Lacks range and lateral agility in coverage. Derrick Barnes went undrafted for the NFL in 1997. To me, this seems a lot like when JaWhaun Bentley was drafted a few years ago. What we learned about Derrick Barnes by rewatching the Lions linebacker We had guys like JaWhaun Bentley, T.J. McCollum, and a few others. This offseason, the likes of Anthony Schwartz, Rondale Mooreand Jaycee Horn will try to beat that record at their pro days. NFL Draft 40 times tracker: Who has the fastest 40-yard dash in 2021 Derrick Barnes has 25 tackles, including 4.5 tackles for loss, the last five games to give the Boilermakers' defense a lift off the edge News Purdue Opinion Sports Life Obituaries eNewspaper Legals Derrick Barnes: 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview Series I grew up watching him play. 31.0/100. In his senior year, he rushed for 1,567 yards and scored 22 touchdowns; while on defense, he recorded 126 tackles (96 solos), four forced fumbles, and three interceptions, including three kick-off returns for touchdowns as well. Please check your email for a confirmation. Its about the small things. . The fourth quarter began with West Side in front 37-36. Cooper, Keyton Barnes and Anthony Holmes fueled the surge. ET start time) Friday, March 3: Defensive backs and special teams (3 p . Given all of this, expect Barnes to be a starting outside linebacker who could both rush the passer and drop into coverage with ease. Barnes is playing zone coverage but keeps his eye on the QB and doesnt allow him to make his first down mark. Michael Joseph Alstott (born December 21, 1973), is an American former professional football player who was a fullback in the National Football League (NFL) for 12 seasons with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Analyst's take: A scout quoted in Bob McGinn's position analysis in TheAthletic: "He plays like a pro, just his assertiveness. His frame fits the profile of an NFL Mike and he may have upped his stock in that role at the Senior Bowl. If youre looking for a prospect in this years draft class that checks all of those boxes, Purdues Derrick Barnes would have you look no further. All the players and coaches that are still there, I wish them nothing but the best. OLB/EDGE. Call 1-800-GAMBLER. Home town. . For this mock, it will be for the first two rounds with a few trades. Covington. It was great to get a chance to sit down in front of all 32 teams and express myself. We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, show personalized content and targeted ads, analyze site traffic, and understand where our audiences come from. An all-state running back in high school . Cornerback is a position of need for the Detroit Lions, and the 2023 draft class is talented and deep at the position. It was just something that came naturally to me. He was a stat stuffer, totaling over 226 tackles, 10 sacks in 39 career games. 2020: 54 tackles (5.5 for loss), one pass broken up and one interception in six . Mike Alstott. Historically holding over 98K, Built with Forward & Backward Compatibility. If you could pick the brain of any NFL defender, past or present, who would it be and why? In Barnes 4 years at Purdue, he had 2 defensive coordinators and played in 3 different positions. Football has always been calming for me. Taylor runs for 222 in No. 14 Badgers' 45-24 win over Purdue Just ask John Ross, who famously logged a 4.19-second 40-yard dash and went on to be the No. It was on me to bring the defense together. Washed out and caught in traffic in the middle of the field. He was already in the talks as a day 3 steal, then came his pro day. Others see me as an inside linebacker. Linebacker Derrick Barnes has been selected by the Detroit Lions with the 113th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. He was productive for Purdue, but nationwide, people do not realize how good he truly was. Tim Twentyman shares his observations from Day 3 of prospect availability at the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine. 1992 NFL Combine Results. Moore is also the 18th ranked overall prospect in the draft. 2021 NFL Draft: Purdue's Rondale Moore dazzles during Pro Day He was a great running back and linebacker in high school who had an over a 10 yards per rush average and 22 TDs as a senior RB and over 125 tackles as a linebacker. Time: . Kansas City Chiefs NFL Draft Scouting Report: Purdue Linebacker Derrick He was a stat stuffer, totaling over 226 tackles, 10 sacks in 39 career games. DB: My first year there, we had a lot of seniors. They believed in me. I thought it was really awesome. I improved technique-wise and I put up some great sack numbers. Purdue Boilermakers wide receiver Rondale Moore registered an unofficial 40-yard dash time of 4.29. Follow Derrick D. Barnes and explore their bibliography from Amazon.com's Derrick D. Barnes Author Page. The week went by slowly but it was a great experience. The NFL requires its linebackers to be athletic, physical, and versatile nowadays. But hey, Ross still holds the NFL Combine record for the 40-yard dash, so he'll always have that. Which position do you think youll play at the next level? 1993 NFL Combine Results. At 6-1, 240 Pounds, he is a nice sized linebacker in the NFL. Limited vision and is easily fooled by misdirection. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Derrick Barnes, Linebacker As a senior at Purdue, Barnes recorded 54 total tackles, including 40 solo stops. 2021 NFL draft: Fastest 40-yard dash times by position - Touchdown Wire Barnes enjoyed a breakout season rushing the passer in . It ended up being a decent year for me. "Catching up: Holy Cross grad Barnes plays big for Purdue in upset of Ohio State", "All-State: Derrick Barnes, Covington Holy Cross", "Holy Cross' Derrick Barnes flips from Toledo to Purdue", "A look at Derrick Barnes' Purdue football career", "Purdue's Derrick Barnes is Back at Linebacker", "Purdue linebacker Derrick Barnes moving to pass rushing spot for bowl game", "Purdue's Derrick Barnes returns to familiar territory at linebacker", "Derrick Barnes, Purdue LB from Holy Cross HS, invited to Senior Bowl", "Derrick Barnes Draft and Combine Prospect Profile", "2021 Draft Scout Derrick Barnes, Purdue NFL Draft Scout College Football Profile", "Detroit Lions trade up for Purdue LB Derrick Barnes, who has a special tattoo", "Rams OT Andrew Whitworth named 2021 NFL Walter Payton Man of the Year", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Derrick_Barnes_(American_football)&oldid=1141036940, Players of American football from Kentucky, Short description is different from Wikidata, Detroit Lions currentteam parameter articles, Infobox NFL biography articles missing alt text, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 23 February 2023, at 01:18. This is near elite skills shown by a burly tough guy who can play multiple positions. I showed up on time every day and held guys accountable. Derrick Barnes | NFL draft | Purdue football - Rivals.com . NFL footage NFL Productions LLC. Derrick Barnes brings speed and versatility to Lions LB corps He has experience both as a pass rusher and off the ball linebacker, which makes him a nice fit in Detroit. You always have to keep your strength. Barnes' versatility is an asset, and can be used to find a way to get him on the field. We were kind of struggling in terms of getting to the quarterback so the coaching staff was constantly searching for solutions and they landed on me. His 4.58 40-yard dash time makes him the fastest linebacker on Detroits roster, and his ability to play on the edge or drop back into coverage could make him a useful defender in whichever defensive schemes the Lions run with in 2021. Below are the 20 fastest unofficial 40-yard dash times recorded during the 2021 NFL pro day circuit. He waits until he makes his move then Barnes attacks and makes a sure tackle in the backfield. Derrick Barnes Stats | Detroit Lions | The Football Database - 6'0", 245 LBS. You can see the quick reading ability, maybe not as quick as later, but still you see the instincts. The Lions picked up Purdue linebacker Derrick Barnes with the 113th pick, after trading up to get him. I was announced as a starter and my role changed. Projected 40 Time: 4.8. He is a little short for the position (just over 6 tall) so he is able to get great force behind his tackles when he gets in proper tackling form. Purdue's pro day offers up two 2021 NFL draft prospects for the Browns Held one Power 5 offer. Watch him read, find the runner, get in great tackling technical form, then unload on the RB. With the performance that Rondale Moore showcased during his Pro Day, we could potentially see him jump up in the rankings. Going back to when I was younger, I played some running back. 1995 NFL Combine Results. Showed edge rush ability as junior with 7.5 sacks and SL-to-SL speed playing off the ball this . Day 3 picks whose strong camp/preseasons were predictable after spending week with them at. NFL COMBINE RECORDS:Top marks for 40-yard dash, bench press, other drills. Below is a tracker of the fastest players as quarterbacks, wide receivers, tight ends, running backs, offensive linemen, defensive linemen, linebackers and defensive backs run their 40s throughout the 2021 NFL offseason. He also snatched his first and only career interception in his final college season. Lions' Derrick Barnes Draws Comparison to Elite NFL All-Pro. Purdue Football: Derrick Barnes Moving Up Draft Boards [2] Barnes originally committed to play college football at Toledo going into his senior year, but changed his commitment to Purdue after receiving an offer from new head coach Jeff Brohm.
Old School Concert 2022 Las Vegas, How Do I Find My Septic Records In Tennessee?, Michael Collins Funeral, Articles D