.I.) 1970-Current, Providence: Evening Bulletin. Providence Public Library. Please visit www.RemickGendron.com to read David's complete obituary, to sign his tribute wall and for additional information. Obituaries usually give the name of the deceased and the death or burial date. (Providence [R.I.]) 1829-1830, Providence: Providence Daily Journal. John Taylor White, 87, of Providence, KY, passed away Saturday Jan. 28, 2023, at Redbanks Colonial Terrace Nursing home in Sebree, KY. Barbara Faye Mitchell, 83, of Providence passed away on Saturday January 28, 2023, in Louisville, KY. Lila Sisk, age 81, of Dawson Springs, passed away on Tuesday, January 24, 2023, at her residence. Blog RSS Facebook Twitter Twitter Instagram Instagram Tumblr. Providence, RI Obituaries Archives Online - Obits Archive 1981 Contains obituaries and death notices published in the Providence Journal since 1980. She was predeceased by her husband of 66 years Henry L Edwards Jr. She is survived by her daughter Gail Haggarty and her husband Frank, daughter Susan Edwards, grandchildren George Haggarty and his wife Chapelle, Laura Gilpatric and her husband Ian, sister Marion (Pete) Arnold and many loving nieces, Didnt find who you were looking for? (Pawtucket, R.I.) 1840s-1855, Pawtucket: Evening Times. She was 84 years old. (Providence, R.I.) 1974-1975, Providence: Impartial Observer. Billy Carrol Pride, 91 of Clay passed away Saturday, October 29, 2022 at Western Kentucky Veterans Center in Hanson. Dennis was the son of the late Raymond and Muriel (Caldwell) Braddock. Stewart was an outdoorsman, he loved to fish, hunt, look for arrowheads and hike when he was in Colorado. Sheila was born on October 28, 1953 in Clay KY to the late Bundy and Millie Sigler. (Providence, R.I.) 1875-1879, Providence: Tribune. Betty Jean Reynolds, 72 of Providence, passed away on February 27, 2023, at Baptist Health Deaconess in Madisonville, KY. Wallace Howard Jones, 91, of Utica, KY passed away on Monday February 20, 2023, at the Ohio County Hospital in Beaver Dam, KY. Gerald Papineau, 85 of Clay, passed away Saturday, February 18, 2023 at his home. (Providence [R.I.]) 1810-1811, Providence: State. He loved outside William Louis Lombardo Jr. of Charlotte, North Carolina passed away peacefully on Friday November 25, 2022, with his family by his side, he was 85 years old. (Pawtucket, R.I.) 1896-1897, Pawtucket: Pawtucket Record and Free Discussion Advocate. (Providence [R.I.]) 1811-1814, Providence: Columbian Phenix. Andrea Zettler Gobin, of Clay passed from this earth on Saturday, Dec. 10, 2022, at Deaconess Midtown Hospital in Evansville, Indiana, after a recent cancer diagnosis. The Honorable Richard Jerome Israel, 91, died on Monday, November 7, 2022, at Fairview Hospital in Great Barrington, MA. Retha Ann Poe, 73, of Providence, Kentucky passed away on Thursday, February 16, 2023 at Baptist Health Deaconess in Madisonville. (Chepachet, R.I.) 1881-1882, Cranston: Cranston Herald-Today. hand, are formalized reports of someones death in the local news. Accessible in an easy-to-use interface with searching by name, date range, or text such as institutional name, social affiliation(s), geographic location(s), philanthropic activities, etc. (Providence, R.I.) 1890-1896, Providence: New Paper. Family members would have published death notices in the Providence Journal to detail the persons name, age, residence, work history, and any information about the funeral service. Must have a Coventry library . According to the Knox County District Attorney's Office, she was taken back to Fort Sanders hospital and died Feb. 6. (Providence, R.I.) 1998-Current, Providence: Providence Morning Herald. He was a member of Shady Grove General Baptist Church in Poole, KY and Bailey-Onton Masonic Lodge in Sebree, KY F&AM#538. (Providence, R.I.) 1981-Current, Providence: East Side-West Side. (Providence, R.I.) 1895-1897, Providence: Pomona Herald and the New England Rural Home. A mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 11 AM on Thursday, October 13, 2022 at St. Elizabeth of Hungary Mission Church, 1 Lowell Street, Seabrook Beach, NH 03874. Indexes are just that, an index that at a minimum includes the deceaseds name and the name and date of the newspaper that the obituary appears in. (Woonsocket [R.I.]) 1873-1876, Woonsocket: Woonsocket Patriot and Rhode-Island State Register. (Providence, R.I.) 1931-1937, Providence: Manufacturers and Farmers Journal. These searchable indexes provide the location in old newspapers where the obituary can be found. (Providence, R.I.) 1899-1906, Providence: Weekly Transcript. (Providence, R.I.) 1878-1879, Providence: Daily Advertiser and American. U.S., Social Security Death Index, 1935-2014. (Providence, R.I.) 1828-1852, Providence: Rhode Island American and Gazette. For a complete obituary, additional information regarding services, and to sign the online guestbook, please visit www.RemickGendron.com.