},{ Update: I purchased the laptop, took it home, powered it up, and it instantly went to the blue screen of death. 'category': 'Laptop Computer Combos|782', Anyone is welcome to seek the input of our helpful community as they piece together their desktop. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. 4 1 Sponsored by Elated Stories I'd be happy to reach out to our store manager to see if there may be any other options available. },{ Is there a risk that I'm buying a headache? However, there are certain guidelines that need to be followed by . Use your cart to checkout in-store pickup and shipped items. My primary home server is running on an Amazon warehouse board and has been doing so for about 3 years now. 'price': '297.98', Zurich (Gender incomplete) Zurich (the city) Zurich (French) Proper noun Zurich. 'list': 'Search Results', It may not display this or other websites correctly. 'list': 'Search Results', 'position': 22 'price': '297.98', I went for the deal, and it actually turned out that the product was entirely unused! 'name': 'PowerSpec B749 bundled with Microsoft 365 Family - 12 Month Subscription for up to 6 People', MicroCenter generally will sell you the two or three year replacement plan on open box, refurbished, or even open box refurbished items if you want to save a little less but have more peace of mind. And then you can buy a replacement plan on that. },{ 'id': '5005835', 'category': 'Desktop Computer Combos|784', },{ 'position': 1 Not really a risk. People return all sorts of things for all sorts of reasons, ranging from "mom said I couldn't" to "wife said I couldn't.". Stores are sized up to 60,000 sq ft (5,600 m 2), stocking about 36,000 products across 700 categories, including major name brands and Micro Center's own brands. The warranty and return date basically make it risk free. Hello Reddit, I was looking at purchasing a laptop and noticed that a $2200 laptop had an open box one for $1500. I'm noticing the one you purchased was marked as incomplete and was discounted as such. All but one worked flawlessly. You guys that buy the Warehouse deals openbox boards don't care that you have no warranty? It will still work, though, right? 'category': 'Motherboard/CPU Combos|774', This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. Hopefully, they know something I may not! Open box at microcenter - Possible for step-up - EVGA Forums Choose your store to see our full product selection with local pricing and availability. MICRO CENTER - 747 Bethel Rd, Columbus, Ohio - Yelp Bring them to any of the 25 Micro Center retail locations. Cart (0 items): $0.00 Status: offline. 'name': 'PowerSpec G513 bundled with Microsoft 365 Personal - 12 Month Subscription for 1 Person', },{ },{ We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website. It's not worth the 30 dollars savings. Call center said yeah, we will have them call you. MC is good about accepting back open box items that don't work. $179.99 new It's not worth the 30 dollars savings. 'brand': '', Work with the latest in computer and digital technology. It's also something that one should catch - hopefully, when proceeding with the build? 'category': 'Motherboard/CPU Combos|774', The one other board was a x299 board long sold off but was perfectly fine. What were some of your open box experiences? The Micro Center Return Policy From A to Z - DoNotPay You must log in or register to reply here. 'id': '5006238', I do wonder how extensively they are tested, and how competent the testing person is. We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund in accordance with our return policy no receipt needed if you have a Micro Center Insider Account. All a-ok. Make sure you examine the board before you purchase it. Uniquely focused on computers and computer-related products, Micro Center offers more computer and computer-related SKUs than any other retailer. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. 'category': 'Desktop Computer Combos|784', OP here, picked up an open box MSI Z690-A Pro DDR4 for $154. 'category': 'Desktop Computer Combos|784', This is the place to ask! 'price': '327.98', 'price': '1,479.98', Both brand-new and open-box purchases are eligible for returns. Consider doing it right in the store or right after leaving. It is now offered to you at a discount. 'category': 'Motherboard/CPU Combos|774', 'name': 'HP Victus 16-e1163nr bundled with Microsoft 365 Family - 12 Month Subscription for up to 6 People', Will try to build/test this weekend. Is there a way to troubleshoot the laptop within the 14 day return window to check out everything? Is returning open box items a nightmare? Zurich: meaning, synonyms - WordSense Open box could mean they ran the shit out of it Nd then returned it. I have only bought one open box item, a tablet. The product comes with a 15-day return policy, which allows me to return it for any reason for the full purchase price. 'name': 'PowerSpec G712 bundled with Microsoft 365 Family - 12 Month Subscription for up to 6 People', Hello Reddit, I was looking at purchasing a laptop and noticed that a $2200 laptop had an open box one for $1500. I have bought an open box case, mobo and cpu cooler from B&H. EDIT: Thanks so much for your help! Lego Space Police Gold Heist (5971) Incomplete, Missing Alien & Some Pieces. As an email subscriber, you'll have premier access to our best offers, exclusive deals and more. 'name': 'PowerSpec G711 bundled with Microsoft 365 Family - 12 Month Subscription for up to 6 People', Also, could I install an SSD in either one of these? Sign In With. I have bought a couple of open box items and never had a problem with them. 'price': '559.98', 'list': 'Search Results', 'id': '5006233', I have also had good luck with Microcenter open box boards. I'm afraid we don't sell individual parts for cases. Usually it's from people bringing in their own PC and making sure the hardware they're buying will fit. The store mantra is to ALWAYS take care of the customer. 'price': '1,049.98', { You are using an out of date browser. $19.90 + $10.55 shipping. This is slightly incorrect. Microcenter has an excellent return policy Open box items are mostly returns (cases could be display models). Just too bad they did not send me a couple screws too. 'price': '364.97', I bought it from Newegg and it was quite sad when I received it. 'position': 19 Some come from demo PC's too. Came in a white box with no. Buying open box motherboard - dumb idea? | [H]ard|Forum I did this all in store though, YMMV online. For some reason people loose these, screws, or the plastic bits that OEM coolers hook into. Because of the nature of these products, it is possible that the condition of items will vary when ordering more than one. Avoid parts only motherboards because people find interesting ways to screw them up (scratches with screwdrivers, knives, or whatever that destroy traces, etc.) 'list': 'Search Results', Anyone with experience with Microcenter Open Box products? (Or open box 'id': '5006160', 'position': 12 Any card applies to step up, as long as it is brand new and purchased from an authorized retailer or e-tailer. 'position': 2 YMMV. I never heard it called open box. In addition to providing name-brand products from major manufacturers like Apple and Lenovo, Micro Center also offers technical support and service after the sale, including repair work. Each Micro Center store features a Knowledge Bar offering free, one-on-one tech support and inspiration - no appointment needed. You can get a brand-new Sapphire Nitro RX 480 4GB card for $189.99 from Newegg. 'category': 'Laptop Computer Combos|782', (before tax & fees). This limit encompasses all orders placed under the same customer name, Press J to jump to the feed. Is this a bomb waiting to explode on me? },{ 'name': 'Intel Core i5-12600K, ASUS Z690-P Prime DDR4, CPU / Motherboard Combo', Too many bad experiences over the years. I have bought several open box items and only had trouble with one open box motherboard. 'position': 18 As an email subscriber, you'll have premier access to our best offers, exclusive deals and more. },{ They had the Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H for $132 open box, vs $160 new, so I was trying to consider if I should get the 2500K to get the board for $110, even though I didnt need the CPU . 'Used' boards - no (manufacturer) warranty, right? 'category': 'Motherboard/CPU Combos|774', I bought my video card from Microcenter open box. So if you buy a $100 item, and buy the $10 plan, if the product fails 1 year and 11 months later, you bring it back (don't even need a box!) I got a Maximus Hero VI and get it home and it wouldn't post. In the long run it is really worth saving $20-$30? I would recommend it to anyone, really! So glad I went for it! If the stated limit is exceeded, your order will be adjusted or cancelled so that all I needed a really cheap hard drive for something the other day, so I bought a refurbished 40 GB SATA 1 drive for $5.99 with a two-year in-store replacement plan for another $0.99 in case it goes bad. I'm interested in purchasing a laptop from my local Microcenter. 'price': '679.98', You can view our Privacy Policy and information regarding our use of cookies here for more information about cookies. 'list': 'Search Results', 'list': 'Search Results', 'position': 14 You must log in or register to reply here. 'name': 'Intel Core i5-12600K, ASUS Z690-M-PLUS Prime DDR4, CPU / Motherboard Combo', 'position': 10 Micro Center Coupon | 30% OFF Tech Promo Code | March 2023 - Slickdeals I got a great deal on a i7-6700k and Gigabyte M-itx mobo from Micro Center. Of course I got a full refund on it but I noticed it wasn't labeled as tested like a few of the other boards I was looking at. I'd say go for it but obviously check that everything is there and that the pins are fine, etc. 'list': 'Search Results', 'list': 'Search Results', 'position': 11 Micro Center Discount Tips 'category': 'Laptop Computer Combos|782', 'category': 'Desktop Computer Combos|784', Do you mean that your Maximus wasn't tested? credit card number and/or shipping or billing address. Open Box items are honored for manufacturer's warranties. No acc at all either. I always buy a bunch of amazon warehouse boards from amazon (picked up four last week, X470 boards etc) and they all work fine. If the retailer has a solid return policy and the potential time investment is acceptable to you then go for it. 'position': 24 'name': 'AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, ASUS X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero, CPU / Motherboard Combo', I've also bought tons of used motherboards and haven't had an issue with a single one, and if it's new/used you can always return it if there is a problem. I bought a USB hard drive at Frys a few years back, and while copying my data to it, discovered a problem where it would click and lock up after about 20 minutes of sustained writing. 'id': '5006221', My question: Is it worth the risk? },{ Returns should be called refurb or something different. I got home and checked them both only to find that two corners of the processor are bent and covered in thermal paste and the mobo has broken pins on connections. It depends on the amount of risk you're willing to take. 2/3 had bent pins and were in terrible condition. 'category': 'Laptop Computer Combos|782', Microcenter sometimes discounts open box motherboards as much as 50-75%, so yes, it can definitely be worth it. 'list': 'Search Results', You could have googled that one. 'brand': '', I'd do it. . 'brand': '', 'id': '5006219', Open Box Products | Micro Center MicroCenter generally will sell you the two or three year replacement plan on open box, refurbished, or even open box refurbished items if you want to save a little less but have more peace of mind. I was rather surprised they repaired it at no cost given MSI's track record concerning customer service. One or more items in your cart has a quantity of 0 or may be currently unavailable. To comply, Micro Center Online collects the required modest recycling fee for specified electronic devices if that device is: 1. 'name': 'AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with Wraith Stealth Cooler, MSI X570S MAG Tomahawk Max WiFi, CPU / Motherboard Combo', What is the difference between Cart & List? customers have an equal chance to purchase these amazing deals. 'list': 'Search Results', Some come from demo PC's too. $17.91. often not everything needed is still in the open box. Let your friends know when these items are available, though - they can share in the great deal you found! Resurrecting an old thread : There's this Open Box RX 480 in the microcenter near me, for $170 after tax. Microcenter CPU/Mobo Combo Policy With Open Box Boards If the price is a big enough saving, I suppose it could be worth the risk. Missing part in an open box item Micro Center [13] Stores are sized up to 60,000 sq ft (5,600 m 2 ), stocking about 36,000 products across 700 categories, including major name brands and Micro Center's own brands. Is this a bad idea? 'position': 15 Thinking of buying an open box motherboard from MicroCenter to save a little money. The headache of diagnosing a problem down the road and replacing the mobo is worth more than that. Planning on building a computer but need some advice? Also the couple boards I've picked-up from Microcenter open-box worked great too so no experience with the returns though. These items will be removed if you continue to checkout. Working fine and they have never given me an issue on a return during the return window. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. I'd be happy to reach out to our store manager to see if there may be any other options available. In order to make these hot offers available to more customers, 'brand': '', 'position': 21 Buying open box is like gambling or playing the silicon lottery with dings and scratches. and they don't sell parts to end customers. Having looked around a bit more, I see that, in addition to the MSI GT70 0ND-444US, there is also an open box Toshiba Qosmio X875-Q7190 for almost an identical price. Lastly if I know Im going to keep it long term often I buy the 2 year protection on the mobo so now Ive got 2 years to return it. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. 'list': 'Search Results', Open box use to refer to how OEM's ordered parts that might come like 10 motherboards or 10 video cards at once in a box. A: Micro Center Tech Support is open Monday - Friday 9am - Midnight, Saturday 10am - Midnight, and Sunday 11am - 9pm (Eastern Standard Time) except for reduced hours posted on holidays. Thanks for the comments. },{ Email or Mobile Phone*. JavaScript is disabled. 'price': '1,179.98', 'list': 'Search Results',
Most Hat Tricks By Nhl Defenseman, Articles M