Many times the wind will blow the snow off in areas and even though they can dig down through the snow to find the grass it requires more energy consumption so the places that the wind blows the snow off are a better bet. Weather can vary by elevation. Anyone hunt unit 65 near ridgeway? Located east of Montrose on Highway 50 then 8 miles south of the town/post Office of Cimarron, Colorado it is located in GMU 065. Offering backcountry hunts for mule deer, elk, black bear, and bighorn sheep in Western Colorado Unit 65, All of our booking is confirmed by phone - call today to check availability. Sun Lakes, AZ. You must log in or register to reply here. 15-23) Select your 7 days. Bull Tag) Rifle (Unit 65): 1st season (elk only draw no points required!) There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. Otherwise, we will be concentrating on pack-in drop camps and do-it-yourself style packages. cow creek was flowing pretty good when we were there a few years back, but we were able to drive over it in a stock SUV. I can only get out for a couple of days of scouting this year due to work and looking for some info on the roads around 65. -Over the Counter Bull License, 4st Rifle Non-Resident requires 0 points to draw. Good luck to you guys as well. There are 3 OTC hunts in this unit. You are using an out of date browser. 2 of us are planning on Archery elk in CO unit 65 this year. Still have questions? If you are an extreme hunter this is the hunt for you. They also have a low camp for the late season hunts. Outfitters do not have use of an entire unit, normally just areas specified by the NFS/BLM for use by each outfitter working in that unit. We still have some availability in our wilderness, pack-in hunts in GMU 66. I guess I should have checked the prime source. JavaScript is disabled. Game packing is available. My name is Peter, I'm from Denmark, a colleague and me are planing an archery hunting trip to Unit 65 Colorado, from the 12 to the 23 September. Their vast knowledge of the terrain coupled with over 25 years of personal hunting experience, gives them the expertise to provide clients with an EXCEPTIONAL OPPORTUNITY FOR SUCCESS! We camped at around 9k and hunted up to 10.5k. ATV are allowed on the property to get elk out but any excess ATV riding jeopardizes the elk passing through for a few days. The neighbor has 10,000 acres and hunts it quite heavy dispersing elk in all directions. All of these areas are private so elk are continually being pushed into this area from hunting pressure. -Either Sex License, Late Cow Non-Resident requires 0 points to draw.-Cow License. OTC Colorado Archery Elk - Bowsite.com How much pressure does it get?? Hunting the Big Blue Wilderness is vast terrain of scrub oak, aspen, spruce and lodgepole pine climbing the ridges, creek valleys and rocky outcrops. See the Leftover List. Coffeepot High Country Outfitters is an equal opportunity employer. 16 - 20) this is a draw but no points are required. Lush green grass is growing down the draw that feeds the area in front of the blind. You must log in or register to reply here. Timberline Mule Deer Camp - Colorado Elk and Mule Deer Hunting - Action Cloudflare Ray ID: 7a2e3b04cdac2a7e You are using an out of date browser. This hunt is an extreme hunting experience where we provide two guides per hunter for spotting, meat, trophy care and extraction. J & D Outfitters has exclusive caretaker and hunting rights to over 7,000 acres of private ranches in GMU # 64 and 65, some of which border the Black Canyon National Park. -Over the Counter Bull License, 3st Rifle Non-Resident requires 0 points to draw. The property is 1 miles long at its widest point and nestles in a critical path for elk traffic. Many hunters know about the high success rate during this season so this late season licenses for this area always draw out. I haven't looked at the onX Off road site. Based on that map many of the trails are 50" or less. Unit 65.is always over crowded and no elk. ALASKA; . Many of our clients are carrying these now, and they are proving to be one of the most valuable tools for your hunt. I,m on the south end of the unit, but don't have any recommendations. Phone: 970-361-7511 Email: roy@jacksonoutfitters.com Go east of Ridgway over Owl Creek Pass. Hunting Forums. From: kentuckbowhnter 31-Dec-18 sounds like you have done your research, go and learn the unit. Thus, in 20 years of applying, I would get to hunt a draw unit 4 times and an OTC or second choice unit 16 times. We are leaving out Thursday morning for 65. Results for the hunting license draw will be available May 31 (elk) and June 1 (deer). --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------. .300 Weatherby Mag 170 G Hammer Custom Hollow Review help. We wont have time to get up there to scout until the 2-3 days prior to opening day. GIS Data: Unit Size and Land Ownership* Overall unit size: US Forest Service: DRAW ODDS . 2X1 $5,000 (per person) 1X1 $7,500. Deer Hunting in Colorado GMU 65 - Gunnison, Hinsdale, Montrose, . FORLOH AllClima Softshell and AllClima Stretch Woven Pant Review. If you are interested in more information about our Big Game Hunts at Unit 65 contact Roy Jackson today! Hunter Safety Card required for hunters born after 1949. It may not display this or other websites correctly. I plan on doing my first Colorado elk hunt first rifle this year and was looking for some scouting info. Being in excellent health and the best physical shape gives you the best chance to harvest a mature trophy animal. Drop Camps - wildmountain Good Luck! (DIY) Do it Yourself Hunt on Private land hunt with box blinds for two hunters. Colorado Elk Hunting Unit 65 Statistics and Information - DIYHuntingMaps As far as hunt code GMU064 and GMU065 are lumped together. Me and a buddy are planning to hunt 65 this year for first rifle as well. With its abundant wildlife and diverse hunting terrain, GMU 65 in . If you're a nonresident hunter with at least 23 preference points, or a Colorado resident with at least 10 points, give Adam a call at 208-691-3014 and we'd be happy to explain those options. Phone: 970-361-7511. Joined Dec 17, 2014 Messages 41. They are Permitted in Rio Grande National Forest of Southwestern ColoradoThey strive to offer the highest quality hunt possible by limiting the number of clients in camp and providing personal service. 7 Day Package 5 Days Of Hunting $1,975.00 **GRATUITIES NOT INCLUDED** photo Colorado Elk Hunting Colorado Elk Hunting C. Crossfire64 Active Member. Thank you for visiting our site If you are new to us, please feel free to browse through our information and give us a call or email with any questions you may have. How is the motorized trail system? You are using an out of date browser. Additionally, persons aged 19 - 64 are required to buy a Habitat Stamp for $10 the first Colorado hunting licenses purchased that year. good luck. You need snow and cold to send them home for winter. I've been researching since last summer, use toprut and OnX, along with everything the CPW website has to offer (and I am . I'm looking forward to a great leaning experience and great time over all (elk or no elk). You can go several days and not see a personcan't wait to go back. -Either Sex License, 1st Rifle Non-Resident requires 0 points to draw. Colorado Unit 76 Wilderness Elk Hunt | Huntin' Fool Are the accessible roads decent that time of year? Don't know where one unit begins and another ends in Colorado? We do plan on shooting the first legal bulls we see and arent against taking a cow later in the hunt. This is a DIY drop camp hunt, our wranglers will horseback your harvested animal out in quarters from your camp or designated horse trail. This includes packing out your game animal. JavaScript is disabled. Colorado Unit 65? | Rokslide Forum Click to reveal The elk will stay high until hunting pressure or weather force them down. And that 20% species distribution may lie 100% within private lands. Unit 65 CO Elk | Hunt Talk Maps of Colorado: Includes local, state and federal government, Colorado counties, political and administrative districts, commercial map sites and GIS related links. From: md5252 31-Dec-18 Just another version of "not looking for anyone's honey hole but.." From: JohnMC 31-Dec-18 Research the latest Colorado Elk Hunting Draw Odds and Harvest Data for Unit 681. Its gotten so busy now that its impossible to get away from people. I'm aware of the substantial elevation change between the first four units and unit 65 and have read that elk are usually higher in elevation during this time of year, but I was also curious if the first four units have the elk numbers this time of year, given the elevation. He has enough Elk Preference points to draw a Unit 40 First Rifle Season tag. Toggle navigation. After booking confirmation, mail the signed copy to us or sign, scan, and email it to jandrayoutfitters@gmail.com. If you want to hunt in this region, snowfall is an indomitable factor, and the superlative time for hunting is generally the 2nd and 3rd rifle seasons in most of the cases. These hunts will be available at times, but very limited at special treaty. There is a cement pad on the property to park a camper or trailer or just to pitch a tent. That definitely helped a lot with our plans. Outfitters are restricted within each game management unit according to their permitted boundaries. Do you like it, MISurveyor? E-E-064-P1-R Either Sex-Private Land only, E-F-065-P5-R Cow Long (October 15- November 30) Season Private Land only. #1. -Either Sex License, 2st Rifle Non-Resident requires 0 points to draw. This is an over the counter Bull license with no points required. All hunts are five full days of hunting with a day on each in for travel to and from camp. I drew a first rifle elk tag for unit 64/65 and I have some questions about specific roads and areas of the unit. FIND THE BEST COLORADO OTC ELK HUNTING UNITS - Montana Decoy The Elk herd in this region is resident to the area and many of the animals from this region are listed in both the Boone / Crockett and Pope / Young record books. Click for Terrain Detail. Insured and bonded according to Colorado State Law for Outfitters. We offer all types of hunting packages as well as summer horse back vacations here in the high country of western Colorado. The population is slightly above objective and increasing. It may not display this or other websites correctly. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. Thanks guys! You can purchase a tag online, by phone (1-800-244-5613), or through a licensed agent at Colorado Parks and . Elk - Unit 65. Each year, hunters set out to chase elk in one of Colorado's over-the-counter (OTC) elk hunting game management units. Deer Hunting in Colorado's GMU 65 - HuntScore It is not required to be a Colorado Hunter Safety Card it can be from another state. There is also an on-line hunter Safety Class available. This hunt promises to be an experience of a lifetime, This hunt is available through a draw only permit for Archery, Black Powder or High Elevation Early Rifle, Copyright 2012-2017 Jackson Outfitters LLC | All Rights Reserved, Helping Colorados Wildlife, Habitat and Natural Resources. Get a free account to view the details! Hunting prospects are generally very good. Hunters will need a larger number of preference points to draw a hunting permit but can expect to have an opportunity at larger bulls than in . Special use permits issued by the Gunnison National Forest, Uncompahgre National Forest, and Bureau of Land Management Ouray and Gunnison Districts. Although the deadline is over, there is still a chance to obtain licenses. In some cases for the private land license you and put in for a point for your first choice and for this private land cow as your second choice. Elk muzzle loader and all mule deer seasons are draw tags. Click for Terrain Detail. There is 1 pond of 3 ponds about 500 yards from the blind. Looks like we had the same idea. It is not required to be a Colorado Hunter Safety Card it can be from another state. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. Not all weather elements are available within the unit. WW do you mind if I send you a PM? Your IP: You are using an out of date browser. Muzzleloader: 7 Day Hunt $995 (September. Colorado Horseback Wilderness Hunts - Unit 65 - Jackson Outfitters Both the majestic elk and trophy mule deer are legendary to Unit 65 hunting area. Large swings indicate a good layering system should be used. If you are an extreme hunter this is the hunt for you. Big Blue Wilderness is a non-motorized public access area. The link to the Colorado Game & Fish web page is: http://wildlife.state.co.us/, 303-297-1192 and mailing address is 6060 Broadway, Denver, CO 80216, {BreezingForms:Hunt_Special_Information_Request_Form}, Horn and Fin Hunting and Fishing Guide Reviews 2021, Colorado DIY ELK hunt on private land GMU 64, 65, Where are the Successful Low Cost DIY/Semi-Guided Private Land Mule Deer Hunts in Colorado. Send us an email at [emailprotected] to learn more. Colorado Unit 40 Elk | Long Range Hunting Forum Colorado Unit 65 | Rokslide Forum Please check either with your outfitter, or the Forest district you will be hunting in to determine which outfitter is permitted to operate within your chosen area. Thread . Messages. Hey guys was looking for a bit of info on Unit 65 in Colorado. The area in front of the Salad Bowl box blind has aspen quakies with a shooting land cut out. GMU 65 still offers archery elk hunting, second and third season rifle licenses for bull elk over the counter. Cedar City, UT 84721 Our hunting operation is conducted in game management units (GMU) 65 and 66. Phone:970-361-7511 303-297-1192 and mailing address is 6060 Broadway, Denver, CO 80216 Additionally, persons aged 19 - 64 are required to buy a Habitat Stamp for $10 the first Colorado hunting licenses purchased that year. Create a free account to read the rest of this access note! DESCRIPTION: This HFA Endorsed Outfitter has been in the outfitting industry since 1995. Coffeepot will no longer be offering guide services and cooking with our hunt packages. Hunter Safety Card required for hunters born after 1949. Contact US All of our booking is confirmed by phone - call today to check availability . Guide to the Colorado 2023 Big Game Draw For: Elk, Mule Deer, and Bear We are also getting there a few days early to do some additional scouting and get acclimated. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. We are currently elk hunting and trophy mule deer hunting over 24,000 private acres of prime Elk and Mule Deer habitat. 4th Rifle Cow $ 250 for a Cow hunt (November. Good luck hunting. Isn't that contour line elk trail only used on even number days? Frequently Asked Questions About the Colorado Draw and Applications GMU 65 is home to various big game, including elk, Mule deer, black bear, and mountain lion, making it a prime destination. Unlock the secrets of limited license lotteries and discover drawing and harvest trends to create a better hunt planning strategy. J & Ray Outfitters . Maybe in a normal year, I bet the snow will be 90% gone in 2 weeks. Southwest Colorado Hunting Cabins For Rent - Transition Wild Please note: All outfitters in Colorado that use National Forest/BLM lands MUST be permitted by the particular district they are operating in with the appropriate insurance and licensing requirements. A couple days makes a big difference. Two hunters maximum on the property per season, Non-hunting guest no-charge. Late Rifle: $ 250 for a Cow hunt (December. Enter your email address to subscribe to Jackson Outfitters and receive notifications of new information and blog posts by email. I dont know why more people do not hunt this unit. I shot a 6 point and tracked for 3 days over 2 miles and never found it. Sep 2, 2017 #1 Ok friends, I've followed this . These elk are hunted like eastern whitetail to be the most successful. Colorado Unit 65 1st rifle season, 1st Elk Hunt - Long Range Hunting Forum Click on a license name to change graph and access draw tables. Did you draw doffie? Rifle 2nd combo Elk over the counter (deer draw 2-3pts.) Permit Type A; License Valid for Units: 64, 65; Permit Type B; License Valid for Units: 64, 65; private land only, Permit Type A; License Valid for Units: 64, 65; private land only, GMU 65 - Gunnison, Hinsdale, Montrose, and Ouray Counties, Toggle between terrain, satellite, and topographic views, The ability to filter OTC units by residency and manner/sex, 1st choice license applications and licenses drawn, Draw odds for resident and nonresident applicants, Harvest stats by hunt_code, manner, season, sex, type, Average # of days between precip or snow event, Probability of other weather events (thunder, hail, etc) by by month. This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. 1-7) (September. Create a free account to read the rest of this access note! Archery - Unit 65: (over the counter either sex Elk Tags) Muzzleloader - Unit 65 (draw 1-2 pts. You will receive a map of the parking/camping area, fence lines, water holes and blind locations so you know exactly where to hunt and the edges of the property. If you arent sure what to pack or have questions take a look at our downloadable gear list above. Elk Hunting Unit Map | A Perfect Hunt May 28, 2020. Not a lot of bugles, busy, steep. If you take a look at the CPW Hunt Atlas, you can turn on a map layer that shows the motor vehicle usage for the area. You will receive a permission card and a cell phone number to call if you have any problems. This is a draw license with the application deadline the first week in April; get your reservation in before applying for the license. CPW Seeks Input on Wolf Restoration and Management Plan. We are both in good physical shape, we work in the Copenhagen fire department. This hunt is restricted to individuals who weigh no more than 240 lbs. The property is at 8,800 and climbs to 9,500, prime elk elevation, yet it is minimal exertion hunt because you will be sitting in the box blinds. Elk Colorado Unit 65 1st Rifle doffiehoward May 17, 2021 1 2 Next May 17, 2021 #1 D doffiehoward Junior Member Joined Jan 26, 2021 Messages 28 Location Pennsylvania Hey guys was looking for a bit of info on Unit 65 in Colorado. Ive seen a couple posts on other forums suggesting Mike Lawson with Trophy Class Outfitters. The earliest seasons have the most traffic but there is a local herd that many times will stay there all year. Thanks JT Aug 5, 2013 #2 Alexander4 This tag is extremely easy to draw for Colorado and takes no preference points. Offering backcountry hunts for mule deer, elk, black bear, and bighorn sheep in Western Colorado Unit 65 . Colorado Parks & Wildlife - Maps - Colorado Parks and Wildlife Additionally, we offer packing services only where the client supplies his own camp and necessities. Just remember that there are always exceptions to the rule, and land ownership is just one piece of the puzzle. Hunters must be willing to walk well away from roads if they expect to be successful. Believe it or not, but the 10,000 ft. contour line on your map is an elk trail that goes from one meadow to another all along the back face of the ridge.. I know the mountains are huge and conditioning is key. This is a 7-day trip with 5 days of hunting. Success rate as a DIY has been 95% in the last few years for elk. You will be hunting Private Land. I know we arent expecting to harvest anything just going to have fun and experience the mountain and elk hunting. I plan on doing my first Colorado elk hunt first rifle this year and was looking for some scouting info. In that way you will get an elk point for next year and a cow elk license for this private land for this year. I have nothing to offer you on 65 or any other CO unit for that matter, but I wish you the best of luck on your hunt. I plan on coming out in late June or early July to do a little scouting in the unit. I also drew the unit 65 1st season either sex tag. Create a free account to read the rest of this elk hunting note! We offer limited muzzleloader and rifle hunts for elk, deer, and bear on these ranches. Do you have landowner tags, lease land, or have an lodge? It used to be a pretty good unit. Below is a list of some of the available topography maps of Colorado. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Travel to the high country spending the duration of the hunt in the heart of elk, mule deer and bighorn sheep country. If the snow level is low enough and they realize that this has not been grazed they are there. Do you have any ideas where you might be looking to go specifically? If you plan on hunting in higher elevation, as a rule of thumb, expect the tempture to decrease roughly 5 for every 1000' in elevation gain. Get unlimited access to over ten years of historical drawing and harvest data for over 1,700+ hunt units. 9703230115 jandrayoutfitters@gmail.com. ALASKA; BISON; BLACK BEAR; BROWN BEAR; CARIBOU; DALL SHEEP; ELK; MOOSE; . GIS Data: Unit Size and Land Ownership . 8480 6400 Rd, Montrose, CO 81401, United States. JavaScript is disabled. Since this property is not grazed by cattle and the neighbors property is grazed the elk tend to move back into this property to feed at different times of the day and night from the adjacent property. UPS has officially stopped shipping guns? All I know is that area will be a shit show this year due to all of the avalanche activity this past winter. JavaScript is disabled. -Either Sex License, Muzzleloader Non-Resident requires 1 point to draw. Our hunting operation is conducted in game management units (GMU) 65 and 66. We are going to set our camper up in Ouray and hunt daily in unit 65, second rifle. The trip starts by horseback to a remote fully furnished camp in wilderness.