I started this pregnancy feeling forgotten and ignored and left yesterday feeling supported and cared for. (Online ordering and Curbside pickup available) Current Hours: 7:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m. Core services provided at Russells Hall include urgent care, medical care, surgery, children and young people, maternity, outpatients, diagnostics, end of life and critical care. Patient Experience Team. Russell Medical is a progressive, not-for-profit, acute care facility serving the needs of east central Alabama since 1903. Stourbridge, Have you experienced something like this, here or elsewhere? 2023 Russell Medical. AMU has junior doctors in various stages of their training, including FY1, FY2, Core Medical Training (CMT), Acute Care Common Stem (ACCS) trainees and Trust doctors. I then come down with a pneumonia on my chest. I'd also like to thank the cleaning staff lady who alerted a nurse for me when I couldn't reach the emergency button because my son was in a comfortable position where was just about able to breathe. When I gave my name at reception, the receptionist was disinterested when I said I had been referred by 111 service. Follow BBC West Midlands on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Arrangements were in place for the safe handling of medicines. Close menu, I just want to say a massive thank you to the kind nurses who made me feel at ease and understood how nervous I was. Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your recent experience with the Ambulatory Emergency Care (AEC) Unit at Russells Hall Hospital. the service is performing badly and we've taken enforcement action against the provider of the service. Send your story ideas to: newsonline.westmidlands@bbc.co.uk, Ministry of Defence confirms what caused 'sonic boom' that shook the Midlands, Country music club returns to Stourbridge pub after 50 years, Special police stop and search powers to continue for another eight hours across Birmingham, Senior Labour MP says she contacted police over threat, New data reveals train commuters spend up to 2450 more a year than car-owning colleagues, Virtual Reality used to soothe anxious 15-year-old with curved spine before surgery, Street fighting in Bakhmut but Russia not in control, Russian minister laughed at for Ukraine war claims. 5 years ago, My nan was brought up to A&E on the 30th November 2017 she came by ambulance and was treated with such care and consideration, we were very impressed by the speed of the service. We spoke with 22 members of staff of various roles and grades. Staff were still unable to describe what fit to sit meant or any criteria for this assessment and patients were left unattended in this area. the need to embed a culture of learning from incidents, how the trust uses and reviews mortality data, the system for bed management and patient flows, embedding patient experience in the organisations learning and strategy. Following your discharge home, an electronic discharge summary will be sent to your GP giving details of investigations and treatment on the unit, with details of medication changes, medications on discharge and any recommendations for follow up and referrals. We are overwhelmed and thrilled to make this momentous announcement, Russell Medical President and CEO Jim Peace said in a news release. The trust employs around 4,147 whole time equivalent staff (WTE). With his familys legacy gift, this vision will become a reality, said Peace. Russells Hall Hospital We further focussed on the areas of assessing and responding to patient risk, nurse staffing, medical staffing, leadership, governance and risk management. Local audits being completed for sepsis patients were providing false assurance on the management of this condition within the department. This short animation is designed to explain the role of SDEC, where it fits within the urgent and emergency care system and the benefits it provides to both staff and patients. It is great to hear that you received excellent care and treatment in AMU and Ward A2. The trust took immediate steps to put this right. 4 July 2012, Termination of Pregnancies Review Report published 8 June 2012 for Russells Hall Hospital - PDF - (opens in new window), Published I was so nervous going in today but the nurses really did go above and beyond to make me feel at ease and reassurance on everything that was happening. It was very difficult and distressing to see my son go though a very difficult time to see him have to have adrenaline twice to help him breathe and I was told he may have to be ventilated and transported to another hospital. WebThe national SDEC model builds on previous improvement work in ambulatory emergency care (AEC) services across the NHS, with the aim of providing a consistent approach to UK Affiliated Hospitals The regional union officer said she was "shocked" when she visited the offices, claiming she saw furniture left in corridors, no social distancing, no signing in mechanism or hand sanitiser available. Patient Experience Team. In partnership with the Choose Well campaign, we are helping you get the best possible treatment by selecting the service that is right for you. People told us that they knew how to make a complaint if they needed to; however people we spoke to told us that they did not have any complaints. We have shared your compliments with the team and senior leaders who will be thrilled to hear of them. Inside our doors you will find cutting edge technology, professionals of the highest caliber, and leadership committed to utilizing all of our resources to improve the quality of every life we touch. We are pleased to hear that you were impressed with the care and treatment you received with us. I visited this hospital for my mental health which I naturally was very fearful of, but I really shouldn't have been. Some staff could recognise signs of sepsis and deterioration and acted on this appropriately. Staff were not always using clinical judgement alongside NEWS scoring criteria. Video messages to our community from our Physicians and our Staff. Clinical observations were not undertaken in a consistent manner. After firstly being admitted with a cellulitis infection in my left leg People told us that they were happy with the care that they had received at the hospital. You can search by name or top speciality. aec russells hall hospital the service is performing well and meeting our expectations. Visited Accident and emergency services on April 2022, Report review titled Kind staff as unsuitable, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hospital and rating our services as 5 star. Mill House Coffee is []. Published "This includes maintaining a Covid-secure workplace for our colleagues as well as following government guidance regarding the use of hand sanitiser, PPE, social distancing and other measures. General Information - Russell Medical Center No rating/under appeal/rating suspended We don't rate every type of service. We did not speak to people as part of this follow up review. Visited Children's & Adolescent Services on May 2022, Report review titled Amazing staff can't thank them all enough! For the latest COVID-19 information from the Alabama Department of Public Health, call 211. - we'll pass your stories to the people in health and social care who can make a difference. Whilst in AEC, you can expect to have nurse triage, doctor clerking and consultant review along with necessary investigations. Went here with my young daughter, to A and E, all staff were very helpful and kind. People could not always access services when they needed. Report review titled Genuinely kind and helpful staff as unsuitable, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hospital and rate our services as 5 star. 2023 BBC. Health Education England will join us in April 2023. Family donates $25M for senior facility expansion at Russell I was really apprehensive about attending A&E for my mental health but I'd feel able to attend again if I ever needed too. Some patients with suspected sepsis were not identified or managed appropriately. The project was made possible thanks to a $25 million donation from Ben and Luanne Russell. Diamond also services this route every 20 minutes. B65 8DA, In Outpatient services are also provided at the Corbett and Guest hospitals. The improvements required by the trust were within the grasp of the trust and its leaders. We saw that a number of improvements had been made to the diet and fluids that people received. During 19/20 there were three CQUINs for SDEC. DY8 4HZ, In We are thrilled to hear that staff were able to put you at ease during what must have been a difficult time for you. We specifically looked at the safe aspects of our key lines of enquiry within the emergency department at Russells Hall. ED can also refer you to AEC if you are an ambulatory patient (not likely to require inpatient admission). Your staff could not have been more professional or efficient. We recommend using one of the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari. Corbett hospital provides day case treatment alongside a range of outpatient services which include radiology, pharmacy, gynaecology, physiotherapy, rehabilitation and a wheelchair supply and maintenance service. Russell Medical | 256.329.7100 | 3316 Highway 280, Alexander City, Alabama 35010, Russell Medical Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine. It is great to hear that you received excellent care and treatment in the Day Surgery Unit. We further focussed on the areas of assessing and responding to patient risk, nurse staffing, medical staffing, leadership, governance and risk management. Who has Care Opinion told about this story? She was given a bed and was seen by a Consultant who she wishes to thank personally for their kindness and excellent bedside manner, they were amazing. They knew how to support patients experiencing mental ill health and those who lacked the capacity to make decisions about their care. AMU has in-house vascular ultrasound for conditions like suspected DVTs seven days a week, run by Vascular Sonographer Corinna Gomm and Mostafa Heydary. This is the major ED in the area and serves the population of Dudley and surrounding areas. SDEC is the provision of same day care for emergency patients who would otherwise be admitted to hospital. Such a lovely Dr and an asset to the hospital. To call the information desk from within the hospital, dial extension 7081. Staff involved patients and those close to them in decisions about their care and treatment. (01384) 456111, Provided and run by: Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback at what must have been a stressful time for your family. Report review titled Poor communication at reception as unsuitable, Thank you for providing feedback about your experience of the Dudley Urgent Care Centre. Your kind comments have been shared with the team and senior management who will be pleased to hear of them. Russells Hall Hospital Your kind comments have been shared with the team and senior management who will be pleased to hear of them. The medical and nursing cover across all areas was not sufficient to meet the needs of the patients. DY1 2HQ, Posted via WebFind a Physician or Specialty. Staff provided emotional support to patients to minimise their distress. The Acute Medicine Department has a number of middle grades, including deanery trainees and staff grade doctors. would be relayed to the hospital and to just tell the staff when I got there I had been referred by them. 15 March 2011, In Russells hall hospital The hospital is south-west of the town centre on the A410 1 road, which connects to the Kingswinford area of the borough. Report review titled Outstanding as unsuitable, Thank you for taking the time to share such fantastic feedback about you daughters experience in the Emergency Department at our hospital. The main role of AMU is to provide you with an initial assessment, investigation and treatment for admissions with medical problems. WebAbout: Russells Hall Hospital Posted via nhs.uk 5 years ago My nan was brought up to A&E on the 30th November 2017 she came by ambulance and was treated with such My family and I would think to thank every single staff member in Children's ED, resus and ward C2 for looking after my 1 year old son. The trust MUST ensure there is sufficient numbers of staff, who are suitably trained and competent, to care for the number and acuity of patients. They didnt look to see what information had been recorded but asked what my symptoms were. One person said, "I have had good treatment, I couldn't ask for better. My wife drove me to RH A&E, I checked in and waited for a few minutes before I was called through. One of the questions was about peoples experience of the service, 382 said 'great', 108 people said 'satisfactory' and 13 people commented 'poor'. financial benefits and cost savings for hospitals, and often for patients too. They suggested I phoned 111. There remain challenges in the flow of patients, but much of this relates to flow across the rest of the hospital. Official information from NHS about Russells Hall Hospital including contact details, directions, opening hours and service/treatment details Accident and emergency services - Russells Hall Hospital - NHS The ophthalmology clinics require review to ensure that all patients are followed up as required and that there is capacity for these clinics. Patients were not wearing allergy wristbands, allergies were not easily identified unless records were consulted or reviewed. Staff were really lovely. Bus operators. WebWe offer a 24 hour stroke service at Russells Hall Hospital. Your kind comments have been shared with the team and senior management who will be pleased to hear of them. The Russell Legacy Project will be located on the hospital campus in Alexander City. This is not my first experience of this hospital not checking information relayed to them by 111. Our mission is simple: Being the best because, we care. AEU Department We visited the accident and emergency department, the emergency assessment unit, the isolation ward and the trauma and orthopaedic ward. The numbers of reporting radiographers available could not meet the reporting demands of the service. Address We are centrally The complaints were analysed to look at trends, for changes to be implemented. These clinics provide patients with the opportunity to be reviewed by a senior doctor. Russell Medical serves patients in a seven-county service area, including Tallapoosa, Coosa, Elmore, Talladega, Clay, Lee and Chambers counties.
How Close Can A Pergola Be To The House, Articles A