vanilla extract 2 Tbsp. Prepare the frosting, then frost and decorate the cake as desired. To bake the cheesecake: Bake the cheesecake for 40 to 50 minutes, until it's set and firm 1" in from the edge. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese (12 oz. Im a home cook, writer, food and wine fanatic, and recipe developer. Ive been making this gluten free cream cheese pound cake forever. 2023 Southern Food and Fun. This site requires JavaScript. Mix in the sour cream and lemon juice or lemon juice powder. After waffling back and forth for a bit, I decided to go with the lemon option for today's cheesecake experiment. I loved the cheesecake filling it was a great compliment to the lemon! The options are endless!. A lot of old pound cake recipes, while they have a nice flavor, still have a tendency to be dry and heavy. Please read our disclosure policy. Butter and flour a 10-inch straight-sided tube or angel food cake pan. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This pound cake is dense, but soft and tender with a wonderful almond flavor. package cream cheese, softened 1 tablespoon lemon juice 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 2 teaspoons lemon extract 1/8 teaspoon salt 6 large eggs 3 cups Pillsbury Softasilk Enriched & Bleached Cake Flour GLAZE Usuallywhen baking a cake you have to be careful with making changes because the cake wont rise properly or the texture will change. You can use most any flavor extract instead of vanilla; also a little cake coloring puts a little color to cakes, cup cakes, etc. 3 1/4 cups White Lily Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour. When it comes out clean, the cake is done. Not even a hard cover book, just pages held together with a plastic binder? It says 1 1/2 cups which would be 12 oz. Gradually add sugar. Privacy Policy & Disclosure Policy Accessibility Statement Powered by CultivateWP. If you have an Aldis grocery store nearby, they usually have very low prices for cream cheese. Here youll find classic Southern recipes, along with updated and new delicious ones. Oil and flour a 10 or 12-inch bundt pan and set aside. Allow to sit and macerate for at least one hour. You can set the pan on a foil-covered baking sheet in case of any over-flow. Here are similar recipes guaranteed to satisfy your cravings. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees; generously spray a 12 cup bundt pan with cooking spray (If you have the one with flour already in the spray that works really well for this recipe) 2.In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix with all the other ingredients. And dont worry about any cracks on the top crust of your gorgeous Cream Cheese Pound Cake. You can set the pan on a foil-covered baking sheet in case of any over-flow. Allow to cool completely and serve at room temperature. Add sugar gradually; beat on medium-high speed 5 minutes or until mixture is light and fluffy. Using an electric mixer, beat the ingredients at low speed for one minute. Dont overmix. Heat the oven to 325 degrees, and grease a bundt pan well. Place your pan into the oven and preheat your oven to 325F. Beat in lemon juice, vanilla, extracts and salt. Pour batter into the prepared cake pan. Beef Bourguignon, made by Julia Child's recipe.. 289. On low speed, add eggs, one at a time, beating for about one minute after each addition. So naturally, when I wanted to come up with a Lemon Pound Cake recipe, I figured just adding lemon juice to the Cream Cheese Pound Cake would be the best place to start. Years ago, my husband and I worked for a company that built natural gas pipelines. This delicious classic old-fashioned cream cheese pound cake recipe is perfect for dessert after family dinners, special occasions, or a holiday celebration. Were so glad youre here! Easy Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze is a simple recipe using the Cream Cheese Pound Cake base and adding a zesty lemony glazeit's fresh, pretty, and lip-smacking good! Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla with Mixer until blended. Then wrap the whole cake in plastic wrap, then in foil. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below. Pour batter into the prepared pan and place in cold oven along with a 2 cup oven-proof measuring cup filled with water (about 1 cups). This gives it a slight tang, which blends perfectly with its rich, buttery and sweet, but not overly sweet flavor. Gradually add sugar, beating another 5-7 minutes on medium-high. Mix thoroughly. 2. Instructions. Start checking at about the 1 1/2 hour mark by inserting a long wooden skewer in the middle of the cake and if it still feels wet when removed, it needs to bake longer. Your email address will not be published. You know what that means! I mixed 1/2 a cup of powdered sugar with a teaspoon of vanilla and a teaspoon of milk. In another bowl, whisk the cream cheese until its smooth and creamy. I set out the, Aerate the flour before measuringtake the measuring cup and stir it around in the canister, just to, Pound cakes are unique in that they do not use leavening agents, other than a small amount of salt. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. I like the longer cake testers because a pound cake is thick and dense and youll want to know if its baked all the way through. Whip about 2 cups heavy cream in bowl of stand mixer until soft peaks begin to form. Sift together the flour and salt and set aside. All rights reserved. Next, add in your flour and mix until just combined. With an electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Your recipes are excellent Ive been baking GF for five years and these are by far the best weve had. Allow to cool for about an hour in the pan before attempting to remove it from the pan and onto a wire rack to cool completely. Beat sugar, margarine and cream cheese on large bowl until fluffy. Then to top it, I made a glaze with fresh lemon juice and zest, powdered sugar, and a touch of melted butter. Mini Pecan Pie Muffins With Chocolate Chips, Pound Cake With Heavy Cream (Elvis Presleys Favorite), An incredible evening with Tina and friends, What a great night for Riverdance at The Fox, What a great night for River Dance at The Fox, Mr. & Mrs. Thank you! Cut the cream cheese up into smaller pieces and add them to the bowl before stirring. Scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl. All ingredients (including eggs and cream cheese) must be at room temperature. I also cut the recipe in half and made it in a loaf pan and it was perfect! This was a hit when I made it. Test with toothpick. Bake at 300 for about 1 hour and 15-30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean or has just a few crumbs. With an electric stand mixer, cream butter, and cream cheese until smooth. Let the pound cake cool and turn it over on a cake plate or plate. Next mix in the fresh lemon juice, vanilla, and salt. cream cheese and granulated sugar with mixer for 1 minute or until light and fluffy. BUTTERSCOTCH POUND CAKE (EASY FALL DESSERT), Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cake (From Southern Living) . Place in a cold oven at 325 degrees for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes on bottom rack. You can also store it in the freezer if you want it to last longer. You can use a tube pan or a Bundt pan, just make sure its large enough to hold the batter without it spilling over in your oven. Step 1: Heat the oven to 350 F. Step 2: Heat the oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 3 L fluted chimney pan. Make sure you measure out the ingredients accurately. When instructed to beat for 7 minutes, dont ignore this step or cut the time short. Bake the cake until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean (a few crumbs are okay, but you dont want any raw batter). After one minute of mixing, scrape down the side of the bowl and beat for two minutes at medium speed. 8 days ago. Ive created and tested hundreds of recipes so that I can bring you the best tried and true favorites. It was for my sons birthday so I may have to go to plan B if this is a failure. Santa is being weighted down by Christmas. Dont go all the way to the high speed. Allow the cake to cool, flip over, and drizzle with icing or frosting. We won't send you spam. At that point, keep checking at about 10-minute intervals. Turn batter out into prepared pans and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until cakes are domed, golden, springy to the touch, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Its got a few steps, but the results are worth it, and I promise its really not that hard! :), Copyright 2023 Back To My Southern Roots | Trellis Framework by Mediavine, KitchenAid 606354-KHM512HT Hot Sauce 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer, Duralex 100009 Made In France Lys Stackable 9-Piece Bowl Set. Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy. All rights reserved. This post may contain affiliate links. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes and then invert cake onto a cake stand or serving platter. Beat in lemon juice, vanilla, lemon extract and salt. Make sure to scrape down the sides. Check out the classic cake recipe card below and get your ingredient checklist ready, and start baking! This blog contains affiliate links. Is it magic? Turned out just like my grandmas THANK YOU!!! Let the cake cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then carefully invert the pan onto a cooling rack to cool completely. The job took us to places like Iowa, Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, and so many other states. Then spoon the cheesecake mixture over the cake batter (try not to have the cheesecake filling touch any edges of the pan). The batter should get very creamy and light with no discernible pieces of cream cheese. Hi, Cathy! Cream the butter and shortening together. Your cake looks amazing! Click here for the link. You can even add a scoop of ice cream to the side, or top it with some fresh fruit. Easy Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze is a simple recipe using the Cream Cheese Pound Cake base and adding a zesty lemony glazeits fresh, pretty, and lip-smacking good! If it comes out wet, add about 10-15 more minutes and check again. Step 2: Add the cream cheese. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert it onto a wire rack to cool completely. Clause are recovering with gift therapy. Add flour to batter, a little at a time, beating on low speed just until blended. In another medium bowl, whip the cream cheese until nice and smooth with a hand mixer, or stand mixer. Required fields are marked *. Start beating the butter and cream cheese at medium speed of electric mixer until mixed well and then beat at medium until creamy, about 8 minutes. Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake INGREDIENTS Baking Spray with Flour CAKE 3 cups sugar 1 1/4 cups butter, softened 1 (8 oz.) Allow cake to cool in pan 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Be sure to scrape the sides and bottom of bowl to blend every bit. 712 Church Ln., Yeadon, 610-574-9491, poundcakeheaven.net, @thepoundcakeheaven. The recipe I share today is brought to us by friends at Southern Living Magazine. Challenge Cream Cheese, at room temperature 1-1/2 cups Challenge Butter, softened 3 cups granulated sugar 6 large eggs, at room temperature 3 cups cake flour 2 teaspoons vanilla extract Powdered sugar, for dusting (optional) And heres a little tip regarding the flour: I always use White Lily All-Purpose flour which has a lower protein content than a lot of flours. Then repeat with the rest of the flour, then sour cream. To make the frosting, whisk together the icing sugar, remaining cream cheese, and remaining juice from the Meyer lemons, adding the juice gradually until you achieve the desired consistency. Use room temperature ingredients. Place the cake onto a cake stand, or serving plate. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring them in fully before adding the next one. Add the cream cheese and beat until light and fluffy. Beat until smooth. Start checking about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-10 inch bundt pan very well. Want something more exciting? I would love to try your recipes using your recipe mix for the flour but I cant use cow milk and not sure where to get powdered goats milk. Set aside. **Cooks Tip: Be sure and scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to get every bit. I would refrigerate this pound cake because it has cream cheese in it. Fill the pan 3/4s full, if theres batter left you can make a cupcake or two. Usually youll find the recipe in scripted handwriting, an heirloom passed from one generation to the next, with a lot memories attached to that little card. Yes! Add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. Bake until the top is golden brown, the cake springs back when lightly pressed, and a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 1 hours. Pour into bundt or tube pan sprayed with Baker's Joy. Thanks so much, Julia! To make the cream cheese filling, mix softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla (or lemon) extract, egg white and flour just to combine. Let me know how the cake is after it bakes. Plus, we were so tired at the end of the day, we couldnt see spending a lot of time making anything. Posted on Last updated: February 13, 2023. When the cake is cool, whisk the milk and powdered sugar together for the glaze. The real key is when you add new elements to the mix. Sprinkle 2 tbsp sugar over strawberries in bowl and stir to combine. Thanks, Im so sorry! Dont mix too much. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan. Be sure to scrape the sides and bottom of bowl to blend every bit. Next, youll sift together the flour and salt and set aside. The moist cake is easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients that you most likely already have. Just stick a wooden pick into the pound cake and see how it looksyou want a few wet crumbs clinging to the toothpick. 1 pack 8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese 2 3/4 cups Granulated Sugar 6 Room Temperature Eggs 2 tsp Vanilla Extract 1/2 tsp Lemon Extract 1/2 tsp Crisco Butter Shortening Instructions Take eggs and cream cheese out to come to room temperature at least 30 minutes prior to baking. (*See Notes) Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, add the cream cheese and butter to the mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until smooth. Awe, thank you so much! Add in the lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla and mix to combine. Doing this will ensure it wont fall apart. Grease and flour a Bundt pan and set aside. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside. You may also likeEasy Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze I used this same recipe and added lemon and a super easy lemon glaze ? The ingredients list couldnt be more simple: For this recipe, you do NOT need to preheatthe oven. With mixer on low, slowly add flour/salt mixture into butter/egg mixture. Or until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and mix. Its the perfect pound cake recipe! Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture. Managed by Blogging Unplugged. Don't overmix. A few moist crumbs are okay. Cover any leftover cake tightly with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for up to 4 or 5 days. Step 4: Add eggs, whisk well after every addition. Coat 10-inch tube pan with flour no-stick cooking spray. A pound cake is the perfect simple dessert. The mixture will lighten in color slightly. To serve, slice cake and garnish with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, a dollop of freshly whipped cream and fresh berries. This has been a popular and great recipe on the blog because who doesnt like pound cake with cream cheese? Pour the batter into your prepared pan and place in a cold oven along with a 2 cup oven-proof measuring cup or bowl filledwith water (about 1 cups). Add lemon extract and combine. Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Yield: 8 slices Print Pin Rate Recipe Equipment for this recipe Loaf Pan Buy Now Hand Mixer Buy Now Nesting Bowls Buy Now (equipment shown are affiliate links)