She does not wish to reveal her thoughts regarding either then or now. She changed her name from Candy Alisa lives with her husband and two sons in Newton, Kansas. But these people believe that a person has no right to a rage response when attacked with an axe, and/or its impossible that the rage was caused solely by the attack, and that if there is a rage response, self-defense becomes murder or manslaughter. Fight or flight response. Here's the Real Reason Candy Montgomery Killed Betty GoreHer Motive Candy told him that all she wanted was to sleep with him once. 163 Candace Boring and Dustin Miller to Rustic Restorations LLC, 1640 Stanton Ave., Zanesville, $112,619 . On June 13, Montgomery went to the Gore household because the Gores eldest daughter, Alisa, wanted to see Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back with her two children after her swimming lesson. It should be written as, She went over to the Gores house, not the Gores house., Oh, and I do see an actual typo you have her written twice in that sentence, back to back. Everything To Know About 'Only Murders In The Building' Season 3, Buster Murdaugh Testified For The Defense At His Fathers Double Murder Trial, Alex Murdaugh Faces Life In Prison For Allegedly Killing His Wife & Son, Morgan Doughty Filed A Lawsuit Against The Murdaugh Family, Get Even More From Bustle Sign Up For The Newsletter. Pat Montgomery was an electrical engineer when he met Candace Wheeler, later known as Candy Montgomery. thehardtimes.net. I could see myself struggling with some of the same issues that theyre struggling with. She continued, The pressure of being a woman and trying to do it all with a smile on your face, family pressures and work pressures and everything. The fact is this WAS self-defense. Candace Montgomery, now known as Candace Wheeler, lives as a free woman in Georgia today after being acquitted by a jury of nine women and three men. To represent her in the case, Candy hired Don Crowder, a lawyer she knew from church, who found Dr. Fred Fason, a psychiatrist, to help Candy unlock the memories she couldnt recall. When we first heard of the murder, people panicked, as we tend to do. When put on . Candy Montgomery was not found criminally insane. This way she purposely killed her and then fabricated the no merit self defense story. The situation quickly escalated, and Candy struck her 41 times with the heavy tool. The Library of Congress lists Montgomery, Candace Lynn as a SUBJECT, tied to the title by Bloom and Atkinson. Yes, fine,have it your way. Also, I just really noticed an error in your post , so Im going to point it out, and then I will finally be finished with this several years old article and comment, lol. Pat is. They believed the word shhh sent her into a state of insanity which caused her to butcher another woman with an ax, striking over 40 blows? I believe Candy brought the axe in to the situation. I believe you have to be accountable for your actions. She was condescending towards Betty and when she thought maybe Betty was pregnant and going on this wonderful trip to Spain which is not attainable for many people Hulus Candy: Where is Pat Montgomery now, the husband who Candy cheated on. I knew in the 70s that hypnosis was crap and I was in grade school back then. View Profile. According to The Daily Mail, it's believed that Montgomery now goes by Candace Wheeler and works as a therapist. Im tired of the comments on this case that go like this, paraphrased: Woman dead from 41 axe wounds, dead woman suburban wife and mother, must be MURDER, bad jury, bad, bad jury!. He said she was not pretty. (As it turned out, she was not.) According to Texas Monthly, Gore was struck 41 times. In Candy, theyre named Becky (Aven Lotz) and Jason (Dash McCloud). Candace Wheeler Candace Montgomery Cand Montgomery Montgomery Cand. Hey its me again. [1][2][3], Montgomery, who was 30 years old at the time of the incident,[3] was married to Pat Montgomery, an electrical engineer. And that has everything to do with this or any other article. My family has a lot of anger and a lot of hatred toward her, Alisa Gore Harder added. The book is described a nail-biting story thats sure to fascinate true crime aficionados, according to Kirkus Reviews. Real-time updates and all local stories you want right in the palm of your hand. This was pre-internet, and because the book Evidence of Love did not have photographs, I had no idea what Candy Montgomery looked like. If youve seen the first few episodes of Candy on Hulu, you may be wondering: Why did Candy Montgomery kill Betty Gore and was her motive to murder her best friend? The final [to date] comment by one Chris Keathly is, however, the most egregious. Good for you. According to reports, Candy stopped by Bettys home to run an errand on June 13, 1980, in Wylie, Texas. When he couldnt reach his wife by telephone, he asked the neighbors to check on her. phone number (501) 796-0121 (360) 352-3133 and 2 more. I think it proves a lot in itself of her guilt that it was an offensive murder and not a defensive one. It was more than her affair with Bettys husband. The verdict received a great deal of criticism from the community. I am writing a news piece over the anniversary of the trial and was wondering if ou had any sources you could give me? Writing is communication, and thus should always be as clear, cogent, and as thoroughly correct as possible. So you are a journalist, or have worked in such capacity in the past? I believe none of that. There is no truth whatsoever in what you have cooked up here. Photos of Candy Montgomery's 1980 arrest and trial in Texas | Fort Thats self defense. During the assault, Gore was struck 41 times with a wood splitting axe. BUT, if she wanted to kill Betty, and had considered it if it was not an act of sudden rage, then there were much easier ways. Indeed! That was a reason Plano ISD disqualified her from sources I got many years ago after the murder. You have the wrong Candace Wheeler in this photo on the right (this woman is also named Candace Wheeler Montgomery but this isn't her) you should change that. Sheclaimed self-defense. Dr. Fason then asked Candy to recall the first time she remembers feeling angry, which was when she was four years old and lost a race to a boy named Johnny, which caused her to break a jar. (Note: Not all of these tales were told by commenters on this website. Maybe Candace becoming a psychologist was her way of coping with what she had done, maybe she wanted to understand what happened and help others in some way. Pat provided for the family while Candy took care of the house and kids; while she seemed to dote on her children and had a comfortable life, by 29 years old she was bored crazy of her routine. Psychiatrists testified at the trial and claimed that Candy had a dissociative reaction that led her to stab Betty repeatedly. Hi! She stood a jury trial that same year, testifying in her defense to insist she only attacked Betty once their confrontation turned into an altercation after the latter attempted to strike her with an ax. In other words, Betty Gore. Pat and Candy tied the knot sometime in the early 1970s and moved to Wylie, Texas in 1977. I hope this manipulative murderer rots in hell. At that point, Mrs. Montgomery told the jury, she fell into a dreamlike state and didnt know she was striking Mrs.Gorerepeatedly. The two struggled, and somehow Montgomery got control of the ax. According to Texas Monthly, the affair between Candy Montgomery and Allan Gore began after the two collided on a play on the church volleyball court, which set Candy's sights on Allan.She pursued . All of it took place in the utility room or started elsewhere and moved into the utility room. Candy Evans, founder and publisher of CandysDirt.com, is one of the nations leading real estate reporters. The emotions were brewing somewhere below the surface, but she had never yet formed the words in her mind, I wonder if Allan and Candy had an affair? This is not uncommon when human brains are forced to confront painful truths. In an interview with Pop Culture, Jessica Biel, who stars as Candy and also executive produces the series, revealed why she wanted to play the character. [8][10] District attorney Tom O'Connell argued that Montgomery could have fled the scene instead of attacking Gore. I know the person who lives in that house. .css-lwn4i5{display:block;font-family:Neutra,Helvetica,Arial,Sans-serif;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:-0.01rem;margin-bottom:0;margin-top:0;text-align:center;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;}@media (any-hover: hover){.css-lwn4i5:hover{color:link-hover;}}@media(max-width: 48rem){.css-lwn4i5{font-size:1.375rem;line-height:1.1;}}@media(min-width: 40.625rem){.css-lwn4i5{font-size:1.375rem;line-height:1.1;}}@media(min-width: 48rem){.css-lwn4i5{font-size:1.375rem;line-height:1.1;}}@media(min-width: 64rem){.css-lwn4i5{font-size:1.375rem;line-height:1.1;}}Sam Heughan Posted a Heartbreaking IG on Season 7, See Riley Keough's Tribute to Lisa Marie Presley. She had to be beloved and likable and nice and kind and someone that you can really get behind, and then after this crazy thing happens, I still want you to weirdly be behind her, she says. But in the Candy Montgomery case, there was only one weapon: An axe. Also, its obvious that I am the only person in the world who was charged with a crime I did not commit and that my family members are the only people in the world who are related to someone who was accused of a crime that he or she did not commit, therefore, it is utterly impossible for anyone who is a stranger to me to empathize with me. She got away with murder. The affair with Allan Gore had been over for months, Candys husband Pat had discovered it, he had forgiven Candy and they were working on their marriage. I remembered the shock I felt, along with everyone else, since I was just a few years younger than the murder victim and the defendant. in journalism and creative writing. 167 Hamilton & Evans Properties LLC to Thomas Wheeler Jr., 623 Schaum Ave., Zanesville . Still doesnt entirely explain swing number 15, 16, 17 to 41. has lived in Vilonia, AR 11330 Entree View Dr, Olympia, WA 98512 Spokane, WA Tacoma, WA Spanaway, WA. This story reminds me of Lizzie Borden. Its difficult to tell where Montgomerys kids are today as it appears their names have never been fully made public. Candice Wheeler. I hit her. Anything more goes beyond self-defense. She should have been found guilty. Sowhy did Candy Montgomery kill Betty Gore and what was the reason for her murder? It was Allan Gore that ultimately caught Candys eye through the activities planned by their church, and she didnt hesitate to pursue him despite knowing both of their marital statuses. Its all the same. While at Bettys home, Betty accused Candy of having an affair with her husband, Allan, which Candy confessed to and told Betty that the infidelity happened a long time ago. According to Candy, Betty then left the room and came back with an ax, which she used to threaten Candy with to never see Allan again, which Candy agreed to. Having an affair is one thing but then continuing to behave like nothing happened and wanting to remain close with the family, is extremely selfish. Seriously? Candy approached Allan to start the affair. Candy Montgomery's True Story: What Happened to the - Distractify Candy Montgomery is a Texas-based woman responsible for the killing of her friend Betty Gore. Hearst Magazine Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Candace Wheeler Montgomery Wiki, Biography, Age, Spouse, Net Worth What if he says, She had an axe/knife/gun. What Happened To Candy Montgomery, Betty Gore? | Crime News I also wonder what would have happened if the shoe was on the other foot and if Betty Gore would have had an affair with Candaces husband? Required fields are marked *. I kept hitting her. Candy changed her name back to . . Age 59 / Apr 1963. !ing (*ahem*typomeant kicking). So, Betty asked about it to Candy. Mrs Gore told the class she was pregnant and was waiting for her husband to come home and surprise him. I hate her. Journalist Julia and Candy: Do you gals have any pieces on Darlie Routier? 5 Things To Know About Ax Killer Candy Montgomery - Investigation Discovery Candace "Candy" Montgomery (ne Wheeler) was born into a wandering lifestyle and thus blessed with the incredible skill of forming great connections with anyone at any time. The arrest and trial of Candace Candy Montgomery in 1980 was huge news: The Dallas-area woman was accused of killing her friend Betty Gore with an ax. Maybe the next thing is to make a movie about that poor house. At that point Candace could have left and Betty might still be alive. What she testified in court was that Betty Gore had confronted Montgomery about the affair. We reveal who Candy Montgomery's husband is, confirm if the pair are still married, and provide an episode guide for the series ahead. Illustration by Jeff Smith. Candace Wheeler, M.A., Sp.Psych., is an International Spiritual Psychology Counselor based in Santa Barbara, CA, specializing in a wide range of conditions--from anxiety, depression and co-dependency, to limiting beliefs, relationship and marital discord, and PTSD. I think they also all went to the same church. The public from the United States is curious to learn further about Candace Wheeler Georgia actual story. She had never wanted to marry him. The Murder of Betty Gore at the Hands of Desperate Housewife Candy According to Candy's testimony, she and Betty were talking. She is noted for helping to open the field of interior design to women, supporting craftswomen, and for encouraging a new style of American design. I disagree. The 1990 television movie A Killing in a Small Town is based on the case. Where Is Candy Montgomery Today? Full Candy Montgomery Life Timeline CANDY Montgomery was a 30-year-old mother of two in the early 1980s when she was charged with the murder of her friend, Betty Gore. Candy Montgomery Was an Average Housewife. Would you just crouch in a corner and let the person hit you with it? You **do** know none of that stuff has anything at all to do with this articleright? Jurys mess up, but no state even close to ignorance of Texas. Betty asked Candy if she and Allan had had an affair, Candy said yes, Betty went and got the axe, Betty threatened Candy with the axe, but in the end Candy got the axe and Betty, not Candy, was dead. But the jury was totallyvto blame! Shame on Allen the damn whimp, what a spineless, loser husband he was!!!! Feb 23. Failing to do so is responsible for a confusing and/or erroneous account of a subject. Betty came to know about Candy's affair with her husband. Allan was similarly bored with his sex life with Betty, and despite both having reservations, they began having an affair on Dec. 12, 1978. The duo had taken on the traditional roles of homemaker and breadwinner by that point, though, primarily because Pat was a hard worker who could comfortably provide for them all. Location of Wylie in Collin County, Texas. 'Candy' and 'Love and Death': The Candy Montgomery - Decider He married Candy Wheeler, who worked as a secretary at the time, according to Texas Monthly. She did not plead Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity. She pled Not Guilty Due to Self Defense. Thus, when she was acquitted, there was no finding of insanity, and no reason or justification at all for hospitalization, meds, or psychiatric evaluation.. Dalia Faheid is a reporter on the Star-Telegrams service journalism team. Mrs. Montgomery these days goes by Candace Wheeler, her maiden name, and lives in Georgia. Im so disgusted that Candy Montgomery walked free!!! And that morning, she had been particularly depressed and anxious, mainly because she feared she was pregnant again. I believe that Id think about the fact that the axe wielder has legs and is perfectly capable of running after me, so Id choose FIGHT. If a screenplay is based on publicly available information, such as that contained in newspaper, magazine, or televised news stories from the time period in which the event occurred, then payment would go to the copyright holders of said items, unless copyright has expired or been allowed to lapse by said copyright holders. But what about the house where this murder took place? If someone says shhh to her, what will happen? Candace Wheeler Therapist Georgia {Nov2022} Check Here! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright 2023 CandysDirt.com | All Rights Reserved | Site Design by KateOGroup, LLC. Ive been thinking about you a lot and its really bothering me and I dont know whether I want you to do anything about it or not. Candace Wheeler Georgia {Nov 2022} Grab The Details! - Red-Redial.net What Happened to Candy Montgomery and Where Is She Now? - Newsweek I am not Candy Montgomery. The couple was parents to a son and a daughter. Karma will collect. Gores body was not found until late that night. First of all the FACT is, it doesnt take 41 wacks with an Axe for it to be self-defence, Candy could have only hit Betty once in the head and ran away, that is what is self-defence. BG was a teacher to someone Im close to and I heard some things about her as a teacher. Where is Candy Montgomery Now? - The Cinemaholic Where Is Candy Montgomery Now? An Update on Candy Wheeler Today This was 1980 and do believe the people in Texas have regressed. Candace L. (Wheeler) Montgomery (born 1949) - AncientFaces JUST SAD VERY SAD, Ummm please calm downmaybe they just like the English way of speaking. The pendulum sort of swung this way, then it swung back this way, and then it landed back in the middle, Biel said. [3], The crime was investigated by Steve Deffibaugh with the Collin County Sheriffs Department. Based on the 1984 book Evidence of Love by Texas journalists John Bloom and Jim Atkinson, Hulus Candy dramatizes a shocking murder case that occurred in 1980s Texas. Why not? Ive seen the accusations (how seriously meant, I cant be certain) that I am Candy Montgomery, and thought Id set the record straight. January 1984 3. She could strike again given the right circumstances.